• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Anything in the same sentence as 4chan is not to be trusted, so for example, I can (not) be trusted with the fate of Ridley.

Regardless, avoid it like the plague. Or Phazon even.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Anything in the same sentence as 4chan is not to be trusted, so for example, I can (not) be trusted with the fate of Ridley.

Regardless, avoid it like the plague. Or Phazon even.
But the current leak came from 4chan, so is it fake as well? my brain's all tangled up right now.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Why people keep thinking taht Ridley would be a good mount? thats like saying that samus would make a good lamp ._.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
But the current leak came from 4chan, so is it fake as well? my brain's all tangled up right now.
Well, the difference between that leak and your standard leak is that one leak originally came from NoA, which is a more exceptable source. 99% of the other leaks are just made up.

But enough leak talk, inb4 thread lock, what are your chances that a character could get revealed a PAX. Normally I heard nothing ever get revealed there but what do you think. If Ridley is revealed, I think a 80% chance that it might happen.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, the difference between that leak and your standard leak is that one leak originally came from NoA, which is a more exceptable source. 99% of the other leaks are just made up.
There is no evidence backing up the NoA claim. The same statement has been repeated everywhere about it, but there is no verifiable original source. It's just hearsay, and obviously incorrect hearsay at that, since the statement also claims that said NoA employee also happens to have a copy of the game in his possession, even after being arrested.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
There is no evidence backing up the NoA claim. The same statement has been repeated everywhere about it, but there is no verifiable original source. It's just hearsay, and obviously incorrect hearsay at that, since the statement also claims that said NoA employee also happens to have a copy of the game in his possession, even after being arrested.
I'm just giving a case that if that was true, a source such as that could give more creditability. But as you said, it wasn't 100% confirmed. Which adds to the "legitimacy of 4chan" bit.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

But enough leak talk, inb4 thread lock, what are your chances that a character could get revealed a PAX. Normally I heard nothing ever get revealed there but what do you think. If Ridley is revealed, I think a 80% chance that it might happen.
I'd say there's a 75% chance we'll get a character reveal behind closed doors, and an 85% chance if we do have one that Ridley will be (one of) the character(s) revealed.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I'd say there's a 75% chance we'll get a character reveal behind closed doors, and an 85% chance if we do have one that Ridley will be (one of) the character(s) revealed.
Am I the only one who saw the leak? Ridley isn't in. Instead, we get Mario-in-a-coat and dunk hunt dog.

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who saw the leak? Ridley isn't in. Instead, we get Mario-in-a-coat and dunk hunt dog.
Yes. You are the only one here who saw the leak. It definitely wasn't discussed to death, rebirth, and redeath here. Nope. We don't know much about them leeks in these parts.

I'm gonna get Smash either way, because it looks amazing and it has so many characters I love in it already. But this thread really made me want Ridley. (If I could be added to that support list, that'd be nifty-keen.) And I agree with what's been said before; if Ridley is not playable in this game, given how bluntly every other character was shown AND said to not be playable, I'd think slightly less of Sakurai. Even if it was a misstep at first and April was supposed to be D-Day, the dude has had MONTHS since then to fix this mess.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
One more Ridley mount combo....

The Purple Duo, Waluigi riding Ridley into battle!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Just a reminder to avoid leak discussion here. It gets brought up, someone says Ridley isn't in the game, some fans get offended, arguments occur, and the thread ultimately gets derailed.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Just a reminder to avoid leak discussion here. It gets brought up, someone says Ridley isn't in the game, some fans get offended, arguments occur, and the thread ultimately gets derailed.
Yeah, let's get back to Ridley...
So, you guys think the POTD will announce something Ridley related?

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I have the feeling it will have to do with a menu...
:ohwell:

Last edited:

ArabrockermanX

Smash Journeyman
You don't get arrested for breaching a NDA... If he had a copy Nintendo would have to take it back through legal means(sue the guy/settle with him). If he got busted he lost his job and maybe got sued(I really don't know how far companies take breached NDAs). He isn't a criminal he is someone who breached a contract two completely different things there.

If the story is true about him getting fired and sued he's pretty much screwed financially for life. I hope Nintendo doesn't go beyond just firing him that's a sever penalty when you consider he's going to have a hard time getting a job. I honestly dislike the 4chan leaker who gave us this information, he done it with no consideration of what would happen to the source of said material.

EDIT: back on topic now

I'm not sure what to make of Ridley at this point. We don't really have any credible leaks in favour of him but Nintendo hasn't said much aside from strongly hinting at him as a stage boss. He'd be welcome as a character though the more the better

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Got too bored and decides to scribble this.....

Ridley X Samus
Sorry, AndreaAC and WingedSnagret....but Rosalina is only a fling to Ridley :p....Samus is Ridley's true love. After all, the Lady and the Dragon are bound by the red thread of fate.........If it was not for Ridley, Samus would not be the Space Bounty Hunter she is today. After countless battles, a certain spark may have kindled in their hearts......Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I hope for our sake we learn from this glorious statement;

You heard him, guys. If you didn't then you should have at least had some common sense telling you this was coming. Honestly I can't say I'm surprised how chaotic things got.

Catching up from this point onwards/handling warnings as needed. Also temporarily locking this thread until further notice. I suggest everyone take this time to calm down/cool off from all the leak talk. I apologize to those who really were trying/were abiding the rules and actually trying to keep discussion focused on Ridley.

On a related note, if anyone makes another topic while this one is down, or brings the discussion to an inappropriate thread (this includes posts about the thread itself, and reactions to the lock), they WILL GET INFRACTED FURTHER.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
To be honest, I hope not. Being this close to release means anything can happen and I don't want to risk it.

If it does happen, I hope it's teasing at him. That would do wonders for his chances. Why would he tease Ridley 3 weeks from release if he was a boss?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm starting to wonder why these support threads for Ridley are so hype. If Ridley gets confirmed, it'll be a nice surprise to me, but I wouldn't count on it absolutely happening..

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141

Ridley X Samus
Sorry, AndreaAC and WingedSnagret....but Rosalina is only a fling to Ridley :p....Samus is Ridley's true love. After all, the Lady and the Dragon are bound by the red thread of fate.........If it was not for Ridley, Samus would not be the Space Bounty Hunter she is today. After countless battles, a certain spark may have kindled in their hearts......Love and Hate are two sides of the same coin.
I'm not gonna lie, I was scared to open that spoiler

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Ridley X Samus
82A571_0DB8E362AD3B0_000.gif

"If you say so...but I will stay with the most beautiful rose in the Universe...."

^u^ I don't mind RidleyXSamus..but Ridsalina is the shipping I CREATED so....I will stay with it.

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
LOL I finally found this thread. RIDLEY FOR SMASH!!!

Does anyone find Ridley's shadow to be too small for a stage boss? Remember Brawl Ridley there.

I think the shadow for Ridley is Melee intro size. Which makes him totally playable.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman

Ridley X Samus
inb4 dragon dildos

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
LOL I finally found this thread. RIDLEY FOR SMASH!!!

Does anyone find Ridley's shadow to be too small for a stage boss? Remember Brawl Ridley there.

I think the shadow for Ridley is Melee intro size. Which makes him totally playable.
Yes, a lot of people thinks a lot of things support Ridley's inclusion as a playable character, that being one of them. Also:

Welcome to the thread! *Insert generic "glad to see you join" and "don't drink the water" message coming your way*

inb4 dragon dildos
Nah. It's all about what he can do with the tail.
TMI... Just, TMI. :glare:

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think today's direct will reveal Shulk Bowser Jr. and DHD. That will be the last starting chars. This direct is directed (pun intended) for Japanese audiences, so they will reveal Japanese fan favs. As for Western audiences, they might do a direct closer to our release date and reveal the fan favs of Western audiences, which is Ridley of course!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think today's direct will reveal Shulk Bowser Jr. and DHD. That will be the last starting chars. This direct is directed (pun intended) for Japanese audiences, so they will reveal Japanese fan favs. As for Western audiences, they might do a direct closer to our release date and reveal the fan favs of Western audiences, which is Ridley of course!
I still disagree, I think they weren't planning on announcing any of the leaked characters prior to release, they purposely put the less hype characters (Shulk and Bowser Jr. ARE hype, but not as much as everyone else) into that build just in case a leak happened, saving the most hyped characters for the last pre-release reveals. That's my theory, anyway. Ridley naturally being one of them.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I imagine they'll have a release trailer for Ridley in the last week leading to the japanese release. This is to really generate at much hype as possible before the cat Ridley is out of the bag. Then a general trailer for the international release to drum up the hype again.

I also wouldn't be supprised if Mewtwo was in that last trailer before the Japanse release, since he and Ridley are imo the most hype generating characters left to reveal. Honerable mention for K. Rool. Shulk is probably this friday's direct.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I still disagree, I think they weren't planning on announcing any of the leaked characters prior to release, they purposely put the less hype characters (Shulk and Bowser Jr. ARE hype, but not as much as everyone else) into that build just in case a leak happened, saving the most hyped characters for the last pre-release reveals. That's my theory, anyway. Ridley naturally being one of them.
Not to mention the negative effect Bowser Jr and DHD could have on the rating of the game. Questionable weaponry and blatant beating of an animal. This also explains the booty/booby pics we got in the album released on Imgur.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I still think they are part of starting roster. Ridley being a locked char.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I'm starting to wonder why these support threads for Ridley are so hype. If Ridley gets confirmed, it'll be a nice surprise to me, but I wouldn't count on it absolutely happening..
And a lot of people in this thread feel differently.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Makes sense. If Nintendo was extremely cautious about the possibility of a hype-inducing character getting leaked, then it's likely that whatever we saw in the leak wasn't final, and that the leaker was given an incomplete build. Even if we don't factor in that possibility, we still know that Ridley is the most teased out of all the non-confirmed characters so far, up there with Mewtwo and maybe even to the extent of Palutena and Dark Pit. No disconfirmed character has been teased so far.

Ridley would of course be kept secret like Mewtwo and the DK newcomer, if the 4chan post made before the Ninka/Vaanrose leak is anything to go by. I'm hoping that this is the case.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
If the whole shenanigans with the Pyrosphere really is just teasing a playable Ridley, then he needs a trailer IMO. Unless they fail at marketing, I can't imagine them completely keeping Ridley a secret only for the Japanese players to find him unlocked days later, completely killing any hype Sakurai was building up and stealing his thunder.

Its just people joking. Ridley would kill anyone who tried to ride on him.
Excuse you, but I would have you know that I have successfully tamed Ridley and keep him in my pen. He can be a bit easily agitated at times when you try to climb on to him but he's a good boy and means no harm. :happysheep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom