• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Isn't that completely counter-productive? It should be the EXACT OPPOSITE. Japan isn't Ridley crazy, so they wouldn't announce him in the Direct. If anything he should be in the Media Event. Now, K. Rool would be a better pick to be announced in the Direct. He's popular worldwide (although even then, because he is popular worldwide it'd probably be best to announce him worldwide at the same time).
im sure nintendo and/or sakurai knows about all the chaos that goes around in the west about ridley, so maybe they would think it would cause less chaos if he was revealed then. idk thats what i think

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
im sure nintendo and/or sakurai knows about all the chaos that goes around in the west about ridley, so maybe they would think it would cause less chaos if he was revealed then. idk thats what i think
Yeah, sorry, but I think they'd WANT people to go crazy over a Ridley announcement. More hype = more sales. Simple enough, really.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
Yeah, sorry, but I think they'd WANT people to go crazy over a Ridley announcement. More hype = more sales. Simple enough, really.
well thats one way to see the message. yes there would be more hype for ridley, but there would also be more hate since there are quite a lot of ridley haters as im sure we all know.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
I just need confirmation of Ridley and Game and Watch. I doubt they will announce him in the direct tomorrow unless it turns out to be in the west too, then i guess it could make since. I just need to know he is in. I hope if (when) he gets announced his move set isn't terrible.

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Now we all want ridley in the direct but what if he's not there?
What I'm saying is we can't get too hyped up or well all could get broken down.So let's do are best to calm down a little bit.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo is holding a closed media event for Smash 3DS with a new (final?) build of the game at PAX. Could we get a Ridley announcement just like we did with Pac-Man at E3? I hope so because August is the perfect month to announce Ridley. :awesome:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
One page late but...

1700 pages. 300 pages to Crashboard 2.0 sequence. Samus has made the halfway mark from escaping thread termination.

Also I forgot to reply to this;

[collapse=Totally Ridley]
[/collapse]

If this character doesn't have Gilbert Gottfried's voice, I'll be highly disappointed.

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
So we have a 3DS direct tomorrow for Japan. If by chance it does have something smash related, Sakurai wouldn't leave the west hanging like that. That's why we're having a closed door conference about smash at PAX. Now that we're having that conference about smash, Sakurai wouldn't leave his country hanging like that, so therefore the Japanese 3DS direct will have something smash related. It goes both ways :b:.

I have no clue why, but if he's revealing certain character to different regions based on their popularity...then we may get a certain someonnnneeee ;)

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
So we have a 3DS direct tomorrow for Japan. If by chance it does have something smash related, Sakurai wouldn't leave the west hanging like that. That's why we're having a closed door conference about smash at PAX. Now that we're having that conference about smash, Sakurai wouldn't leave his country hanging like that, so therefore the Japanese 3DS direct will have something smash related. It goes both ways :b:.

I have no clue why, but if he's revealing certain character to different regions based on their popularity...then we may get a certain someonnnneeee ;)
You do know it coming here to
At 7:00am east
And at 4:00 west

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So wait there having a closed door Smash Bros. thing at PAX? When is this? I don't have my hopes particularly high for a Ridley reveal tomorrow (actually I barely expect a reveal at all, but I'm going to most definitely be watching anyway). But a closed door event in the US? That holds much more potential for something like a new character reveal, specifically a Ridley one. I know I shouldn't expect it, but I'm probably going to anyway.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By the way if nothing tomorrow

I think next week or the week after

Inthink thats a fate because before release it could be the week of character reveals

(But thats way to optimistic.)

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
So wait there having a closed door Smash Bros. thing at PAX? When is this? I don't have my hopes particularly high for a Ridley reveal tomorrow (actually I barely expect a reveal at all, but I'm going to most definitely be watching anyway). But a closed door event in the US? That holds much more potential for something like a new character reveal, specifically a Ridley one. I know I shouldn't expect it, but I'm probably going to anyway.
I just answered that yes

Last edited:

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Oh please, everyone knows that Andrea still hasn't caught me yet. :p

At any rate, to make it official:
Ridley X Isabelle?

^Confirmation that Andrea only hates it when I ship things, I guess. :laugh:
We shall call it "Risabelle".

Also, even if the direct is in japanese only, we can still watch it to see if the Commander is in.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
We shall call it "Risabelle".

Also, even if the direct is in japanese only, we can still watch it to see if the Commander is in.
What site do we go to in order to catch a Japanese Nintendo Direct?

Wait seriously? An english one? The only announcements I saw was for a Japanese one...7AM seems a bit too early for us.
7-AM is when the Japanese one is airing, just adjusted for time zones. @ Blackflamedragon Blackflamedragon was saying we could catch it when it shows up, I think.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
No, we don't. You can't really tell which design exactly is used since that shadow is distorted enough to make it hard to see Ridley's head. But his flying animation is certainly exactly same as in Other M, but not as smooth/fluid/whatever.
If it IS Conceptley, then this game will not be worth buying for me (i have Brawl and Brawl hacks, so, it will be just my first HD/WiiU/3DS game and not must-have game) just like in case there is no playable Ridley.
I'm pretty sure that I saw the wings have a curve in them, and only Concept art Ridley had that curve. And Really? Not worth buying because of the design? We should be happy enough that he is playable, so let's not complain about the design just yet. And besides, the concept design is way better than what we got in Other M. Especially the head.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But Nintendo didn't schedule PAX, they're just going to be there. That just seems purely coincidental.
Well, if Ridley is announced, they'd be the ones who decided to announce him there because its between the US/Japanese releases of Other M. There's all kinds of events and times they could've announce him, it just so happens that one major event they are attending is set at the perfect time. Doesn't necessarily mean much, but it is something interesting.

They didn't have behind closed doors events for Smash Bros. at Gamescom or Comiccon.

... Well i don't know what to say guys, the Titan has fallen, i don't even want you to look at 4chan right now, for everyone's sake.
I don't see anything on 4chan.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Ridley is to be revealed before launch, it will probably be in some independent Smash trailer made to advertise the 3DS game's launch, where he could be revealed alongside other newcomers.

It's practically a given that we have only one more trailer left, so why not go out with a bang?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What are you talking about?
"... Well i don't know what to say guys, the Titan has fallen, i don't even want you to look at 4chan right now, for everyone's sake."

You obviously found SOMETHING Ridley related. Probably turned out to be another fake, though, huh?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The implication is somehow a 4chan leak deconfirms Ridley, but I didn't see anything with a quick glance. I'm not sure what's going on.
See, this leak crap is why I hate them. Can people just let Sakurai handle deconfirmations and stop bringing up stuff from a mostly unreliable source?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
"... Well i don't know what to say guys, the Titan has fallen, i don't even want you to look at 4chan right now, for everyone's sake."

You obviously found SOMETHING Ridley related. Probably turned out to be another fake, though, huh?
... Well you got me, friggin' picture got deleted right away, but it was fake, and i realized too late, now i'll retreat in shame

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
... Well you got me, friggin' picture got deleted right away, but it was fake, and i realized too late, now i'll retreat in shame
...You nearly gave me a heart attack.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
...You nearly gave me a heart attack.
If you seriously believe anything coming off 4chan over the massive pile of evidence we've accrued here FROM THE ACTUAL DEVS, there's a part of me thinking you could use a massive shock to your system right now.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Would you guys be ok with Hades riding Ridley like a FE wyvern rider?
...isn't Hades supposed to be 50 feet tall or something?

Poor Ridley would get crushed under his weight. :c

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
See, this leak crap is why I hate them. Can people just let Sakurai handle deconfirmations and stop bringing up stuff from a mostly unreliable source?
Everyone should follow this advice. ****ING IGNORE 4CHAN! They troll all the time. Legit leaks come up, but VERY rarely. Especially in regards to Ridley.

No, because Hades will not and should not be playable. We've got enough KI representation.

...that should be Isaac instead. :D

...isn't Hades supposed to be 50 feet tall or something?

Poor Ridley would get crushed under his weight. :c
He's a God or whatever, he can change his size at a whim. Same goes for Palutena. Granted, yeah, he COULD crush Ridley if he wanted to.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'd be ok, with it, I guess.

But there are so many characters I'd rather see. Samus and Ridley combo. Robin and Ridley (Dragons of Destruction). Villager and Ridley.

They can face off against a combo of Yoshi + Rider.

Top Bottom