• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Pyrosphere does seem to be designed for a boss in a way. Very large and open, loads of room. Is there a potential boss (other than Ridley) that could properly utilize this room?

Mildly off topic. The leaker who gave us that information, also had made the fake Palutena leak and lied about DLC just to mess with us. This could very well be the same, him just messing with us. He doesn't need to know the roster in order to make claims about it.
If lava plays any part on the stage, then either Goyagma or Vorash could potentially be a boss there, since both of them love lava. In Other M, Goyagma "attempts to grab [Samus] and drag her into the lava to kill her", the lava which actually rises during the battle. However, Goyagma is a very large boss, so it would need to be scaled down (which is no problem for Super Smash Bros.). Vorash on the other hand is a smaller boss that leaps out of the lava in attempt to eat Samus. An enemy eating a character in Super Smash Bros. is possible, given that fish on the Ice Climbers' stage (SSBB) and Balloon Fighter stage (SSB3DS) appears and insta-kills fighters that fall in and don't escape fast enough. There's a gap between the platforms on the Pyrosphere stage, so Vorash can leap in that gap.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes. The only characters to get such a treatment were Snake and Sonic, because hiding them before release would have been idiotic.

But Ridley's just a first-party Nintendo character, so I'm thinking that he'll be treated the same way as Ganondorf and Wolf were in the past games.
Oh no then explain the the luigi reveal picture sakurai said

We have never revealed luigi outside but why not its year of luigi afterall. This = special case (revealed for year of luigi)

And lucario

Sakurai said lucario would have never ben in smash bros brawl if it weren't for the teamwork. This = special case (brawl anniversary)

So nope we can't determine which ones are unlockable or not.

Oh one more on the lucina trailer coindentally that trailer was aired on the f-zero anniversary so thats why captain falcon was in it.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how Bowser Jr. as a pretty unique moveset, do you think Sakurai will go "all out" in terms of Ridley's moveset? Like what if one of his specials is the bouncy fireballs from metroid, or he has like a pogo tail attack? Or is sakurai gonna keep it pretty "usual", not really surprising.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Originally, I had been sure Ridley would be a hidden character if playable, not announced until after the game came out.

Seeing all the hype other characters generated, however, I was slowly convinced over time that Ridley would be unveiled before release as a secret final weapon

But now that we're so close to release and no word on any more newcomer trailers, I'm starting to go back to my old way of thinking, Ridley will be secret if he's in.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
So Ridley being in really depends on if we can trust this guy.... great....:glare:
No, There is still more characters on the css, Someone looking for attention saying Ridley is playable is not the only chance we have. At this point the only characters with a good chance are Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, and Chorus Kids because of the leaks and the evidence we have seems to be pointing to them, unless Sakurai surprises us, which is also very possible.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
If Ridley were to be both a boss and playable, eh ?
If this happen I think that it's not that impossible to get Super Metroid Ridley as the playable character, after all Pacman was added in his most iconic appearance, so why not Ridley ? If this happen you wouldn't even have to replace boss Roidley as he look more than different enough of Super Metroid Ridley to possibly mistake one for the other unlike Spirit track Toon link who just look like regular Toon link with different clothes which could cause confusion with all the alt costumes in this game.

I'm on the "Roidley is playable and there is no boss" team, tough.

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
Considering how much Sakurai's been teasing the Kalos Pokemon League stage lately without spilling the full details of it, or even mentioning it by name...I'm not exactly confident for Ridley's chances anymore. To me it's no different than how he's been teasing Pyrosphere this whole time and not saying a peep about it beyond what's been shown.

So yeah...I'd love nothing more than to be pleasantly suprised, but I'm done holding my breath. >w<

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
So Ridley being in really depends on if we can trust this guy.... great....:glare:
Not really. Just because he said something doesn't mean Ridley's chances suddenly change.

If lava plays any part on the stage, then either Goyagma or Vorash could potentially be a boss there, since both of them love lava. In Other M, Goyagma "attempts to grab [Samus] and drag her into the lava to kill her", the lava which actually rises during the battle. However, Goyagma is a very large boss, so it would need to be scaled down (which is no problem for Super Smash Bros.). Vorash on the other hand is a smaller boss that leaps out of the lava in attempt to eat Samus. An enemy eating a character in Super Smash Bros. is possible, given that fish on the Ice Climbers' stage (SSBB) and Balloon Fighter stage (SSB3DS) appears and insta-kills fighters that fall in and don't escape fast enough. There's a gap between the platforms on the Pyrosphere stage, so Vorash can leap in that gap.
There were two others, right? Rhedogian and something something I don't know. How would they fare?
Is there also the possibility of an older enemy appearing as a boss?

Seeing as how Bowser Jr. as a pretty unique moveset, do you think Sakurai will go "all out" in terms of Ridley's moveset? Like what if one of his specials is the bouncy fireballs from metroid, or he has like a pogo tail attack? Or is sakurai gonna keep it pretty "usual", not really surprising.
Ridley itself already is a surprise. Why not add more to that? To be honest, nobody really knows but I have no doubt that Sakurai can do his moveset justice.
That or he becomes suffers Ganondorf's fate and becomes Falconley.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
I for one wouldnt be all that upset even if he was semi charizard clone. Charizards moves fit Ridley on a basic level.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well, Ridley had been stated to be confirmed by the leaker yesterday. Keep in mind that no visual information on the subject had ever been leaked (due to Nintendo's interference).

With that said nothing has really changed as Ridley's role is still ambiguous.

[collapse=Offtopic]Also Impa, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo has also been claimed to be confirmed.[/collapse]
Oh hey, that sounds pretty rad

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Originally, I had been sure Ridley would be a hidden character if playable, not announced until after the game came out.

Seeing all the hype other characters generated, however, I was slowly convinced over time that Ridley would be unveiled before release as a secret final weapon

But now that we're so close to release and no word on any more newcomer trailers, I'm starting to go back to my old way of thinking, Ridley will be secret if he's in.
You gotta save the best for last. I always thought Ridley would be one of the secrets shown after release.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I for one wouldnt be all that upset even if he was semi charizard clone. Charizards moves fit Ridley on a basic level.
At least he'd have a new set of animations and not the horrible rigging he gets from the Brawl hacks, he would be a "Lucas". The problem would be that he'd become stuck with that moveset like poor Ganondork.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
At least he'd have a new set of animations and not the horrible rigging he gets from the Brawl hacks, he would be a "Lucas". The problem would be that he'd become stuck with that moveset like poor Ganondork.
Like they did with Ganondorf in Brawl: Similar moves, different animations. It would be alot better than no Ridley at all.

Also, I dont think that Ridley will be a clone, Im just saying it wouldnt be a huge issue for me, even if it would be abit disappointing.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Question: if Ridley is playable then who do you think will be the boss of pyrosphere?
If there is one, it could probably be Rhedogian or Vorash.

Or maybe Phantoon, because I would adore to see him in Smash as a boss.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I kind of assumed most of the remaining new characters will be secret after E3 2014. That's why I saw Robin as such a pleasant surprise.

Though it would be really cool if Ridley did get a trailer. But I'd be more than content if he was actually playable. Still, I've got other new characters to use.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
There were two others, right? Rhedogian and something something I don't know. How would they fare?
Is there also the possibility of an older enemy appearing as a boss?
Well with Asborean, it attacks by sliding around along the ground, trying to ram into Samus, shooting smaller Asborean Spawns that home in clusters, and by getting up onto its hind legs and trying to headbutt or swipe. I can't really see it fare well on Pyrosphere to be honest. Rhedogian on the other hand is more promising. According to the wiki, it can "fire a spray of homing missiles, use its arms to propel itself around or sweep them against enemies, have the ability of flight, can ram enemies and can charge and fire a massive Zero Laser-like weapon from a singular eye. It is also capable of grabbing foes to slam them into the floor. Sometimes it will suck in a vortex of air before firing the beam". The ability of flight, it's not just Ridley that has this ability, another Pyrosphere boss does as well. What's more interesting, during a cutscene with Samus and Anthony Higgs, the Rhedogian that they encountered escapes by jumping into the lava, so technically we have three bosses that can interact with lava and allow Ridley to be a playable character and not a boss on Pyrosphere. I can't see retro bosses (Crocomire, Phantoon, Nightmare, etc) get in, but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Last edited:

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Only that the leak apparantly has Ridley, Dixie and RH thing
Well the guy who said that (All-star) also posted a fake picture of the Chorus Kids, so i don't think we should take what he says as true, but the guy who posted the leaked roster also said that there are some missing characters (he also posted the picture of the All-star mode and it was locked, and having in mind that in the previews games, the All-star mode was unlocked when all characters were unlocked, we could say that is true that the leaked roster is missing some characters) so lets wait and see what happens :D

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Young Dr. Pink Golden Dark Toon Ridley Jr. confirmed
Damn. I was hoping for Ultimate Rush Adapter Symbiotic Light Paper Dr. Dark Meta Fire Phazon Mega Toon Kaioken Ridley X Jr 2099. Maybe he'll get in as DLC.

Sorry I was gone, did I miss any important Ridley talk while I was gone? :p
Eh, there was one of the leaks that mentioned him. But other than that, not much has happened with Ridley in Smash. Here's to hoping he's playable.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
We will live to see our glorious space dragon take off from his confines as a boss and soar as a playable character in all his glory.

Something something if this is true we win after 15 years
OOOOOOHHHH you meant that leak. Ok then. I thought something else came out for a minute!

Just give me Ridley and Mewtwo and I'll be happy.

These leaks are what give me hope that we are getting at least Ridley, Mewtwo and Dixie since those three keep appearing with Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk and Bowser Jr.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
If ridley is implemened...dont you think there will e some issues with his size?.

If we take in consideration canon, he would be like 3 times the size of current bowser. H obvs will not be that big...but then he will look awkward being the same size as bowser or DDD

Last edited:
Top Bottom