• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Chase

Smash Ace
Apparently that guy is not the owner of the game. It's most likely the rumored Nintendo employee.

Someone involved got super mad at TheMotherF***ingLeaker, posting info about him: https://i.4cdn.org/v/1409047937792.png

That person is mentioning him costing someone their job so it's seems logical to think that person is the Nintendo of America employee from the rumor.

Because sometimes it mentions Ridley, but you're right let's forget about the leaks, I don't want this thread to be locked.

I think we should change the topic...

Perhaps one of these:

Who do you think will be the Pyrosphere boss instead of Ridley?

What do you think Ridley's taunts will be?

Do you think Ridley will get an alt costume or will he just have palette swaps?
I'd prefer just palette swaps; Roidley's physique is really different from previous Ridleys.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
You know..

If awesome movie editors can edit freakimg humans flying or transformes in a film. An amature could also fake videos.

Don't get your hopes down cause ridley isnt in some dumb leak. They filmed the freaking titanic in a swimming pool.

Everything's editable in 2014. Even this fake beef on 4Chan.

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
what someone actually said on youtube
"Okay, whatever. Is it possible? Well obviously yes. ANY Nintendo character can be in smash? Is it likely? No. The size isn't even the thing that throws me off, it's the fact that he's a friggin bird. Characters that can fly like Pit or Meta Knight work because they can fight on the ground. All Ridley would be able to do it like, peck you"
I can't even...

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I've never posted here, but I'd like to say that I really hope Ridley will be in the game. I'm not a huge fan of Metroid, but I think it's about time to see another character from the series. Especially if Kid Icarus is receiving three characters. Not only is Ridley one of the most wanted characters in Smash since two installments ago, but he's also an iconic character in Metroid itself.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
If ridley is implemened...dont you think there will e some issues with his size?.

If we take in consideration canon, he would be like 3 times the size of current bowser. H obvs will not be that big...but then he will look awkward being the same size as bowser or DDD
That's why I like Other M Ridley better as playable. He has much better proportions than his classic incarnation, and he's alot bulkier, so he won't look as weird downscaled than that pencil-necked skeleton with wings. Plus, if I'm correct, Other M Ridley's downscaling won't be as drastic as Super Metroid Ridley's; someone prove me wrong if I am.

You know..

If awesome movie editors can edit freakimg humans flying or transformes in a film. An amature could also fake videos.

Don't get your hopes down cause ridley isnt in some dumb leak. They filmed the freaking titanic in a swimming pool.

Last time I'll talk about the leak here. I get it, people are getting insanely good at faking stuff these days, but I'm sorry those videos are not fake...no one would take the time to fake something to that accuracy when the game comes out in 18 days in Japan, what would be the point?. Those videos are not fake.

Now let's move this discussion back to Ridley.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
"Okay, whatever. Is it possible? Well obviously yes. ANY Nintendo character can be in smash? Is it likely? No. The size isn't even the thing that throws me off, it's the fact that he's a friggin bird. Characters that can fly like Pit or Meta Knight work because they can fight on the ground. All Ridley would be able to do it like, peck you"
I can't even...
Ridley read that post. And just like that...he flew off. Don't expect him to show up anytime soon in the pics of the day, he has murder on his mind. Nothing else matters.

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Last time I'll talk about the leak here. I get it, people are getting insanely good at faking stuff these days, but I'm sorry those videos are not fake...no one would take the time to fake something to that accuracy when the game comes out in 18 days in Japan, what would be the point?. Those videos are not fake.

Now let's move this discussion back to Ridley.
This.

Video proofs from video games are almost insta true.

To be able to fake the selection screen in movement would be practically impossible. Now imagine having to make a fake giga bowser model and hack a smash copy to implement all that shid. Not possible.

It would take several former workers from nintendo to fake that.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
I've never posted here, but I'd like to say that I really hope Ridley will be in the game. I'm not a huge fan of Metroid, but I think it's about time to see another character from the series. Especially if Kid Icarus is receiving three characters. Not only is Ridley one of the most wanted characters in Smash since two installments ago, but he's also an iconic character in Metroid itself.

Ridley is for some reason just awesome/badass/mindblowing.

In the very first smash game i didnt care about him yet (probably played it not enough).
During SSB Melee times i didnt check the internet until i unlocked the entire roster.
Because he was in the intro of that game, i expected him to be playable. "Yeah that boy gonna be my final main!!".

But No, the last char was black and not even 1mm thick.

However, Ridley caught my attention, i started to read about him.

Furthermore, i decided to get a super nintendo in order to play against Ridley in super metriod (which was back then said to be the best metroid game). That Ridley was not thicker than Game&Watch, but damn awesome.

Samus is cool yeah and the other creatures are cool as well in Metriod, but what made me play Metroid was Ridley. Ridley is just the most fascinating nintendo character ever.

Hail to the KING Baby!!!!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
SCAN0269.JPG

Yeah, my complex idea of Ridley being able to change to his Omega/Meta form bit by bit through his (painful) memories (it is the World of Smash so don't question it.)....it is also an excuse to be able to practice drawing that form.

Ridley's boiling anger is the trigger to those memories, obviously most of the time it is Roidley's fault it happens, but when Ridley feels that the storm of pain is going to come, he knocks Roidley out (leaving him unconcious), and when he wakes up, Ridley has already changed something, and when he ask what happened to him, he just ignores him and turns around. But this time he just scolded him and sent him to "sleep" to the hole on the wall (the one we thought Roidley was going to came out from).

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I support him being in. Metroid deserves a lot more representation, plus Ridley is one of my favorite game characters.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
There is no Pyrosphere boss, only some gimmick with the tubes.
Ridley is playable, pyrosphere is his home stage

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
okay so I heard from yet another random comment, so its not exactly a reliable source, that said that Ridley was also teased for brawl but obviously became a boss. I'm really curious if that is true since I was far too young when brawl came out to know about that kind of stuff

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
okay so I heard from yet another random comment, so its not exactly a reliable source, that said that Ridley was also teased for brawl but obviously became a boss. I'm really curious if that is true since I was far too young when brawl came out to know about that kind of stuff
He was never "teased"
Only his music and stage were announced before release.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
View attachment 23121
Yeah, my complex idea of Ridley being able to change to his Omega/Meta form bit by bit through his (painful) memories (it is the World of Smash so don't question it.)....it is also an excuse to be able to practice drawing that form.

Ridley's boiling anger is the trigger to those memories, obviously most of the time it is Roidley's fault it happens, but when Ridley feels that the storm of pain is going to come, he knocks Roidley out (leaving him unconcious), and when he wakes up, Ridley has already changed something, and when he ask what happened to him, he just ignores him and turns around. But this time he just scolded him and sent him to "sleep" to the hole on the wall (the one we thought Roidley was going to came out from).
b00.png
Confession time: I love Roidley and his antics, but I always read his dialogue in Jar Jar Binks's voice.

(Also, hey, thread's unlocked. Or I got unbanned, either/or)

AndreaAC

View attachment 23122 Confession time: I love Roidley and his antics, but I always read his dialogue in Jar Jar Binks's voice.

(Also, hey, thread's unlocked. Or I got unbanned, either/or)
Heh heh, sorry that I could't think on some silly thing for Roidley, is just that I had this idea stuck inside my head since yesterday.

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Does any char in ssb4 has a home stage?
Because than this would make perfect sense :troll:
Palutena-Wii U icarus stage
Rosalina- The observatory
Little Mac- Punch out ring
Villager- Animal crossing stages
Mega Man- Willy castle
Pac Man- Pac land and Pac maze
The Miis- Find Mii and arguably pilotwings
Wii fit- Wii fit studio
Robin and Lucina- Arena ferox
Shulk- Gaur plains
Greninja- Elite 4 and the 3ds X and Y stage

Last edited:

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
He was never "teased"
Only his music and stage were announced before release.
thanks for clearing that up
by stage do you mean his boss arena or the actual metroid stage, I only ask because that sounds really weird to show off the blank arena with no boss on it, but that's exactly the kind of thing samurai would do

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm glad people are slowing down with the leak talk. Please, I don't want this place locked, I can't stress that enough. I love you guys.

I can't even...
Tell that intelligent person that :4dedede:would like to have a word with him/her.

View attachment 23121

You might not know this but Sonic is capable of turning Dark Sonic when enraged by using negative energy from the chaos emeralds. Though this wasn't in a Sonic game, it still was from a TV show by Sega. So if Sonic can transform with rage, I think Ridley can too without Smash Bros. logic. Just wanted to let you know. :)

Apparently that guy is not the owner of the game. It's most likely the rumored Nintendo employee.

Someone involved got super mad at TheMotherF***ingLeaker, posting info about him: https://i.4cdn.org/v/1409047937792.png

That person is mentioning him costing someone their job so it's seems logical to think that person is the Nintendo of America employee from the rumor.

Because sometimes it mentions Ridley, but you're right let's forget about the leaks, I don't want this thread to be locked.

I think we should change the topic...

Perhaps one of these:

Who do you think will be the Pyrosphere boss instead of Ridley?

What do you think Ridley's taunts will be?

Do you think Ridley will get an alt costume or will he just have palette swaps?
- I'm still convince there is none if Ridley's not the boss. Instead, it's just the rising lava gimmick again.

- I don't know enough Metroid to think of something good for Ridley. But I'll just agree with the people who brought up Ridley's screech from Zero Mission? Sorry if I got the game wrong.

- I think we could get both. 4 - 6 Alts, Purple(Default),Red, Blue, and Green for Team Battles, one or two for references (one could be his NES design) and 2 costumes like Zammy (a modified Meta/Omega Ridley costume to fit Other M Ridley).

Edit:

I support him being in. Metroid deserves a lot more representation, plus Ridley is one of my favorite game characters.
Welcome to the thread! *Insert generic "glad to see you join" and "don't drink the water" message coming your way*

Last edited:

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
The water...shouldn't drink it...
by stage do you mean his boss arena or the actual metroid stage, I only ask because that sounds really weird to show off the blank arena with no boss on it, but that's exactly the kind of thing samurai would do
Mashpotato Samurai.:troll:

Ahem... Anyways, only about 18 days to go before Japanese gamers blaze through marathon get the 3DS version and due to said gamers blazing through the game we may find out shortly thereafter that Ridley is OP whether or not Ridley is playable. Or y'know, surprise direct announcement.

BELIEVE. RIDLEY. SEPTEMBER 13. BELIEVE.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Norfair

AndreaAC

You might not know this but Sonic is capable of turning Dark Sonic when enraged by using negative energy from the chaos emeralds. Though this wasn't in a Sonic game, it still was from a TV show by Sega. So if Sonic can transform with rage, I think Ridley can too without Smash Bros. logic. Just wanted to let you know. :)
^u^ Thank you for reminding me! But there's a thing....Sonic's transformation into Dark Sonic is pretty simple, a dark aura appears around him and his eyes turn white, but in Ridley's case, his transformation back to his Omega form is way complex because those are physical changes...it is said that after he was defeated in that form, after Phaaze's destruction, he was healed completely and returned to his fully organic form (since in his Omega form, he was regaining his organic tissue but he still had metallic parts.), so what I'm doing here is showing that process in reverse. That is why I need to use the Smash Bros. logic.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Silly Roidley is adorable, but I believe that Roidley can be awesome too.
BEHOLD:

It's like the cutscene where only his eyes and a silhouette are visible, but portable.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
^u^ Thank you for reminding me! But there's a thing....Sonic's transformation into Dark Sonic is pretty simple, a dark aura appears around him and his eyes turn white, but in Ridley's case, his transformation back to his Omega form is way complex because those are physical changes...it is said that after he was defeated in that form, after Phaaze's destruction, he was healed completely and returned to his fully organic form (since in his Omega form, he was regaining his organic tissue but he still had metallic parts.), so what I'm doing here is showing that process in reverse. That is why I need to use the Smash Bros. logic.
So in other words, Sonic the Warehog logic. Ok, I see what you mean. This just shows how little I know of the Metroid games. ;_;

BEHOLD:

It's like the cutscene where only his eyes and a silhouette are visible, but portable.
Me gusta. Great job, can't wait to see the final result. ^^ Also, great new avatar.

Can I ask do you have a art gallery somewhere online? You're one step away from getting a watcher. :)

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Only 13 PotD's left.

I used to be scared of each PotD, afraid it would finally reveal Ridley as a boss on the Pyrosphere, that the dream would die randomly and cruelly.

But now that there are so few left, I have trouble believing that that would happen before the 3DS launch. Instead of fearing Ridley won't appear in a PotD, I'm now really hoping for either a new character reveal, or convinving leaked footage of Ridley. If there is no trailer this week, it'll mean the entirety of August will have been skipped for showing off a new character. 13 more PotD's, 13 more chances to be revealed until the curtain truly drops.

BEHOLD:

Noice, finally finished with the coloring. Looks great! I like the choice of eye color. I generally prefer classic Ridley to Roidley, but art like this helps convince me otherwise.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
You know..

Uhm, no. Heres an opinion from someone who actually knows AND is skilled in the entire process of CGI creation, which would be me:

What we have seen in that leak is not easily done. Not by a long shot. We are looking at about atleast 6 months of work here, maybe even more. And to get it to look as much as the actual gameplay from Nintendo? Thats hardly a thing that is actually possible. It just isnt for a multitute of reasons, last but not least the unique effects Nintendo has created for Smash 4, the quality of animation and the quality of the models itself. To create this footage, it would either take an industrial level professional who takes 6 months off his work schedule to create this, or several (3-4) people that are each very (VERY) skilled in a single step in the process of CGI creation. And again, minimum of 6 months work.

Now, with the time frame of 6 months in mind, all sorts of logical problems arise with this leak, too, aside from it beeing a pretty much infeasible and nonsensical task. For example: Remember all the offically confirmed characters that we DIDNT know about 6 months ago? Right. The leak is as confirmed as anything gets.

The leak is 99% true. And the 1% is the possibility of Nintendo itself screwing with us, which I dont see happening.

AndreaAC

BEHOLD:

Oh, of course Roidley can be awesome too! Is just that silly Roidley is my way to have fun with him, if I hadn't created that portrayal....a bloody massacre would have happened every day thanks to Ridley.....b-but...that's in the past.....back in my Hatred days,,,,

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Only 13 PotD's left.

I used to be scared of each PotD, afraid it would finally reveal Ridley as a boss on the Pyrosphere, that the dream would die randomly and cruelly.

But now that there are so few left, I have trouble believing that that would happen before the 3DS launch. Instead of fearing Ridley won't appear in a PotD, I'm now really hoping for either a new character reveal, or convinving leaked footage of Ridley. If there is no trailer this week, it'll mean the entirety of August will have been skipped for showing off a new character. 13 more PotD's, 13 more chances to be revealed until the curtain truly drops.

Noice, finally finished with the coloring. Looks great! I like the choice of eye color. I generally prefer classic Ridley to Roidley, but art like this helps convince me otherwise.
We're getting a trailer this week.
I FEEL IT.
Ok maybe not THIS WEEK, but maybe later this week (friday) or monday robin thingie.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Only 13 PotD's left.

Oh, it isn't finished yet mind you. All you're seeing is the head (which I maybe want to tweak still, its probably just some reshading and...well the teeth still need it too). The body is all solid colour purple with no shading as of yet. Samus has some shiny and stuff, but I'm not happy with it. Gotta see what they did in the art and try to replicate the shinyness!!!!

Oh, of course Roidley can be awesome too! Is just that silly Roidley is my way to have fun with him, if I hadn't created that portrayal....a bloody massacre would have happened every day thanks to Ridley.....b-but...that's in the past.....back in my Hatred days,,,,
Perhaps you should make a short comic of Roidley saving the day somehow. Saving a kitten perhaps?

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Which seems something Sakurai would do, as this is basically Ridley month, any newcomer trailer would scream Ridley, period.
Nobody would suspect Ridley, because no one suspected Robin in July or Little Mac in Feb
In the public's eyes
Ridley is "de-confirmed"

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
BEHOLD:

c00.png
Me likey.

The extra teeth really sells to me the idea that he can actually rip the flesh off his enemies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
[collapse=Offtopic, Kinda]Do you consider Roidley that one little brother who's a annoying little bugger, but still is loved by Ridley but treats him like dirt due to "Tough Love", or is he the person that you're stuck with that drives you off the wall, but you know he does it out of care and Ridley knows that. Sorry if this came out of nowhere, but I somehow fell in love with this "Family Bond" kinda thing you have going here. I can't explain why, but I like what you're doing.[/collapse]

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Say the leak is true which more than likely is, how much charcacters is that confirmed? but i feel that is not the entire roster if so then that would mean no real fan favorite is in the game.

Top Bottom