• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Uh, all-stars was locked. Characters are missing from the roster, so reality can go on a holiday. Ridley still has a chance.
Well worded response. I wasn't aware of that.
Fingers crossed you're right.
Although it's been a couple days since, so you would think they'd have unlocked everything by now. :facepalm:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Yup like people have said, that might not be the entire roster.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well worded response. I wasn't aware of that.
Fingers crossed you're right.
Although it's been a couple days since, so you would think they'd have unlocked everything by now. :facepalm:
Keep in mind that it was just footage, as in they didn't actually have a 3DS and a cartridge. The ESBR doesn't actually play games, they just watch footage of it and then write reports about it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Uh, all-stars was locked. Characters are missing from the roster, so reality can go on a holiday. Ridley still has a chance.
I keep hearing about this locked All-Star mode picture, but I haven't seen it anywhere. Do you know where I could find it? That is a rather important detail for Ridley, isn't it?

Last edited:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Somehow it look like we just entered an alternate dimension, Dark Pit and Ridley aren't seen as disconfirmed by most people, the returning melee veteran is Dr Mario, Dixie Kong seems to be in before K Rool, Bowser Jr use his mechas instead of his paintbrush (my past 2011 self would be dying from hype, I called this), Impa is possible along Sheik and Shulk looks like a clone.

What is happening ? @.@
What's happening is we have a genius (well, maybe not all of the time)and unpredictable troll whose name is Masahiro Sakurai working on the game :awesome:

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Sometiems I dont get people.

So, Sakurai hints/teases/plays with us making us believing Ridley is a boss instead of playable without confirming one thing or the other and we are all sure that he will be playable for an entire year.

Then some random guy makes a leak and you GET CRAZY and sad saying he may not make it? He has the same chances he has always had xDD.

As for myself? I always thought he would be in it, if he makes it at least nobody will ve able to say "You only believed when the leak", I will smack that person in the face if dares to say me that xD

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sometiems I dont get people.

So, Sakurai hints/teases/plays with us making us believing Ridley is a boss instead of playable without confirming one thing or the other and we are all sure that he will be playable for an entire year.

Then some random guy makes a leak and you GET CRAZY and sad saying he may not make it? He has the same chances he has always had xDD.

As for myself? I always thought he would be in it, if he makes it at least nobody will ve able to say "You only believed when the leak", I will smack that person in the face if dares to say me that xD
we are only human, but we are all convinced he is either 100% or VERY likely

Just posted by Ninka on the leak thread:

I just wanna throw this out there. The quoted part of this post is all my info. However I never mentioned anything about ridely mewtwo and dixie, so that person could possibly just be adding on to my leak.

I have though heard talks of more characters possibky being in as the guy who leaked the video has a copy of the game and admits that all star mode is still locked, something that makes no sense If he had the entire roster unlocked.
Regarding this:
:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
If it's fake, that's great news because it means K. Rool still has a chance. It's bad news too because Ridley isn't confirmed.

I keep getting my hopes up then they go right back down. Ah well, not gonna throw in the towel yet. I'll ride this out til the bitter end.
It's not over yet. He said that there is probably more characters and Ridley, Mewtwo and Dixie have come up a lot of times with Bowser Jr, Shulk and Duck Hunt Dog in leaks.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's not fake per say. The original post was this:

>Dixie
>Shulk
>Chorus Men
>Ridley
>Bowser Jr
>Mewtwo
>Duck Hunt Dog

No info on reveal dates. Please do not ask

I do not know more.

That maybe all. Was not told
And was posted after the Ninka leak, but before it had any credibility, aka when it was considered one amongst thousands of fake leaks. So again, either a mean guess, someone decided to **** with us, or it's legit.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Its good that Ridley's chances hasn't change in the slightest, as his role is still ambiguous. But please, reframe from mentioning the leaks, especially if it has nothing to do with Ridley. I really don't want this place locked. It happened once. Next time, it stays locked.

Its good that Ridley's chances hasn't change in the slightest, as his role is still ambiguous. But please, reframe from mentioning the leaks, especially if it has nothing to do with Ridley. I really don't want this place locked. It happened once. Next time, it stays locked.
I understand but this was about Ridley's chances.

I'm confused...are we not allowed to post about leaks that involve Ridley? Especially when it involves a leak that is coming true? I understand that it can be considered off topic when it doesn't involve Ridley but when it does is it really off topic?

I apologize in advance if I did something wrong.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I understand but this was about Ridley's chances.

I'm confused...are we not allowed to post about leaks that involve Ridley? Especially when it involves a leak that is coming true? I understand that it can be considered off topic when it doesn't involve Ridley but when it does is it really off topic?

I apologize in advance if I did something wrong.
Alright. I'd listen this up time if we want this thread to last what little time we have left.

The next time I have to resort to this, it won't be a temp lock.

This thread is for discussing Ridley- and only Ridley- and his chances to still be/not be playable. NO LEAK DISCUSSION THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ABOVE.
Failure to adhere to this blah blah blah don't be ****heads
Well I guess we could talk about it as long as it stays about Ridley. So yeah, carry on.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Assuming the leak (and the 4chan post made before Ninka's credibility came to light) is real, could this mean that we're not going to see Ridley until the 3DS game's launch in Japan?

Because the only unlockable newcomers that were ever revealed before the games' releases so far were third-party characters. I'm hesitant to believe at this point that Ridley will be an easy to unlock character if the leaker was unable to reveal him along with the other characters (again, assuming he's actually in there).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Assuming the leak (and the 4chan post made before Ninka's credibility came to light) is real, could this mean that we're not going to see Ridley until the 3DS game's launch in Japan?

Because the only unlockable newcomers that were ever revealed before the games' releases so far were third-party characters. I'm hesitant to believe at this point that Ridley will be an easy to unlock character if the leaker was unable to reveal him along with the other characters (again, assuming he's actually in there).
wait what? All before released newcomers for brawl were starters?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
wait what? All before released newcomers for brawl were starters?
Yes. The only characters to get such a treatment were Snake and Sonic, because hiding them before release would have been idiotic.

But Ridley's just a first-party Nintendo character, so I'm thinking that he'll be treated the same way as Ganondorf and Wolf were in the past games.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Only three weeks till release and sakurai is showing **** with his lame ass potd. I'm glad everything gets leaked. Taste of his own medicine.

I mean really? So many unconfirmed leaked characters and NO newcommer in ages... When is he going to show something off? He finna try keeping dhd, shulk, bowser jr, dark pit, dr mario secret or is he going to show them off on the last day?

And than there is this Ridley bull****. This 'hype' thing is decreasing by the day. I'm not getting hyped for dust. Just show the goddamn character already cuz the hype build up aint working. It's building up hate and arguments by the day.

Smash4 marketing is the worst I've ever been through yo. Thank God pokken fighters got announced today.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well Happy Anniversary, we got nothing Ridley related
If I wasn't convinced before I'm convinced now.
The Pic of the Day is telling us to Treasure our Ridley
Right Okay, I'll go camping and see you next tuesday
RIGHT, Okay what has happened since I posted this
I know I posted a few times, but that w-fi was 10 kinds of horrid an those were honestly lucky breaks I waited hours for.

So news, RIdley News, News news, Gimmie

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Yes. The only characters to get such a treatment were Snake and Sonic, because hiding them before release would have been idiotic.

But Ridley's just a first-party Nintendo character, so I'm thinking that he'll be treated the same way as Ganondorf and Wolf were in the past games.
I know that im not alone with this, but for me Ridleys inclusion as a playable character will decide wether I will get Smash 4 or not.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Question: if Ridley is playable then who do you think will be the boss of pyrosphere?
Either Asborean, Goyagma, Rhedogian, or Vorash, since the stage is named Pyrosphere (basically Other M's Sector 3) rather than Geothermal Power Plant (which is where the stage is based on, and where you fight Ridley), so elements from the entire sector can still be featured in the stage. Or better yet, Pyrosphere to get no boss, and it was a massive troll. Doing what a 3rd party developer did and make Ridley a hazard again is just plain lazy.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Double Post
Alright I know I've posted like twice since I said

RIGHT, Okay what has happened since I posted this
I know I posted a few times, but that w-fi was 10 kinds of horrid an those were honestly lucky breaks I waited hours for.

So news, RIdley News, News news, Gimmie
Well, Ridley had been stated to be confirmed by the leaker yesterday. Keep in mind that no visual information on the subject had ever been leaked (due to Nintendo's interference).

With that said nothing has really changed as Ridley's role is still ambiguous.

[collapse=Offtopic]Also Impa, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo has also been claimed to be confirmed.[/collapse]

Question: if Ridley is playable then who do you think will be the boss of pyrosphere?
I still think Ridley not being a boss means there is none. Instead, its just the rising lava gimmick again. Three Metroid stages did it before, so why not again.

Oh darn it, I double posted. I thought I hit the edit button. Sorry, I still haven't recovered from yesterday completely.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Either Asborean, Goyagma, Rhedogian, or Vorash, since the stage is named Pyrosphere (basically Other M's Sector 3) rather than Geothermal Power Plant (which is where the stage is based on, and where you fight Ridley), so elements from the entire sector can still be featured in the stage. Or better yet, Pyrosphere to get no boss, and it was a massive troll. Doing what a 3rd party developer did and make Ridley a hazard again is just plain lazy.
Pyrosphere does seem to be designed for a boss in a way. Very large and open, loads of room. Is there a potential boss (other than Ridley) that could properly utilize this room?

Well, Ridley had been stated to be confirmed by the leaker yesterday. Keep in mind that no visual information on the subject had ever been leaked (due to Nintendo's interference).

With that said nothing has really changed as Ridley's role is still ambiguous.

[collapse=Offtopic]Also Impa, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo has also been claimed to be confirmed.[/collapse]
Mildly off topic. The leaker who gave us that information, also had made the fake Palutena leak and lied about DLC just to mess with us. This could very well be the same, him just messing with us. He doesn't need to know the roster in order to make claims about it.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
Pyrosphere does seem to be designed for a boss in a way. Very large and open, loads of room. Is there a potential boss (other than Ridley) that could properly utilize this room?

Mildly off topic. The leaker who gave us that information, also had made the fake Palutena leak and lied about DLC just to mess with us. This could very well be the same, him just messing with us. He doesn't need to know the roster in order to make claims about it.
So Ridley being in really depends on if we can trust this guy.... great....:glare:

Top Bottom