• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
If we do get a trailer, I want it to go down just like this
At first I saw that as Ridley in a biker outfit. Then I re-read and was disappointed.

im sorry, WHICH thread has over 1700 pages?

ridley is wanted the most... and since PAX is happening during the other M anniversary, it makes most sense for ridley to be revealed.
Ahaha, someone using page # as an argument again for whose really wanted the most? Yeah, because this site contains every fan of Smash and said characters; nevermind how being in the unconfirmed veterans section prevents Mewtwo's thread from not getting as much activity as it could, because not that many people go there.. And not to knock this place, but a lot of reaching 1700 was through off-topic spam, shipping art/fanfics, arguing with/bemoaning detractors, and other hysterical things of that nature. We're just a loud bunch, is all.

Anyway, not sure how much I'm willing to link Other M's anniversary to the Pax thing yet, but it is interesting... May be a coincidence though; if the other Metroid anniversaries weren't really acknowledged this month, I don't particularly see why an anniversary of the most hated game in the series would, despite how much content it may have in SSB4. Not everything has to pertain to Ridley here, much as I would like him to be revealed by then.

Well at least it didn't take long for me to be put at ease again over the whole Metal Face thing.

Turns out he gets a dual-reveal with Ridley where Ridley has abducted Bowser Jr. like he did the Baby Metroid in Super Metroid.
Better show Ridley carrying Bowser Jr in a little glass container then, like with Pikachu in that Zekrom guy's avatar.

Honestly, this iteration of Smash seems awfully promotion heavy. Most of the newcomers come from recently released or soon to be released games. Hopefully Metroid gets revamped by the time Smash 5 (6) comes along, so that Ridley can take his well-deserved spot on the roster.
Will try to keep this mentality in mind should we get Stage Hazardley.

Also, hai lanky!

Morbi

Scavenger
defiantly betting on at least 1 more trailer before smash comes out. but if I may ask, what is PAX and is it likely we will get another trailer at that time? I saw them doing a Shulk trailer to intensify Japanese hype. now what about a highly requested western character now?
Perhaps we will get a certain space dragon to intensify western hype... two weeks before it launches. :042:

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
I'm genuinely worried/confused to as whether Sakurai would really reveal Ridley secretly as playable or let this past year full of teasing be only for him to be revealed as a boss character. Then again, I could be wrong and he might be revealed at PAX but since Shulk was revealed today, I highly doubt another character would be announced pretty much immediately after. I honestly hope Ridley gets in considering the CSS apparently isn't the full roster and there's so much going for him.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Any news?
Pax thing, what time is it?
I love all of you!
No news on that but

The smash user burb is easily a ridley detractor

He claimed shulk got no hints what so ever. (Before you agree remember sakurais twiiter post and the music section of smash site and monolith tweeting on smash stuff.)

The arguement was he thinks ridley will get the chrom treatment

I remembered there was only 1 hint for chrom which was the stage which was accually connected to lucina and robin.

Do you agree with me?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
American announcement confirmed!
That's what we all are expecting, yeah.

After all, Shulk was in the Japanese Top 5 most wanted list, but not in the Western one. Ridley was in the Western Top 5 most wanted list, but not in the Japanese one.

It would make sense.

What time is this Smash PAX event?
As I just said, nobody knows!

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
That's what we all are expecting, yeah.

After all, Shulk was in the Japanese Top 5 most wanted list, but not in the Western one. Ridley was in the Western Top 5 most wanted list, but not in the Japanese one.

It would make sense.

As I just said, nobody knows!
Perfect sense
No news on that but

He claimed shulk got no hints what so ever. (Before you agree remember sakurais twiiter post and the music section of smash site and monolith tweeting on smash stuff.)

I remembered there was only 1 hint for chrom which was the stage which was accually connected to lucina and robin.

Do you agree with me?
I agree brother.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
No news on that but

Do you agree with me?
I am pretty sure Burb is a gamefaqs troll.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Pleases Sakurai just reveal America most wanted newcomer now and make this the best Smash game Ever!!!

Also I'am glad I can have xenoblade music playing while I play smash without resorting to hacks:denzel:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The closed door conference is from 2 to 6 pst.
We might get a trailer uploaded to youtube at best.
(like pacman)
I dont care if its live or not,
I just want it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So... Shulk was revealed... The "last announced newcomer" was between Shulk and Ridley... Where art thou, Ridley?

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
I'm genuinely worried/confused to as whether Sakurai would really reveal Ridley secretly as playable or let this past year full of teasing be only for him to be revealed as a boss character. Then again, I could be wrong and he might be revealed at PAX but since Shulk was revealed today, I highly doubt another character would be announced pretty much immediately after. I honestly hope Ridley gets in considering the CSS apparently isn't the full roster and there's so much going for him.
we got palutena mii and pac man in a row so why not

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
WE ARE GETTING RIDLEY TODAY
Shulk as revealed in a Japan only direct
He was in Japan's top 5 most wanted

Ridley will be revealed in 'Murica only PAX closed door
He is in the west's top 5.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
No news on that but

Do you agree with me?
Actually, Shulk had something quite big going for him. Apparently, someone contacted the voice actor through I don't know what medium, asking him to give them a subtle clue if Shulk was in the game, upon which he "liked" the message.

Also, the Chrom-treatment means that a character gets the boot for being generic. Guess what Ridley isn't.

You just gave me so much hope. Thank you.
This may end in tears.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I'm sure pax will hold another character reveal but my concern is that mewtwo could steal that spot. It really depends on if the reveal is newcomer or vet. If both, Ridley and Mewtwo would be fantastic.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Actually, Shulk had something quite big going for him. Apparently, someone contacted the voice actor through I don't know what medium, asking him to give them a subtle clue if Shulk was in the game, upon which he "liked" the message.

Also, the Chrom-treatment means that a character gets the boot for being generic. Guess what Ridley isn't.

This may end in tears.
Why would we cry if he doesn't get confirmed TODAY? Sure, we expect him today, but nobody else does.
A little hope never hurt nobody.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Who said the Shulk announcement would be our last newcomer?
I never implied anyone said that. It was speculated (in this very thread, at times) that the last newcomer to be announced before the release would be either Ridley or Shulk. So, Shulk was announced, now all we need is Ridley and we're good. There are still 14 days.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm sure pax will hold another character reveal but my concern is that mewtwo could steal that spot. It really depends on if the reveal is newcomer or vet. If both, Ridley and Mewtwo would be fantastic.
Mewtwo would be an international announcement, the Japanese Mewtwo fanbase is too big (:denzel:) to have his announcement be at an American event not really being covered by Japanese sources.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

I want this so badly but I fear my hopes will be crushed. Even if it's Mewtwo or anything that would prove the css screenshot from the leak wasn't final. Even if many think it wasn't, I still need real confirmation from Sakurai before I accept it.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Mewtwo would be an international announcement, the Japanese Mewtwo fanbase is too big (:denzel:) to have his announcement be at an American event not really being covered by Japanese sources.
I say it in the possibility we only get a veteran and Mewtwo would be the most hype veteran for the West.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I'm genuinely sorry if this has already been discussed, but what's up with this?

Apparently All-Star was shown in a Japanese commercial, but there's no Ridley in sight for the 1985-1986 section. Then again, Pit isn't on there either, so I have no idea how this is supposed to be organized.

Top Bottom