• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The first leaker said that there's more to come. At the very least, that's one more character by the sounds of it. There was a corresponding leak stating that Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, and The Chorus Kids were playable. Though that second leak isn't 100% confirmed to be true, it's the only other leak that seems to go hand in hand with the current one that is most likely true.
This?

There's a lot of crazy coincidence there. We have hope left! If this extended roster is the final roster I will be satisfied with it.

But otherwise I will hate this roster more than Brawl's.

D

Deleted member 245254

What leaker? There have been many leakers involved in this whole thing.
What do you mean "what leaker"?

The only leaker that has essentially been proven to be legit within the past hour or so. Have you not watched the videos? That guy. That guy flat-confirmed the statement.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ok, the last hope I have is, that I expect Mewtwo and Ridley to be the two characters that are the hardest to unlock. Mewtwo was in Melee, so it's possible.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, heads will roll on NoA for this :lol:

BTW, is the guy filming with a polaroid? I cant see **** in those videos.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Honestly...

I hope Ridley is playable. The more the merrier. I'm on the supporter side, but my logic center just tells me otherwise.

Here's to hoping.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Just woke up to this. Can't say I'm all that happy, but oh well. Either Sakurai does something soon and unexpected, or even showing off Ridley as playable, or I may throw in the towel. Though who am I kidding? I'll be clinging to hope that he's still in until it releases in Japan. I'm a lost cause I believe.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the guy unlocked All Star Mode, so if the thing is real we'll get the truth soon.

Id really have prefered his deconfirmation (if it happens) had come earlier from an official source, not from a leak because its not there.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Regardless of this "leak" I still believe in Ridley and all of my other candidates.

One thing that sets it off as being fake to me is how there are two victory ribbons (forgot the actual names) and how lifeless Lucina looks at the end of the results screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9eH1JfkkPw&index=2&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ
I don't see how the victory screen can set off any red flags when there is already footage of a unique Bowser Jr.

Was kinda hoping people would adjust expectations earlier than this, now that it's do or die.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Just woke up to this. Can't say I'm all that happy, but oh well. Either Sakurai does something soon and unexpected, or even showing off Ridley as playable, or I may throw in the towel. Though who am I kidding? I'll be clinging to hope that he's still in until it releases in Japan. I'm a lost cause I believe.
This leak directly backs up another leak that did, in fact, include Ridley.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Warning Received
Apparently the guy unlocked All Star Mode, so if the thing is real we'll get the truth soon.

Id really have prefered his deconfirmation (if it happens) had come earlier from an official source, not from a leak because its not there.
Where did you see this? Yesterday I saw a guy claiming that All-Star Mode was locked because they believed they did not have all characters unlocked. And it seems most people believe this to be true anyways. Hell just go look at the thread for it. The incomplete roster is mentioned once in every three posts almost.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman

Yeah I'm not at all happy with how he was handled. At all. Maybe to Sakurai we are a minor group of fans who in the long run don't matter, but he really could have just deconfirmed him (if he really isn't in) with a simple pic of the day fully showing him off and explaining what he does. Nah, we get to know from a leak. They might as well have pissed in my cornflakes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

He did? I heard that he hadn't. Well, here's to hoping that one of the other characters actually is Ridley. If not, better luck next time I suppose.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know what, I just notice something... we have no new villains, period. Bowser Jr. is only a "villain character" cuz Bowser. He still reps a series that had a villain already and plays a lesser role then other possible villains we could have gotten. I'm starting to dislike the roster more a more now.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Warning Received
I don't see how the victory screen can set off any red flags when there is already footage of a unique Bowser Jr.

Was kinda hoping people would adjust expectations earlier than this, now that it's do or die.
It just doesn't seem likely that Lucina would be lifeless in her victory screen and that there are two victory ribbons (forgot what the actual name is) when there is only one when it comes to victory screens, including team battles.

Bowser Jr. is convincing, but I am not sold on the Shulk side of things.

I don't trust the whole leak, but am shifting to believe that Bowser Jr. is in the game.

Tl;dr I don't trust the whole leak, but am believing some characters individually.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I know we're not supposed to discuss leaks here, but I can't help but notice a lack of hope currently! I thought I'd post everything directly relevant to Ridley's inclusion in one post (hopefully someone doesn't greninja me). Keep in mind this is all OLD information.
http://i.imgur.com/g4eo9lj.jpg
Basically, to put it in context, the first leak, the Vaanrose one, confirms Bowser Junior. Unless I'm missing a source, it appears that no mention was ever made of him fighting in a clown car. Enter Ninka's leak. This one mentions the clown car.
http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg Enter this one. While a separate leak entirely, it confirms use of the cannon and "mouth attachments" on the clown car, which we then see in the video leak here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlY1yb7rVdo&feature=youtu.be
Note that this leak confirms Ridley as a playable newcomer.

So to sum up. Ridley hope still high.
And I know we typically don't like leaks in this thread, but because it's directly pertaining to Ridley in this case, I'm hoping mods will see the value in having a little dose of Ridley hope.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Damn, its hard not to believe the leak with those videos, but I'm skeptic by profession and nature, so I'm on 70/30 about this leak.

Still, this ain't over until it's over.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
There is now an album of leaked pictures of things, mostly trophies I guess. Someone's got to tell the news. No, there are no Ridley pics. Why do they keep missing him. Is he bigfoot or something?

Damn, its hard not to believe the leak with those videos, but I'm skeptic by profession and nature, so I'm on 70/30 about this leak.

Still, this ain't over until it's over.
There are still chances for Ridley. Remember everything we discovered before this. Remember the shadow. Remember the pattern. No matter how fallacious it all may be in some aspects, it still helps our chances. We mustn't give up! Kraid The fat lady hasn't sung yet!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Hey guys! I know we're not supposed to discuss leaks here, but I can't help but notice a lack of hope currently! I thought I'd post everything directly relevant to Ridley's inclusion in one post (hopefully someone doesn't greninja me). Keep in mind this is all OLD information.
http://i.imgur.com/g4eo9lj.jpg
Basically, to put it in context, the first leak, the Vaanrose one, confirms Bowser Junior. Unless I'm missing a source, it appears that no mention was ever made of him fighting in a clown car. Enter Ninka's leak. This one mentions the clown car.
http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg Enter this one. While a separate leak entirely, it confirms use of the cannon and "mouth attachments" on the clown car, which we then see in the video leak here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlY1yb7rVdo&feature=youtu.be
Note that this leak confirms Ridley as a playable newcomer.

So to sum up. Ridley hope still high.
And I know we typically don't like leaks in this thread, but because it's directly pertaining to Ridley in this case, I'm hoping mods will see the value in having a little dose of Ridley hope.
at this point is all really speculation though... It's obvious that Vaanrose have seen the video, but i believe this leak was held for quite some time, and we don't know how many people watched the video before making it goes public, and if they decided to mix true info with false info just for **** and giggles (or maybe they wer speculating themselves). for all we know, tha CSS leak could be a pretty good fake done with the information of the video.

At least i'm growing a little sick of all the speculation, so I won't care until we have some definitive proof, all that we can say for sure is that Ridley is still alive (God, the commander is pretty hard to kill XD)

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
There is now an album of leaked pictures of things, mostly trophies I guess. Someone's got to tell the news. No, there are no Ridley pics. Why do they keep missing him. Is he bigfoot or something?
The album confirms that is was made for ESRB considering the content in the pictures. So they were only showing off what they had to. In my mind, I think they held out on some characters for the chance of those images getting leaked like they did. Which would explain why Ridley would be totally omitted from them. Shulk being expected explains why they weren't worried about his potential leak. Bowser Jr is the one that gets me for this theory. Why would they show him off if there was doubt of his inclusion? My only guess is they thought using a machine in battle would make it more violent or in other words something the ESRB would have to see.

And now we have a leak confirming that the All Stars Mode is locked.

I know it's off topic but I feel like Ridley's chances have skyrocketed even more with this leak seeming very likely ESPECIALLY with this locked All Star Mode picture.

Edit: Also the album shows a trophy that shows a koopaling in the bowser kart. That could further prove the leak that says Ridley is going to be in.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
The leaked album has a trophy of Larry in the clown head...

...things are getting very real for the Ridley leak...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wow, guys....

Is this it? Is it finally happening, I guess? Could this all be coming to a close? I won't start screaming in joy just yet, but...wow.

I'll say it again because there seems to be some confusion. Ridley is NOT in the Vinka leak. Ridley and the others were added through speculation of other leaks. Ridley is obviously still possible (especially if this newest leak means All star is not active due to the lack of characters) but don't blame the Ninka for inconsistencies.

Mcriddle

Smash Rookie
So off topic by why the hek hasnt gannondorfs moves been upgraded or am i missing somthing???

i feel more confident than ever about ridley being playable seeing there creativity with bowser jr but dont have a a good feeling about k rool still.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Omg its happening, Ridley is going to be playable
the 4chan and Ninka leaks line up perfectly and said Ridley would be playable, guys its happening.
Plus the recent batch of trophies does not even feature ridley

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I bet they're regretting having pretty much nothing but filler for the picture of the day recently now...

Seriously, if this leak is real they'd have still been keeping Mewtwo, Ridley, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt Dog, Chorus Men and Shulk up their sleeves, and Dr Mario, Dark Pit and Dixie as clones. Why would they hold them for that long? Are they planning one massive Direct to end of directs?

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
So who is going to buy a Ridley amiibo?
also a bit off topic but Gamefaqs is going crazy now, The Ridley nuke is preparing to go off.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
Omg its happening, Ridley is going to be playable
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/259779430/what-does-it-mean#p259785820
Posted by the leaker supposedly
also the 4chan and Ninka leaks line up perfectly and said Ridley would be playable, guys its happening.
Plus the recent batch of trophies does not even feature ridley
I find that a bit odd. The other leaks were straightforward about the bulk of their information only giving what they thought they needed to until they realized they needed to show more to get people to believe. This on the other hand is claiming to have knowledge of what is to come but doesn't provide anything to help people believe. It feels really dodgey too like someone trying to join the claim to fame. Also that last part isn't locked down to Ridley and it doesn't line up with Ninka because Ninka says Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Chorus Men left.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What do you mean "what leaker"?

The only leaker that has essentially been proven to be legit within the past hour or so. Have you not watched the videos? That guy. That guy flat-confirmed the statement.
The leaker who has been leaking for the past hours has no information on who is remaining, he just speculates there are more as All-Star mode wasn't unlocked, that's all we know.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
The hidden characters must be characters that would not affect ESRB rating like Wario and Zamus does. Ridley is an animal creature, like Bowser, Jr, DK and Diddy. He isn't done yet.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So off topic by why the hek hasnt gannondorfs movies been upgraded or am i missing somthing???
Ganonorf has movies? Wow. Now i want to watch them. Unless they are peaceful.

Anyway, don't get your hopes so high because of leaks. Remember what happened to Chrom and his supporters? He was 100% confirmed by Gematsu and guess what happened?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Honestly...

I hope Ridley is playable. The more the merrier. I'm on the supporter side, but my logic center just tells me otherwise.

Here's to hoping.
I don't blame you. Many including myself have been there since the shadow thing. I'm optimistic that we don't know the full roster yet, might as well hold out until the end.

also all this is real

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

Mcriddle

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
typing off my new phone makes me type all sorts of weird **** (still getting use to it) haha

and yeah well theres no proof in the pudding yet but it has got me quite hyped up.

but yeah gannondorf needs a new move set for sure!

Anyway, don't get your hopes so high because of leaks. Remember what happened to Chrom and his supporters? He was 100% confirmed by Gematsu and guess what happened?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I don't blame you. Many including myself have been there since the shadow thing. I'm optimistic that we don't know the full roster yet, might as well hold out until the end.

also all this is real

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw
Screw Ridley. All I want to know now is what the hell Grass is supposed to do as an item.

Oh, that would be horrendous. I would...say angry words on the internet.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The album confirms that is was made for ESRB considering the content in the pictures. So they were only showing off what they had to. In my mind, I think they held out on some characters for the chance of those images getting leaked like they did. Which would explain why Ridley would be totally omitted from them. Shulk being expected explains why they weren't worried about his potential leak. Bowser Jr is the one that gets me for this theory. Why would they show him off if there was doubt of his inclusion? My only guess is they thought using a machine in battle would make it more violent or in other words something the ESRB would have to see.

And now we have a leak confirming that the All Stars Mode is locked.

I know it's off topic but I feel like Ridley's chances have skyrocketed even more with this leak seeming very likely ESPECIALLY with this locked All Star Mode picture.

Edit: Also the album shows a trophy that shows a koopaling in the bowser kart. That could further prove the leak that says Ridley is going to be in.
Child abuse? who knows sometimes this ratings tend to get to the silly levels.

Screw Ridley. All I want to know now is what the hell Grass is supposed to do as an item.
Get you high?

Last edited:
Top Bottom