• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Jeez, it's kinda surreal to think that Smash 4's almost out to the public. We'll likely know Ridley's fate really soon. Also say hello to my new icon: Dog + Dragon aka Ridley Hunt

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
My boredom again...since I still suck at using the tablet, I will just do quick random sketches to warm up my hand....
View attachment 23059
When I do the sketches on a black background...I feel like I'm drawing on a chalkboard...and I also remembered the images that appear in Rainbow Road in MK64 for some reason....
I'am might have too much smash bros on the mind, because the first thing I thought of when I looked at that was Ridley, King K Rool, and Mewtwo :laugh:

Last edited:

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
I also just now realized that the title of the thread has changed!
I laughed a bit too much at that title
hopefully that enemy will be making his appearance soon!

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
The tears of the "Anti-Ridley" guys will be delicious if he finally gets in. But if he gets in, then everyone will turn their hate towards K Rool supporters. :(

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The tears of the "Anti-Ridley" guys will be delicious if he finally gets in. But if he gets in, then everyone will turn their hate towards K Rool supporters. :(
I don't think the "Anti-Ridley guys" will be too upset. All they want is for people to get salty, and Ridley fans happen to be kinda excitable in that regard. If not Ridley they'd go find someone else.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
His victory theme. Now there's one I haven't thought of before. How would that work? A modification of his battle theme?
Personally, I'd really love the theme that plays during this:

Or an excerpt either of his themes, of course. I'm actually quite partial to Ridley's Lair, myself.

Now I know you might say "well there goes Ridley", but alas, it doesn't end there. It gets better for us.

One of the other potential leakers which is related to this said we have 6 additional characters, with them being Impa, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, and our very own Ridley.

There's another potential leak (not sure if it's deconfirmed yet or not) that had all of those characters (plus Dr. Mario and Dark Pit) but without Impa and the Mach Rider. That means, Ridley was on that leak.

Other leaks related to this mention Ridley as a playable character.

All subsequent leaks basically tell us we'll get Ridley.

Everything outside of image and video leaks are pointed at Ridley.

So in other words, THE RIDLEY HYPE IS ON!!!
I know I said any leak talk that has to (directly) do with Ridley is okay, but try not to make only less than half your post do with him, the rest do with general leak talk. Would probably just be easier to either link him to the Leak thread directly, or PM him about it.

My boredom again...since I still suck at using the tablet, I will just do quick random sketches to warm up my hand....

When I do the sketches on a black background...I feel like I'm drawing on a chalkboard...and I also remembered the images that appear in Rainbow Road in MK64 for some reason....
Is that Quetzacoatl and Anubis?

I don't know where you keep getting that you suck from, I think these are amazing.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
So I made a thing for when Ridley is officially confirmed as recommended like ten pages ago:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Or an excerpt either of his themes, of course. I'm actually quite partial to Ridley's Lair, myself.
That theme would be excellent. I'm not a huge fan of Ridley's Lair, though, to be honest.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Compared to the kind of warnings/infractions I thought I would get after seeing the earlier lock message, I got off pretty easy, surprisingly. My actions aren't something that I feel warrants an apology, but not gonna push my luck either, as I won't be trying to post here as much anymore. The short time that this was locked just made me realize how much I needed to cool off and take more of a break from speculation for awhile, even with the more leaks we may be getting soon, which talking about will be discouraged here regardless, especially if they don't directly pertain to Ridley.

@ Dragalon Dragalon I'd prefer Ridley to have single color eyes like in most of his appearances. If the Roidley in Sm4sh is anything like the Other M counterpart, they'll be glowy green anyway, which is fine. I understand that having the pupils like in Brawl kinda made him more.. expressionable, but I prefer him having the cold, lifeless eyes, because that's just part of what makes Ridley well... Ridley, to me. The eyes in Brawl made him look more goofy IMO than they did insane, and as mentioned undermine his intelligence, arguably.

@ Zawaz132 Zawaz132 If Oasis hadn't been lazy about it we would've had a full list of the supporters like on the K. Rool thread a long time ago, but there's very little point in having one now with how close we are to release.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Is that Quetzacoatl and Anubis?

I don't know where you keep getting that you suck from, I think these are amazing.
Yup, they are. -u- I have always loved them! and Ridley, of course! I made an ashtray with form of the head of Anubis, a carnival mask with the body and wings Quetzalcoatl and the translucent acryllic coasters with Ridley (heh....it sounds like if I had killed them...)

Maybe my head is has been stuck with that notion for years so....I can't get rid of it so easily...and Thank you! :3

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
If Oasis hadn't been lazy about it we would've had a full list of the supporters like on the K. Rool thread a long time ago, but there's very little point in having one now with how close we are to release.
I know, I'm just trying to help keep the atmosphere positive. Since, well, you know... There has been quite a bit of negativity lately.
But it looks like things are better now anyways. It's good to see these fellow Ridley supporters back in a good mood =]

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Hi... i came here a while ago and i was what you call a 'detractor'with the same 'too big' argument. yeah. i actually read that second post you said and you actually have a strong base

I guess that what i'm trying to say is that i'm sorry. i didn't realese how bad you wanted him... so... sorry

And i actually wish you get your character...

hail ridley...
Your apology is strongly welcome here, friend.

For fifteen years, ever since the Melee days, we have been carrying the Ridley support torch. Ever since the Brawl speculation days, Ridley has become the #1 most requested character in the Smash fanbase. And ever since Melee...we've been pushed around by detractors.

I used to be one of those detractors. If it weren't for Alax or aldelaro5, I probably wouldn't be nearly as open-minded as I am today (but now, I'm obsessed with Bandana Dee and Dark Pit). There are people who have supported him for so long, Ridley has developed some symbolism around him. Ultimate fan service, most hype-inducing character. I look at Ridley as both justice and peace to all. Justice being where all the detractors pay for bullying us for so long, and peace being the long-lasted fight that can finally end once and for all.

........Darn, I wish I had thought this riveting speech further. =/ Oh yeah, Hail Ridley! Welcome aboard, don't drink the water, yadda yadda yadda. XD

Space Pirate Army/Ridley Supporters:
TitanTeaTime
Zawaz132
Glaqux

Keep it growing, guys!
With about a week and a half left until the fate of all is released, the hype is getting more intense!
MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That theme would be excellent. I'm not a huge fan of Ridley's Lair, though, to be honest.
I wasn't either until I heard the remix by Metroid Metal.

I really hope we get more than one version (specifically the Other M one) of Ridley's theme in both games.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'd be happy to support Ridley too, after seeing all of you have genuine support for the character. Count me in.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Man it's only a matter of time until we get a Ridley trailer...I've been saying this for 2 weeks. Still believe it's only a matter of time. >_>

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
You can add me to that Space Pirate Army/Ridley Supporter List as well!

Also here's the video now uploaded to vimeo much like where I got the source for this video. Hopefully it isn't removed again...

Zynux

Smash Lord

Yeah, I think the "Ridley arrives on Zebes" theme to be the best choice. It's short, but fast paced, and it's also sounds dire and suspenseful.

I was thinking about putting Ridley's Lair in my list, but decided against it...but maybe it could work if you speed up the first say 22 seconds of the song and make it sound like a far more faster pace song.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Man it's only a matter of time until we get a Ridley trailer...I've been saying this for 2 weeks. Still believe it's only a matter of time. >_>
Yep, it's coming. But not for another week. Be patient.

Yeah, I think the "Ridley arrives on Zebes" theme to be the best choice. It's short, but fast paced, and it's also sounds dire and suspenseful.
Yeah, I could see that one translating really easily.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Two more! *Edit: Three
TitanTeaTime
Zawaz132
Glaqux
AuraShaman
Strider_Bond00J
Hidan

PotD isn't up yet. I know it's unlikely, but I would love for it to be something like a Mii wearing a Ridley mask without even mentioning it.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Also here's the video now uploaded to vimeo much like where I got the source for this video. Hopefully it isn't removed again...

That Shokio (aka the guy who used to tell me pre-Brawl Sonic would never be playable but Waluigi would) rub was SO REALLLL!!!!

But for reals.

When Ridley is confirmed, I BREAK PEOPLE'S EARS!!!

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
View attachment 23059
Nice drawings of Ridley, Quetzacoatl and Anubis......Are you, by any chance, a fan of the Shin Megami Tensei series?

AndreaAC

Nice drawings of Ridley, Quetzacoatl and Anubis......Are you, by any chance, a fan of the Shin Megami Tensei series?
I have no idea what that is. But I have liked those deities for a long time. Ahem.....back to Rids....I will try to come out with some Ridley and Roidley stuff, but in the traditional way since I definitely can't draw any of it with the tablet. and Thanks :3

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So how are we doing in here after yesterday's ruckus? I think I can still hear a heartbeat despite having to be locked for a little time it seems, but the fact that we're still breathing is a miracle on its own.

At this point I'm not sure what to believe, I don't want to get too comfortable and confident, but man, let's stack up all the evidence together:

-There are more characters (All-Star not yet unlocked)
-Ridley was leaked months ago alongside Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr and Dr. Mario
-Pyrosphere announcement and shadow teasing
-His supposed size
-Sakurai and Nintendo going out of their way to reassure any misunderstandings on non-playable characters

Like I said, I'm not going to get too comfortable or confident yet if only to avoid the small chance of any dissapointment, but things are really looking up for our space dragon atm, I even dare say that he's the most likely character to join the roster at this point. Hopefully we'll get an official announcement if he's a character before the entire game leaks, I want Ridley to have a shiny trailer.

Also, @ Angelglory Angelglory that's a legendary avatar right there, especially since we've been calling Other Ridley a duck for so long.

Last edited:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

K.Rool and Mewtwo are the best part of that video XD this is perfect for when Ridley's confirmed! HAIL RIDLEY, OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!

(oh, and I'm a Space Pirate too, by the way.)

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
I have no idea what that is. But I have liked those deities for a long time. Ahem.....back to Rids....I will try to come out with some Ridley and Roidley stuff, but in the traditional way since I definitely can't draw any of it with the tablet. and Thanks :3
Shin Megami Tensei is an RPG where the Protagonist fights AND RECRUITS Demons from various mythologies as allies.
Quetzacoatl and Anubis are examples.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei

For the next Ridley&Roidley, try this:
Ridley finds Roidley reading a book......Ridley is surprised how his dumb clone can read a book.....Ridley sneaks up to him and sees the title of the book..."How to make your brother love you FOR DUMMIES"...Ridley: :facepalm:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Gooooood morning fellas! Good to see we've recovered from that leak joojooflop. Thank you, mods! Let us hope for a fruitful PotD, and a confirmed Ridley!

@ Zawaz132 Zawaz132 If Oasis hadn't been lazy about it we would've had a full list of the supporters like on the K. Rool thread a long time ago, but there's very little point in having one now with how close we are to release.
It's easier to assume that everyone supports Ridley, and those who evidently don't are eaten.

Heh, just make sure to practice every so often. If you can't get it to work now, then maybe you can get it to work later! I'm looking forward to more of your drawings.

Speaking of which, I really gotta finish up mine too.

AndreaAC

Shin Megami Tensei is an RPG where the Protagonist fights AND RECRUITS Demons from various mythologies as allies.
Quetzacoatl and Anubis are examples.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei

For the next Ridley&Roidley, try this:
Ridley finds Roidley reading a book......Ridley is surprised how his dumb clone can read a book.....Ridley sneaks up to him and sees the title of the book..."How to make your brother love you FOR DUMMIES"...Ridley: :facepalm:
Heh, I just looked for the design of Quetzalcoatl for that game and it looks plain and simple....they didn't put a crown of feathers on his head....

and....Aw.....that sounded really funny and cute! I LOVE IT! -u-

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
It's easier to assume that everyone supports Ridley, and those who evidently don't are eaten.
That's kind of dark. Just because someone doesn't support a character that you want, they'll be eaten? Dude, calm down.
They should just be exiled.

But alas, another day passes. Another day Rildey avoids the PotD.

TitanTeaTime
Zawaz132
Glaqux
AuraShaman
Strider_Bond00J
Hidan
darksamus77

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I support Ridley and look forward to being mangled in bizzare and unethical Space Pirate experiments. More unnatural limbs and teeth = better!

I have to say though. We've been kept in suspense for a looong time.

No, I'm not going to say that it's been a huge wait.

AndreaAC

The Final Destination versions of stages are called Omega (Ω) formes.

I'm just going to get the obligatory Ω Pyrosphere/Omega Ridley joke out of the way now.
Heh...at least the jokes were not going to be like the ones that happened when Pokemon: Omega Ruby was announced...
40690832 - Copy - Copy.jpg

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I think I have come arcross a revelation that would impact his chances greatly. Correct me if wrong but the leaked stage pictures did not have the pyrosphere meaning its an exclusive to the Wii U. We know that Dr Wiley stage is on the 3ds version so it will definitly utilize the Stage boss hazards, so why exclude that stage....

....This is asuming of course the wii u has other stages with boss hazards but still why just import the MegaMan stage instead of a diffrent stage like Pacman.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai - First Pic: Pic of the day! Below you can see Ridley as a Stage Boss on Pyrosphere! We made him stand up straight compared to his hunched over models in Brawl, this was a pretty big change so that's why we waited until now to reveal him! Wait, what's this next to stage select?...

Sakurai - Second Pic:
That's right! If you chose the Ω (Final Destination) form of Pyrosphere you will instead counter Omega Ridley! This gimmick was hard to implement but I'm sure everyone will be happy with this inclusion!

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord

LOL this is amazing. Will definitely show this when Ridley's publically shown. Thanks!

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Starting to wonder when and where we could see the potential remaining reveal trailers, may sound like a stuck record but I'm convinced Ridley will get one if he is playable. We have some "shocking news" later today which is being live streamed if I remember correctly. But after no reveal after the Hyrule Warriors direct and this being about detective Pikachu by the sounds of it, I don't see any reveal, never mind a Ridley one, but hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom