• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
@Sigran101 I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I was in tears while I was reading your story, since I know that feeling of losing someone close to you. I will pray every day for you and your brother and hope that the dream will finally come true.

I this suddenly came to my head....
View attachment 23475

Roidley: "Uh...Big Bro? are you OK.?"

Ridley: "Yes, why?"

Roidley: "Because you are...hugging me. Why?"

Ridley: "For...no reason at all...sniff..."

Roidley: "But...you never-"

Ridley: "Shhhh...say no more."

Roidley: "...um...Big Bro?"

Ridley: "What is it?"

Roidley: "I love you, Big Bro."

Ridley: "...I...I love you too....silly...."
Ridley x Ridley brotherly love confirmed.
....well, at least something got confirmed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, I've been gone all day, so can someone update me on anything Ridley related that has happened recently? And ideas on how the reveal of Shulk affects Ridley's chances?
Double post

Your going to be sweating from this but

as of now PAX is doing the same thing E3 did with a secret smash confrence things

And its 4 hours this is excruciating wait if this is truely it for ridley.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's ironic how our dream of playable Ridley has been continually beaten but it's never truly died, much like Ridley himself :awesome:

Also, just wanted to add something I thought of, (may be thinking too much though). Remember how Nintendo of Europe tweeted that pic of Meta Knight on the anniversary of Pyrosphere's reveal? Apart from the wings, glowing eyes and stage, what else connects Meta Knight to Ridley? I don't know if someone has brought this up, but their battle themes are very similar.

Just listen to Meta Knight's theme from Epic Yarn from 0:07 onwards:

/strawgrasp

Anywho, sorry if that's been brought up before. Even if there's no reveal tonight, don't give up. Ridley never did, why should we? :chuckle:
If ya want to kick up the strawgrasping there another notch, I pointed out earlier too how Super Metroid's lower norfair has these little guys in the last couple rooms before you fight Ridley which bare a slight resemblance to Meta Knight, and were in Zero Mission's Norfair as well I believe.

Ridley's had an altered breed of Meta Knights working for him all along. Am not expecting that much to be revealed tonight though, for realsies. Will be going out again soon though anyway, so may be gone while all the ****'s going on, once more.

Pretty admirable @ Sigran101 Sigran101 . Sorry to hear that too.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I have a feeling if there is a trailer, it will be at the beginning or the end. beggining is passed and no sighn of Ridley, so it's time to wait 4 hours.... yayyyyyy......

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Double post

Your going to be sweating from this but

as of now PAX is doing the same thing E3 did with a secret smash confrence things

And its 4 hours this is excruciating wait if this is truely it for ridley.
Y'know, the only thing that is good about that is that we should at least get some good info. I mean, for christs sake, its four hours long.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
The only character that's saving the roster for me is DHD as he Ridley and K. Rool are the only realistic choices I actually really really want...

The rosterpicture leak is mehh to me -_- it's so incomplete without Rids..
In my opinion, the prospect of(this is going to offend so many people) Larry being an alt for Bowser Jr. gives me the most hype from this leak, as he was my favorite koopaling. Don't really care for anyone else, as they either strike me as an odd choice, boring, or why would they even be a character?

As for Ridley, I'm holding my cards for him. I honestly think that he has a good likelyhood of being playable. Post fact? Special trailer? Beats me.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
that is a very close minded opinion
close-minded because i hate hacked games and competitive players and PC gamers?

no, that is how things should be.

just like how ridley SHOULD be in smash.

you calling my opinion close-minded, makes YOU close-minded in return.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
If Ridley gets revealed; I promise to get really, really drunk and record it on video. I have never consumed alcohol (outside of medicine, I suppose), so it should be fairly hilarious. I swear, I will down three or four bottles.
That sounds like a terrible idea. If you never consumed alcohol, depending on the stuff you intend to use, that might actually kill you.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
@Sigran101 I'm so sorry to hear what happened. I was in tears while I was reading your story, since I know that feeling of losing someone close to you. I will pray every day for you and your brother and hope that the dream will finally come true.

View attachment 23475

I really apreciate it. Thank you.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It doesn't change anything at all. I did hear something about Metal Face being announced to be a boss over twitter, but I haven't seen any confirmation of it.
Nothing, really. Except that Metal Face was teased near the end of Shulk's trailer by a shadow, and that he was rumored to be confirmed as a boss via twitter (or so I've heard).

Shulk doesn't really have anything to do with Ridley at the moment.
Well, if Metal Face really is confirmed as a boss so soon after that tease...

Ridley's chances only increase further.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
To think, Metal Face being confirmed as a stage hazard boss will effectively indirectly confirm Ridley, and I think Sakurai wants to atleast keep Ridley under wraps, by not revealing Metal Face's role, even though we know he is anyway. What I'm trying to say is him not being confirmed as a stage hazard boss keeps Ridley as a mystery because he will avoid singling him out.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
What are you on about? *peeks at users viewing* GOD DAMN! Uh. Welcome to the Ridley thread! detractors go to the left to collect your water and crow, supporters go to the right to join the chat, neutrals, do whatever you please! Refreshments are going to be ordered in a few hours
OH BOY REFRESHMENTS!
I WANT A PURPLE FREEZE AND A PEPSI!

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Wait.. how does Metal Face beeing a stage hazard confirm Ridley as playable?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling if there is a trailer, it will be at the beginning or the end. beggining is passed and no sighn of Ridley, so it's time to wait 4 hours.... yayyyyyy......
wait, is it happening now?

is there a video? or what?

FILL ME IN!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You know, I've come to an epiphany. I've decided that, whether or not the big 3 are included, I wan't to smack Sakurai either way. Either for not including a hyped and worthy character (and the Ridley-culous amount of teasing he's doing), or for dragging this trolling out for so long and making us suffer.

After today, I think it's not looking good for our big boss, but I really hope to be wrong.

But if the All-star pic just shows the next 5 in rotation, that means he stopped it right before Ridley comes on screen. You utter *******, Sakurai.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
About this whole Metal Face thing, I haven't seen a proper source of this deconfirmation yet. If someone can find a source that would be nice thank you now back to Ridley.

sooo....
Is this round-table related to Smash?
Pretty much!

Well, so far almost all characters that aren't playable and have been shown have been explicitly deconfirmed. Save for Ridley.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Except a mod is NOT a hack, no matter how much you want it to be so that it justifies your ill-thought views. If by some strange quirk of fate Ridley is not in Sm4sh, he will be added to the mod, and through that gain a greater following for 5mash.

Disappointment by Shulk this morning appears to have sublimated into a strange sort of seething excitement for Ridley now. We need him to fix our knights:dragons: princesses ratio, at this point. :dizzy:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's not Metal Face being a stage hazard that would "confirm" Ridley, it would be a confirmation of him being a stage hazard just after he was teased. It would be another situation where a character was teased, via shadow, to be some sort of boss; the difference would be that Metal Face would actually be confirmed as a boss, while Ridley's fate is still up in the air.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
About this whole Metal Face thing, I haven't seen a proper source of this deconfirmation yet. If someone can find a source that would be nice thank you now back to Ridley.

Pretty much!

Well, so far almost all characters that aren't playable and have been shown have been explicitly deconfirmed. Save for Ridley.
Well yeah thats the strongest argument that hints at him beeing playable, but it doesnt confirm him per se.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I know that feeling too, Sigran101. I hope Sakurai won't disappoint us this time.
Woo, this makes me nervous. Here's what I see, JP release dates:
:rob:: Jul. 26, 1985
:4peach::4bowser:: Sep. 13, 1985 (Mario is 1981, Luigi is 1983)
:4link::4zelda:: Feb. 21, 1986 (Ganondorf and Sheik debuted in OoT, 1997)
:4samus:: Aug 6, 1986 (Zero suit debuted 2004)
:4pit::4palutena:: Dec 18, 1986

So the exclution of Pit, Palutena, and ROB don't mean anything since they're on either side of the window, and Ganon was only a boar-monster until he became human (and was renamed Ganondorf) in 1997. I can only hope that they were smart enough to hide Ridley, or that there's a 5-character limit so he'd be on the next page.
Their first release dates is what counts, so, ROB still counts. And he is important enough to not be left out. So, don't worry about that.

1. It is not HACKED game - it is simply an optional mod.
  2. While it is not that fitting for casual players, it is still not only for "no fun" idiots or "for glory" guys. It is still fun.
  3. It is not an PC game. This mod is for consoles, just like Brawl. Being able to use it on PC is not something they really wanted to do. It is just possible.
  4. This mod is done really well. It is not s***y pack of different badly done Brawl hacks. It wasn't done without thinking about it too much either.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
That sounds like a terrible idea. If you never consumed alcohol, depending on the stuff you intend to use, that might actually kill you.
I intended on drinking some non-alcoholic beers. :troll:

Two and a half it is! :troll:

But seriously; I am not too concerned, as much as I would like to see Ridley, I suppose I have conditioned myself into not believing that he will be revealed anytime soon.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

View attachment 23475

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Thanks guys for the clear up. Wasn't too sure on things.
Hmmm....so, is that all we know so far? (XD sorry about all the questions. I would adore seeing Mewtwo or Ridley at this event.)
<3

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Shulk's sword has the power of Ridley, we Must obtain it

Top Bottom