• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the supporter list. #teamRidley

Not a huge fan of the dude, but he's pretty cool and I'd like to see him in. He's one of the few possible newcomers I give a damn about, and I think Sakurai's trolling about the subject is a good sign.

I actually want Higgs more but he isn't exactly likely lol

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
and just when i thought Miiverse woke up and understood knowledge about ridley

Not a huge fan of the dude, but he's pretty cool and I'd like to see him in. He's one of the few possible newcomers I give a damn about, and I think Sakurai's trolling about the subject is a good sign.

"in spongebob training video voice" welcome aboard. if your reading this then let me be the first to say, Congratulations! You have recently joined the Ridley thread and today is your first official day of Ridleying

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I generally just ignore leaks... It's just how I roll. :lol:
I enjoy speculating about them if they're interesting, because I have a hyperactive mind and need something to think about. This one is very interesting, and has yet to be definitively proven false after half a week, which is impressive. While I reserve judgement on leaks until actual proof comes out, they give new material to talk about so I don't ignore.

This one specifically does give a bit of Ridley related stuff to talk about, while it seems at a glance that Ridley is excluded from this leak, apparently with the new information it isn't the whole roster.

Of course it could all be a pile of crap so there's that too xD

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597

Not a huge fan
I see what you did there...

of the dude, but he's pretty cool and I'd like to see him in. He's one of the few possible newcomers I give a damn about, and I think Sakurai's trolling about the subject is a good sign.

Yay! Another supporter!

Also, Higgs scares me... No matter where I go, he's always just there already... waiting for me.

I enjoy speculating about them if they're interesting, because I have a hyperactive mind and need something to think about. This one is very interesting, and has yet to be definitively proven false after half a week, which is impressive. While I reserve judgement on leaks until actual proof comes out, they give new material to talk about so I don't ignore.

This one specifically does give a bit of Ridley related stuff to talk about, while it seems at a glance that Ridley is excluded from this leak, apparently with the new information it isn't the whole roster.

Of course it could all be a pile of crap so there's that too xD
I guess that's true... I like your style!

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
If Ridley is announced to be playable soon...I don't know what I would do. I spent half of my posts here on this thread, and it's almost been a year since I first signed up as a member.

I don't have a clue on what would happen, but I think I can say that my days of Smash speculation would come to a close. It's been great going with you guys, and the latest leaks, as dubious as they seem, seem to indicate that Ridley is indeed on the roster.

Of course like @ Phaazoid Phaazoid said, they could all be hogwash, but that hasn't stopped me from feeling confident in his inclusion.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If Ridley is announced to be playable soon...I don't know what I would do. I spent half of my posts here on this thread, and it's almost been a year since I first signed up as a member.

I don't have a clue on what would happen, but I think I can say that my days of Smash speculation would come to a close. It's been great going with you guys, and the latest leaks, as dubious as they seem, seem to indicate that Ridley is indeed on the roster.

Of course like @ Phaazoid Phaazoid said, they could all be hogwash, but that hasn't stopped me from feeling confident in his inclusion.
Wait, the new leaks indicate Ridley is in? I thought it was the opposite lol. I obviously don't follow them well enough. Care explaining the new stuff?

(I post over half my stuff in this thread too - over 1.5k posts xD)

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Thanks xD

Careful about double posting though, you'll get infractions. If no one has posted since your last post, you can edit it in.
Oh, I didn't think of that... Darn it, I'm new to this!

Which part did you add? Looks official to me.
I think they added Samus... She looks just a tad bit off.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm gonna have to rewrite some of that trophy theory, since Ghirahim's outdated now anyway. Naturally, Impa's the more likely choice.

Anyway, what's this about that stage thing? Was the translation definitively "it's not a simple stage" or "it's a simple stage"? If it was the latter, isn't it possible that the magazine was talking about the stage design itself, such as the minimal platforms? Gotta keep the discussion going.

About damn time we got even something new (not particularly new, but it's sorta new) so we may as well hammer it down and squeeze as much use and discussion from it as we can.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Oh, I didn't think of that... Darn it, I'm new to this!
Don't worry, as long as you don't do it purposely there aren't any real consequences. Just avoid it from now on.

I think they added Samus... She looks just a tad bit off.
I thought the kid was out of place personally, he looks shop'd imo.

I guess I'm gonna have to rewrite some of that trophy theory, since Ghirahim's outdated now anyway. Naturally, Impa's the more likely choice.

Anyway, what's this about that stage thing? Was the translation definitively "it's not a simple stage" or "it's a simple stage"? If it was the latter, isn't it possible that the magazine was talking about the stage design itself, such as the minimal platforms? Gotta keep the discussion going.

About damn time we got even something new (not particularly new, but it's sorta new) so we may as well hammer it down and squeeze as much use and discussion from it as we can.
Personally I think the trophy thing is just a coincidence, not actually implying anything xD

As for the stage thing, idk for sure, I've seen it translated both ways multiple times @.@

And yeah, the new info is a breath of fresh air here, we've been choking on the shadow for months...

Last edited:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
what WOULD I do if Ridley was announced playable? what is left to live for. I accomplished my goal in life so I have no further purpose. initiate self destruct sequence for Samus.

dang it! I set self destruct sequence before i got a chance to play as him! :(

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wait, the new leaks indicate Ridley is in? I thought it was the opposite lol. I obviously don't follow them well enough. Care explaining the new stuff?

No, not really, unless you count the 4chan leak (which had DHD and Bowser Jr. along with Ridley, Dixie, and Mewtwo) that was posted before the evidence of the leak came to light. But they don't say that he's not playable, nor that they had the entire roster. @Con0rrrr knows A LOT more about this than I do.

Sorry for this bit of false hope. I didn't mean to, don't kill me!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Ridley is playable, I'd probably have him as one of my secondary characters. I already picked my main 3. And I'd like to try and get good with a heavier character.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Don't worry, as long as you don't do it purposely there aren't any real consequences. Just avoid it from now on.
Okay, thanks for the heads up!

I thought the kid was out of place personally, he looks shop'd imo.
Hrm... Really? I guess he does look sorta weird... I thought that it was intentional for some reason.[/quote]

Personally I think the trophy thing is just a coincidence, not actually implying anything xD

As for the stage thing, idk for sure, I've seen it translated both ways multiple times @.@

And yeah, the new info is a breath of fresh air here, we've been choking on the shadow for months...
I almost suffocated and I just got here about two days ago...
Scratch that, apparentally I joined Tuesday... Time sure flies when I forget about time.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Hrm... Really? I guess he does look sorta weird... I thought that it was intentional for some reason.

No prob!

And yeah, breathing in this place has been really tight for a while... Thankfully in T minus 3 weeks the noose will finally loosen. Or the floor will fall out from under us. Either way, the prospect of breathing will matter a whole lot less.

No, not really, unless you count the 4chan leak (which had DHD and Bowser Jr. along with Ridley, Dixie, and Mewtwo) that was posted before the evidence of the leak came to light But they don't say that he's not playable, nor that they had the entire roster. @Con0rrrr knows A LOT more about this than I do.

Sorry for this bit of false hope. I didn't mean to, don't kill me!
lol don't worry about it. I actually don't follow the leaks that well, I usually learn about them late, so I was curious. But I've never really worried because leaks that don't claim to have the full roster have never impacted Ridley's chances anyways (since we know he's in the game in some form), and this one seems to not be a full roster.

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I just can't stop laughing. Now the detractors are getting desperate. Listen to this while you read this comment:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Dunno if there is a supporter list, such a task would be like trying to read this whole thread... While Ridley isn't too big, his support is MASSIVE XD
There is, look at the OP--

....oh. I didn't actually click the spoiler. Ehehe, my bad.

I just can't stop laughing. Now the detractors are getting desperate. Listen to this while you read this comment:

clearly he's been inside sakurai's mind and lived to tell the tale. Bless this idiot.

Also, don't disgrace Groose's theme with this word vomit. Even if it does technically go with everyfin...

Last edited:

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
breathing in this place has been really tight for a while... Thankfully in T minus 3 weeks the noose will finally loosen. Or the floor will fall out from under us. Either way, the prospect of breathing will matter a whole lot less.
Well, I for one am not ready to die... So perhaps you could throw me a bone, Sakurai ol' pal? Please?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Gag character, no moveset potiential, would make 3DS crash, a third-party has a better chance, and he can't be revealed soon? Pretty much none of that is true, but ok, pal! :joyful:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Hrm... Really? I guess he does look sorta weird... I thought that it was intentional for some reason.

Scratch that, apparentally I joined Tuesday... Time sure flies when I forget about time.
Your Icon is so darn distracting. o//o
If Ridley is playable, I'd probably have him as one of my secondary characters. I already picked my main 3. And I'd like to try and get good with a heavier character.
Agreed, but he'd probably be one of my Teritaries.

Last edited:

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597

This made me laugh so hard...

(Though when I read it the first time I was listening to this
It made it surprisingly epic.)

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, I for one am not ready to die... So perhaps you could throw me a bone, Sakurai ol' pal? Please?
Hopefully, hopefully this week we a new character. It's been over a month since Robin. The game is out next next Friday. There ain't much time left at all. I can hold my breath for 3 weeks. But when you're hung you actually die from snapping your neck, not suffocating.

Totally lost my train of thought. I'm gonna hit the sack, peeps. I'll see you when there's a new PotD. While I doubt tomorrow's will be interesting, pray for the announcement of a direct

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Not directly. A plethora of other leaks (which may or may not just be playing off this one, or vice versa) mention Ridley and a few others.

The Ninka leak, I think it was called was the one known about for months, and had a lot of stuff currently seen on the latest image leaks (right down to ICs being cut, B. Jr in his car, etc.). Sometime shortly after someone added to it saying Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men and Mewtwo were also in. Since then a bunch of similar leaks have been brought up, all basically being the same give or take a few names (Impa/Mach Rider/etc.)

Nothing much/no physical evidence pointing to Ridley. But nothing pointing against him either.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Not directly. A plethora of other leaks (which may or may not just be playing off this one, or vice versa) mention Ridley and a few others.

The Ninka leak, I think it was called was the one known about for months, and had a lot of stuff currently seen on the latest image leaks (right down to ICs being cut, B. Jr in his car, etc.). Sometime shortly after someone added to it saying Ridley, Dixie, Chorus Men and Mewtwo were also in. Since then a bunch of similar leaks have been brought up, all basically being the same give or take a few names (Impa/Mach Rider/etc.)

Nothing much/no physical evidence pointing to Ridley. But nothing pointing against him either.
Ah. Still on square one then.

Or square shadow.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
What is this?! The detractors are just making reasons now.
Anyway, hi guys, just to like you know I support Ridley and believe he is a playable character thanks to you guys.
Heck I had been lurking at this thread for the longest time before I created an account.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
What is this?! The detractors are just making reasons now.
Anyway, hi guys, just to like you know I support Ridley and believe he is a playable character thanks to you guys.
Heck I had been lurking at this thread for the longest time before I created an account.
Welcome! (Don't drink the water :p )

Top Bottom