• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh well, it couldn't be ALL of the characters. Still, that Ganondorf looks exactly like in Brawl and not like on the render. Weird.

Just teasing. For year. Without any real answer (no, shadow doesn't counts, only deconfirmation exactly like Waluigi's, Dark Samus', Skull Kid's, etc, deconfirmation). We don't know as what exactly he was teased. That is the problem.
Yep. Ridley has NOT been teased as a playable character. He has been teased as a boss. Our "evidence" comes in other forms.

Obviously not getting dragonite but how could anyone pick him over garchomp anyway
RIDLEY!
On topic, please.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Can someone please explain to me how showing his shadow once during a narration about "other" bosses counts as teasing him to be playable for a year? The one other time he was simply mentioned in words was even more implied to be a boss than the April direct showing was, in a way that basically can't be misconstrued.

There is no damn teasing for his playability! He has been referenced twice, once in writing talking about a Pyrosphere trait, the next in a clip during the bit about stage bosses.

In all forms of rationality this does not equate to Sakurai teasing Ridley as a playable character in any sense of the word, especially not for "a year"!

Stop using that as a supporting argument. It's false. It's 100% a mockery of fact.
You've forced me to take action, as you've crossed the line yet again... @ IsmaR IsmaR @--- I need your help in controlling this!

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Stay on topic guys, or I'll have to start handing out warnings.

I would also advise not coming to a thread just to poke fun at its inhabitants, it's not something I or the forum rules take lightly.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Stay on topic guys, or I'll have to start handing out warnings.

I would also advise not coming to a thread just to poke fun at its inhabitants, it's not something I or the forum rules take lightly.
Yes, please @Zipzo! It's as if you never listen to that one simple thing!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yes, please @Zipzo! It's as if you never listen to that one simple thing!
Aura, stop that.

Either way, I'm actua-
Holy crap look

Theres no stopping that leak now.
I already said that. Don't discuss it.

As I was going to say, I actually like having Zipzo around. It helps with preparing for the possibility of a nasty blow that is the deconfirmation. Anti-hype has its uses you know.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, now our only hope is that not all charcaters were shown on character selection screen. Otherwise, meh, we lost, blah blah, wait for next game. Im not going to panic or something. Gotta go back to my project then. Anyway, stop this discussion and go back to Ridley. Either character himself or area where he lives.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

You've forced me to take action, as you've crossed the line yet again... @ IsmaR IsmaR @--- I need your help in controlling this!
I don't understand. I'm not trolling. I'm not even saying Ridley isn't in. I'm debating the severity of his "teasing", which I believe is relevant to the level of expectation you should have for his inclusion.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Off topic leak discussion/Warning Received
[collapse=Offtopic]
Alright, it would happen some time anyway without my intervention, so let me be the bringer of the off topic news, and let's NOT discuss it here: video footage of leak.

Do not discuss here. There is still hope for Ridley, I repeat, there is still hope.
Well... that's what I wanted to see... video evidence... and its... its... ugh. :cry: [/collapse]

Well it's coming down to the wire and we need to get something soon from Sakurai to avoid anymore leaked information. Seriously Sakurai, I don't want to see your game get spoiled before you do. Please, reveal someone, ANYONE.

[collapse=Offtopic #2]It just pisses me off that this was being discussed behind closed doors by the mods and others. Why the hell didn't anyone tell us this about the leak. Send a link to the thread or something. But NO, you guys have been beating behind the bushes about this and just tiptoeing information of the leaks legitimacy. Really, that pisses me off. [/collapse]

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I mean obviously ridley is a dragon type so it's related *cough*
He completly owns Jigglypuff, resistant to Fire and something else and and is weak to Ice, Electric and Water attacks*. So, he isn't...right? Anyway, barely related and not-so-barely related stuff is off-topic. Only Ridley isn't.
*In Brawl only.
Mewtwo as well.
I disagree with this part of your post. He has nothing going for him. Greninja doesn't counts because it is clear that it is not Mewtwo (he is upside-down, that is already something). But that doesn't means his chances are 0. He was cut in Brawl ONLY because of time constraints or whatever.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I don't understand. I'm not trolling. I'm not even saying Ridley isn't in. I'm debating the severity of his "teasing", which I believe is relevant to the level of expectation you should have for his inclusion.
Still, the tone in which you debunk our evidence makes us look and feel very inferior, and sometimes violated. Saying it's 100% fake or whatever sounds strongly biased and one-sided IMO.

Besides, do you really want Ridley, one of the most iconic Nintendo villains, to be a Wii U exclusive boss? I doubt we'll be getting a 3DS Pyrosphere at this point.

Last edited:

Black-chestnut

Smash Rookie
Holy crap look

Theres no stopping that leak now.
ok so the leak is real but this does not kill ridley's chance there are 5 unlockables in the leaked pics so ridley is most likely one of them i mean think of this you are playing for first time and you don't know what the hidden characters are and then you see that new challenger with ridley's shadow so many people would be shocked because they thought that he was a boss think about it

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Last edited:
Warning Received
I know the leak discussion should be in another board, but I assume that the leak is not the real one.

I was speculate if any of representatives enemy appear in smash run ex: If Goomba appears then Mario should be in the roster
-There is image of Polar Bear in SSB DOJO 3ds section, then it is likely that Ice Climbers return as playable character
Second- About the Red Team Victory screen, I was skeptical that there is few or even NONE screenshot of team victory, so I think it remain debatable. p.s:judging by Sakurai's personality, he would not just make such a simple victory screen that shows only one character
-Third, Bowser Jr's image looks surprisingly familiar.

They are just my speculations not being a hater or something

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Ridley heads.PNG

Sometimes I worry to myself if these gijinka's or whatever are actually any good
I've got like 0 competition seeing Human*izations of Ridley are as rare as...uh... very rare thing.

But be honest with me are these actually any good?
How'd you do them?

* Well they have sharp teeth and elf ears maybe I've just made them Manaketes from Fire Emblem.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Can you show exactly what you mean?
This. Note that it's under "speculation". Take everything with a grain of salt.

View attachment 22979

Sometimes I worry to myself if these gijinka's or whatever are actually any good
I've got like 0 competition seeing Human*izations of Ridley are as rare as...uh... very rare thing.

But be honest with me are these actually any good?
How'd you do them?

* Well they have sharp teeth and elf ears maybe I've just made them Manaketes from Fire Emblem.
I feel that they might need to be...pointier. The characters overall, or at least Leftley, to fit with the design.

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
They already told us not to talk about the leaks here, but in any case dont believe any of them lol.

About RIDLEY and this tease its pretty simple. Lets sum it up

-Ridley is important/demanded by fans (This place is a fine example xD)
-Sakurai checks internet sources, he easily knows the "ITS TOO BIG" is probably the most recurring excuse for haters
-Sakurai has always disconfirm characters whenever they are hinted, you already know the list
-Sakurai is athe master troll

So, mix this. Sakurai hints us, making the world believe Ridley is a boss WITHOUT SAYING he is a boss. This makes up for the tease, people wanting him playable, haters wanting him as an hazzard/boss but not diconfirming him cause he didnt say his name nor showed more pics of him (Not even his design) and then the trolling is served.

Is that simple, if he was a simple stage hazzard why wouldnt he had said it in the first place? Like really, one entire year teasing with him and the end nothing? That seems unlikely, or at least 100 times more unlikely than him not being playable at this point.

We already know Ridley is in the game, and we have a lot of reasons for thinking he should be playable (Important to Metroid, iconic villain, Important to Nintendo, Demanded by fans, Metroid needs more representation at smash...). Plus, the classic "Its too big" argument doesnt stand a chance anymore, its countered heavily everywhere, and Sakurai was only scared of making him SLOW not big, according to what he said for Brawl

They already told us not to talk about the leaks here, but in any case dont believe any of them lol.

About RIDLEY and this tease its pretty simple. Lets sum it up

-Ridley is important/demanded by fans (This place is a fine example xD)
-Sakurai checks internet sources, he easily knows the "ITS TOO BIG" is probably the most recurring excuse for haters
-Sakurai has always disconfirm characters whenever they are hinted, you already know the list
-Sakurai is athe master troll

So, mix this. Sakurai hints us, making the world believe Ridley is a boss WITHOUT SAYING he is a boss. This makes up for the tease, people wanting him playable, haters wanting him as an hazzard/boss but not diconfirming him cause he didnt say his name nor showed more pics of him (Not even his design) and then the trolling is served.

Is that simple, if he was a simple stage hazzard why wouldnt he had said it in the first place? Like really, one entire year teasing with him and the end nothing? That seems unlikely, or at least 100 times more unlikely than him not being playable at this point.

We already know Ridley is in the game, and we have a lot of reasons for thinking he should be playable (Important to Metroid, iconic villain, Important to Nintendo, Demanded by fans, Metroid needs more representation at smash...). Plus, the classic "Its too big" argument doesnt stand a chance anymore, its countered heavily everywhere, and Sakurai was only scared of making him SLOW not big, according to what he said for Brawl
Agree with you! I really think that Nintendo does have time to be unique or stylish since Nintendo really needs to please as many fans as possible to earn back fame and $$.

Also, if Sakurai really has guts to deconfirm some other popular requests, how not Ridley the most request character since melee?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Why can't we discuss the leak? It obviously has relation to whether or not Ridley is in the game or not.

Anyways, as always Ridley is one of those guys caught in between, he's literally one of four other characters that are possibly in (others being Chorus Kids, Dixie and Mewtwo), so we'll see.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Its better to start give warnings to those who doesn't stops leak discussion (yes, i included my personal opinion on the leak situation, but it wasn't just about it and i am not continuing it...). That is a better way to stop them.
Why can't we discuss the leak? It obviously has relation to whether or not Ridley is in the game or not.
Not really. It doesn't affects him anyhow. And if moderators say you shouldn't, you shouldn't. Don't doubt them or question/whatever their logic. I really don't like leak discussion in Ridley thread too. Because of it, this thread flies off the cliff and unless we want it to crash land on the bottom of the pit this cliff leads to, we should not continue it. Please, moderators, stop it. At any cost. We have a separate thread for that, so, anyone who wants to discuss this leak must go to http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/page-118

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I remember someone saying that this leaker didn't unlock All Star Mode. If, and only IF that's true. We could still see at least one other character. That could be anyone of course. It might be Ridley, or Mewtwo, or just the Ice Climbers. So if you don't want to give up just yet, there's that.

Overall, I'm happy with the roster. I got my most wanted character back at the First E3 Smash 4 was at. So I could go either way. But I know some people here feel much more strongly about this kind of stuff than I do.

Does anyone have any more info on this leak?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not really. It doesn't affects him anyhow. And if moderators say you shouldn't, you shouldn't. Don't doubt them or question/whatever their logic. I really don't like leak discussion in Ridley thread too. Because of it, this thread flies off the cliff and unless we want it to crash land on the bottom of the pit this cliff leads to, we should not continue it.
I question people's decisions, whether they're mods or not. But sure, I'll drop it, but at this point I don't really think circlejerking like we've done for over a year and ignoring this critical proof will benefit the thread either.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I don't mind you talking about how this leak effects ridley, but yeah, keep the general discussion of the leak/the rest of the roster to that thread. We don't need multiple leak "threads" happening at once~

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I remember someone saying that this leaker didn't unlock All Star Mode. If, and only IF that's true. We could still see at least one other character. That could be anyone of course. It might be Ridley, or Mewtwo, or just the Ice Climbers. So if you don't want to give up just yet, there's that.
This is pretty much what we're betting on at this point.

I've maintained that leaks that don't show the entire roster don't really affect Ridley, as we know he's in the game in some form

This leak is legit, but if the all star thing is right, doesn't have the full roster. This means Ridley's chances are unchanged.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't mind you talking about how this leak effects ridley, but yeah, keep the general discussion of the leak/the rest of the roster to that thread. We don't need multiple leak "threads" happening at once~
Is there still a normal Leak thread, or is it a Group thread now?
Regardless, a link would be appreciated.

Thor_Hammerschlag

Smash Cadet
Im absolutly fine with that.

However, isnt it just fine if we just discuss the very little "Ridley part" of that leak?

Top Bottom