• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
If we get any Smash news in the direct we will get the juicy character trailer anyway to watch anyway, even if it wont be translated :smirk:. Ridley's day is soon at hand!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

This design is my favourite Ridley design, even if it is not official one. Needs to be in Metroid or even SSB4. You can complain only about his giant wings. Everything else is perfect. Except for maybe lack of that 4th finger on back side of his feet.
My only gripe with that design is not the fact that the wings are too big, but that they are improperly shaded. I only just now managed to see the wing curves, the inside really should be darker.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
If its Japan only , I'm calling #NoReveal on this one. But there is still the possibility that the reason they have this direct in Japan is because they are gonna reveal something at PAX, so the "western" audience gets that stuff there and japan through a direct. My 2 cents.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
What time is this big nintendo kahoona closed conference thingie?

I really want a character livestream monday btw.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
My only gripe with that design is not the fact that the wings are too big, but that they are improperly shaded. I only just now managed to see the wing curves, the inside really should be darker.
I agree with that, but it is author's fault and should not be considered part of the design.
If its Japan only , I'm calling #NoReveal on this one. But there is still the possibility that the reason they have this direct in Japan is because they are gonna reveal something at PAX, so the "western" audience gets that stuff there and japan through a direct. My 2 cents.
But there is only 2-3 weeks before SSB4 3DS release in Japan, and since they had Little Mac reveal too and it wasn't exclusive to America only...i won't expect too much from it however.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What time is this big nintendo kahoona closed conference thingie?

I really want a character livestream monday btw.
[任天堂]明日8月29日(金)20:00から「Nintendo 3DS Direct 2014.8.29」を録画放送します。#NintendoDirectJP http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20140829/index.html

Source - https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/504948327532617728
Here it is...i guess...It will be at 20:00.
EDIT: OH S**T! DOUBLE POST! PLEASE, FIX THAT!

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Question to all those who played Metroid Prime:
Does Ridley fight Sylux at any time during the Prime series?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
if its 3ds focused then im not sure for a ridley reveal. most character reveals are wii u gameplay...unless the direct includes wii u footage
Then f*** it. We have to wait for 2-3 weeks without any info...just great...
Question to all those who played Metroid Prime:
Does Ridley fight Sylux at any time during the Prime series?
Nope. I never played MP games, but Ridley didn't appeared in MPH to fight Sylux, who appeared only in MPH. So, that fight could not happen. He would most likely win since Sylux's weapon has short range while Ridley is strong, durable/resistant/whatever, fast and mobile.

I found this:

It is called "Come and get it". Sounds fitting considering what happened after that and why.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
I'm sure NoA will come out and say something bout a direct soon, maybe a smash or general on monday. (maybea newocmer trailer for other m's anniversary) PLEASE SACK OF RICE.
Well there's no sign of Nintendo UK advertising the direct on Twitter or other sites, at this point I'll take any sort of reveal for Ridley (pref tease trailer), the tension is eating away at me.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Here's something that bothers me about detractors. There's evidence both for and against Ridley. Yes sakurai implied he was a boss, but people have come up with a huge amount of evidence that he may still be playable. Supporters (at least the ones I know) understand that detractors have decent evidence on their side. If you take developers at face value, common sense dictates Ridley is a stage boss. we don't call them stupid or delusional for thinking that. However, when we tell them our evidence, most of them seem to ignore it, tell us we're delusional, and stick to repeating their one piece of evidence. Only then do we call them delusional or stupid, because they are ignoring us and calling us stupid because we don't agree with them on a bit of speculation. Then the general smash fanbase decides that Ridley fans are the most obnoxious and aggresive fanbase. No, we just have the most ignorant detractors. Oh well. All this will be over in a couple weeks, for better or for worse. I personally think it will be for better, and that we Ridley supporters should take the high road and resist rubbing it in people's faces to prove the people who think our fanbase is too aggresive wrong.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Why would they have a behind closed doors thing at PAX? Has that happened before regarding Smash that never turned out to have a character reveal? When is it exactly, anyway?

Is it possible that they'd reveal Ridley behind closed doors at PAX and then post information about him a day or so later? Blaaaah the closer we get to the JP release the antsier I get.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Why would they have a behind closed doors thing at PAX? Has that happened before regarding Smash that never turned out to have a character reveal? When is it exactly, anyway?

Is it possible that they'd reveal Ridley behind closed doors at PAX and then post information about him a day or so later? Blaaaah the closer we get to the JP release the antsier I get.
Was Pac-Man's reveal not a behind closed doors thing? My memory's spotted so I may be wrong.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Nope. I never played MP games, but Ridley didn't appeared in MPH to fight Sylux, who appeared only in MPH. So, that fight could not happen. He would most likely win since Sylux's weapon has short range while Ridley is strong, durable/resistant/whatever, fast and mobile.

I found this:

It is called "Come and get it". Sounds fitting considering what happened after that and why.
He looks so pleased with it. Ridley just didn't want to be alone, having a pet around always works wonders.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
Hm....Is it possible that Sylux is a friend (or an associate) of Ridley?
It is possible since both hate the Galactic Federation and Samus equally and show no mercy aganist their common enemies.

Reason for hating the Galactic Federation
Sylux has been someway "hurt" by the Galactic Federation in the past....similarly, Ridley has been made a survivor of a mass-genocide launched by the Galactic Federation.

Reason for hating Samus
Samus is an associate of the Galactic Federation, which makes her also an enemy of Sylux.....and the fact that Samus mutilated Ridley and the injured dragon had to undergo painful surgery and procedures to stand up once again....as a cyborg.
Sylux probably searched for a way to restore Ridley's original form and have their revenge on Samus....HENCE, why Sylux searched for the "ultimate power" in the events of Metroid Prime Hunters.

Probably in a timeframe after the events of Metroid Prime III and before the beginning of Super Metroid, Sylux suceeds in restoring Ridley to his original form.......That could explain why Ridley was in full flesh in Super Metroid....
Ridley probably asked Sylux to back off Samus, as she was his to finish....Sylux understands Ridley's request and leaves Ridley to fight Samus alone and get his revenge.

This is all conjecture....but all good ideas start with conjectures;).

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice

I found this:

THIS IS MY JAR OF GREEN OZE! THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONES MINE!

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
So which do you all think Is more Likely A Ridley Reveal? Japanese Direct or PAX Closed Doors. Do either of them fall on a Metroid Anniversary?

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
PAX closed doors is more likely imo, but I dont think either are super likely to have Ridley reveals.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
It is possible since both hate the Galactic Federation and Samus equally and show no mercy aganist their common enemies.

Sylux has been someway "hurt" by the Galactic Federation in the past....similarly, Ridley has been made a survivor of a mass-genocide launched by the Galactic Federation.

Reason for hating Samus
Samus is an associate of the Galactic Federation, which makes her also an enemy of Sylux.....and the fact that Samus mutilated Ridley and the injured dragon had to undergo painful surgery and procedures to stand up once again....as a cyborg.
Sylux probably searched for a way to restore Ridley's original form and have their revenge on Samus....HENCE, why Sylux searched for the "ultimate power" in the events of Metroid Prime Hunters.

Probably in a timeframe after the events of Metroid Prime III and before the beginning of Super Metroid, Sylux suceeds in restoring Ridley to his original form.......That could explain why Ridley was in full flesh in Super Metroid

Everything regarding Sylux's history and motives is conjecture. Officially, s/he's nothing but a terrorist in a stolen GalFed prototype suit, with a grudge against GalFed in general and Samus in specific. :glare:

And Ridley's known to regenerate with ingested biomass, no further input necessary. That's why our Commander was more organic as Omega Ridley than his previous appearance in the same game, and presumably how he survived the finale of Corruption... by eating everything around him.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Reason for hating Samus

Probably in a timeframe after the events of Metroid Prime III and before the beginning of Super Metroid, Sylux suceeds in restoring Ridley to his original form.......That could explain why Ridley was in full flesh in Super Metroid....
Ridley probably asked Sylux to back off Samus, as she was his to finish....Sylux understands Ridley's request and leaves Ridley to fight Samus alone and get his revenge.

sc_pirates_english_16.jpg

Nah...Ridley is WAY MORE awesome than Sylux....

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Everything regarding Sylux's history and motives is conjecture. Officially, s/he's nothing but a terrorist in a stolen GalFed prototype suit, with a grudge against GalFed in general and Samus in specific. :glare:

And Ridley's known to regenerate with ingested biomass, no further input necessary. That's why our Commander was more organic as Omega Ridley than his previous appearance in the same game, and presumably how he survived the finale of Corruption... by eating everything around him.
Little question: Is your name supposed to be plural?

Another cool Ridley design, that most people probably know already: http://www.freewebs.com/undergod4ever/photos/Public Samus Pictures/Ridley.jpg

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

I haven't played much of Metroid Prime...but didn't OMEGA Ridley disappear in a flash of light when defeated by Samus?
Either he disintegrated into a power-up or....
Ridley used elite NINJA Techniques to escape in a lightscreen....leaving a power-up as a distraction
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC : Can you draw Ninja Ridley?:awesome:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I haven't played much of Metroid Prime...but didn't OMEGA Ridley disappear in a flash of light when defeated by Samus?
Either he disintegrated into a power-up or....
Ridley used elite NINJA Techniques to escape in a lightscreen....leaving a power-up as a distraction
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC : Can you draw Ninja Ridley?:awesome:
Fine. I WILL DO IT. GIVE ME TIME. OK?

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
First of all, where is this from?
Secondly, I agree.
Third, why the hell is he wearing a coat over his power suit?
Its a fanfic where Weavel its a naive and suicidal girl created by Sylux to kill Samus, also there is a NSFW part, so Im not linking it. Its fine IMO.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Little question: Is your name supposed to be plural?
It is possible that I may have hit a wrong key when typing it out. It is likely that I simply had a two-headed Meta Ridley on the mind at the time. It's also possible that I'm not quite as versed with German as I like to think I am.

It's also likely this is completely off-topic. :p

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Its a fanfic where Weavel its a naive and suicidal girl created by Sylux to kill Samus, also there is a NSFW part, so Im not linking it. Its fine IMO.
That's a....very interesting take on Weavel's backstory, explains the bisection. Except Weavel is confirmed male, and not Samus's sister. And even if she suddenly is her sister you don't just go and throw them both in a fight with the idea that a bit of exposition at the beginning justifies it. Also Sylux take that damn coat off.

Top Bottom