• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So I come home from work to this fiasco. Fantastic. Glad I was extremely dubious of Ridley's inclusion in the end. At this point, I feel like the roster we're getting is the one that's been leaked.

I guess all that tiptoeing around Ridley amounts to nothing. Wow, I actually might not buy the game now and just wait for my cousin to get it on his Wii U.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hello friends. Leak thread. Ja.
2 Point infractions for all who not heed the multiple warnings presented thus far~
You heard him, guys. If you didn't then you should have at least had some common sense telling you this was coming. Honestly I can't say I'm surprised how chaotic things got.

Catching up from this point onwards/handling warnings as needed. Also temporarily locking this thread until further notice. I suggest everyone take this time to calm down/cool off from all the leak talk. I apologize to those who really were trying/were abiding the rules and actually trying to keep discussion focused on Ridley.

On a related note, if anyone makes another topic while this one is down, or brings the discussion to an inappropriate thread (this includes posts about the thread itself, and reactions to the lock), they WILL GET INFRACTED FURTHER.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Alright. I'd listen this up time if we want this thread to last what little time we have left.

The next time I have to resort to this, it won't be a temp lock.

This thread is for discussing Ridley- and only Ridley- and his chances to still be/not be playable. NO LEAK DISCUSSION THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ABOVE.

Failure to adhere to this blah blah blah don't be ****heads

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oh hey this thread's not locked.
Who wants to talk about the *gets promptly shot*
...But yeah Ridley. Our glorious leader who seems to be immortal... I may fall, but he will not - he will be in Smash Bros. Just let's not get even more promtly shot by Ismar ok?

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I shall proceed to not be a ****head! No, but really, I apologise for my leak talk.

If Ridley's a boss, those who just get the 3DS version won't even see him, supposedly. But if Smash Run bosses are a thing and he does end up as a boss, isn't it possible that he'd end up as a boss in Smash Run or something? Not what I'd want for the dragon, but worth discussing, I guess.

D

Deleted member

So I'm going to assume it was a good idea to skip over the last 25 pages.

Also hey everyone, I'm not dead, I know you were all crying while I was gone though.

Stupid College Wifi is stupid.

Anyways...

I've been wondering recently a little bit about Ridley's tilts, any ideas aside from claw forward, claw down, claw up?

Also what are U-air ideas if Ridley is not to attack with his wings for it?

Also do we have Nair ideas? That was one of the attacks that I could never think of anything for aside from a front flip kind of thing.

Just curious...

Last edited by a moderator:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So no discussion about that eh? I thought we were just trying to get to 2000 before the 13th :awesome:

Regardless I'm still feeling a Nintendo Direct announcement very soon (**** I've been saying that for what, 3 weeks now?). But now more than ever, and if we get a newcomer it just has to be Ridley right? He's the only logical candidate it seems at this point for a final hype push prior to the games actual release if he's in. Just gotta keep holding on (and maybe believe that he'll crop up in some unofficial manner as playable before long just to give us confirmation if Sakurai won't give us a trailer, just maybe?)

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
So here's a topic I've been wondering about, if *cough* when *cough* Ridley is announced do you guys think he should have pupils like he does in brawl or would you rather he had single colored eyes like say Super Metroid or even Metroid Prime
Personally I think the pupils in brawl make him look like he's insane, much more chaotic which seems to be reflected in his boss battle in brawl. While when he has single colored eyes he seems more sinister, like you can't tell what he's planning but you know its evil.

Zynux

Smash Lord
If Ridley's a boss, those who just get the 3DS version won't even see him, supposedly. But if Smash Run bosses are a thing and he does end up as a boss, isn't it possible that he'd end up as a boss in Smash Run or something? Not what I'd want for the dragon, but worth discussing, I guess.
If Ridley is a boss on the Wii U version, I would think he would just be a trophy on the 3DS version.

So here's a topic I've been wondering about, if *cough* when *cough* Ridley is announced do you guys think he should have pupils like he does in brawl or would you rather he had single colored eyes like say Super Metroid or even Metroid Prime
Personally I think the pupils in brawl make him look like he's insane, much more chaotic which seems to be reflected in his boss battle in brawl. While when he has single colored eyes he seems more sinister, like you can't tell what he's planning but you know its evil.
Definitely no pupils. Makes Ridley look like a rabid dog. Also makes him look less intelligent and cunning.

Super Metroid/Prime eyes all the way.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
But we already know that Kraid is a boss in Smash Run.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
So I'm going to assume it was a good idea to skip over the last 25 pages.

Also hey everyone, I'm not dead, I know you were all crying while I was gone though.

Stupid College Wifi is stupid.

Anyways...

I've been wondering recently a little bit about Ridley's tilts, any ideas aside from claw forward, claw down, claw up?

Also do we have Nair ideas? That was one of the attacks that I could never think of anything for aside from a front flip kind of thing.

Just curious...
a up tilt could be a nice headbutt,his neck looks like with more powerfull muscles could bea good spring XD

I hope that his smash though are tail attacks..

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
I know someone mentioned this a while back with no response, but is there some list of Ridley supporters with the names of all those who who think he's in/really want him in Smash? And if not, let me be the first to add a name to the list.

Space Pirate Army/Ridley Supporters:
Zawaz132

Please let me know if this is already a thing and I'll delete this =P

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Is those new leaks are real or fake? I am crying
What? dude. Read the post from the mod on this very page. Not the place for leak talk. We're here to talk about Ridley. Ismar please be merciful
I know someone mentioned this a while back with no response, but is there some list of Ridley supporters with the names of all those who who think he's in/really want him in Smash? And if not, let me be the first to add a name to the list.

Zawaz132

Well, there's sort of a supporter list in the OP that's very accurate:
Everyone with a brain pretty much.
Though I suppose I can be added to this one too

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Is those new leaks are real or fake? I am crying
This is not the place to discuss it. This is the place to discuss Ridley. Please head to the Link Discussion thread if you wish to discuss how real/fake the leak is.

But we already know that Kraid is a boss in Smash Run.
I'm assuming that is a joke, because I remember no such thing.

How heavy is Ridley going to be, comparatively? Heaviest character in the game? Or mid-weight. He can fly, after all, he can't weigh a ton.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Guys I had a terrible dream, I dreamt that at first there was a new character for the game and that was Dixie Kong, which I'm ok with. But after that I saw footage of Pyrosphere in action, and Ridley was a boss there and he was GINORMOUS, I mean like Godzilla size, and I was trying to show you all that he wasn't a character. That was a nightmare, I'm not sure if I'll ever recover from that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm convinced that one leak with the 6 characters (one is Ridley) is real.

I don't see why it wouldn't be, given it came from a fairly reliable source (unless someone has proof of something otherwise).

Seriously guys, where does the pessimism stem from=???

We got a legit leaker backing Ridley.

We should be PARTYING LIKE WE'RE PURPLE!!!!

Seriously guys, it's time to take the stress off and dance fly into the night (for murder [because Space Pirates]).

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I'm sorry we were goobers. We'll be good this time we swear.

So anyways Ridley, I just want to see his sweet sweet model. See how he'll move, see his victory screen his taunts and hear his victory theme.

It all sounds so good right now.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
His victory theme. Now there's one I haven't thought of before. How would that work? A modification of his battle theme?

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
wow, I actually just realized that if Ridley is a stage hazard and a playable character it actually wouldn't be the first time that has happened.
In brawl the donkey kong stage that is based off of the original arcade game fetchers a giant 8-bit donkey kong, its a full blown stage hazard as it will attack you if you go near it and causes the spring boards to fall down.
Of course dk is playable and no changes are even made to the stage, it even falls under the whole Roidley vs Ridley thing as it is technically Crankey Kong vs Donkey Kong

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Well, he is in the game, it's just the question of is he playable, which chances are he is.

I think his Victory theme should be a short snippet of his theme.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
His victory theme. Now there's one I haven't thought of before. How would that work? A modification of his battle theme?
The point where it gets really high is where it should start and it should end with a dramatic end, similar to the end of this song...
Kick in a powerful sweep like that, and it's epic.

Also, while I'm at it, I wish Samus' theme would be this while Zero Suit Samus kept the default Samus theme...

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
You guys remember how Brawl and Melee had little unlock messages for each character that had something to do with their origin? I think it'd be fun if Ridley's is a reference to the "Ridley's too big" arguments like "Size doesn't matter, you can now use Ridley." or something like that.

Zynux

Smash Lord
  1. Reuse Samus' Victory Theme (lazy way out...)
  2. Rock version of Samus Victory theme
  3. A small snippet from Ridley's Boss Theme
  4. Statue Chamber remix (Super Metroid)
  5. Statue Chamber Unlocked (Zero Mission)
  6. Ridley's arrival on Zebes theme (Zero Mission)

Last edited:

RudySpino

Smash Rookie
Ok guys, I've been more or less disconnected from the internet for a week or so now. Will someone please tell me just what the heck is all this leak commotion?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Just curious...
Claws are probably going to be involved in forward tilts, tail in backward ones. U-air could be something like a reversed lunge... Ridley wings up once and snaps his jaws, or flips and employs talons.

Nair... check his attack cycles in the 2D games, there's one where he just swings his tail forward while hovering. Doesn't have to pogo to attack with his tail, y'know?

Ok guys, I've been more or less disconnected from the internet for a week or so now. Will someone please tell me just what the heck is all this leak commotion?
There is no leak, by order of the mods. Find the appropriate thread yourself, this thread is RIDLEY ONLY. :glare:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I shall proceed to not be a ****head! No, but really, I apologise for my leak talk.

That's possible. It'd likely be easier to design, then to come up with yet another boss. When you could potentially re-use a boss, like the Yellow Devil.

That's if Ridley really is a boss character again.

1. Reuse Samus' Victory Theme (lazy way out...)
  2. Rock version of Samus Victory theme
  3. A small snippet from Ridley's Boss Theme
  4. Statue Chamber remix (Super Metroid)
  5. Ridley's arrival on Zebes theme (Zero Mission)
Chances are they'll reuse the Samus Victory Jingle. The only other thing I can see happening is him having Rock cover, like Bowser and Meta-Knight.

JoseStriker

Smash Rookie
Hi... i came here a while ago and i was what you call a 'detractor'with the same 'too big' argument. yeah. i actually read that second post you said and you actually have a strong base

I guess that what i'm trying to say is that i'm sorry. i didn't realese how bad you wanted him... so... sorry

And i actually wish you get your character...

hail ridley...

glaqux

Smash Cadet

Zawaz132
Glaqux
Add me

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Well, there's sort of a supporter list in the OP that's very accurate:
everyone with a brain
Though I suppose I can be added to this one too
Haha fair enough

But if we're going to make a list, we now have:
TitanTeaTime
Zawaz132

I think it'd be better to actually have the list added to the OP or something like that, but in the mean time, feel free to add your names if you want to everyone!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hi... i came here a while ago and i was what you call a 'detractor'with the same 'too big' argument. yeah. i actually read that second post you said and you actually have a strong base

I guess that what i'm trying to say is that i'm sorry. i didn't realese how bad you wanted him... so... sorry

And i actually wish you get your character...

hail ridley...
A detractor...with an open mind? That's... Is that a sign of the Apocalypse? :)

You're certainly welcome here. Glad the arguments held some weight.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There is a super real CSS of the roster with 48 characters (excluding the Mii Fighters) with all the 39 confirmed characters that is incomplete (we know since they haven't unlocked All-Star mode) that is so real Nintendo of America blocked the guy who posted them from posting more.

We've seen videos of it so we know it's real.

The not yet revealed veterans on it are Ganondorf, Falco, Jigglypuff, Ness, Wario, ROB, and Dr. Mario.
The not yet revealed newcomers on it Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, and The Duck Hunt Dog.

Now I know you might say "well there goes Ridley", but alas, it doesn't end there. It gets better for us.

One of the other potential leakers which is related to this said we have 6 additional characters, with them being Impa, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and our very own Ridley.

There's another potential leak (not sure if it's deconfirmed yet or not) that had all of those characters (plus Dr. Mario and Dark Pit) but without Impa and the Mach Rider. That means, Ridley was on that leak.

Other leaks related to this mention Ridley as a playable character.

All subsequent leaks basically tell us we'll get Ridley.

Everything outside of image and video leaks are pointed at Ridley.

So in other words, THE RIDLEY HYPE IS ON!!!

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
My boredom again...since I still suck at using the tablet, I will just do quick random sketches to warm up my hand....
Untitled-1.jpg

When I do the sketches on a black background...I feel like I'm drawing on a chalkboard...and I also remembered the images that appear in Rainbow Road in MK64 for some reason....

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All we can do is hope the 4chan leak that went with the Ninka leak is true

Or the Quiz theory has Ridley as the metroid character (But then we'd get Impa)

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
TitanTeaTime
Zawaz132
Glaqux

Keep it growing, guys!
With about a week and a half left until the fate of all is released, the hype is getting more intense!

Top Bottom