• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
This is pretty much what we're betting on at this point.

I've maintained that leaks that don't show the entire roster don't really affect Ridley, as we know he's in the game in some form

This leak is legit, but if the all star thing is right, doesn't have the full roster. This means Ridley's chances are unchanged.
I can't help but be frightened at his chances, despite none of it affecting any of it. I'm scared. Hug me Phaazoid. And let's hope that the "speculation" part of the Ninka leak turns out to be true.

So the big one finally came. (no idea how people doubt these vids btw) He (the video leaker) said there were more. Let's hope Sakurai doesn't like stage bosses enough to tease for an entire year.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Leaker confirmed via Reddit that there are more characters, Ridley was part of the extended version of the Ninka leak so he's one of four survivors at this point. To give some context it basically boils down to someone either guessing Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr and Dark Pit being in the game, or his information was legit and Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Kids are actually in, all things considered the latter scenario still sounds fairly likely.

Of course even when we finally do get a legit leak Ridley's fate still isn't sealed, it's almost comical at this point.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Welp. I'm just gonna say I can finally form an opinion on Ridley. I think he's in.
The leak that included him described Bowser Jr just as he appears in the leak. The leak is real now, so... This ride is almost at its end, eh?

My reaction?

EDIT: I like how when I finally believe everyone else starts getting cautious. lol
Thats a good point and might actually be the best proof of confirmation that we have for Ridley beeing playable. However, also please considere this: That text leak might have been from someone who knew the current real leak, but decided to add stuff to it just to screw with people. Just saying, thats another way it could have gone.

But yeah, Ridleys chances just increased dramatically.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is pretty much what we're betting on at this point.

I've maintained that leaks that don't show the entire roster don't really affect Ridley, as we know he's in the game in some form

This leak is legit, but if the all star thing is right, doesn't have the full roster. This means Ridley's chances are unchanged.
Yeah I'm kind of hoping it is. Just for the sake of a few more surprises. But I honestly am satisfied with the most of the roster. So Ridley would be the proverbial icing on the metaphorical cake of Smash 4's roster to me.

Still, I suppose there's a chance that he's actually a boss. Which is what Sakurai was hinting at. Though it'd seem weird to hype up a boss as opposed to a playable character. But I'm sure you've heard that discussion plenty of times.

D

Deleted member 245254

Leaker confirmed via Reddit that there are more characters, Ridley was part of the extended version of the Ninka leak so he's one of four survivors at this point. To give some context it basically boils down to someone either guessing Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr and Dark Pit being in the game, or his information was legit and Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Kids are actually in, all things considered the latter scenario still sounds fairly likely.

Of course even when we finally do get a legit leak Ridley's fate still isn't sealed, it's almost comical at this point.
I think it's the opposite actually.

The mod in conjunction with being corroborated by the leaker himself stated that there will be more characters, but characters that "you would never expect".

Ridley seems far from unexpected given this thread. T'would seem like this is his nail in the coffin really...

Last edited by a moderator:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
So the big one finally came. (no idea how people doubt these vids btw) He (the video leaker) said there were more. Let's hope Sakurai doesn't like stage bosses enough to tease for an entire year.
Easy : I saw someone making a Brawl mod looking just as good, but with a different character. Ridley is still not out of this anyway. I mean come on... even IF he was a stage boss, there is NO WAY they would only make him appear in the Wii U version... meaning the leaker should have access to the info whether or not pyrosphere is in this, or even have played it before... if he isn't an unlockable character, that is.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice

The mod in conjunction with being corroborated by the leaker himself stated that there will be more characters, but characters that "you would never expect".

Ridley seems far from unexpected given this thread. T'would seem like this is his nail in the coffin really...
Depends on the perception of the leaker. Ridley is a character that is also very much denied by alot of people, kind of like R.O.B was during Brawls time.

Just a reminder The Ninka/Vaanrose did not predict Ridley in anyway. Ridley was added on by the Leak group as it fit with other leaks and info they had. The 4chan leak separate from Ninka is the one with Ridley. Vaanrose gets mad when the leak is misquoted ;)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

The leakers that have leaked these pictures and videos don't actually know what characters are missing, they just know that All-Star was locked because of missing characters.

Black-chestnut

Smash Rookie

well to some ridley would be unexpected i mean just look at all the haters out there

D

Deleted member 245254

The leakers that have leaked these pictures and videos don't actually know what characters are missing, they just know that All-Star was locked because of missing characters.
They don't know the exact characters missing, but according to the Nintendo rep (essentially, the horses mouth), they are characters we wouldn't expect. Unfortunately that does not encompass Ridley, as it stands.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Actually, I think that leak you're mentioning is also real because it mentions Jr having a Clown Car. It popped up way earlier than the image and video leak, so it had to have some inside information. So Ridley is still very safe - actually, I think by association Ridley is also practically confirmed.
Not that he wasn't anyway (눈u눈)
though seriously those of you who are worried are being silly. We've already been through the vague statement "confirming" him as a "boss character". Why should we stop now?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Idk, Ridley has been teased almost exclusively as a boss. Something unexpected is entirely subjective, Sakurai/Nintendo could think they have the majority of people convinced he's a hazard.

Actually, I think that leak you're mentioning is also real because it mentions Jr having a Clown Car. It popped up way earlier than the image and video leak, so it had to have some inside information. So Ridley is still very safe - actually, I think by association Ridley is also practically confirmed.
Not that he wasn't anyway
I would really appreciate a link to the guy who talks about koopa kar bowser jr and says Ridley is in, because I've never seen it, and it would be the biggest thing for Ridley being in the game I've seen yet.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
They don't know the exact characters missing, but according to the Nintendo rep (essentially, the horses mouth), they are characters we wouldn't expect. Unfortunately that does not encompass Ridley, as it stands.
The Nintendo rep thing? That was a misunderstanding as far as I know with Neo mixing up several contacts he had, the Nintendo rep never actually replied last I heard.

Not that he wasn't anyway
The most important thing is that it also popped up before the Ninka leak's proof was exposed as a whole, which were Brawl costumes matching the E3 costumes. Either they're in or the leaker just put them on his leak to mess with us, that's the two options as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
I can't help but be frightened at his chances, despite none of it affecting any of it. I'm scared. Hug me Phaazoid. And let's hope that the "speculation" part of the Ninka leak turns out to be true.
Yea we need to stay on the ground.
The ninka leak seems to be confirmed, however Ridley is ONLY mentioned under the speculation part.

Does anyone know where this part comes from?
How credible is it?

CJReynz1492

Smash Rookie
I don't understand. I'm not trolling. I'm not even saying Ridley isn't in. I'm debating the severity of his "teasing", which I believe is relevant to the level of expectation you should have for his inclusion.
I just don't know why you can't grasp the concept that Sakurai is a master of redirection and mind games. Just look at the palutena instance. He had her as a statue in a kid Icarus stage, and pulled that pseudo-palutena stunt during the direct. I feel like you're response to that would be something like "how is he implying anything?..he's just showing off a stage and trying to be funny with the trophy gimmick, but how was he in anyway hinting at her playability?" Bam. E3 playable palutena.

There's also the simple fact that I'm sure you've been explained before that Sakurai (it seems) doesn't like dragging characters along and deconfirms them as playable rather quickly especially if there is confusion (Chrom's deconfirmation). He also doesn't mention characters by name, nor show them till their roles are confirmed.

Which leads me to my final point. Why in ****s name would Sakurai jerk around one of if not the biggest fanbase of any character for this long without some sort of pay off? Sakurai likes to give us what we (the hardcore community) want. Just look at all the **** he's catered towards our group in this rendition of smash. He also knows how popular Ridley is so why tease him as a stage hazard? It just doesn't make sense. I'm not guaranteeing anything, I just personally don't see where you're coming from. There's no way Sakurai doesn't know how much controversy that shadow/his vague Potd's has caused, and he could have cleared it up with everyone quite easily by now. So to me, if Ridely turned out to be an NPC, I think that would be just a down right malevelant move on his part.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yea we need to stay on the ground.
The ninka leak seems to be confirmed, however Ridley is ONLY mentioned under the speculation part.

Does anyone know where this part comes from?
How credible is it?
Idk at this point xD. We just need to keep our heads. It's not over 'till it's over

Hold the line soldier! The leaker confirmed on reddit that there's more to come! Don't give up until Sakurai personally reaches down your throat and rips out your heart!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My first time I come to this topic, and I'm quite regretting I wasn't much earlier, especially for the OP because we were actively best buddies.

#PurpleSpaceDragonofDoom

I really, really hope he shows up Oaster, Chrono, and all of you long-time fans waiting for him since Melee's intro.

It'll be like the whole earth is consumed in darkness... as Ridley takes over...

(Anyway, remember what the Leaker said in Reddit: this ain't the final roster.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

The Nintendo rep thing? That was a misunderstanding as far as I know with Neo mixing up several contacts he had, the Nintendo rep never actually replied last I heard.
...except the leaker himself flat-out confirmed the statement was true.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Hold the line soldier! The leaker confirmed on reddit that there's more to come! Don't give up until Sakurai personally reaches down your throat and rips out your heart!
Y-yes Phaazoid...thanks...
We w-will....We will NOT stop! We are the Ridley support thread! Our thread size is unmatched, and our hopes Strong! It only ends when the cunning god of death comes and takes us away himself!
ALL HAIL RIDLEY

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Gonna maybe rethink my previous statement. I misread something regarding the leaks and mixed up two statements. I apologize.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
If not for all the humble pie I'm filling up on tonight, I'd be whipping out the emergency popcorn for the fallout.

Ridley still stands it seems though. Things are heating up.

Steelia

Smash Champion
This. If those video reveals are anything to go by, multiple leakers with similar info (Bowser Jr., Shulk, Dr. Mario, DHD, etc.) have listed Ridley (and Mewtwo) as being heavily implied playable characters, probably with more difficult unlocking criteria. Sakurai included chars like Mega Man and Sonic specifically due to fan demand, according to interviews - we're not done yet.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Warning Received
As much as I would just LOVE that to happen, that just seems impossible with the videos. They COULD be animated, they COULD be hacks, but that just sounds ludicrous to me at this point. :(
If someone made that Bowser Jr, they've surely got to be getting a job offer from Nintendo soon.

We've either talking the all time greatest fake leak, or this is the real deal.

The real question now is who is going to fill out that roster.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
......Ridley's and Mewtwo's chances of being included have taken a huge toll today....;~;
The first leaker said that there's more to come. At the very least, that's one more character by the sounds of it. There was a corresponding leak stating that Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, and The Chorus Kids were playable. Though that second leak isn't 100% confirmed to be true, it's the only other leak that seems to go hand in hand with the current one that is most likely true.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
......Ridley's and Mewtwo's chances of being included have taken a huge toll today....;~;
That's strange to say. This hasn't affected them in anyway yet. In only confirms most of what we have seen so far - and even then, the leaker said that this isn't the final roster.

Your battles ain't over yet.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Man the leaked video must really be affecting the other threads badly. There's not THAT much going on here, but the whole site is crashing. ;_;

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Ok, I think Ridley would be a stupid huge inclusion because HE'S TOO BIG I know you all hate that argument but that's my opinion. But this new revealed roster sucks balls. Seeing Ridley confirmed would deconfirm that crap...so...

LETS GO RIDLEY LETS GO

R-I-D-L-E-Y!

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
As much as I would just LOVE that to happen, that just seems impossible with the videos. They COULD be animated, they COULD be hacks, but that just sounds ludicrous to me at this point. :(
The characters move like Ghirahim brawl mods...this leak doesn't have an impacxt on Ridleys chances until the second Sakruai himself says "**** we failed" or "ridley is a boss", do not lose hope. Also
Shulk literally has sword in stone and dolphin slash...calling fake. All replies to that as personal messages please.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Warning Received
Man the leaked video must really be affecting the other threads badly. There's not THAT much going on here, but the whole site is crashing. ;_;
Can't help but imagine that Shulk fans are having a well deserved parade. Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog threads have got to be getting post like crazy too.

Top Bottom