• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So we can get penalized for talking negative towards a fictional character?
geez I haven't met such sensitive people
#TeamLeak #sept13th
get hyped for smash 3ds
You don't get penalized for giving a negative opinion on a fictional character, you get penalized when you deliberately go to a thread to **** on everyone else's opinions.

There is a big difference between the two.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You don't get penalized for giving a negative opinion on a fictional character, you get penalized when you deliberately go to a thread to **** on everyone else's opinions.

There is a big difference between the two.
Also going way off topic, especially considering when it is done so to slander other people's opinions just because you feel like you are better than everyone else.

This is a Ridley thread and people are discussing Jigglypuff and the Ice Climbers just to tell other people "you're wrong".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I've never understood why people have said, "Ridley's too big for Smash!!". He's the most important Metroid character next to Samus and is a very iconic villain who has appeared in almost every single Metroid game to date. He should be playable just to shut up the naysayers and so Metroid can finally have a real 2nd rep. This thread will expand to another 1000 pages if he isn't playable.
I want to point out that it has been a really long time since I've seen the argument of him being too big. Pretty sure that fell out of favor a very long time ago so I think it's pointless to keep bringing it up like its a frequent argument you deal with.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I want to point out that it has been a really long time since I've seen the argument of him being too big. Pretty sure that fell out of favor a very long time ago so I think it's pointless to keep bringing it up like its a frequent argument you deal with.
But it is though.

BUT IT IS THOUGH.

BUT IT IS THOUGH.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
I think you are right people now just are just hating the idea of him being playable and they are just trolls...:demon:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was going to barf on this thread but I already spent it on the Duck Hunt thread.

*toots*
>Barf
>>Zombie Dog.

Man, this all sounds like Threed to me (if you get my non-Metroid reference).

But alas, welcome back space pirate captain!!!

In honor of this occasion, we should make a parody song of a Disney song about Ridley and/or the Space Pirates.

I GOT IT!

The Hercules song "Go the Distance" can be "Grow for Distance".

It can be about how Ridley TRIED HIS HARDEST TO GROW SO BIG!!!

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
You have no idea how many people still bring it up to this day.

>Barf
>>Zombie Dog.

Man, this all sounds like Threed to me (if you get my non-Metroid reference).

But alas, welcome back space pirate captain!!!

In honor of this occasion, we should make a parody song of a Disney song about Ridley and/or the Space Pirates.

I GOT IT!

The Hercules song "Go the Distance" can be "Grow for Distance".

It can be about how Ridley TRIED HIS HARDEST TO GROW SO BIG!!!
Now I want someone to edit Ridley's head onto Hercules during that song and have the temple at the end have Super Smash Bros on it.

The lyrics are freaking perfect.

D

Deleted member 245254

You have no idea how many people still bring it up to this day.
Well if that's true they sure are stubborn, but I don't exactly know where that happens because I don't see it.

Is it in Gamefaqs are something because I avoid that place like a plague?

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Well if that's true they sure are stubborn, but I don't exactly know where that happens because I don't see it.

Is it in Gamefaqs are something because I avoid that place like a plague?
It's mainly Miiverse, and YouTube. I don't know about anywhere else since those 2 places and Smashboards are the only places I go to for Smash news/speculation.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
How, when and did Sakurai himself say it. If the answer to the last question is "no," it's false and the game is still on.
descarga (16).jpg

Roidley (right) was confirmed a boss during the direct, while Ridley (right) is still on the game, so he'll probably be playable.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I don't think there's anyway that the leak is fake. There's too much in it's favor. People pointing out "flaws" in it sound like people trying to prove the Brawl roster wrong.

HOWEVER

I am sure this is not the final roster. And believe wholeheartedly that Ridley will be included in that

View attachment 22907
Roidley (right) was confirmed a boss during the direct, while Ridley (right) is still on the game, so he'll probably be playable.
lolwut he wasnt disconfirmed

Last edited:

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
There isnt any single reason why I should think that Ridley wont be playable in smash, however I find lots of reasons supporting why he should be in it xD. So the only reason I can think about not having Ridley at smash, is is Sakurais hatred/cruelty xD

So for me Ridley is confirmed until someone proves otherwise ;D

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF
I don't think there's anyway that the leak is fake. There's too much in it's favor. People pointing out "flaws" in it sound like people trying to prove the Brawl roster wrong.

HOWEVER

I am sure this is not the final roster. And believe wholeheartedly that Ridley will be included in that
Agreed. I'm sure that ins't the final roster too many oddities and there is a person on gamfaqs claiming to have pics of the All-Star mode being locked due to not having all the characters but I'm gonna stop talking about this here before I get too far off topic.

I still feel like Ridley has some of the highest chances of getting in and I hope somebody makes that edited Sweet Victory - Spongebob video. I would watch that for a whole day regardless of how Ridley turns out.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

HOWEVER

I took me like 5 minutes of staring at your avatar to figure out what had changed

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

HOWEVER

Eh, I'm still pretty sure the leak is fake. For reasons like apparently the leaker actually added problems with the leak like spelling 'disabled' wrong which is obviously just a lie for his misspelling. :p
Even if it is real, apparently it has a connection with the Ninka leak which says Ridley will come.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*urge to post video of that one very old 10-Minute Hercules cartoon's opening*
Why do you always do this, John.
I dunno, I'm just an expert at parody songs.

For my senior year of high school I wrote song parodies in everyone's year books.

I think I signed like 20 extra yearbooks because of it, lol.

I turned "Mr. Tambourine Man" by Bob Dylan into "Mr. Gomez Man" (my class Vice Principal) for my freaking class Vice Principal, lol. I also turned the song "Layla" by Derek and the Dominoes into "Bruhhh", and I made it about dude bros. :rotfl:

Also, we should turn the Snow White song "Heigh-Ho" into "Rid-Ley". :grin:

I got the perfect line for hte song!
"Rid-Ley! Rid-Ley!
He's too big for Smash you know!"

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

HOWEVER

So do you have any kind of source? or is this just your gut feeling? because i'm pretty sure no one can confirm it 100% right now. For the roster leak i mean.

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
View attachment 22907
Bro confirmed means without a doubt, a 100% for sure, its the truth, what that direct showed was a tease.

HOWEVER

I know your "in the know" with this leak business and I'am glad that you think that Ridley still has a chance. I believe the same, but I'am being cautious about this leak. I'am not going to think its 100% legit or fake.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So do you have any kind of source? or is this just your gut feeling? because i'm pretty sure no one can confirm it 100% right now. For the roster leak i mean.
I was involved with the mods during a lot of the hype around it.

It's speculation + good reasoning. I truly think there's more characters

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I can't believe you guys are taking my post seriously, like i literally was just alluding to AndreaAC's running gag of Roidley and Ridley.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well i'm sorry guys, i guess we always have the next Smash.

This leak isn't confirmed until we see footage that is more clear than the above image or before anything is even slightly confirmed.

(also, I laugh every time Hungrybox laughs in that gif)

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know your "in the know" with this leak business and I'am glad that you think that Ridley still has a chance. I believe the same, but I'am being cautious about this leak. I'am not going to think its 100% legit or fake.
First off, people "in the know" for Brawl leaks (sans Serebii) were all awful and wrong, lol.

Then this one user on SWF complied this data, made all these connections of the 3 legit leakers, and we "knew" it was the legit roster 2 weeks before release based on 5 months of evidence. No current leak has that status, or a professional leaker in Serebii's backing (well the Gematsu leaks are like that, but less valid).

Of course then everyone took credit for it, including a certain someone who is claiming to put things together first, but no one did.

===

Second off, dude Ridley is in one of these related leaks to that image link. He's been mentioned as DLC or an in the game kinda deal.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
so why are we talking about the leak when we should be talking about our glorious commander Ridley?

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Less than three weeks left until the 3DS release on Sept. 13 in Japan, which also the same day as my birthday. Hard to believe that it's coming soon. I'm anxious to see the final roster with my own eyes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

This leak isn't confirmed until we see footage that is more clear than the above image or before anything is even slightly confirmed.

(also, I laugh every time Hungrybox laughs in that gif)
This gif reminds me how cool Dr.Mario actually is. I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

As for Ridley, what kind of dash attack could he have? I was thinking he could shoot a burst of wind out of wings. Or he bites in front of him while gliding on the ground.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Short lunge, a la Prime?
Yeah, I guess that could work too. That might more sense, since that's actually a move in the games.

I kind of figured his "Get-Up" attack would have him do some kind of tail sweep. Most "Get-Up" attacks sweep around the character anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would want to see Ridley spin and do a tail whip as his ground attack.
I can see that happening too.

What about Ledge attacks? I think every character is suppose to have two. One for 0%-99% and one for 100%+. Maybe he can have one where he stabs his tail forward. And another where he slashes with both arms. Just throwing out a couple ideas.

Top Bottom