• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
http://imgur.com/0qcPBAr
the mother****ing leaker aka the guy who posted the original css pics posted a cypher and said if you solve it you will see the remaining characters. The imgur link is apparently it.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I didn't want to talk about the leak but, damn, it is important if we are talking about Ridley's chances now.

So let's consider this: Someone did say that the leaked roster isn't complete yet, here:

Now think about it: would they really leave those free space for the dlc characters? No, because not everyone is going to buy the dlc (I'm probably not), and there is no need to put emptey spaces for them. So, that means that there is still room for new characters (with dlc added latter). And considering the amount of teasing and all, Ridley is definitely in one of those free spaces. thats my thought.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
YARR! LADDIES!
This picture has surfaced, here is the Reddit link.
The end of our suffering might very well be in sight! To ensure that this piece of information isn't fake, we must try and find out if that picture has been used before! Go, you scurvy planetlubbers! Fight on and make your cunning god proud!

Mind you it may very well still be fake.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
YARR! LADDIES!
This picture has surfaced, here is the Reddit link.
The end of our suffering might very well be in sight! To ensure that this piece of information isn't fake, we must try and find out if that picture has been used before! Go, you scurvy planetlubbers! Fight on and make your cunning god proud!

Mind you it may very well still be fake.
This is all getting a bit silly.

Imagine if a picture of Ridley in game did emerge though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
http://imgur.com/0qcPBAr
the mother****ing leaker aka the guy who posted the original css pics posted a cypher and said if you solve it you will see the remaining characters. The imgur link is apparently it.
Wouldn't completely trust this guy yet considering he punked us once already. I also still don't believe anyone simply associated with the ESRB would know the last remaining characters.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
...I can't even bring myself to admonish you filth sacks now. Leaks are false until corroborated by an official source, we ALL should know this. Hell, the only leaks that should EVER be handled as if they might be the real thing are the ones that come within a week or so of the street date. And even THEN you need to remember that video can be edited, ROMs can be hacked, and any number of other things in this internet age. :facepalm:

Yes, that means insofar as I'm concerned, even if this new spitstain "reveals" Ridley is in and playable, I'm not believing a word of it until Sakurai states otherwise or I have the game in my hands to check for myself. We have 14 PotD left and three weeks that a Direct or trailer could come up in. Please don't debase yourself to believing what is most likely a troll preying on hysteria in the long wait for official word. :urg:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I guess like the previous time stuff was leaked?
Also, if you've seen the Imgur album, then you've probably seen a lot of shots of beautiful curves parts of women. It's ESBR, they are specifically supposed to rate that stuff. Ridley sadly lacks these parts. Why Shulk and Dark Pit and everyone else is included, I don't know.

Eh. It's happened before. Things never really go right. Besides, not all the information is available in that build (if it works that way?). Maybe they even purposely left it out. There are still surprises left.
yes, i noticed the... undeniable presence of ass in those pictures.

but i'd rather see a big purple dragon, not some naked girl's ass! who cares about that when ridley's fate is on the line, here?!

With rage... LITERAL RAGE. Nintendo is probably pulling there hairs out with all this commotion and Sakurai is most likely crying now that all of his hard work is ruined. :\

This is why I hate leakers. It ruins everything.
yeah, it is kind of sad... i almost feel bad for sakurai... except for the fact that ganondorf is still a clone.

because of that, i want sakurai's biggest surprise, ridley, to be revealed... NOW!

im tired of waiting... my hype has turned into hatred and despair... im done waiting!

ridley's playability is the ONLY thing that can save this for me.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
What if this is all the work of a master troll. Like, this could be someone's master piece. They seem to be suggesting they may have been behind the Palutena leak: Palutena render

That is a nice render. I think this is real, but nobody should be celebrating Ridley yet, particularly without seeing him. Don't start the Ridley Party just yet.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Wouldn't completely trust this guy yet considering he punked us once already. I also still don't believe anyone simply associated with the ESRB would know the last remaining characters.
This is true. Also, the guy has made that one fake Palutena leak as PeterJude just pointed out. He might very well might have photoshopped that picture.

yes, i noticed the... undeniable presence of *** in those pictures.

but i'd rather see a big purple dragon, not some naked girl's ***! who cares about that when ridley's fate is on the line, here?!
My libido cares.

...I can't even bring myself to admonish you filth sacks now. Leaks are false until corroborated by an official source, we ALL should know this. Hell, the only leaks that should EVER be handled as if they might be the real thing are the ones that come within a week or so of the street date. And even THEN you need to remember that video can be edited, ROMs can be hacked, and any number of other things in this internet age. :facepalm:

Yes, that means insofar as I'm concerned, even if this new spitstain "reveals" Ridley is in and playable, I'm not believing a word of it until Sakurai states otherwise or I have the game in my hands to check for myself. We have 14 PotD left and three weeks that a Direct or trailer could come up in. Please don't debase yourself to believing what is most likely a troll preying on hysteria in the long wait for official word. :urg:
Yeah yeah, calm down. All hail Ridley and all that jazz.
Let's just wait this one out, laddies.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
So, am I the only one here who is still 100% sure Ridley will be playable? Dont get down for some stupid leaks xDDD I mean wasnt even those leaks the one that confirmed Ridley?

RIDLEY IS HERE, YOU WILL SEE! IMNOT CRAZY O_O

xDDDD Nah really, just relax. We will soon know the truth, and I bet everything on Ridley´s pressence as playable

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Goddamn, the tension is so real I can't even like a comment without the server exploding in my face.

Either way, I hope that Ridley is in regardless, and/or a future PotD debunks the living **** out of that leak.

Sigh, go team Fake indeed. Bah humbug.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I am really starting to think this is all a trap. If this guy way back when you whip up that Palutena leak, imagine what could be achieved given the time, Brawl hacks and enough of an inclination.

It seems pretty much unthinkable, but we've not seen renders for a few of these mentioned characters (notably Ridley), and the only ones we've seen in game are Bowser Jr, Lucina and Shulk. If this guy has the talent to make that Palutena render, given the chance for the whole "long game" on such a leak it's entirely feasible that he could have put together a working Bowser Jr, a polished Lucina and Shulk and been "leaking" similar leaks for a while to get a story out there to "confirm" with information he's started spreading around.

Throw in the obvious attempts at trolling with the whole DLC thing, the "errors on purpose" that have apparently been done if some are to be believed, and the Palutena render and it seems highly suspicious. Why would someone who would have access to Nintendo's ESRB video (if that's what was sent) be so damn talented as to be able to make the Palutena render.

I don't know, maybe they're seperate people and this has all been mixed up, but if they are that ridiculously talented and keen on messing with people, it's not beyond the realms of possibility here.

I think we should keep Ridley's fireworks display safely away in the cupboard until we've got some more information still. It seems too much to be faked, but we don't want Ridley's "confirmation" (the weakest of all these leaks to be honest) to go the way of Chrom's.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I am really starting to think this is all a trap. If this guy way back when you whip up that Palutena leak, imagine what could be achieved given the time, Brawl hacks and enough of an inclination.

It seems pretty much unthinkable, but we've not seen renders for a few of these mentioned characters (notably Ridley), and the only ones we've seen in game are Bowser Jr, Lucina and Shulk. If this guy has the talent to make that Palutena render, given the chance for the whole "long game" on such a leak it's entirely feasible that he could have put together a working Bowser Jr, a polished Lucina and Shulk and been "leaking" similar leaks for a while to get a story out there to "confirm" with information he's started spreading around.

Throw in the obvious attempts at trolling with the whole DLC thing, the "errors on purpose" that have apparently been done if some are to be believed, and the Palutena render and it seems highly suspicious. Why would someone who would have access to Nintendo's ESRB video (if that's what was sent) be so damn talented as to be able to make the Palutena render.

I don't know, maybe they're seperate people and this has all been mixed up, but if they are that ridiculously talented and keen on messing with people, it's not beyond the realms of possibility here.

I think we should keep Ridley's fireworks display safely away in the cupboard until we've got some more information still. It seems too much to be faked, but we don't want Ridley's "confirmation" (the weakest of all these leaks to be honest) to go the way of Chrom's.
The beauty of it all is that we're probably getting Ridley either way, even if we are wrong!

PeterJude

Smash Ace
The beauty of it all is that we're probably getting Ridley either way, even if we are wrong!
Whilst I don't really mind who's on the roster, this is now just heating up in such a manner. Ignoring the leaks Ridley is almost certainly in, and with the leaks it seems to be going the same way. I just can't shake that feeling that a troll who tends to release huge caches of leaked images and video at once, has potentially previously made a fake Palutena render and has potentially admitted to doing things to screw with us (the DLC) is not to be entirely trusted, even with this dump of information.

Oh well, as you say though, in terms of Ridley he looks pretty soild either way.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
bruv its not even funny....please tell me what stupid f-u-c-ktard pr-1ck **** sucking peice of ****ing **** 1. Changes Bowser \ Yoshi & Other chars but leaves Ganondorf the exact ****ing same peice of useless trash....ow my lord....my brain is going to explode... 2. Doesnt bring back a character that is the most requested in the world (hes not even a ****ing newcomer for god sakes......) & you bring back Dr. Mario!!!!!!!! (0_0) ow my........im shaking....im litreally shaking...if i booted up the game in my very hands and saw this i still wouldnt believe because its so ****ing stupid my brain cant comprehend this ****ing ****........ok i understand people have different opnions/likes & dislikes and there for make different choices/descions BUT..... WHQSGYNB what logic reason does this follow? RealTalk someone please tell me....if someone told 2 mondays will happen within 6 days its my same reaction i had today when i stumbled across thiss Hippodon **** of a leak....what a ****ing ******....Kid icarus gets 3 Reps...what a ****ing joke.....Bias at its finest...teases Ridley till release to maintain hype for sales only to not be playable....it had to be GameFreak/Pokemon Companys choice to explicity not have Mew2 return because even a ****ing drunk homeless heroin addict would have know its nothing but the most logical best choice...hes not even a new character for ****sake...i have 0 ****ing respect for that f-uc-ktard Sakurai can eat a ****ind **** he ****ed up all my mains he choke on a d-i-c-k if he think i should be greatful G&W & Wario are back (my other mains) skipping the 3DS Version & getting the WiiU version second hand bas-tard i cant believe my ****ing eyes im mad because the way this thing was handled more than the actual thing if he deconfirm Mew2Ridley last year straight away fine...but he used us he didnt respect F-UC-K H-I-M RealTalk ****ing ******* ****ing ban me dont give a ****ing **** prick can choke on my ****ind D1k.
If I were you, I'd try to calm myself down and maybe try to stay away from Smashboards and the subreddit for a while if you don't want to hear more about the leaks. Despite the leak, very little is still known about the game in terms of depth. Ganondorf's moveset might still be a Falcon clone, but he may also be closer to his more potent Melee incarnation. Ridley may still be in it. Hell, a whole lot of other characters still have a chance. This is not worth beating yourself up over, and ending your life is one of the worst options available.

In other words: don't give up. The best case scenario rarely ever comes along, you know. Even if your most wanted thing has been relentlessly teased only to be shown to not be in the game, move along. Buy the game, or don't out of spite. But whatever you do, don't ever give up.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
This is quite the roller coaster for Ridley supporters! Mainly because most of our immediate hope now hinges on a guy who trolled us with that list of DLC characters.

But even if he is trolling, Ridley's still got a great shot thanks to the July 27 4chan leak (and the other one that appeared at the same time, but I forgot where).

Heck, even if the July 27 leak is fake, Ridley's still got a great shot due to all the wonderful reasoning presented over 1664 pages of this thread!

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
bruv its not even funny....please tell me what stupid f-u-c-ktard pr-1ck **** sucking peice of ****ing **** 1. Changes Bowser \ Yoshi & Other chars but leaves Ganondorf the exact ****ing same peice of useless trash....ow my lord....my brain is going to explode... 2. Doesnt bring back a character that is the most requested in the world (hes not even a ****ing newcomer for god sakes......) & you bring back Dr. Mario!!!!!!!! (0_0) ow my........im shaking....im litreally shaking...if i booted up the game in my very hands and saw this i still wouldnt believe because its so ****ing stupid my brain cant comprehend this ****ing ****........ok i understand people have different opnions/likes & dislikes and there for make different choices/descions BUT..... WHQSGYNB what logic reason does this follow? RealTalk someone please tell me....if someone told 2 mondays will happen within 6 days its my same reaction i had today when i stumbled across thiss Hippodon **** of a leak....what a ****ing ******....Kid icarus gets 3 Reps...what a ****ing joke.....Bias at its finest...teases Ridley till release to maintain hype for sales only to not be playable....it had to be GameFreak/Pokemon Companys choice to explicity not have Mew2 return because even a ****ing drunk homeless heroin addict would have know its nothing but the most logical best choice...hes not even a new character for ****sake...i have 0 ****ing respect for that f-uc-ktard Sakurai can eat a ****ind **** he ****ed up all my mains he choke on a d-i-c-k if he think i should be greatful G&W & Wario are back (my other mains) skipping the 3DS Version & getting the WiiU version second hand bas-tard i cant believe my ****ing eyes im mad because the way this thing was handled more than the actual thing if he deconfirm Mew2Ridley last year straight away fine...but he used us he didnt respect F-UC-K H-I-M RealTalk ****ing ******* ****ing ban me dont give a ****ing **** prick can choke on my ****ind D1k.
Two words. Chill. Out.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
If the leaker is right, then he better get proof that Ridley is in right away. If he could get footage of Bowser Jr. Then he can get proof of Ridley too. Please. I just want to know that Ridley is in for sure.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I haven't seen this with my own eyes, but several people told me All-Star mode was locked. So that supports more locked characters.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wow, this is so crazy. It's somewhat the same in the Isaac forum. NO indication of him being in yet as well. In a way, we all are in this together. Not a supporter of Ridley, but I would actually like to see him playable. It would be cool.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

The ESRB leak video is real, are you really suggesting than all that models from the trophy pics, shulk and bowser jr animations and the recreation of the stages where they fight are made by one person? to me this VERY unlikely.

The thing is that the original leaker (or leakers) could have watched the video and thanks to that know shulk and bowser jr details, and added the other fighters that haven't been shown (if they were on the video we probably would already seen something of them) if they added them from legit sources, or to troll, or as educated guesses, thats everyone guess.

I agree with this. while we are certainly in better shape than almost any other uncorfirmed character, we don't have undeniable proof yet.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Its a pity these leaks aren't from the Wii U version. Pyrosphere gameplay would solve a lot of issues. But everything's is WAY too conflicting right now. I have no idea what to believe.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Well my hopes have sky rocketed but I'm not just going to blindly believe it. Didn't he make the fake DLC leak because he wanted to see who would piggyback off of it? This very well could be it. Hold on to your butts.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm busy messing around with image manipulation detector stuff right now. Apparently some guy did that with the CSS leak, and he found nothing, which indicated that the picture wasn't tampered with.
Keep high hopes for Ridley but take everything with a grain of salt, I'll see what I can do for our poor aching hearts.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
The characters move like Ghirahim brawl mods...this leak doesn't have an impacxt on Ridleys chances until the second Sakruai himself says "**** we failed" or "ridley is a boss", do not lose hope. Also
Shulk literally has sword in stone and dolphin slash...calling fake. All replies to that as personal messages please.
I noticed a few things, too. Shulk's down smash is identical to Roy's in Project M, minus the flames.

Ok, I think Ridley would be a stupid huge inclusion because HE'S TOO BIG I know you all hate that argument but that's my opinion. But this new revealed roster sucks balls. Seeing Ridley confirmed would deconfirm that crap...so...

LETS GO RIDLEY LETS GO

R-I-D-L-E-Y!
Wow...I don't believe what I'm seeing here. A common detractor going past his opinion to support us! Is this actually real? Has it really become this big of a deal?

But you know what, whatever. We're glad to have you cheering for Ridley! Any support from anyone is very much welcomed! :happysheep:

Last edited:

Dragalon

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
can i also admit that if these newer leaks are true this roster is absolutely perfect for me, I'm not even mad about the clones if these are true, come on based sakuria don't let us down!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
b26.png
Well, I'm beyond pissed that Ganondorf is unchanged, that Dark Pit is a newcomer, and Dr. Mario was deemed a more appropriate fighter than Paper Mario.

But hey, at least Ridley's not disconfirmed.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Paper Mario would have to be a completely new character, while Dr. Mario is just a reused Melee char. Don't get the people mad about his inclusion.

I also can't believe some think the leak is fake/a Brawl mod. Denial at maximum levels. huh?

Oh well, hoping that thing about Ridley, Dixie, Mach Rider and Impa is legit. Don't care about Impa, but Ridley, Dixie and Mach Rider would be hype.

Top Bottom