• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If the whole shenanigans with the Pyrosphere really is just teasing a playable Ridley, then he needs a trailer IMO. Unless they fail at marketing, I can't imagine them completely keeping Ridley a secret only for the Japanese players to find him unlocked days later, completely killing any hype Sakurai was building up and stealing his thunder.
I already had a solution to this: Put Ridley on a time delay unlock. The 3DS clock has to tick down a week from the time the game is first booted up before you can begin to unlock him. If you change the clock, it resets the countdown.

Then, a week from the 3DS release, we have the trailer, and he just magically start appearing on everyone's systems.

Not that it will happen that way. He'll be in the final reveal trailer.

Excuse you, but I would have you know that I have successfully tamed Ridley and keep him in my pen. He can be a bit easily agitated at times when you climb on to him but he's a good boy and means no harm. :happysheep:
So if Sakurai comes and says he couldn't add Ridley because he couldn't find him, we know whose fault it is.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If the whole shenanigans with the Pyrosphere really is just teasing a playable Ridley, then he needs a trailer IMO. Unless they fail at marketing, I can't imagine them completely keeping Ridley a secret only for the Japanese players to find him unlocked days later, completely killing any hype Sakurai was building up and stealing his thunder.

Excuse you, but I would have you know that I have successfully tamed Ridley and keep him in my pen. He can be a bit easily agitated at times when you try to climb on to him but he's a good boy and means no harm. :happysheep:
At this moment in time, I think anything that directly confirmed Ridley to be playable would be massively hype-inducing in my book.

I kind of feel as though that Ridley is this game's Wolf and R.O.B. The latter in which most people thought he was disconfirmed because of an implied role (that wasn't playable), only to turn out to be indeed playable, and the former in which his name was thrown around in some leaks before launch and was revealed to be the last confirmed playable character.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I already had a solution to this: Put Ridley on a time delay unlock. The 3DS clock has to tick down a week from the time the game is first booted up before you can begin to unlock him. If you change the clock, it resets the countdown.

Then, a week from the 3DS release, we have the trailer, and he just magically start appearing on everyone's systems.

Not that it will happen that way. He'll be in the final reveal trailer.

So if Sakurai comes and says he couldn't add Ridley because he couldn't find him, we know whose fault it is.
People would still find Ridley by hacking the game. The only way that'd work is if Ridley was a free DLC character.

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
We're going to learn something about Ridley very soon, for better or for worse. I can feel it in me old bones.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Someone would figure out how to hack the game and learn that he's in it.
So someone's going to get the game, spend their first week hacking it instead of playing it, find Ridley, and get enough evidence together to make people believe him when they can't unlock Ridley themselves? I dunno, I think it'd be pretty safe.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So someone's going to get the game, spend their first week hacking it instead of playing it, find Ridley, and get enough evidence together to make people believe him when they can't unlock Ridley themselves? I dunno, I think it'd be pretty safe.
Maybe. But hackers are persistent after all. :p

Last edited:

Ridley1994

Smash Cadet
A hacker wanting to know if Ridley is part of the roster or just to look at the entire roster sounds like incentive to me.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
A hacker wanting to know if Ridley is part of the roster or just to look at the entire roster sounds like incentive to me.
This might be an incentive if they find there are characters they can't easily unlock.

"I've been doing everything in this game. Why isn't All-Star Mode unlocked?!"

That might be incentive to hack it. But within the first week? No, because hacking it would (usually) take longer than just unlocking the characters naturally.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I'm sure Sakurai and his team could find a way to make it balanced so that it is neither unfair for the normal players or boring for the player using the boss. It's not exactly something I would care for. I would much rather have Ridley playable as a character but there's just no way to tell what Sakurai wants until he finally decides to reveal it. Right now I think Ridley has a 65% chance of being a character and a 35% chance of being a playable boss. I am absolutely positive though that he will not be a stage hazard.

Let me tell you one more thing that Ridley has already been a stage hazard on the same stage in Dead or Alive Dimensions; it would be redundant and unprofessional of Sakurai to make him a stage hazard with that in mind.

So detractors mean to tell us that it would be just fine for Ridley to be downgraded to a stage hazard that has already been so in another game? Not even just a stage boss, A SLOW-MOVING PIÑATA WITH WINGS THAT IS MOST LIKELY A SHRIMP ACCORDING TO THE SHADOW ANALYSIS!!

And detractors say that isn't a good enough reason to show our disappointment towards Sakurai with the way he handled this? :facepalm:

hot coffee

Smash Cadet
The POTD should be up any minute/hour now. If Sakurai decides to give us another darn menu it'd better be the freaking character select menu!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I do believe that sooner in the future, either during the direct or at the PAX Secret Briefing, Ridley will be revealed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I do believe that sooner in the future, either during the direct or at the PAX Secret Briefing, Ridley will be revealed.
I find it hard for that to happen unless Sakurai announces anything about it, but who knows? I suppose its possible.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
... Am I the only one annoyed by the Mii's outfit colour? I can see the people creating Hitler Miis now...

So, no Ridley. Also :
The Mii's are smiling in the POTD. Are they smiling about Ridley!?
If they were they would wear purple! Really hot coffee :facepalm:

:troll:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ah, Sakurai just revealed that the Multi Man dudes you are fighting this time around are just the local Villager cult.

Now, let us draw our attention to the direct and closed conference, in the hopes more info about our master will be revealed. Just don't keep us hanging here, Sakurai...

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
View attachment 23387
"If you say so...but I will stay with the most beautiful rose in the Universe...."

^u^ I don't mind RidleyXSamus..but Ridsalina is the shipping I CREATED so....I will stay with it.
Ridley is a player!:grin: No lady can resist the charms of a Space Dragon.....Who should be Ridley's next "lady"?

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
Apologies if this has already been talked about/debunked, but what's going on with this?

I can't find info on it anywhere

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still don't think anyone should expect anything Ridley-related in this, since it'd probably focus on a Japanese audience.

Monolith confirmed our butts were misplaced before
Honestly, I don't think Sakurai would retweet the Direct without Smash being featured in it. Its GOING to be featured, and frankly, I can't imagine anything but a character reveal. But I'd rather be cautiously optimistic...

Apologies if this has already been talked about/debunked, but what's going on with this?

I can't find info on it anywhere
Faked, ignore it, don't repost it again. Especially in this thread.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
We made it to 700 pages today? Wow, congratulations to everyone for not knowing how STFU
Just kidding, I love this thread :happysheep:

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2014/08/29/590-comic-review-super-smash-bros/
Today's Brawl in the Family completely confirms that Matt needs to be added to the Ridley supporter list.
Fiiiiiiiine, I'll add him as an Honorary Member :kirby:

Space Pirates/Ridley supporters:

A
-AcanthusLux
-AEM
-Aenglaan
-AetherEch0s
-Afrodude
-afrozenaer0
-aldelaro5
-ARidley
-AncientTobacco
-andimidna
-AndreaAC
-Angelglory
-Anomilus
-APC99
-AquaDork1
-Arcanir
-ArcticWolf
-Ascended
-A'tal Rekramesh
-AuraShaman

B
-BaganSmashBros
-bananija
-Banjodorf
-Ben Holt
-BerryBomber
-berserker01
-bigbro2233
-BKupa666
-Blackmamba618
-BlindFox
-BlueBubbee
-BluePikmin11
-bobadz
-Body Man
-bombers14
-BowserK.Rool
-Bowserlick
-BoxedCookies
-BravadoMan_13
-Bravetriforcer
-Brawler610
-BrigadeStuart
-BridgesWithTurtles

C
-CalumG
-CamZilla94
-Capt. Butt Stallion
-Captain Soviet
-Catydoll409
-CCD23
-CardiganBoy
-Carolus Rex
-cephalopod17
-Chase
-Chris Baker
-ChronoBound
-CJReynz1492
-Claire Diviner
-Cobalsh
-CombatScouter
-Connery
-Con0rrr
-coolmancool
-Cpt.
-Crainy
-Crocovile
-Cyberguy64
-CyberWolfJV TheGuy07

D
-D-idara
-DakotaBonez
Dalek_Kolt
-Dark Phazon
-darksamus77
-DarkSouls
-ddd87
-DeadlyLampshade
-DekuBoy
-DilowcsNollsnn
-dimensionsword64
-dlbpc
-domokl
-domriver
-Dracandros
-drag0nscythe
-Dragalon
-Dragomire
-DraginHikari
-Drclaw411
-DrizzyDrew
-Dromader
-DustyPumpkin

E
-egaddmario
-Eisendrachen
-El Fonz0
-eltaconojado
-Elite Gaymer
-Ember Reaper
-Empyrean
-Enderman_Aura
-EricTheGamerman
-ErictheLone
-Erimir
-ES. Dinah
-Eskelsen
-Exeggutor

F
-FalKoopa
-False Sense
-Farrac
-Fastblade5035
-Final Smash Gamer
-FinalStarmen
-FireEmblemnier
-FirstBlade
-foolssigma
-FooltheFlames
-Fr3aky Fight3r
-FreeFallUp
-Frostwraith

G
-Gam3rALO
-Game&Watcher
-GAMERG0D
-Garteam
-Gaxel
-Geno Boost
-GiantBreadbug
-Ginamudkipz
-Gingerbread Man
-GiornoGiovanna
-Glaciacott
-Glaqux
-Glyphoscythe
-God Robert's Cousin
-Godzillathewonderdog
-Gohan
-GoldenYuiitusin
-GraveEclipse567
-GreenKirby
-Grimnir
-Groose
-GTA_Hater_331
-Guybrush20X6

H
-Hank Hill
-HarryTheChin
-Headcrab Jackalope
-helmsplitter12
-Hero_42
-Hidan
-Homelessvagrant
-Hotfeet444
-HylianHeroBigBoss
-Hyper_Ridley
-Hyral

-I_hate_usernames
-IAm2Sarcastic4U
-iam8bit
-Iddis
-Igneous42
-IhaveSonar
-Ike the Killer
-iluvnintendo1983
-imabeast78
-Inawordyes
-Irarius
-IsmaR

J
-JavaCroc
-Jakor
-JediLink
-JhMS
-John12346
-Johnknight1

K
-Kalimdori
-Kamiko
-KankerSore
-Keeshu
-KenithTheGatherer
-Kevandre
-Kevinhend
-KidBuuEatsYou
-kikaru
-Kikwi-Kiwi
-KillerCRS
-Kind Dedede
-KingofPhantoms47
-KingShadow
-Kirbizard
-Kirbunny431
-KMAL
-Koopaul
-kylexv

L
-lanky_gunner
-LaniusShrike
-Lasifer
-LaughingLuigi
-Layupfreak
-LazerRage
-legendofrob1
-LEGOfan12
-leprechaunlink727
-Link_enfant
-LiteTheIronMan
_Little-Mac!!
-Lizardon
-LockFelino
-Lolo Lolo
-LoneR.O.B.
-Lord Danongo
-Louie G.
-Lugubrious
-LunarDistortion
-lurxy

M
-MagnesD3
-majora_787
-Malle
-Mang@Tortle
-Mansana
-MargnetMan23
-Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
-Master of Bones
-MasterofMonster
-MasterWarlord
-Meandpikachu
-Mega Bidoof
-Megadoomer
-Megalon72
-Mega Dunsparce
-Megazero64
-MelMoe
-Meta-Kraid
-MewtwoX825
-Mistermagius
-moneyfrenzy
-MonK4
-MorbidAltruism
-Mr. Mumbles
-Mr.Seven
-MischF
-MSmariosonic
-Mypantisgone
-Myuutsufan4832

N
-N3ON
-NastCF
-Ndayday
-Neanderthal
-Neighbor_Kid
-NeoRidley
-Nietona
-NickerBocker
-Nitro21
-Niko Mar
-NinthWonder
-NJ_Gamer
-NK1046
-No Control
-Norm
-Not Rick.
-NukeA6

O
-Oasis_S
-OblivionWolf
-OcarinaOfDoom
-OctiVick
-O D I N
-Olekidsf
-Omega-Smasher
-Onyx Oblivian
-Opossum
-Oracle_Summon
-oxyborb

P
-Pacack
-papagenos
-PerfectChaos9
-Phaazoid
-Phyvo
-Pieman0920
-Pikablu Pikachu
-pikachugamer21
-Pikmin1211
-pizzadudemanguy
-PokéMurio
-Poopmin
-PostmortemMessiah
-ppbto
-ProjectAngel
-Protom
-PSIguy89
-psyniac_123
-PurpleSpaceDragon

Q
-QuickLava

R
-R_Trigger
-R.O.B.
-RaccoonBL
-Radical Beam
-RadRedi
-RavenKingSage
-Reader
-Rebellious Treecko
-Redgohan147
-RegiGiygas117
-Reila
-Relax Alax
-Reznor
-Ridles the Space Pirate
-Ridley_Prime
-Ridley22
-Ridley1994
-Ridleyfighter
-Ridley won't be playable
-RODO
-RomanceDawn
-Rosalina suporter
-RoseyBetch
-Ryan.
-Ryuma

S
-Sabrewulf238
-Sahfarry
-Sazarith
-ScatmansWorld25
-Scoliosis Jones
-schniderx
-SchAlternate
-Sebz
-Sehnsucht
-SethTheMage
-Shaboba
-Shagadelic_Baby
-Shaking//very
-Shaya
-sheik93
-Shiliski
-shinpichu
-Shinru202
-Shorts
-Shotguner159
-shrooby
-Sid-cada
-Sigran101
-silver_blade001
-SinisterLizard
-skaaaa
-Skiwage
-Smash Daddy
-SmasherMaster
-Smashoperatingbuddy123
-SmashShadow
-SmilingMad
-Sobreviviente
-SolarStar
-Soupenomics
-soviet prince
-Spazzy_D
-SS-bros14
-SS-bSeven
-MischF
-Staarih
-StaffofSmashing
-Star-Lord
-Starphoenix
-Steelia
-stevenchina
-Strider_Bond00J
-StupendousMike
-Substitute
-SuperLittleTY
-SuperMasterHand
-Super Omega Meta Ridley X
-SuperSegaSonicSS
-SureNsync
-SvartWolf
-Swampasaur

T
-Taco Cruise
-TaichiYaegashi
-TBone06
-TCRhade
-TCT~Phantom
-TehEpicRyuga
-Terrazi Terrajin
-Tetra's Tracker
-TewnLeenk
-The Black mage
-TheCreator
-The Curious Volnutt
-TheDivineDeity
-T-Hell
-TheBrainJemin
-TheGalaxyKnight
-thethirdkoopa
-TheJohnMonster
-Thekewlusername
-The Legendary Beast
-The Pizza Guy
-The Real Gamer
-TheSqushiestManatee
-The Soulless One
-TheTuninator
-Therminthral
-TheWozny
-Thor_Hammerschlag
-TitanTeaTime
-TKraix
-ToasterBrains
-ToothiestAura
-Toxicroaker
-Tree Cat
-Trigger123
-TrueBlueHero
-TumblrFamous
-Tweezer Salad
-Typs

U
-U-Throw
-UberMadman
-UltimateWario
-Ultinarok
-UnstableBeing

V
-Vann Accessible
-VenomSymbiote
-Venus of the Desert Bloom
-vicgur
-Vintage Creep
-Volodya
-Vyzor

W
-Waluigi
-Waluigi is too big
-Waluridleykryrool
-Wariofan1
-WayfaringElf
-Wegenbarth
-Welshy91
-Wiiner159
-wildvine47
-WingedSnagret

X
-Xenoblaze
-Xenorange
-XenothiumX
-Xhampi
-Xzsmmc

Y
-Yoichi Hiruma
-Yonder
-yosharioIII
-YoshiandToad
-Young Horsetail
-Youngster Joey

Z
-Z1GMA
-ZanZero
-Zawaz132
-Zekersaurus
-Zekrom101
-Zem-raj
-Zero-X
-ZeroJinKui
-Zhadgon
-Zoroarking
-Zuba Oki
-Zynux
-Zzuxon

Numbers
-0ShadowStories
-3Bismyname
-8-bit Man
-8-peacock-8
-88Hex

Other
- ---
- _R@bid_
- 鉄腕アトム
-.Shìkì

Honorary Members
-TriforceBun from BrawlintheFamily

*Last updated 3:00 AM central US time

View attachment 23387
"If you say so...but I will stay with the most beautiful rose in the Universe...."

^u^ I don't mind RidleyXSamus..but Ridsalina is the shipping I CREATED so....I will stay with it.
Now why can't Roidley get Rosalina, and Ridley can stay happy with Sammy? Or Vice versa. I'm not one to judge on who's shipped with whom.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, I don't think Sakurai would retweet the Direct without Smash being featured in it. Its GOING to be featured, and frankly, I can't imagine anything but a character reveal. But I'd rather be cautiously optimistic...
This is the reason Sakurai stated he doesn't want hype, he said that if he tweets something about a game, people think a character from it will be playable, they get hyped, find out said character isn't playable and get mad, a lose-lose situation

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is the reason Sakurai stated he doesn't want hype, he said that if he tweets something about a game, people think a character from it will be playable, they get hyped, find out said character isn't playable and get mad, a lose-lose situation
Its the reason Sakurai said he was avoiding twitter. Which only proves my point; Sakurai is trying to AVOID hyping people unnecessarily. So why would he tweet this 3DS Direct if something Smash related wasn't going to be in it?

You only exactly proved my argument. Still, no one should expect anything Ridley related in this except perhaps a Metroid 3DS announcement.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Its the reason Sakurai said he was avoiding twitter. Which only proves my point; Sakurai is trying to AVOID hyping people unnecessarily. So why would he tweet this 3DS Direct if something Smash related wasn't going to be in it?

You only exactly proved my argument. Still, no one should expect anything Ridley related in this except perhaps a Metroid 3DS announcement.
3DS Metroid won't happen unless we see a VERY early build, and I'm going to expect nothing, but I'm still watching the direct

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
3DS Metroid won't happen unless we see a VERY early build, and I'm going to expect nothing, but I'm still watching the direct
Not necessarily. At E3 Reggie implied they weren't currently in development of Metroid, but it doesn't mean anything. Implications =/= confirmation. Its incredibly possible they have been working on Metroid and just weren't ready to announce it. I don't expect anything either, though.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Not necessarily. At E3 Reggie implied they weren't currently in development of Metroid, but it doesn't mean anything. Implications =/= confirmation. Its incredibly possible they have been working on Metroid and just weren't ready to announce it. I don't expect anything either, though.
When was that implied?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When was that implied?
Reggie stated they had "plans" for Metroid, not that they were working on anything. Naturally, they could've been working on Metroid games and he just didn't want to say anything until they were ready to announce it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So then. 2 hours or so until the Direct. Have I missed anything as I slept?
I thought it was three hours. The only thing is that Sakurai retweeted the announcement, but I still doubt we'd see Ridley or anything. MAYBE a Metroid 3DS announcement, so it'd still be nice to keep an eye on it for that.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
And to add to your comment, Smash Bros. wasn't even in development when it was announced. So Nintendo might confirmed new games, one being like you said, a new Metroid game. Personally I'm not certain about that, but who knows?

Top Bottom