• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ok, confession time. I want to tell you all the main reason why I support Ridley for ssb4. I'll put it in spoilers because it might not be a story a lot of people want to know.

Yeah, I think Ridley is cool, and deserves it and all that, but the reason I want him in is more for my brother. He was dead set that Ridley was going to be in brawl, and at the time I was a toobiggot. The last time I ever talked to him, he told me Ridley would definately be in brawl, and I laughed at him and said it would never happen. He then told me "we'll see." and then he left in the car and died in a crash. Later on, I was diagnosed with a disease called Pemphigus. It's not one most people have heard of, so look it up if you must, but I warn you it is fairly disturbing. You all can just say "well, let's just hope he's in smash 5" if he gets deconfirmed, but I will never get to play smash 5. I'll be lucky if I make it to next summer. When this thread convinced me Ridley was viable, I decided I wanted him in for my brother. He never got to see Ridley in smash, and died believing he was already in, and that being the last thing we talked about, I want to see Ridley in smash before I go as well. Ridley in smash isn't a joke to me. That's why I hate smug detractors who simply laugh at the idea and move on, becuase that's the last thing I did with my brother. I laughed and moved on, and it hurts to see others making the same mistake. It's why I hate stupid memes making fun of Ridley fans, why I hate all these tricks and mindgames, and why he is my most wanted character in smash. I want to make sure he's in so I can tell my brother he was right in the afterlife. This is all I want from smash bros. 4. Think of it as a final request of sorts. Here's hoping he finally makes it this time.
I'm so so sorry to hear that man.....we can only hope that he makes it this time so you can experience playing him. Thank you for being so brave to open up to us like that. Damn dude, I was getting teary eyed reading that.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ok, confession time. I want to tell you all the main reason why I support Ridley for ssb4. I'll put it in spoilers because it might not be a story a lot of people want to know.

Yeah, I think Ridley is cool, and deserves it and all that, but the reason I want him in is more for my brother. He was dead set that Ridley was going to be in brawl, and at the time I was a toobiggot. The last time I ever talked to him, he told me Ridley would definately be in brawl, and I laughed at him and said it would never happen. He then told me "we'll see." and then he left in the car and died in a crash. Later on, I was diagnosed with a disease called Pemphigus. It's not one most people have heard of, so look it up if you must, but I warn you it is fairly disturbing. You all can just say "well, let's just hope he's in smash 5" if he gets deconfirmed, but I will never get to play smash 5. I'll be lucky if I make it to next summer. When this thread convinced me Ridley was viable, I decided I wanted him in for my brother. He never got to see Ridley in smash, and died believing he was already in, and that being the last thing we talked about, I want to see Ridley in smash before I go as well. Ridley in smash isn't a joke to me. That's why I hate smug detractors who simply laugh at the idea and move on, becuase that's the last thing I did with my brother. I laughed and moved on, and it hurts to see others making the same mistake. It's why I hate stupid memes making fun of Ridley fans, why I hate all these tricks and mindgames, and why he is my most wanted character in smash. I want to make sure he's in so I can tell my brother he was right in the afterlife. This is all I want from smash bros. 4. Think of it as a final request of sorts. Here's hoping he finally makes it this time.
D:
That's....damn. That's one of the worst ways to have someone go. You have one of the best reasons to have him in.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Oh wow...I just can't believe we will also end up losing a supporter. I thought my life could be sh*tty at times, but you sir(or madam) really made me want to cry. I hope you will end up satisfied before death. I salute you, not for being a supporter, not for being a friend, but for being a great sibling

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Apparently All-Star was shown in a Japanese commercial, but there's no Ridley in sight for the 1985-1986 section. Then again, Pit isn't on there either, so I have no idea how this is supposed to be organized.
Woo, this makes me nervous. Here's what I see, JP release dates:
:rob:: Jul. 26, 1985
:4peach::4bowser:: Sep. 13, 1985 (Mario is 1981, Luigi is 1983)
:4link::4zelda:: Feb. 21, 1986 (Ganondorf and Sheik debuted in OoT, 1997)
:4samus:: Aug 6, 1986 (Zero suit debuted 2004)
:4pit::4palutena:: Dec 18, 1986

So the exclution of Pit, Palutena, and ROB don't mean anything since they're on either side of the window, and Ganon was only a boar-monster until he became human (and was renamed Ganondorf) in 1997. I can only hope that they were smart enough to hide Ridley, or that there's a 5-character limit so he'd be on the next page.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652

That's really touching. I hope he gets in for you and your brother. Really sorry to hear what happened. I know the feeling of losing someone and it's the absolute worst. Here's to Ridley for Smash 4 for you and your brother.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'd really like to thank everyone for support and condolences. I got teary eyed just writing the post and you guys are just making cry even more, but in kind of a good way. I love you all.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'd really like to thank everyone for support and condolences. I got teary eyed just writing the post and you guys are just making cry even more, but in kind of a good way. I love you all.
I love you too, may you get Ridley TODAY
It's about to start anyways guys.

Tasers

Smash Cadet

My deepest condolences brother, don't listen to them, they only say that because they find Ridley ridiculous because they think he will be too big and impossible to balance. But don't worry I see quite the opposite, I know a trained animator can make him look amazing and reasonable at the same time, because Bowser is huge and Ridley deserves to be the largest character in the game for his history and accomplishments of being a villain since the 80's. To be a little bit bigger than Bowser is completely reasonable. I hope you enjoy your time left on Earth and find inner peace within yourself despite the sins of humanity. Best wishes man

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I love the amount of support everyone's giving, it shows that there are some genuinely nice people in the world.

But does anyone have a link to Derrik's twitter? In case he is live tweeting?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Alright, now I'm really hoping for the Ridley trailer at the event. It has to happen soon, because while I'm basicly garunteed to make it to release and for some time after, but I could technically keel over any day, so I get more and more worried every day we don't see Ridley. Here's hoping we see him at the event today!

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I love the amount of support everyone's giving, it shows that there are some genuinely nice people in the world.

But does anyone have a link to Derrik's twitter? In case he is live tweeting?
I don't believe Derrick is even at PAX. In their Shulk/New 3DS discussion video, they mentioned that Ash was there.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I don't believe Derrick is even at PAX. In their Shulk/New 3DS discussion video, they mentioned that Ash was there.
Oh, well I know Andre and Tom are there too, because of the Pokemon Art Academy video. Either way, someone will live-tweet it.

Here's to hoping for Ridley.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Alright, now I'm really hoping for the Ridley trailer at the event. It has to happen soon, because while I'm basicly garunteed to make it to release and for some time after, but I could technically keel over any day, so I get more and more worried every day we don't see Ridley. Here's hoping we see him at the event today!
Ay. And should you breathe your last anyway at some unexpected moment, I really hope you meet your bro again. It's been a long while either way, and we're all getting sick of this wait. The worst thing that could happen right now is that we all die of sheer boredom.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wait, is there a thing going on? Are people actually expecting more news on the same day Shulk was announced?

I wouldn't hold my breath guys. At this point, if Ridley is playable, he definitely won't be revealed before the game comes out. I don't think there are going to be any new character reveals before the game comes out. We can do two weeks. We've done more.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I guess the Xenoblade Chronicles "New" 3DS port may count in Sakurai's eyes. Bloody "New" ruining my dreams...
I seriously doubt Sakurai knew about the 3DS remake of Xenoblade during SSB4's development. He would have most likely heard about it after the stage concept for Gaur Plains was finalized and completed for both versions, along with Shulk.

Again, the Pyrosphere made an appearance in a 3DS fighting game, which was meant to advertise Metroid Other M. Why wouldn't it make another appearance in the 3DS version of Smash, assuming that Ridley's still a stage hazard?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Wait, is there a thing going on? Are people actually expecting more news on the same day Shulk was announced?

I wouldn't hold my breath guys. At this point, if Ridley is playable, he definitely won't be revealed before the game comes out. I don't think there are going to be any new character reveals before the game comes out. We can do two weeks. We've done more.
I definitely don't expect anything, but some people do. It wouldn't hurt to read the live tweet feeds, though. Nice to know about new games and all. But yeah, don't get your hopes up.

I agree with you, nobody get your hopes up.

In all seriousness, what if Metal Face is a new fighter?
What does this have to do with Ridley?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
In all seriousness, what if Metal Face is a new fighter?
That actually isn't possible because of his size. There actually is a piece of canon that makes it impossible for him, something not even the ignore-canon rule can stop.

There is actually a dude behind that mask there, shrinking him down would mean there is actually a very small human in the mech suit.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well i hope ridley gets revealed today

If not looks like 2 more weeks or it looks like we will not see ridley till after the 13th

I definitely don't expect anything, but some people do. It wouldn't hurt to read the live tweet feeds, though. Nice to know about new games and all. But yeah, don't get your hopes up.

I agree with you, nobody get your hopes up.

What does this have to do with Ridley?
His shadow was shown in the shulk trailer

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Man and here's me getting mad becuse I lost 10 dollars. Makes me think twice about life...

Hoping for the best man! Now I want Ridley even more.

EDIT: how do I edit the gif out? That wasn't even supposed to be in my post....

Last edited:
Top Bottom