• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well this leak gained more credibility and now there is one that mentions Ridley. Leaks from all different sources. My reaction to all the chaos.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Warning Received
No way, we've never seen that! We've totally be talking about other stuff these past 10+ pages today, and been completely oblivious to the same links that have been posted in the other character threads.
You don't have to be such a ****

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Will we be able to start a new thread if we reach 2000 pages?
Yeah, but I fear that by the time we reach 2000, it'll be almost pointless to make another thread for Ridley. Mostly because it'd be too close to Judgement Day to get back what we have here.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well if the supposed additional newcomers are true, then maybe, just maybe, this leak isn't too bad for me personally. I really wanna believe Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Impa, Mach Rider, and most importantly Ridley are in the game. That sells the roster for me personally with those characters in the game because honestly with one or two exceptions they're all better than the current list of newcomers personally (Worth noting that of course we haven't seen how they play, so can't really say if they are or not, but name wise they are fairly large additions). I really wanna believe in Ridley as a part of this leak so I can finally sleep easy on his inclusion, though each moment it is looking better and better for our giant purple epic space dragon!

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Well its still like 300 pages in 2 weeks or so xDDD I dont know, they could either make an exception or I bet we could even start a new topic and get to 100 pages in 1 day (?)

In any case Ridley is here to stay!

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I've seen people elsewhere mentioning that the part of this leak with the list that has Impa and Ridley on it has been proven fake. Has anyone heard anything about this?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I love how with this leak going around Ridley isn't shown in any of the pics, or the CSS (which is incomplete). The only thing Ridley related in this is the leaker saying he's playable, which he has no proof on. I can smell the Ridley trailer coming very soon.

D

Deleted member 245254

We know that this leaker somehow obtained an ESRB video but beyond the contents he has shown from said video I am extremely wary and suspect of any extraneous information not backed up by actual imagery.

The person is either on the ESRB or stole it from someone who is on the ESRB team. The reason the video has those "sexy" shots is to show the ESRB their "worst" content in order to get properly rated so they don't get in trouble down the line simply because that stuff didn't get noticed until later. He showed the ability to essentially gamble, which could affect things as well.

Now, aside from the content specifically in that video, I have a really difficult time believing this leaker is somehow privileged to any actual information.

It is my postulation that he is riding the wave of his acquiring and successful leaking of this video by just saying **** to screw with us and bounce people around, laughing maniacally at his control of your emotions. He already admitted to doing that once. His post mannerism also leaves much to be desired, showing that he's a kid on an attention-trip who got ahold of his daddies ESRB work material.

This kid has basically no credibility aside from what he can actually post in pictures.

Do not take anything he says off-hand as having any sort of weight. He displayed the contents of a demo build constructed to receive an ESRB rating, he does not know anything beyond that.

I know you guys really want Ridley so it's easy to get excited because he mentioned Ridley, but think for a second. How could he know? You have to think. Don't let your emotions override your rationale. The guy is likely extremely aware of the huge Ridley community and sees every intention to screw with them to the max.

Last edited by a moderator:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
well if that leaker is ****ing with us by saying ridley in the game but it turns out he's not.Hell shall be paid

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
W
If we're talking leak pertaining to Ridley talk, then for those of you who are leak believers -

Supposedly the leaker showed off that all star mode was still locked on his system, confirming that he has not unlocked all the characters. So that leak doesn't even spell death for Ridley

For those of you on team fake, I like your style.

I'm over here on team not deciding real or fake until the next character is shown
what is allstar mode?

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You don't have to be such a ****
Was only in good fun. Certainly wasn't any worse than Blackflamedragon's history of spamming and double-posting on this thread, or his tendency of repeating what's already been said.

I've seen people elsewhere mentioning that the part of this leak with the list that has Impa and Ridley on it has been proven fake. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Only heard the Impa part was fake, not Ridley. Regardless, still not believing Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie until I see at least one of 'em in action, and to be fair Ridley's been on plenty of different recent leaks to mess with our hopes.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Do not take anything he says off-hand as having any sort of weight. He displayed the contents of a demo build constructed to receive an ESRB rating, he does not know anything beyond that.

I know you guys really want Ridley so it's easy to get excited because he mentioned Ridley, but think for a second. How could he know? You have to think. Don't let your emotions override your rationale. The guy is likely extremely aware of the huge Ridley community and sees every intention to screw with them to the max.

I dont really care about the leak xD I am as hyped as always and I think Ridley is in not because this leak, but for all the reasons already displayed in this wonderful thread. To me this guy has the same credibility as I have (I made a stupid joke some pages ago about how Ridley was confirmed because I just beaten him in Zero Mission game, which is as relevant as this leak and almost all leaks)

In the end, we will have to wait for an official thing, which after seeing how the deleted the vids, will surely/eventually come to us

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
@ vaanrose vaanrose said it was fake.
Wait, is that it? Is vaanrose big in the leaker community, hence their credibility? I know nothing about this. Thank you, either way!

Only heard the Impa part was fake, not Ridley. Regardless, still not believing Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie until I see at least one of 'em in action, and to be fair Ridley's been on plenty of different recent leaks to mess with our hopes.
Wasn't there only one list that had both of them on it? If so, wouldn't that throw the credibility of the rest of the list under the bus?

Not that I believe it anyway, but just for curiousity's sake.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Wait, is that it? Is vaanrose big in the leaker community, hence their credibility? I know nothing about this. Thank you, either way!

Wasn't there only one list that had both of them on it? If so, wouldn't that throw the credibility of the rest of the list under the bus?

Not that I believe it anyway, but just for curiousity's sake.
He's the original source of the Ninka_kiwi leak, the guy who got the info about Bowser Jr., Shulk, DHD. etc.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I don't think my avatar has ever been more appropriate.

Regardless, it hurts nothing to hope. That's all we've been doing for a year now.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i was hoping to see some good news after getting some sleep, like this leak being fake or something... but then i see people talking about how nintendo pulled all the videos down.

great... so we have a mini-bowser in a non-flying flying machine... shulk, who, despite having no relation to the series, is somehow a fire emblem character clone, according to some people... and god knows what else.

people are 100% convinced ridley is playable due to this, but... considering we got nothing on him, im still worried about his chances.

i do feel a little bad for sakurai and nintendo... though, its significantly less so because of them not improving ganondorf at all, one of their most iconic villains is still just a captain falcon clone... which makes no sense whatsoever.

but atleast sakurai's BIGGEST surprise, ridley, is still technically unspoiled... i mean, you can assume all you want... but we still arent any closer to knowing his status than before the leak.

D

Deleted member 245254

Regardless, it hurts nothing to hope. That's all we've been doing for a year now.
Yeah, if you're trying to draw a comparison to me just stahp, I already submitted to being supportive of his inclusion, so maybe if you really are that hell-bent on arguing with "detractors" you can go to gamefaqs or something.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
He's the original source of the Ninka_kiwi leak, the guy who got the info about Bowser Jr., Shulk, DHD. etc.
Aaaaaah. Thank you!

I'd say Zipzo is right, yup yup. You're right in that it doesn't hurt to hope, but don't blindly hope in a leak that is very likely to be lying to you.

Hope in Sakurai, and Ridley! And even if that gets you no-where, at least we can vouch for him next time or something.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Warning Received
August 27th, save the date.
For what, exactly?

i was hoping to see some good news after getting some sleep, like this leak being fake or something... but then i see people talking about how nintendo pulled all the videos down.

great... so we have a mini-bowser in a non-flying flying machine... shulk, who, despite having no relation to the series, is somehow a fire emblem character clone, according to some people... and god knows what else.

people are 100% convinced ridley is playable due to this, but... considering we got nothing on him, im still worried about his chances.

i do feel a little bad for sakurai and nintendo... though, its significantly less so because of them not improving ganondorf at all, one of their most iconic villains is still just a captain falcon clone... which makes no sense whatsoever.

but atleast sakurai's BIGGEST surprise, ridley, is still technically unspoiled... i mean, you can assume all you want... but we still arent any closer to knowing his status than before the leak.
Yeah, sorry about having to wake up about bad news. It'll get better.

People suspect that Bowser Jr is a Diddy Kong clone. So there's that horrible news for you.

A lot of us are still worried about him, but confidence is always a good thing.

I feel bad for Sakurai, but I am the one and only person who is very glad that Ganondorf didn't change. I only played as him in Brawl because he was the way he was.

This last paragraph is so true. Nothing is confirmed / deconfirmed until Sakurai or Nintendo says so themselves.

so maybe if you really are that hell-bent on arguing with "detractors" you can go to gamefaqs or something.
Or he could go to YouTube. There are plenty of detractors there. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if you're trying to draw a comparison to me just stahp, I already submitted to being supportive of his inclusion, so maybe if you really are that hell-bent on arguing with "detractors" you can go to gamefaqs or something.
Glad to hear it. The speed this thread moves, there's no way to tell what's what. (Though you're still talking down to everyone in a generally irritating manner, so... You might want to work on that.)

D

Deleted member 245254

Glad to hear it. The speed this thread moves, there's no way to tell what's what. (Though you're still talking down to everyone in a generally irritating manner, so... You might want to work on that.)
Okay, and you can work on not twisting everything to fit your idea of a Ridley tease and start thinking more rationally about his inclusion, that way the "other side" has an easier time siding with you.

I think most people probably wouldn't mind if he's in, but when you act like a zealot it can make it very difficult for indifferent folks to let themselves be paired with you, and thus, it creates this VS dynamic, when in reality one side doesn't mind his inclusion, the other just fantasizes a bit too hard.

I support logic, even if it goes against the characters chances. That's all. I support anyone who thinks rationally.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Warning Received
Not exactly. It was @Shun_one who was Ninka's source. I only had corroborating testimony about Bowser Jr and DHD.

But even if that weren't the case, I'm the one the Mother****ing leaker contacted on these forums to prove who he was, which became his own undoing, since he basically outed himself as a liar. If he had kept himself anonymous there'd be nothing to disprove his claims.

Mod edit: please don't self censor or try to bypass it

Last edited by a moderator:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
People suspect that Bowser Jr is a Diddy Kong clone. So there's that horrible news for you.
Oh god you're right, I picked up Shulk being a Marth clone with a gimmick taped to him, but I never noticed Bowser Jr. being a Diddy Clone. I found it weird his Up-B launched him and instead of making the Koopa Car fly. Any bets who the Duck Hunt Dog will be a clone of? I'm thinking Olimar.

At this rate, Ridley being a Charizard clone is going to happen if the leak is true.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Any chance we can make a leak free Ridley thread? I don't want to have to keep treading through sewage (leaks) to talk about Ridley on a Ridley thread. And we're so close to the Japanese release, I'm getting scared that this thread will get locked because people can't control themselves.

It wouldn't be too hard to talk about the leak on the leak thread and come back with just info related to just Ridley, but this thread seems all over the place talking about the leak.

Last edited:

glaqux

Smash Cadet
So is there any official news for a nintendo direct or smash direct or is there still nothing but rumors

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
Has Ridley been leaked??
Short answer: Yes.

CURRENT FACTS
for anybody who wants to know what happened today

The same leaker who leaked the images earlier (roster ect.) confirmed (on 4chan) that there are more chars than on the picture of the roster we know.

This is almost for sure, because

(1) the allstar mode was locked in the pictures (allstar mode gets usually unlucked when you have all chars in the game)

(2) (this one is new)
The chronology of the current roster leak strongly suggests, that its not the final roster.
Just look at Dr. Mario and Dark Pit for example, they arent next to their game chars. This hints that they are unlockable, however, not all chars are unlocked yet and thus they didnt take their "right" position yet. That something like this can happen during unlocking is known from previous smash games.
(the 2nd pic shows how it might look when the roster is fnished - just to give you an idea)

Furthermore the leaker of this image confirmed that there are more than the shown chars. He posted a a cypher and said if you solve it you will see the remaining characters.. ofc someone solved it and this was found:
http://imgur.com/92NOfCW
(Yes sadly we have no images of the remaining chars. - So take this with a grain of salt.)

In other words, according to the leaker, the remaining 5 chars yet to be unlocked are:
-Mewtwo
-Mach Rider
-Impa
-Dixie
-Ridley

During the video leaks today and the images the Ninka leak was confirmed.
In the speculation part of the leak-post (follow the link to check it youself) there is the following info given:

">Dixie
>Shulk
>Chorus Men
>Ridley
>Bowser Jr
>Mewtwo
>Duck Hunt Dog

No info on reveal dates. Please do not ask
I do not know more.
That maybe all. Was not told"

Both leaks suggest:
°Dixie
°Shulk
°Ridley
°Bowser Jr
°Mewtwo
°Duck Hunt Dog

playable. Only Impa and Mach Rider are not listed on the Ninka leak. That might tell us something negative about their fate. However, the correlation of the leaks is a good sign.

----
Its almost certain that the roster is not complete. Judging from the two most reliable leaks yet, the missing chars (high likely) Dixie, Mewtwo and the Purle Space Dragon.

Have a nice day/evening/night/sex/whatever
:samus:

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
yea the leak is pretty much legit at this point but reminder

it will be a matter of time when ridley gets revealed (playable)

I mean since the leak is real why is there only 1 Metroid stage in the 3ds version and its one ridley is not in.

that smells like 1 game exclusive if not playable and im pretty sure ridley qualifies for being in both versions.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
For what, exactly?

Yeah, sorry about having to wake up about bad news. It'll get better.

A lot of us are still worried about him, but confidence is always a good thing.

I feel bad for Sakurai, but I am the one and only person who is very glad that Ganondorf didn't change. I only played as him in Brawl because he was the way he was.

This last paragraph is so true. Nothing is confirmed / deconfirmed until Sakurai or Nintendo says so themselves.

Or he could go to YouTube. There are plenty of detractors there. :sadeyes:
...bowser jr is a diddy kong clone?

i thought that recovery looked familiar.

oh, god... just... just kill me now.

if this leak is real, i dont want to live anymore.

because at this rate, we're gonna end up with something like this...

bowser jr - diddy kong clone

shulk - marth/roy/lucina/whatever clone?

ridley - most likely a charizard clone [if those other unique characters can be clones of unrelated characters, then you know ridley will be screwed over, too]

...and who knows what other bad things will come from it.

i'd rather be dead than live in a world where sakurai screws up a smash bros. game so severely after hyping us up so damn much.

Last edited:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Can you believe it?

Sakurai has been giggling behind his screen for a year, waiting for the perfect to show people that Ridds is in the game,

and yet it's very likely he won't even be the one to reveal him?

Top Bottom