• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
>Barf
>>Zombie Dog.

Man, this all sounds like Threed to me (if you get my non-Metroid reference).

But alas, welcome back space pirate captain!!!

In honor of this occasion, we should make a parody song of a Disney song about Ridley and/or the Space Pirates.

I GOT IT!

The Hercules song "Go the Distance" can be "Grow for Distance".

It can be about how Ridley TRIED HIS HARDEST TO GROW SO BIG!!!
or what about, Its a small world after all. you know because of... his... size... ok I will shut up now lol

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Ridley's down air should be him whiping his tail downward and causing a meteor smash in the air.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I was thinking that the giant Nuke Fireball from Other M would make for a decent Final Smash. It'd be pretty simple though. Maybe he could turn into Meta-Ridley. Though I don't know how many people would like that to happen.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I want to point out that it has been a really long time since I've seen the argument of him being too big. Pretty sure that fell out of favor a very long time ago so I think it's pointless to keep bringing it up like its a frequent argument you deal with.
Have you ever been on KnowYourMeme? Cuase I'm on that site a lot and, let me tell you: They LOVE, to use the size argument. It's actually kind of scary.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Waiting for RIdley. this is getting horrible. It is getting to the point where even if RIdley is playable all this waiting is worth it.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
After Ridley is reviled, who is going to make a Shokio Mii so that you can senselessly beat him using Ridley?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Waiting for RIdley. this is getting horrible. It is getting to the point where even if RIdley is playable all this waiting is worth it.
Don't worry, one day you can be playable too Waluigi. Possibly. Maybe, I don't know. Ask Sakurai.

hello did I miss something trought the weekend? I was not there Friday-sunday
I don't think so. Nothing too major as far as Smash. Ridley wasn't shown as a boss or character fully yet. So who knows.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can see that happening too.

What about Ledge attacks? I think every character is suppose to have two. One for 0%-99% and one for 100%+. Maybe he can have one where he stabs his tail forward. And another where he slashes with both arms. Just throwing out a couple ideas.
Every character has two (or at least 2 variations of one getup attack), and yeah, that's the % divide I think.

I would make the lower % one a simple tail whip that extends fairly far, and the other one a quick claw that extends maybe half as far.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would you be ok if we got this Ridley as playable?
At this point I wouldn't even be that picky about which version of who is playable. I just want to know if he's playable or not. Though if he's in the game, no matter which version or what his role is, it'll likely be the Other M version. Since Samus' design comes from that game as well.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh yeah, I wanna ask this. Am I the only one who thinks his final smash should be turning into Omega Ridley ?
As much as I love Ridley's Omega form, I would find it very unlikely to happen since the Ridley we are getting is the one from Other M...and it really differs in comparison to the Original Ridley and his other forms...
Ridley_zerom.jpg

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
If Ridley were playable I would want him to be like Firebrand in UMVC3 (like another user here said). I'm personally of the opinion that he shouldn't be too slow or heavy. We have Bowser, DK and Dedede as bruisers so I'd kinda like to see them do something different.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Ridley were playable I would want him to be like Firebrand in UMVC3 (like another user here said). I'm personally of the opinion that he shouldn't be too slow or heavy. We have Bowser, DK and Dedede as bruisers so I'd kinda like to see them do something different.
Firebrand isn't that bad of a comparison. Thought I'd imagine Ridley would still be one of the heavier fighters in Smash. But, like you said, he doesn't have to be as slow as Bowser or Donkey Kong.

As much as I love Ridley's Omega form, I would find it very unlikely to happen since the Ridley we are getting is the one from Other M...and it really differs in comparison to the Original Ridley and his other forms...
View attachment 22915
Know what, I just noticed something. Ridley's model in Brawl has a cartoonishly large head, compared to the other models of course.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In other words...

Is it So bad it makes you puke or So good it makes you puke?
He never wanted DHD. He's just furious, outraged, and sick with anger over the very notion that Duck Hunt Dog COULD actually get in Smash over Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and his retro pick Mach Rider.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I don't think there's anyway that the leak is fake. There's too much in it's favor. People pointing out "flaws" in it sound like people trying to prove the Brawl roster wrong.

HOWEVER

I am sure this is not the final roster. And believe wholeheartedly that Ridley will be included in that
*whistles casually*

Just saying. Not every good render is necessarily official. Or rather, not every fan render is complete ****.

Back to Ridley, though.

He never wanted DHD. He's just furious, outraged, and sick with anger over the very notion that Duck Hunt Dog COULD actually get in Smash over Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and his retro pick Mach Rider.
Oh. So he's just Salty.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*whistles casually*

Just saying. Not every good render is necessarily official. Or rather, not every fan render is complete ****.
I have a few friends who are graphic artists as a career, and honestly, I think any of them could make a more convincing visual leak than this.

They wouldn't need those blurry 20p screens either.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Personally I'm all for his leak with the fact that it's 100% not the final roster and our boy Ridley is looking like top dog.

But this is considered off topic and will be conversed upon no further unless we want IsmaR on our booties. :(

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, I could see why he would. :glare:

But about Ridley:

I thought this was real until I realized it wasn't:
the platform is too far to the right. :(
Not to be frank, but why is the platform the thing that tips you off? If the direct is any indication, Ridley is based on Other M, not any other incarnation. As much as people would like classic Ridley, Metroid is getting the Other M theme this time and I doubt Ridley would be in his classic design next to Sammy and Zammy, unless an alt, which is unlikely to me. And just look at his neck... seriously, that neck.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Hiya, everyone, I'm back again! I would ask if I missed anything, but someone already asked that for me... Thank you!

But as for the leak...
I thought this was real until I realized it wasn't:
the platform is too far to the right. :(
That model just looks weird to me... Plus I am pretty certain that we're getting Other M Ridley. But if we do get Concept Art Other M Ridley, I'll be perfectly fine... Course I myself will be fine as long as we get Ridley at all.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Not sure if I want to see Ridley with goatse there... guess he's butthurt or can he even feel anything back there?
You had to bring THAT of all things up, huh?

And that's where his tail starts. Concept artists usually leave blank shapes where limbs are supposed to be, usually in profile or rear view, for the sake of having a good view of the character's body without the limbs being in the way.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ease up on the spam/images and off topic discussion, 'gents.

Personally I'm all for his leak with the fact that it's 100% not the final roster and our boy Ridley is looking like top dog.

But this is considered off topic and will be conversed upon no further unless we want IsmaR on our booties. :(
For the record, I said leak talk NOT pertaining to Ridley whatsoever. Meaning posts like "I want this to be/think this is real/fake because ___" are prohibited, or at the very least should be taken to the appropriate topic. I want Ridley as much as everybody else, but I won't blow up over anything just because a single leak doesn't have him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, it is really nice to see how toned Ridley is. Would never know that without the pesky tail in the way... maybe he exercises with Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer. :troll:

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If we're talking leak pertaining to Ridley talk, then for those of you who are leak believers -

Supposedly the leaker showed off that all star mode was still locked on his system, confirming that he has not unlocked all the characters. So that leak doesn't even spell death for Ridley

For those of you on team fake, I like your style.

I'm over here on team not deciding real or fake until the next character is shown

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Yeah, Miiversians are just weird like that... I've never understood them.

If we're talking leak pertaining to Ridley talk, then for those of you who are leak believers -

Supposedly the leaker showed off that all star mode was still locked on his system, confirming that he has not unlocked all the characters. So that leak doesn't even spell death for Ridley

For those of you on team fake, I like your style.

I'm over here on team not deciding real or fake until the next character is shown
I generally just ignore leaks... It's just how I roll. :lol:

Top Bottom