• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Eh, no need to "avoid" it :awesome: its just a panel near the end when Sammy gets back to her ship and takes a shower.
I seriously hate this kind of s**t and i am too young for that. That is why i hate 90% of my class/classmates. It is not main reason why, but it is close. Why can't NSFW stuff be just something too violent?..
Then i will avoid last panels/chapters/whatever.
I heard PAX might be revealing something smash related? Let's hope it reveals Ridley!

:laugh:
Credit to @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros for this gif.

Was it officialy confirmed or it is just information from teh internetz? If later one, then be careful since hype thrusters maybe cause some unpleasant collision with a wall made of explosive Sakurai substitutions.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Was it officialy confirmed or it is just information from teh internetz? If later one, then be careful since hype thrusters maybe cause some unpleasant collision with a wall made of explosive Sakurai substitutions.
Wasn't officially confirmed, but I do believe it's confirmed a smash conference will be held then. Let me go search it up...

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Wasn't officially confirmed, but I do believe it's confirmed a smash conference will be held then. Let me go search it up...
I've heard there will be a press conference at PAX, but I haven't read anything regarding Smash.

We'll probably have to wait until we see Ridley... Not too much, I hope.

Malle

Smash Apprentice
So what time is this direct for GMT+1?
I won't say its impossible to expect something Smash Related, I guess we'll see tomorrow in the Potd!

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Can't see the direct having new smash info, it would be worldwide if that was the case. Maybe they will release an english version of only the smash trailer.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
*Metal Gear Solid alert sound* Someone say shower!?
TMI. Just TMI.

Anyways, hearing a Japan-only direct is assured, if any character(s) are getting revealed, my bets on Shulk and Mewtwo. For what a heard, Mewtwo is by far the most wanted character and it seems perfect to reveal them together in a trailer. (Ironicly, Greninja was accompanied by Charizard, a veteran. They could do the same with Mewtwo, who's also a Pokemon. :smirk:)

If PAX is really doing something Smash and from what I heard is WESTERN based;

Ridley is coming. :troll:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I've heard there will be a press conference at PAX, but I haven't read anything regarding Smash.

I HOPE the press conference has Ridley revealed. While yes I would prefer a Nintendo Direct reveal, let's be honest the only one we are getting is the japanese 3ds direct, and that is a terrible place to reveal him. PAX on the other hand makes more sense since it's in america (where most of the Ridley support is), Smash fans tend to attend pax more than any other convention, people need something to be hyped about since most have lost hype because of the video leak, and so on.

It just seems like a wasted opportunity if he isn't revealed.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I HOPE the press conference has Ridley revealed. While yes I would prefer a Nintendo Direct reveal, let's be honest the only one we are getting is the japanese 3ds direct, and that is a terrible place to reveal him. PAX on the other hand makes more sense since it's in america (where most of the Ridley support is), Smash fans tend to attend pax more than any other convention, people need something to be hyped about since most have lost hype because of the video leak, and so on.

It just seems like a wasted opportunity if he isn't revealed.
It's a closed conference, if I remember correctly. They did the same back at E3 and we got Pac-Man out of it, so maybe we'll get something tomorrow. We'll have to wait.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Do you mean this?
PAX.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127455146&postcount=4800

So what time is this direct for GMT+1?
I won't say its impossible to expect something Smash Related, I guess we'll see tomorrow in the Potd!
I think it's about 12pm BST(GMT+1) but I could be wrong, I remember someone posting the Direct would be 23 hours after the time his post was made on reddit, so did some maths to get that time (amusing they were right)

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
That's a....very interesting take on Weavel's backstory, explains the bisection. Except Weavel is confirmed male, and not Samus's sister. And even if she suddenly is her sister you don't just go and throw them both in a fight with the idea that a bit of exposition at the beginning justifies it. Also Sylux take that damn coat off.
do you know where to see it translated? i remember seeing it once years ago, but it was japanese... I always found interesting the Idea of a female human weavel. didn't knew she was samus sister? DX (send me a pm if you don't want to poast it)

So I come back home and IS THAT A NEW DIRECT TOMORROW!?

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THIS MEANS!?

Ridley is western Hype, expect something more aimed towards japanese audience, such as Shulk, with Ness (don't they have teh link of pshychic powers?) Best case scenario, Mewtwo revelead (also psychic powers) which besides being AMAZING, would also help Ridley chances showing the leak wasn't full roster. (and mewtwo is worldwide hype, including japan)
View attachment 23314
Since I'm not completely sure hoe to color it and fix it....I will leave it as a semi-rough sketch for now....It was a good practice at least....
Why color it? can always keep it like a pure drawing, and don't understimate drawing with withe... it's amazing :0

Man I LOVE Prime concept art...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Do you mean this?
View attachment 23335

I think it's about 12pm BST(GMT+1) but I could be wrong, I remember someone posting the Direct would be 23 hours after the time his post was made on reddit, so did some maths to get that time (amusing they were right)
well, now this is interesting, a uncorfirmed and unleaked character reveal would up the hype over overused memes, And Shulk could still be revealed a couple of days before japanese release date.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
do you know where to see it translated? i remember seeing it once years ago, but it was japanese... I always found interesting the Idea of a female human weavel. didn't knew she was samus sister? DX (send me a pm if you don't want to poast it)

Ridley is western Hype, expect something more aimed towards japanese audience, such as Shulk, with Ness (don't they have teh link of pshychic powers?) Best case scenario, Mewtwo revelead (also psychic powers) which besides being AMAZING, would also help Ridley chances showing the leak wasn't full roster. (and mewtwo is worldwide hype, including japan)

Why color it? can always keep it like a pure drawing, and don't understimate drawing with withe... it's amazing :0

Man I LOVE Prime concept art...
DAT ASS.

But seriously, can someone come up with the direct's time in Central Time. Too lazy to do it mehself.

That's awseom that you used my picture. Thanks!
Wait, you did that? I wondered who did this. One of my personal favorites. :awesome:

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
http://www.metroid-database.com/manga/?vid=21&cid=72
I already forgot whether she was really her sister or just pretends or something.

Do you mean this?
View attachment 23335

Hmmm. Maybe a character will get the Pacman treatment? Of course, hopes are on Ridley but not too many. Gotta remain frugal with those hopes.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
DAT ***.

But seriously, can someone come up with the direct's time in Central Time. Too lazy to do it mehself.
6 AM. No way I'm making that, so if its got anything Smash-related in it I'll find out after I wake up. I doubt it'll have anything Ridley related, though. There's going to be a behind closed doors presentation at PAX. If Ridley is announced, I'd bet on it being there or in a Smash Direct.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So... PAX is pretty big, right?
There could be something. There was something back at e3 behind closed doors *cough*whichshould'vebeenatthetounament*cough* so there could be something here. I imagine that a newcomer people here in the west are familiar with would be revealed there.... Something that's been a popular request for years, who'll send waves throughout the community. It'll be HUGE.
Duck Hunt Dog confirmed :troll:
No but seriously, hoping for Ridley but not expecting much

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I already forgot whether she was really her sister or just pretends or something.
Oh my, dat fan service. :smirk:

6 AM. No way I'm making that, so if its got anything Smash-related in it I'll find out after I wake up. I doubt it'll have anything Ridley related, though. There's going to be a behind closed doors presentation at PAX. If Ridley is announced, I'd bet on it being there or in a Smash Direct.
Thanks for the info. With my screwed sleeping pattern, I'll be up for it for sure.

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
i made my own shadow analysis look

ridley omgg.jpg
Ridley shadow stuffz.jpg

Blue Mega man shadow
Green Bowser Shadow
The one on platform is bowser when he stands there

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Had alittle discussion on reddit about Ridleys designs, might aswell copy it here:

The thing about the Brawl design is, it looks great, but only (AND ONLY) if looked at from a very specific angle and if he is posed in a very, very specific way (basically his boss pose). Otherwise, one will quickly notice that the proportions are all off and his head is just basically a total mess.

But my main problem with his Brawl design is... it makes Ridley look dim witted: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080812163552/metroid/de/images/a/ab/Ridley2.jpg

The eyes and the tounge, aswell as the comical teeth just make him look brainless. It doesnt represent his character well at all. For me, Ridley´s zero mission design is the perfect example of what Ridley is supposed to be: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...on.jpg/619px-Raidley_Metroid_Zero_Mission.jpg

Look at those eyes. That slight smirk he seems to have. There is something happening there. Yes, Ridley is a beast, but he isnt mindless. Its canon that he is a very very intelligent beeing. I think your model captures this aspect of him reasonably well

(the model in question: http://i.imgur.com/rFoJLki.jpg)

Besides, alot of people say his Brawl design is his Super Metroid design but.. that isnt really true, is it? It looks pretty close to Super Metroids promotional art design, but his ingame sprite looked nothing like that: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070823194955/metroid/images/6/63/Metroid_ridley.jpg

Again, Super Metroids ingame sprite is actually alot closer to what Zero Mission did later on.
I think that an organic version of Prime 1's Meta Ridley would be the most ideal design.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Smash is confirmed for 2014.

We passed January 1 2014 already so I make the surprising conclusion that...

WE ARE IN 2014!!!

If smash is confirmed to be released on 2014...

Then it means that...

I GOT IT!

Ridley is going to be revealed in 2014 and no other year :troll:
Oh maaan. I'm going to be so hyped!!! Do you think they will announce a new Super Smash Bros in 2014? It's been a while since the last!

I think that an organic version of Prime 1's Meta Ridley would be the most ideal design.
I've mentioned it before, but it irks me how the skin of Metaley's head is different from Brawley's. I mean, its implied that one became the other, right?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Smash is confirmed for 2014.

We passed January 1 2014 already so I make the surprising conclusion that...

WE ARE IN 2014!!!

If smash is confirmed to be released on 2014...

Then it means that...

I GOT IT!

Ridley is going to be revealed in 2014 and no other year :troll:
Mad detective skills you got there. I'm honestly impressed. How did you reach that conclusion? Whoa.

I think I've never said anything about which Ridley is my favorite. I think the one from Zero Mission is the most badass of them all.

I mean...

...look at those eyes, those wings, that everything.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh maaan. I'm going to be so hyped!!! Do you think they will announce a new Super Smash Bros in 2014? It's been a while since the last!

I've mentioned it before, but it irks me how the skin of Metaley's head is different from Brawley's. I mean, its implied that one became the other, right?
Super Smash Bros. Melee 2 for WiiUS and 4DS, coming 2014. :troll:

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
You know it'd be great if the closed door thing showed something not in the leaks, but what if it does? Like, what if Nintendo shows things off as if nothing happened? If they had specific things planned to show during certain days or events, they may just stick to it.

I mean I WANT to see things that weren't in the leak, like an insanely hype Ridley trailer, but it doesn't mean we will. Though with how they've handled Ridley if he's playable I would bet money on him having a reveal trailer.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Story time <3.

One time me and friend Maria were talking about Beyblade. We didn't talk about Ridley because he's not from Beyblade lol. Suddenly, when we were in the middle of our conversation, Maria had to leave! It was dinnertime that's why. So yeah..

The end <3

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You know it'd be great if the closed door thing showed something not in the leaks, but what if it does? Like, what if Nintendo shows things off as if nothing happened? If they had specific things planned to show during certain days or events, they may just stick to it.

I mean I WANT to see things that weren't in the leak, like an insanely hype Ridley trailer, but it doesn't mean we will. Though with how they've handled Ridley if he's playable I would bet money on him having a reveal trailer.
What if it will show nothing related to SSB4 and instead all of that is prepared for reveal in a SSB4 direct few days before japanese release? Hyrule Warriors had something like that, so, it is possible.

Also, why does Sylux lacks his arm in that part of the manga? Did Ridley ripped it off or what?

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Story time <3.

One time me and friend Maria were talking about Beyblade. We didn't talk about Ridley because he's not from Beyblade lol. Suddenly, when we were in the middle of our conversation, Maria had to leave! It was dinnertime that's why. So yeah..

The end <3
Needs more ninjas. But otherwise a solid read.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman

That's what I'm expecting. But It would still be nice to see one of the leaked character's trailers.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Needs more ninjas. But otherwise a solid read.
Space ninjas!

I'd love to see an unnanounced character. That would make people realize that we still have a few surprises left. Showing DHD, Bowser Jr. or Shulk would be just like "See? There's nothing left!"

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I'm still leaning on Conceptly being the final design for Ridley in smash bros., and I do think it best suits him for being playable.
Also, since Samus and Zero Suit Samus are based on their Other M designs and Pyrosphere (which I think is Ridley's home stage) is from Other M, they are going to use something from Other M for Ridley.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Pff, thats not even mildly NSFW at best you can say it have a "chun li" style scene(SF II MOVIE), but probably is even less revealing. and nah, not her sister, just was using it as a way to call samus and being annoying at the same time.

While i'm still behind the idea of a human redhead weavel on space pirate armor... this comic weavel was pretty derp. I think I prefer the offical weavel more :c. Regarding Sylux, i also imagine himself more prone to very complex and cunning plans that keep direct confrntation to a minium. was a bit too much of the "science guy", but that could be an interesting facet of the character, if it is along the "hunter" facet.

But Samus in that fanfic was pretty good and Ridley was flawless, oh, and the artstyle is amazing :0 (even with teh missing page XD)

Top Bottom