• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
Sakurai: there are other bosses too!
Ridley shadow appears.

Yeah totally doesn't lean either way.

If people were cautiously pessimistic as they should be in this situation, then they can be delighted if he's in but not heartbroken if he's not.

Otoh if you convinced yourself he was in and 3 weeks from now it turns out he's a boss and youre crushed, Imo, you only have yourself to blame for that. You can't blame Nintendo or sakurai for leading you on, they haven't
It does lean either way as the implication could be referring to other bosses... just as the message states!

I do; however, agree with your last point, they did not lead anyone on.

if ridley and king k rool arnt playable then we must form the king k.ridley campaign,where we will fight for the freedom of our people.
every day people are losing hope,dont let all the supporters time be in vain.for they know your name not your story.we will rise and defeat the evil tyrant that is holding us back and feeding off of our tears.

this story will be told for generations of how the kind people of planet kridley saved the world from the tearfeeders.
it will be a long struggles,many will not survive but know that you will not die in vain,for one day we will win and get our wish.
what the heck am i talking about?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ridley shadow appears.

If people were cautiously pessimistic as they should be in this situation, then they can be delighted if he's in but not heartbroken if he's not.

Otoh if you convinced yourself he was in and 3 weeks from now it turns out he's a boss and youre crushed, Imo, you only have yourself to blame for that. You can't blame Nintendo or sakurai for leading you on, they haven't
1: Bowser is a Boss character. Boss character =/ stage hazard.
2: Why doesn't it seem weird to not just show Ridley IN PERSON and show what the hell he does as a stage hazard, instead of showing just a damn shadow? Please explain to me why that makes sense.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I get that reasoning but ridley hasn't actually been revealed yet unlike those characters. My point is not to disprove ridley, it's that you're inferring here, you can't say sakurai has been teasing you or causing confusion, that's really on yourself if it turns out ridley is only a hazard
I'm no Ridley supporter, but they've been teasing. That's the only reason I even bother coming onto this thread, it's just so curious how they've treated Ridley so far. There is literally no reason to tease him as a stage boss and not show him by now. It's been a whole year since they started on it, and anyone else they've given such treatment to they've revealed as playable.

Nintendo aren't stupid, they've have seen the speculation, and they're playing with it. They wouldn't be doing that if they weren't going to reveal him as playable. They wouldn't be silly enough to think players would be excited by him being a Wii U exclusive stage hazard. They've have shown him off by now if he were a stage hazard, if only for the speculation, considering they have made a very strong point of stopping false character speculation based on what they've shown.

If they are going to reveal him, with the amount since they revealed Pyrosphere, what we'll likely see is any reveal for him being the last thing they show before release. As in, the very end, after the "that's all we've got to show you" kind of end of some kind of pre-release direct. They're building up tension on him for something.

Morbi

Scavenger
2: Why doesn't it seem weird to not just show Ridley IN PERSON and show what the hell he does as a stage hazard, instead of showing just a damn shadow? Please explain to me why that makes sense.
This is the weakest argument against "other boss characters," as it was mentioned during the stage-hazard boss portion of the Direct.

The second point is utterly arbitrary, you insinuate the the reveal must "make sense." If you can find me a source on that one, I would be surprised.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
1) don't think you understood, I'm talking about the direct where sakurai mentioned there will be more hazard bosses like yellow devil, that's when the shadow was shown, heavily implying ridley is a boss hazard too.

2) just lol.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This is the weakest argument against "other boss characters," as it was mentioned during the stage-hazard boss portion of the Direct.

The second point is utterly arbitrary, you insinuate the the reveal must "make sense." If you can find me a source on that one, I would be surprised.
So I guess it's ok for a supposed professional game designer to show vague information about their game and rely on one moment in a video to be just enough? Last time I checked, that happened before... Chrom. And how did that turned out? With people still confused of his true role, despite being clearly shown in the reveal trailer. Sakurai had to go out of his way to state; he's not playable, despite it being shown in the trailer. Ridley has gotten same the treatment similar to Chrom, show them off, didn't say their names, and shown a role ambiguously. Except people still questioned there true role, but the difference is that Sakurai STATED one's role (being a FS) and left the other without a confirmed role.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Why are you actively avoiding Chrom? Because he puts a giant hole in your argument, is that why?

Everything you just said is completely refuted by this one slip up of bad wording and poor conveyance. You know this so you skip around the people bringing up the blue haired lord of the latest entry like crocs nipping at your feet while you navigate small rocks across the stream to the people who have yet to mention him.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Ridley shadow appears.

"PotD: He's the big, the terrifying, the imfamous Ridley! And guess what? He's gonna be a boss in this game! Again! Like he has in every single other game he's been in! AREN'T YOU SURPRISED?!"

Uh-huh..... >.>

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
1) don't think you understood, I'm talking about the direct where sakurai mentioned there will be more hazard bosses like yellow devil, that's when the shadow was shown, heavily implying ridley is a boss hazard too.

2) just lol.
Yes. It did imply that Ridley is a boss. But it never actually said it. And I'm not trying to come off as desperate, I actually don't know either way if he's in. The point being though is that he was made to look like a boss, but it's weird that he'd do that without showing it. My thoughts would be one of two things.
Either
1 Sakurai is pulling a bit and switch. Like Zero Suit Samus and Toon Link. Albeit a much longer bait and switch... Or
2 Ridley is a boss hazard, and it's a super big deal that requires hype and is the only time Sakurai doesn't care if people are confused by inexact wording.

Is ridley implied as a boss? Yes. Is he confirmed? No. And this is important to Ridley supporters because of how implied-but-not-confirmed characters have been treated.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Why are you actively avoiding Chrom? Because he puts a giant hole in your argument, is that why?

Everything you just said is completely refuted by this one slip up of bad wording and poor conveyance. You know this so you skip around the people bringing up the blue haired lord of the latest entry like crocs nipping at your feet while you navigate small rocks across the stream to the people who have yet to mention him.
I felt like I'd addressed chrom pretty well in a previous post so I didn't quote yours.

1) Chrom was revealed in a trailer meant to show off his role in smash, which did cause a lot of confusion that wasn't intended. That's pretty different from ridley who hasn't been revealed yet. He's just been hinted at.

2) I'm not interested in disproving ridley beyond any shadow of a doubt. My point is just that at no point has it been implied ridley is playable so don't blame sakurai or Nintendo for making you think it was gonna happen (if it turns out he's not)

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'd almost agree. But then, why would Sakurai go and literally wait an entire YEAR teasing Ridley, only for him to end up being a stage boss? To my knoweledge, this would be the first (and so far only) character to go this long being shown so early on, then never surface again with any sort of info, just to kill the hype with a stage reveal. Even SSBB tore off the bandage before release with how Ridley was involved in the game.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I felt like I'd addressed chrom pretty well in a previous post so I didn't quote yours.

1) Chrom was revealed in a trailer meant to show off his role in smash, which did cause a lot of confusion that wasn't intended. That's pretty different from ridley who hasn't been revealed yet. He's just been hinted at.

2) I'm not interested in disproving ridley beyond any shadow of a doubt. My point is just that at no point has it been implied ridley is playable so don't blame sakurai or Nintendo for making you think it was gonna happen (if it turns out he's not)
My question is, why not clear up this confusion? The movement doesn't even need to be done, just the model for a PotD. Where does a big purple dragon hide? He's no where to be found in any of the multiple Pyrosphere pictures may they be from PotD to magazine articles to press kits. Ridley is never once present. Sakurai is obviously hiding him and it may be due to him being unpresentable/unfinished, which is unlikely as the production of this game started circa. 2011-2012, or there is a much bigger picture.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Tbh it might just not be considered a big priority to reveal a stage hazard before release, has seriously no one considered that possibility?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm not interested in disproving ridley beyond any shadow of a doubt. My point is just that at no point has it been implied ridley is playable so don't blame sakurai or Nintendo for making you think it was gonna happen (if it turns out he's not)
TBH, that's still Sakurai's and Nintendo's fault. With all the extra attention their doing to say "X character is deconfirmed, btw", to not do that to any character that has some vocal confusion about their role in Smash, then that shows that Nintendo and Sakurai are incompetent to inform confused people the truth and not cause "Fake Hype".

Tbh it might just not be considered a big priority to reveal a stage hazard before release, has seriously no one considered that possibility?
Yeah, something like Music and Smash Run is totally more important then revealing information we DON'T know about, as Pyrosphere is hinted to have a hazard A WHOLE YEAR AGO and yet we still can't get any information about it?

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
For Ridley?

You're telling me that the disconfirmation of one of the most highly requested characters that has been "teased" multiple times is not high priority?

When?
WHEN HAS IMPORTANCE MATTERED?
Sakurai could have just posted a pic of the day exclaiming how great the grass looks for all I know!
Importance means nothing and it never will.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
That's along the same lines as "why tease a stage boss?" If it isn't a priority to announce it before launch, why bother hyping it up?

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
TBH, that's still Sakurai's and Nintendo's fault. With all the extra attention their doing to say "X character is deconfirmed, btw", to not do that to any character that has some vocal confusion about their role in Smash, then that shows that Nintendo and Sakurai are incompetent to inform confused people the truth and not cause "Fake Hype".
You need some perspective. No reasonable person would be "confused" in this situation, stop blaming others.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Then why are you surprised he hasn't been touched on in over a year now
Because sakurai and his team sure are taking a lot of time to let the blood boil and the fights to arise. That's why it's surprising.

Even neutrals in the "Great Ridley Wars" want Sakurai to just say anything and he hasn't, never has he address Ridley, never has he shown Ridley(directly), never has he clarified upon Ridley.

Last edited:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
For Ridley?

You're telling me that the disconfirmation of one of the most highly requested characters that has been "teased" multiple times is not high priority?

When?
WHEN HAS IMPORTANCE MATTERED?
Sakurai could have just posted a pic of the day exclaiming how great the grass looks for all I know!
Importance means nothing and it never will.
Grass cutting confirmed for Smash 4? :D

In seriousness, Sakurai could very well say, he deconfirmed him in august and the teasing was just to build hype for a stage hazard. That is irrational, and as I hold alto of respect for Sakurai, I doubt he would do that.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Considering it's the main (and apparently only) attraction of the Pyrosphere, you'd think that they get that covered and out of the way, especially since it's a stage we've seen in multiple instances.

You need some perspective. No reasonable person would be "confused" in this situation, stop blaming others.
That's your opinion. Besides, regardless of whether or not you think it's right or not, it has happened, and they have yet to address it, like they did with Chrom.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
I don't know about any of you, but I certainly wouldn't take a Ridley disconfirmation lying down now. Sakurai would have done considerable marketing damage to Ridley and the Metroid franchise and I don't see that as being acceptable. I thought Nintendo was trying to move away from their past marketing mistakes, not stick their rear ends into a new fire (even though Sakurai is pretty much calling all the shots).

The time to disconfirm Ridley in a PotD is pretty much over. In a few days they will have two weeks left (barring a delay) before the game is officially out and we still have no word about a 3DS demo for any country. There is almost certainly going to be something this week as we probably don't have all of the starters anyway.

Let's see and I still like Ridley's chances. :D
No, despite my pessimism and me acting like a hotshot (which I'm not; I'm just a big babby) I will be pretty damn upset as well. I have constantly asserted that this entire scenario does not need to exist, regardless of the outcome.

If Ridley is playable, there is no logic to misleadingly insinuate and allude on multiple occasions that he may be possibly a Boss Hazard in similar vein to the Yellow Devil. Why would you do that to a fanbase? At least with Palutena, teases to her could be viewed as more positive, as the Psuedo-Palutena fake-out showed that Sakurai was aware of Palutena, ignoring to reference Palutena by name when showing off Palutena's Temple Stage was suspicious, and then the realization that Pit no longer has Palutena as a Final Smash could be seen as things looking up for her. With Ridley, it's the opposite effect; on two occasions (excluding the magazine speculation) Ridley is insinuated to be a Boss connected to the Pyrosphere, and yet strangely enough Sakurai seems to be completely unwilling to say anything more on the matter and ignored it for a year. It's up for interpretation, I will admit, but it seems..kind of cruel and unnecessary. Well, as far as speculation on a video game goes anyway.

If Ridley is not playable, then there was no reason to hold off on his deconfirmation when there were four opportunities to without-a-doubt assert his non-playable status. Once during the initial Pyrosphere reveal (which already put Ridley on thin ice), once during the Direct instead of a damn shadow, once during any of the plethora of Pyroshere pics that were released during the entire year after the initial first Pyrosphere pic, and once during the tournament that should of had the Pyrosphere in the demo, but didn't. There were many opportunities to have sealed his fate. he sealed the fate of many other characters that were not teased or alluded to. Yet, he already alluded to Ridley on two separate occasions, and the magazine references a the shadow, and yet we still do not objectively know what role he will be. There is not need for a Boss hazard to have such ambiguity surrounding him, especially after the Yellow Devil was revealed outright in a PoTD.

Worse, the argument to hype up the Pyrosphere and Ridley falls apart when the entire premise is a regurgitated, uncreative concept that was ripped from another fighting game years ago: Dead or Alive Dimensions. 3 years prior DOA already featured the Geothermal Power Plant area of the Pyrosphere, with Ridley wrecking **** up with Plasma Fireballs wall-dragging grabs. Does Sakurai and his team really think people will be excited to see the Pyrosphere and Ridley wrecking **** on it (which is terribly predictable, by the way) again? All that ambiguity, two allusions, just for the same old ****. If he seriously thinks that, then he is terribly misinformed.

Also, Ridley is the arch-nemesis of Samus and the most recurring character in the Metroid franchise besides Samus herself. Ridley is very deeply connected to Samus' origins; without him killing the her parents the Metroid Saga would have never existed, Samus would have just bee a normal civilian. One could argue that as far as narrative is concerned he's far more connected to Samus personally then Bowser is to Mario (who just wants to kidnap the Princess) or Ganondorf is to Link (Link is usually just in Ganon's way to collect the Triforce) because his actions in the past are her primary motivation in her as a Bounty Hunter/Space Warrior.

So, with all that said, explain to me why it's a good idea for Ridley to be on the same league as the ****ing Yellow Devil and Dark Emporer, characters whom are nowhere near as prominent or popular as Ridley. Like really? He gets downgraded from 2 boss battles in Brawl to only become a Boss Hazard along with B-listers? It's just...baffling to me.

Even worse still, Ridley is already guaranteed to be a terrible Boss Hazard. This mainly because the entire premise behind Boss Hazards, while on paper interesting, can't really work in execution, are antithetical to how Smash Bros is played in a lot of ways (Boss Fights have proven far too many times to not work in the Smash Bros environment. Source: pretty much every Boss fight in Brawl. Master hand/Crazy Hand should have already taught the Smash Bros creators that Boss fights just do not work in Smash), and will ultimately result in uncharacteristic portrayal of Ridley. I'm not even sure if I really need to explain why, as the Yellow Devil in the tournaments showed everything and more of what's wrong with the concept of Boss Hazards, but Ridley specifically will be an especially terrible one. If Ridley being a smaller boss then usual is true, then he will be an extremely difficult boss to hit especially if you consider the fact that will often times be airborne (this is important, because don't forget Boss Hazards will appear in the middle of an ongoing battle. Your Boss Hazard needs to be easy to target). Because of this and the fact that he will appear during fights, his AI will need to be considerably dumbed down and simple or else there will be too much going on and clutter during the matches. Because of Smash Bros' really floaty mechanics overall, Ridley will also have to be incredibly slow so that the players can actually hit him. Thus, I will bet money that all Ridley will do as a Boss Hazard is go Airborner, shoot some fire or grab someone, land on the platform to get beat up considerably, lift off back in the air, fly to the other side, rinse and repeat. If you ever played at least one Metroid game, you know that this is not how Ridley fights. His aerial mobility and aerial advantage, his fast and swift tail strikes and Plasma from above, his high speeds and constant aggressiveness of relentless attacks will all not be present. How is that a better, "perfect" representation and role for Ridley?

In my "entitled" opinion, there are no excuses. None. Since I am entitled, I would immediately want an explanation on why Ridley's popularity and demand was ignored, why Ridley's underwhelming fate was in the dark for so long while every other character got deconfirmed outright, why he reused an uncreative gimmick for a stage that was already explored in another fighting game, and why Ridley's role is relegated to a relatively poorly-received mechanic that only a fraction of the fanbase will likely enjoy.

And that, ladies and gentlepirates, was the start of an adventure. Those few seconds of footage made a spark in our minds. The spark became a flame, and the flame became a raging firestorm, a burning desire for a something, no, a SOMEONE. It marked the start of a neverending struggle, against zealous nonbelievers denying our chances at every opportunity, and against the disappointments and shame when those filthy buggers turned out to be right. It utterly devastated us. It left us wounded and weak. But just like the cunning god we idolize, we rose from the ashes after our defeat.
And here we are. We've come so far, despite even fate itself opposing the will of the cunning god of death. We will not fail. WE CAN NOT FAIL! WE SHALL BE VICTORIOUS!

And there is my siggy completely ruining the atmosphere I created. For christs sake Ridley calm down, have some patience.
The start of a neverending war, huh? Despite us losing many battles, we will never be defeated (hopefully)

Probably could write a whole documentary on Ridley and Smash Bros. :awesome:

I find it really biased that people actually think Ridley was the cause for the hype in that Melee reaction.
Metroid hadn't seen a game since Super Metroid, and back then no one was even sure if they would do another Smah Bros. game, let alone think Ridley had a chance of being in it.
To be fair, many old-timers at the actual showing admitted that many thought Ridley was going to be playable after that. Or so I heard from many whom claimed to be in the crowd.

I guess we can all agree that 100% of the hype was for Metroid :smirk:

I want to point out that it has been a really long time since I've seen the argument of him being too big. Pretty sure that fell out of favor a very long time ago so I think it's pointless to keep bringing it up like its a frequent argument you deal with.
It has on this forum, but everywhere else? Noooooope, it still very much exists. Admittedly, some are getting smarter and referencing possible problems with Wingspan and Tail more often then just sheer size, but the "Too Big" argument still alive and kicking.

Would you be ok if we got this Ridley as playable?
Zero Mission Ridley master race. Of course it would be okay; in fact it would be the ideal outcome :denzel:

View attachment 22939 Whoever made that post must have been one handsome, dashing, and intelligent Dalek...
...Really? I thought he was an ugly, shaggy, unintelligent buffoon

:troll:

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
They didn't. They teased one, once, a year ago.

This is my point, it's like you are living in a totally different reality from everyone else.
Pyrosphere's 1st pic
smash Direct
Refusal to say his name or even reference his fight
the fact that we have had 60+ pyrosphere pics without one about the most important part of the stage if he is a hazard(Ridley).
Seems like you are the one living in a different reality from everybody else worrying about what other people think about about Ridley's chances of being playable in a game where you fight as little trophies.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Pictures of a stage that don't show Ridley in any capacity are not what I'd call a tease.

Look guys I'm not really interested in rehashing my argument can you at least agree that IF it turns out ridley is just some hazard, you can't be like "omg wtf sakurai you totally made us think he'd be playable"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Can you explain how the leak hints at Ridley? I just read the whole thing and the only mention of him was where they pointed out the leaked characters at the bottom. Maybe I missed something?
Various leaks connected to the image leak list all the characters we saw in the image leak (which were the 39 characters confirmed thus far, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, Jigglypuff, Ness, G&W, Wario, ROB, Dark Pit, Shulk, and "Duck Hunt" [possibly the Duck Hunt Dog]). That's 51 characters, counting each of the 3 Mii Fighters as 1 character.

However, there's other leaked roster that connect additional characters and have done so since before these leaked images dropped.
These characters mentioned are Dixie Kong, Wolf, Mewtwo, Lucas, the Ice Climbers, Snake, and of course Ridley.

This brings the roster total 58, with the only previously playable characters not returning being Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Roy.

I might be missing an additional character though. Anyone got any corrections to this=???

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Pictures of a stage that don't show Ridley in any capacity are not what I'd call a tease.

Look guys I'm not really interested in rehashing my argument can you at least agree that IF it turns out ridley is just some hazard, you can't be like "omg wtf sakurai you totally made us think he'd be playable"
I used up that type of rage when what should have been a Mewtwo reveal showed Greninja instead. :(

But yeah, so far the situation is, IF Ridley is not playable, Sakurai can very well say it was just us hyping and speculating. Why he would allow that and not deconfirm it like numerous less significant characters, Im not sure.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

I'd be upset because of this terrible situation, but I'd never truly blame sakurai. Well maybe.

Though this is totally looking like Megaman in MvC3 part two.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So I guess it's ok for a supposed professional game designer to show vague information about their game and rely on one moment in a video to be just enough? Last time I checked, that happened before... Chrom. And how did that turned out? With people still confused of his true role, despite being clearly shown in the reveal trailer. Sakurai had to go out of his way to state; he's not playable, despite it being shown in the trailer. Ridley has gotten same the treatment similar to Chrom, show them off, didn't say their names, and shown a role ambiguously. Except people still questioned there true role, but the difference is that Sakurai STATED one's role (being a FS) and left the other without a confirmed role.
The difference is we saw Chrom is action, clearly as part of Robin's Final Smash.

Sakurai never teased Chrom before that, and then BOOM just flat out DESTROYED CHROM for roughly 30 seconds.

Then, Sakurai ranted about how boring he felt Chrom was and how he never wanted to add such a character.

===

Ridley we saw the shadow of and a small clip of the wing.

On top of that, Ridley isn't a character people tend to think of "boring".

===

Besides that, Brawl happened.

R.O.B. was straight up "deconfirmed" as a basic enemy.

Ness was dead in the water after Lucas was confirmed when Sakurai stated "Ness, who has appeared in Smash Bros. up until now" during a Lucas Brawl Dojo update.

Why would Ridley, a character we haven't properly seen, be deconfirmed=???

Even in Smash 4, Sakurai pulled a similar bait and switch with Palutena in the same direct. Why would he treat Ridley differently=???

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Ok I'll be the first. First, something that I quoted:

Well, I stated this before and I'll reiterate it again.

I never played a single Metroid game, ever, but that doesn't stop me from supporting the people that wanted Ridley in Smash Bros. for 15+ years. Despite my little knowledge of Metroid in general, I see no problem for Ridley to be included into Smash. Sammy and Zammy are nice character reps for the Metroid series, but it's far, FAR from being truly represented fully without someone like Ridley. I support new and interesting characters added to Smash and I really enjoy seeing new characters I know little about. :4pit: I rather see a deserving character for a needing series then see a character who brings little to no variety and diversity to the Smash series.
Since I don't really know Ridley, I can't actually get mad at Sakurai if he doesn't make him playable. However, that doesn't mean I will be happy with his decision when people wanted him playable for 15 years. It would also not help that he, as a game designer, didn't make sure everyone was on the same page when it comes to Ridley's role in Smash.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
His job as a game designer isn't to spoil his entire game before it releases believe it or not

Morbi

Scavenger
Indeed. You clearly have the ability to recount the events, I am asserting that it is not as relevant as you believe it is. Sakurai might clarify the roles of most characters we see; however, correct me if I am wrong, but it took quite some time for him to confirm Yellow Devil as a stage-boss hazard. In that event, there is a precedent that indicates that boss characters are somewhat treated differently than Final Smashes or assist trophies. There is a correlation, but you cannot prove that that correlation is material to Ridley's chance. So basically, your argument is founded on the arbitrary assumption of what you believe a reveal should entail. Sakurai, through the actions you have described, plainly disagrees with your opinion.

Your argument is null and void. You can use that as a reason that you support Ridley (in fact, that is the predominant reason I am confident in his inclusion); however, you cannot assert your subjective opinion as objective fact.

Sure it is weird that he only showed Ridley's shadow and ambigiously alluded to him. What the **** is your point?

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

We'd clearly blame ourselves for fooling us through this, but they also had multiple chances to avoid this needless speculation from happening.

I mean, the same man that stated that he doesn't like it when people make assumptions out of something he didn't say should at have at least clear everything up a bit to avoid this kind of situation, specially since it involves the fate of one of the most, if not THE most, requested characters of all time.

His job as a game designer isn't to spoil his entire game before it releases believe it or not
How exactly would could showing something as mundane and barely noteworthy as a stage hazard be considered "spoiling", specially in a series where the playable characters are the main priority?

I mean, sure, stage bosses may be kind of cool, but besides that, who really cares about them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom