• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I sincerely hope you are wrong. Later releases of games would be terrible for the company. This person who leaked this deserves to be sued. He felt as though he could make people happy or get money from this so he did it. He leaked it so then he could make a profit... this is what i think cause why else would he leak it?:dizzy:
I wasn't referring to this game specifically. I should have specifically clarified it as "future unannounced games". But yes I sure hope I'm wrong, cause any game delayed just causes frustration. I'm sure this event won't impact the release of Smash on Wii U or 3DS. Like you said it wold be terrible for the company since they need to sell the systems... even more reason to add Ridley imo even if the leak about Ridley being playable is real. Quite sad, still hoping Sakurai overcomes this frustrating time and still puts on a good show for us.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
So, yeah I was just watching a playthrough at Five Night's at Freddy's and thought about what some sort of Ridley animatronic would be like. But then again, it'd be too big to fit in the building.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Y'all, please quit bringing up the leak. I don't want to get locked again.

HAIL RIDLEY
HAIL SPLASH ART
HAIL TO THE PIRATE KING
Let him be confirmed soon.
Amen

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I may be a bit late but add me to the list!
You just can't give up hope until the game's release. That's all I'm saying.
*Journey starts playing*
♪Don't stop... believing!!!!!♫

Space Pirate Army/Ridley Supporters:
TitanTeaTime
Zawaz132
Glaqux
AuraShaman
Strider_Bond00J
Hidan
darksamus77
Shiliski
SuperSegaSonicSS

Anyone who wants to be added can just copy the list and continue it, you know ;]
It would help so that nobody is missed.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
A bounty hunter team up of Samus (you), Captain Falcon, and ??? vs a giant Ridley (on a large stage). Even tho your working together, YOU must KO Ridley as Samus to win or the others get the bounty!
Wolf for the final bounty hunter, if he's back :)

Marx the Jester

Smash Cadet
Oh god, what happened while I was gone? It's like a nuke hit the place. Whatever, Ridley is still king. Or Commander or something.

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
Guys....someone is really mad at Mr. MotherF***ingLeaker.....

Says he lied about Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Mach Rider and Impa.....

Warning: There are some swear words, this guy is really really mad at him for costing someone their job.

https://i.4cdn.org/v/1409047937792.png

Don't let this stop us. There is still a big chance of Ridley being one of the secret characters.
Stop bringing up the leak, it only makes Smash fans more hostile.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, back to Ridley. Who do you guys think the Pyrosphere boss should be if Ridley is playable? I'd say Meta Ridley.
That makes too much sense. That way, we've still got the shadow shown, and Ridley can be playable. Or go ahead and pull a Toon Link by having Ridley be the boss unless you play as him, at which point Meta takes over as boss (Or Alfonzo, but that could look weird hysterical)

But to the 'leaks' which try to discredit Ridley, I'll paraphrase what I said in the Mewtwo thread: Honestly, I think it's really poor form for Sakurai to not include the most requested characters in the game. Trolling him for over a year only to reveal nothing is not cool, and that may actually affect sales. EVERY other stage hazard was mentioned by name or shown soon afterwards, if not the same day as the stage reveal. Why not this one? For trolling? Is a spot of fun by making fans agonize really going to help sales? Ridley is very highly requested, and has been hinted at for over a year with no explicit mention. If he is cut, I'd really want to go up to Sakurai and ask why. Why do you want to dissuade people from buying your product?

Last edited:
Stop bringing up the leak, it only makes Smash fans more hostile.
If it involves Ridley then I think we ought to know what's happening with it.

In case you missed what I posted before, I only bring up the leak if it involves Ridley otherwise their would be no point bringing it up here. Seeing how these people are a part of a real leak I think we better not ignore it when it mentions Ridley.

Edit: If you guys would like me to stop then tell me right now to stop because I will, if what I'm doing is going to shut this thread down then I will of course stop posting about the leak, I only wanted to let you guys know about the Ridley parts.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Wolf for the final bounty hunter, if he's back :)
Yeah, that was my original intention based off the bounty hunter event from Brawl, but I wasent sure on his return. Guess we will find out.

As for an idea where you play AS Ridley, something involving planetary domination would be cool. Perhaps 3 1-on-1 matches where the stage changes based on the opponents homeworld. VS Kirby in Green Greens (Pop Star), VS Fox on the Great Fox (Corneria), and VS Rosalina on Mario Galaxy (Whatever its gonna be called)

AbioFlesh

Smash Lord
If it involves Ridley then I think we ought to know what's happening with it.

In case you missed what I posted before, I only bring up the leak if it involves Ridley otherwise their would be no point bringing it up here. Seeing how these people are a part of a real leak I think we better not ignore it when it mentions Ridley.
If that's the case you're pretty late with that, it was said to be fake a while ago. Other than that there is nothing more from the leak that has anything to do with Ridley.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I don't know if I'd be angry if Ridley was left out, but I'd be overhyped if he was in. It would make the whole roster for me. I wouldn't even care if Mewtwo didn't make it so long as Ridley does.

As for Event Matches, one where you play as Ridley against Samus on Pyrosphere would be cool. There could also be a "Dragon Slayer" event where a player-selected character faces off against Bowser, Charizard and Rids.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The old 4chan one wasn't confirmed fake, though. It's the one that predicts DHD jr shulk, as well as dixie mewtwo ridley and chorus men.

That was up before the ninka leak got any attention, too. Doesn't necessarily have any credibility, but it's worth a little hope I think.

The old 4chan one wasn't confirmed fake, though. It's the one that predicts DHD jr shulk, as well as dixie mewtwo ridley and chorus men.

That was up before the ninka leak got any attention, too. Doesn't necessarily have any credibility, but it's worth a little hope I think.
Ok then, I agree, I think those characters are pretty likely.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Another Event Match Idea would carry on from the Giant beast events from Melee and Brawl where DK, Bowser and Charizard ended up being giant. Add in Ridley and decide which one is the dominant beast. Or it could be a 2 on 2 between DK and Bowser against Charizard and Ridley. We'd need a new city stage though seeing as we had Fourside and New Pork City. Look at that. They're both from the Mother series.

On another note someone told me Ridley wasn't a main antagonist in the Metroid series.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ok then, I agree, I think those characters are pretty likely.
Well, I'd like to hope so. But imo it's kinda unlikely we're getting another 4 secret newcomers after the 3 we already have coming. I'd feel much better about that leak is we get another character revealed before the game comes out.

Brawl only had 4 secret newcomers, and one was toon link, so kinda a remake of YL.

With Sm4sh so far we have 3 confirmed newcomers not on the site, who may all be secret. 4 more just seems crazy. It's quite hard to judge the legitimacy of these things.

But the fact that he got the 3 secrets we know about spot on is something, at least. He coulda gotten a really really lucky guess ("gematsu is fake guys"), easily thrown the other 4 on to **** with us, or, or, Ridley is playable.

Hoping for that last option xD

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
I know it may sound stupid, because he doesnt appear in OTHER M, but I have thought about Kraid. Why?

-He made it in Melee as "stage hazzard" as well, with his own unique design by Sakurai
-He is "From Samus Past" as he was in the original game and Super Metroid
-People were sad about him not making it into Prime series (He was even designed), maybe Sakurai makes it that way

Plus Ridley-Kraid relationship as the duo bosses is pretty much iconic for being the classic bad guys with Mother Brain, I think it would work/everybody would be pleased

Edit: Oh well I didnt say it, but this is refering to the "If not Ridley, who could be the stage hazzard"

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I know it may sound stupid, because he doesnt appear in OTHER M, but I have thought about Kraid. Why?

-He made it in Melee as "stage hazzard" as well, with his own unique design by Sakurai
-He is "From Samus Past" as he was in the original game and Super Metroid
-People were sad about him not making it into Prime series (He was even designed), maybe Sakurai makes it that way

Plus Ridley-Kraid relationship as the duo bosses is pretty much iconic for being the classic bad guys with Mother Brain, I think it would work/everybody would be pleased

Edit: Oh well I didnt say it, but this is refering to the "If not Ridley, who could be the stage hazzard"
Kraid was confirmed by a Nintendo rep to be a Smash Run boss, though. I mean, he could still be a boss on Pyrosphere, but I don't know.

It would be pretty cool, as he's probably the second most memorable enemy on the Metroid series, Ridley being the first one.

Well, I'd like to hope so. But imo it's kinda unlikely we're getting another 4 secret newcomers after the 3 we already have coming. I'd feel much better about that leak is we get another character revealed before the game comes out.

Brawl only had 4 secret newcomers, and one was toon link, so kinda a remake of YL.

With Sm4sh so far we have 3 confirmed newcomers not on the site, who may all be secret. 4 more just seems crazy. It's quite hard to judge the legitimacy of these things.

But the fact that he got the 3 secrets we know about spot on is something, at least. He coulda gotten a really really lucky guess ("gematsu is fake guys"), easily thrown the other 4 on to **** with us, or, or, Ridley is playable.

Hoping for that last option xD
Ok so...

Brawl had 18 newcomers if you count Pokemon Trainer as 3 fighters (which Sakurai does) and Zero Suit Samus.

:metaknight::zerosuitsamus::pit::olimar::charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::snake::sonic::ike::wolf::wario::lucario::lucas::rob::toonlink::dedede::diddy:
Right now we have 13 newcomers (including the Mii Fighters individually) on the site, 17 if we include the leaked newcomers. I don't see anything wrong with this game having just a little more than Brawl.
:4villager::4wiifit::4megaman::4littlemac::4greninja::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::4mii::4lucina::rosalina:, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Bowser Jr, Dark Pit.

So say we have Dixie, Ridley and Mewtwo as the secret characters this time (like Wolf, R.O.B. and Toon Link were in Brawl).

That would push us up to 19 newcomers. If Chorus Men are also in then that would push it up to 20 which would only be two more newcomer than Brawl had.

That doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ok so...

Brawl had 18 newcomers if you count Pokemon Trainer as 3 fighters (which Sakurai does) and Zero Suit Samus.

:metaknight::zerosuitsamus::pit::olimar::charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::snake::sonic::ike::wolf::wario::lucario::lucas::rob::toonlink::dedede::diddy:
Right now we have 13 newcomers (including the Mii Fighters individually) on the site, 16 if we include the leaked newcomers. I don't see anything wrong with this game having just a little more than Brawl.
:4villager::4wiifit::4megaman::4littlemac::4greninja::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::4mii::4lucina::rosalina:, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Bowser Jr.

So say we have Dixie, Ridley and Mewtwo as the secret characters this time (like Wolf, R.O.B. and Toon Link were in Brawl).

That would push us up to 18 newcomers same as brawl. If Chorus Men are also in then that would push it up to 19 which would only be one more newcomer than Brawl had.

That's assuming DHD jr and shulk aren't secret though. Right now it's more like dhd/jr/shulk = rob/wolf/lucario/TL. I could see that, but Ridley/Dixie/Chorus/Mew2/DHD/jr/shulk = Rob/Wolf/Lucario/TL is a bit more of a stretch to me. That's why I'm saying I'd feel better if any new characters (especially Ridley xD) were revealed before the game's release, because it would make the sm4sh list of hiddens smaller.

Yet again, "The Opposite of a Lack of Common Sense." You play as Little Mac. Your opponent is a Giant (or Team of) Ridley. :teeth:
Or

Air Superiority:
You play as Ridley against an army of tiny little macs xD

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ridley's getting a trailer.
I can feel it.
It would generate too much hype not to announce before release
DHD and all them on the other hand? They can stay secret.
Ridley is getting a trailler. You heard it from me first.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Ridley's getting a trailer.
I can feel it.
It would generate too much hype not to announce before release
DHD and all them on the other hand? They can stay secret.
Ridley is getting a trailler. You heard it from me first.
Not giving Ridley a trailer would be just plain dumb. Same goes for Mewtwo and K. Rool.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm pretty sure that even secret characters will get trailers. I'd be very surprised if Ridley is a secret newcomer and doesn't get a trailer, guys. Even if he's not announced before released. If he's (or any other character for that matter) playable, I'm betting he gets a trailer.

little little macs? :troll:
How about an event with Ridley vs. Ganondorf?
Kings of evil: Ridley/Ganondorf/Bowser vs whichever character you choose.

Last edited:
That's assuming DHD jr and shulk aren't secret though. Right now it's more like dhd/jr/shulk = rob/wolf/lucario/TL. I could see that, but Ridley/Dixie/Chorus/Mew2/DHD/jr/shulk = Rob/Wolf/Lucario/TL is a bit more of a stretch to me. That's why I'm saying I'd feel better if any new characters (especially Ridley xD) were revealed before the game's release, because it would make the sm4sh list of hiddens smaller.
Ok that could also make sense! XD

Just thought I'd share my little theory! :)

It will be very interesting if we see if any of the leaked newcomers get announced. But I'm still banking on a Ridley reveal trailer happening, he's just way too popular and requested to not get one.

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Ok so...

Right now we have 13 newcomers (including the Mii Fighters individually) on the site, 16 if we include the leaked newcomers. I don't see anything wrong with this game having just a little more than Brawl.
:4villager::4wiifit::4megaman::4littlemac::4greninja::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::4mii::4lucina::rosalina:, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, Bowser Jr.

That would push us up to 18 newcomers same as brawl. If Chorus Men are also in then that would push it up to 19 which would only be one more newcomer than Brawl had.

I would take out Lucina because she wasn't planned. Same for Dark Pit if you counted him but it doesn't look like you did.

Or you should at least differentiate between the planned and unplanned newcomers to get a better guess at how many could be left.

Also I'm confident in Ridley by this point. If he isn't I would be suprised and disappointed unless by some stroke of magic I got Hyrule Warriors Impa.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ok that could also make sense! XD

Just thought I'd share my little theory! :)

It will be very interesting if we see either of the leaked newcomers get announced. But I'm still banking on a Ridley reveal trailer happening, he's just way too popular and requested to not get one.
It's a good theory. When we know so much of the roster, I think this kind of speculation can be a good way to approximate the final roster size, and in turn, if specific characters have room to get it (of course in this case Ridley)

I agree though, if Ridley is playable, he will get a trailer. I think all playable newcomers will. I just hope we get another announcement before launch

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Well worded response. I wasn't aware of that.
Fingers crossed you're right.
Although it's been a couple days since, so you would think they'd have unlocked everything by now. :facepalm:
I'd expect it take alittle less than a month, if the leaker takes his time with it. I mean c'mon, this is a leaker who likes to play with out heart strings with his rude language.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'd expect it take alittle less than a month, if the leaker takes his time with it. I mean c'mon, this is a leaker who likes to play with out heart strings with his rude language.
The only person we can get anything from is Sakurai at this point.
The leaker got fired.

Question: Why are we even discussing Leaks in the Ridley thread? We know he is practically confirmed, all we can do is wait.
I don't want to get locked again.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I'd be less salty if Ridley wouldn't make it now that DHD is in. Same for K. Rool..

Still... The possibility Ridley's playable is so highhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Apparently that guy is not the owner of the game. It's most likely the rumored Nintendo employee.

Someone involved got super mad at TheMotherF***ingLeaker, posting info about him: https://i.4cdn.org/v/1409047937792.png

That person is mentioning him costing someone their job so it's seems logical to think that person is the Nintendo of America employee from the rumor.

The only person we can get anything from is Sakurai at this point.
The leaker got fired.

Question: Why are we even discussing Leaks in the Ridley thread? We know he is practically confirmed, all we can do is wait.
I don't want to get locked again.
Because sometimes it mentions Ridley, but you're right let's forget about the leaks, I don't want this thread to be locked.

I think we should change the topic...

Perhaps one of these:

Who do you think will be the Pyrosphere boss instead of Ridley?

What do you think Ridley's taunts will be?

Do you think Ridley will get an alt costume or will he just have palette swaps?

Top Bottom