• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Well with Asborean, it attacks by sliding around along the ground, trying to ram into Samus, shooting smaller Asborean Spawns that home in clusters, and by getting up onto its hind legs and trying to headbutt or swipe. I can't really see it fare well on Pyrosphere to be honest. Rhedogian on the other hand is more promising. According to the wiki, it can "fire a spray of homing missiles, use its arms to propel itself around or sweep them against enemies, have the ability of flight, can ram enemies and can charge and fire a massive Zero Laser-like weapon from a singular eye. It is also capable of grabbing foes to slam them into the floor. Sometimes it will suck in a vortex of air before firing the beam". The ability of flight, it's not just Ridley that has this ability, another Pyrosphere boss does as well. What's more interesting, during a cutscene with Samus and Anthony Higgs, the Rhedogian that they encountered escapes by jumping into the lava, so technically we have three bosses that can interact with lava and allow Ridley to be a playable character and not a boss on Pyrosphere. I can't see retro bosses (Crocomire, Phantoon, Nightmare, etc) get in, but I wouldn't say it's impossible.
Actually it could be even easier.
Remember how Anthonny Higgs survived his fall in Other M?

There are Magdollites in the lava at the bottom of the Geothermal Power Plant.
Magdollite for boss.

If ridley is implemened...dont you think there will e some issues with his size?.

If we take in consideration canon, he would be like 3 times the size of current bowser. H obvs will not be that big...but then he will look awkward being the same size as bowser or DDD

Please read the second post.

Last edited:
These chars are also present in the confirmed Ninka leak.
Or is it the Ninka leak itself? lol

Ridley!
Ninka told us on the leak thread that he/she was not informed about Mewtwo, Ridley and Dixie being in the game.

I just wanna throw this out there. The quoted part of this post is all my info. However I never mentioned anything about ridely mewtwo and dixie, so that person could possibly just be adding on to my leak.

I have though heard talks of more characters possibky being in as the guy who leaked the video has a copy of the game and admits that all star mode is still locked, something that makes no sense If he had the entire roster unlocked.
http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-168

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Exhibit A:
This is the OP of the Ninka Leak. Notice this date - July 28th. This is the date the Ninka leak caught on.

Exhibit B:
This is a list of characters in the upcoming smash games that haven't been revealed yet. Notice the date - July 27th.

Exhibit B claims a few of characters that are in the Ninka leak + a few that aren't. The two that specifically caught my eye were DHD and Bowser Jr. I don't think many people anticipated around that time that DHD and Bowseer Jr. were going to be in the game.

Because this leak came out before Ninka's leak became gospel, and because three of its characters (including the oddball DHD) correlates with Ninka's, I'm going to assume its true. Because Ninka wasn't told about Ridley and the other marginalized newcomers, I'm going to assume Exhibit B was posted on 4chan by a source that is different than Ninka's source.

I think Ridley the core leak of all of this is actually a combination of this 4chan leak and Ninka's leak. I think the MFing leaker is lying about the remaining characters but actually guessed three of the characters right (Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie).

Last edited:

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
I hope this is true but I have doubts. A lot of it could just be lucky guesses. There isn't any mention of Dr Mario or dark pit, or the kind of details that confirm ninka

Imo guessing this Dog is almost impossible.

Or was there a discussion before about the dog? (here on the forum or anywhere else)
I for one, barely knew that this thing exists. How popular is it?

This might give the leak (concerning Ridley) more credibility.

edit: Oh, so yeah some even suggested the Dog for ssb4 already. lol
However, doesnt mean to0 much, there are tons of requested chars and the DHD thread has only 26 sites. And it was startet in June 2012...

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If ridley is implemened...dont you think there will e some issues with his size?.

If we take in consideration canon, he would be like 3 times the size of current bowser. H obvs will not be that big...but then he will look awkward being the same size as bowser or DDD

This.
Also, the Ridley shown in the trailer seems to have a different wing design, being less "long".

Well with Asborean, it attacks by sliding around along the ground, trying to ram into Samus, shooting smaller Asborean Spawns that home in clusters, and by getting up onto its hind legs and trying to headbutt or swipe. I can't really see it fare well on Pyrosphere to be honest. Rhedogian on the other hand is more promising. According to the wiki, it can "fire a spray of homing missiles, use its arms to propel itself around or sweep them against enemies, have the ability of flight, can ram enemies and can charge and fire a massive Zero Laser-like weapon from a singular eye. It is also capable of grabbing foes to slam them into the floor. Sometimes it will suck in a vortex of air before firing the beam". The ability of flight, it's not just Ridley that has this ability, another Pyrosphere boss does as well. What's more interesting, during a cutscene with Samus and Anthony Higgs, the Rhedogian that they encountered escapes by jumping into the lava, so technically we have three bosses that can interact with lava and allow Ridley to be a playable character and not a boss on Pyrosphere. I can't see retro bosses (Crocomire, Phantoon, Nightmare, etc) get in, but I wouldn't say it's impossible.
I'd love to see Nightmare get in as a boss. Buffs would be more justified with that guy too. His gravity generator starts fluxing and everyone but the winner is has trouble jumping due to increased gravity or something.
But at the moment, Rhedogian seems to be the most likely.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Warning Received

Imo guessing this Dog is almost impossible.

Or was there a discussion before about the dog? (here on the forum or anywhere else)
I for one, barely knew that this thing exists. How popular is it?

This might give the leak (concerning Ridley) more credibility.

edit: Oh, so yeah some even suggested the Dog for ssb4 already. lol
However, doesnt mean to0 much, there are tons of requested chars and the DHD thread has only 26 sites. And it was startet in June 2012...
I think I know why he was added.
Duck hunt dog is a retro character, and Sakurai loves retro games (hints why we have Ice Climbers, G&W, etc.). I think that's why Duck hunt dog is in.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I think I know why he was added.
Duck hunt dog is a retro character, and Sakurai loves retro games (hints why we have Ice Climbers, G&W, etc.). I think that's why Duck hunt dog is in.
Please, back to Ridley, the mods already theatened with a permanent closure! :/

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Oh, right, um, Ridley for smash! :laugh:
Ok seriously though, have we ran out of Ridley stuff to talk about?
There is never enough posts, stuff or pictures about Ridley, we can keep this forever.

For example, do you pref Ridley spitting fire balls like in classic games or going more for breathing like in the 3D games? (He also uses balls in the 3D, but he never breathed fire in metroidvania) in smash?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Saw Ridley mentioned in connection with Pyrosphere for a trailer idea. Guys, NO. If Ridley gets a trailer now, he CANNOT be shown on ANY Metroid stages in it! That'll just start the "he's a boss" arguments all over again, whether someone pops up later to confirm it properly or not! :cry:

For example, do you pref Ridley spitting fire balls like in classic games or going more for breathing like in the 3D games? (He also uses balls in the 3D, but he never breathed fire in metroidvania) in smash?
They're both fine. Fireballs for neutral special, flames for pummel? Fireball for default neutral special, continuous flames for custom? All good. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
There is never enough posts, stuff or pictures about Ridley, we can keep this forever.

His default neutral B should be him breathing fire, then a custom should be him spitting out a fire ball.
Saw Ridley mentioned in connection with Pyrosphere for a trailer idea. Guys, NO. If Ridley gets a trailer now, he CANNOT be shown on ANY Metroid stages in it! That'll just start the "he's a boss" arguments all over again, whether someone pops up later to confirm it properly or not! :cry:
If someone says 'He's boss because he was shown on a Metroid stage.', tell them to stop being stupid and go to school :laugh: .
Seriously though, in the trailer it should show him on various stages, but start on Pyrosphere. If someone says he's still a boss then, well, I'll either consider them a troll or have some concerns from them and tell them to go to school. :laugh:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I dunno, if there was a trailer for Ridley on Pyrosphere, and it had the splash art thing where it says something like Ridley: something something, and Ridley is added to the dojo, I think it'd be pretty hard to contest that he's playable :p

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
I dunno, if there was a trailer for Ridley on Pyrosphere, and it had the splash art thing where it says something like Ridley: something something, and Ridley is added to the dojo, I think it'd be pretty hard to contest that he's playable :p
If he is playable he will appear in the character page at smashbros.com, and the trailer will clarify that easily. Plus, unless he says "RIDLEY IS NOT PLAYABLE, he is a boss/hazzard/whatever like he has done with waluigi, skull kid, etc, he wont be diconfirmed"

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
Source?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Uh, COMMON FETHING SENSE?

At this point, if Ridley is given a trailer - and he MUST, lest we be accused of hacking him in upon unlocking him after release - he needs to be confirmed playable beyond ANY RATIONAL DOUBT. That means NO Metroid stages, NO Assist Trophies, and NO other new Metroid characters shown. This eliminates any possible footing for arguments for him being a stage hazard, AT or Final Smash. Then, IN ADDITION to this, the trailer should be immediately followed by a PotD confirming that yes, he is in fact playable, thus eliminating ANY possible argument that Sakurai's just having us on. :evil:

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So, any new news on our space dragon? The PotD told me nothing new.
Nothing yet.
But there is this rumored special announcement by Nintendo tomorrow at 6:00 AM PST that Gamexplain mentioned:
1. This is NOT the Pokemon thing. That was yesterday, this video was uploaded today.
2. I'm pretty sure this isn't confirmed yet, so take it as a grain if salt.
3. If this is true, let's hope it reveals Ridley! (And another character or two!)

Nothing yet.
But there is this rumored special announcement by Nintendo tomorrow at 6:00 AM PST that Gamexplain mentioned:
1. This is NOT the Pokemon thing. That was yesterday, this video was uploaded today.
3. If this is true, let's hope it reveals Ridley! (And another character or two!)
I thought this was uploaded yesterday?

It was the Pokemon thing because they described it as "shocking" which is how Nintendo described it too.

For some reason Gamespot have uploaded it a day late.

Last edited:

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Nothing yet.
The announcement probably doesn't have anything to do with smash bros.

Top Bottom