• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Seriously, we're the bad guys when crap like this gets pulled?
Meh, while I think he crossed the line I do think people could have handled it better. I don't think there's any good or bad guys in something as otherwise silly as Smash speculation, I just think people should act with respect towards each other.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Well that's your opinion. How you would reveal things and how Sakurai wants to reveal things obviously differs.
Its also your opinion the idea that the development team did not finish Ridley back in April. One that is based on nothing but conjecture and holds no more weight than any other opinion here.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Meh, while I think he crossed the line I do think people could have handled it better. I don't think there's any good or bad guys in something as otherwise silly as Smash speculation, I just think people should act with respect towards each other.
Welcome to the world, mate. No such thing as a blank slate, humans are evil little crapholes as a rule. :facepalm:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I leave for a few hours to play a game and when I come back everyone is arguing with a Detractor we've dealt with Multiple times before.
What happened here.
Stahp.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Its also your opinion the idea that the development team did not finish Ridley back in April. One that is based on nothing but conjecture and holds no more weight than any other opinion here.
What if Ridley beens finished but of course Sakurai gonna's wait for the right moment to disconfirm or confrim Ridley?

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
REPOST TIME

Alright this is the biggest thing I have ever posted I really hope I did well
first off I like to thank lackadaisyalex for this it does almost all of the arguments' part's for me
but I will be doing some of the arguments anyway
now then
it all started with this
after the yellow devil Ridley gets shown
but this does not mean that Ridley is not playable and I will show you why and then the after this will be the best part
toon link survived despite his cameo appearance
well first off most of us thought toon link was kicked because of this happening

he was a stage cameo instead of playable we all thought because of that he was doomed to come back.

"but..."
on 9/26 2013
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/toon_link.html
Wait wait wait, but that's impossible he was a cameo before how did toon link survived. Well turns out sakurai had something prepared

Alfonzo is taking toon Links place when he is being played as

So what does this have to do with Ridley well it's this.

Well sakurai called this stage the pyrosphere.

but there's something that's plausible it's this

pyrosphere is NOT the correct name for where you fight Ridley
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Geothermal_Power_Plant
that's the correct name

pyrosphere is the name of the fire world in other m not the room. This may be a scrolling room some of the stages already confirmed and some of the past ones, For example this one
in this quote looks suspicious

Hmmm now that's suspicious.
Now where I'm going is this.
the Goyagma
and the Vorash
(This user of the videos is not me before you ask.)
They could be boss hazards and Ridley as well if this is a scrolling stage.
In other words the Goyagma, and Vorash, maybe bosses, but when Ridley, is being played as Ridley may be simply turned off
which brings the next thing
Both boss hazard and playable
We know this is Ridley.

And could be a hazard, but it does not roll out playable if he was boss and here's why.

remember this fight on Kirby air ride city trial.

Yea he's a boss in city trial

'But look...'
Start at 2:19ish

That's playable Dedede also on city trial.

So Dedede is both playable, and a boss, on city trial.

So going back the stage thing that's how I think Ridley. Simply disable will work when he's in the arena if a scrolling stage.

OK next up is

Sakurai can have a change of heart
Now what's this has to do with him well its this.

OK what he is saying is Ridley is impossible. But change of heart is very likely.

What it means he thought villager was not suitable for battle.
He had a change of heart obviously.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/villager.html
So, he made villager playable.
Now for exhibit B
He claimed that Namco would not get any special treatment. If he said that why did this get added to smash.

And these guys from galaga (which is made by Namco)

the S flag is a proud symbol of Namco and how charizard is holding it. It is probably going to be an assist trophy based item. That is nothing but retro Namco character that the S flag was in probably
And also not to mention this helps pac-man, and that's a Namco character. And, Sakurai probably knows that if he lets pac-man in as playable his game is going to make history
(worlds first game with Mario sonic mega man pac-man all playable in one game)
(I suppose another is the first time ever Ridley is playable in something that's not fan based game if confirmed playable)
and now for the big apple pie
HES WAY TOO BIG YOU FOOLS
This is by far the worst argument in the history of these forms.

EVERYBODY HAS BEN HUGE AND SHRUKEN AND PLAYABLES HAVE BEN SMALLER THAN THEY HAVE BEN NOT PLAYABLE

Let's start with Bowser.

Oh he was this once.

WROOOONG

They did it twice. (Unless the left is fan based ofcoarse.) and that's not the only time he was huge.

So he resize's Bowser All of the time in stuff. (Without any magical stuff he grab's .)

but when playable.

He's smaller.

And this is with a bunch of other character's with shrinkage or growth.

"King k rool"

"Boss"

He's even bigger in this.

But playable.

WTF a toad is half his height.

"Petey pirhana"

But playable.

:crazy: Luigi is almost as tall as him.

And here's my favorite

"Quenn bee"

"Boss"

But playable

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
FROM TITAN SIZE TO A TOAD 3/4 HER SIZE WHAT?!?!?!?!

in other words characters get shrunken when playable

and ofcoarse this kills it
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-screenshot-21914/
the quote of this is
This dog is huge… Wait, no, the playable characters are small. The Smash Bros. series doesn’t always stay true to scale

ok that kills the argument CYA

[\spoiler]
link to part 2
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ii-u-3ds-thread.324284/page-637#post-16728288
...Wow... Just... Wow...

That's really all I can say... You just... Really...

Wow...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Aaaaand this is the point where we drop this discussion. Nobody is going to convince anyone obviously, and I might not be a moderator but I can definitely sense when things have gone too far and people can't express themselves without throwing out insults. Stop this ****ty discussion.
You know the discussion has taken a huge turn for the worse when you are calling someone mentally ill over a freaking video game debate!

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
HOLD THE F*CKING PHONE!!!!YOU INSULTED SOMEONE BE SAYING THEY ARE SUFFERING A MENTAL ILLNESS? That's it, Reporting is viable
Or we can ignore it like said 50 times by now. I wouldn't worry about a insult directed to you but if you have the willpower to "intervene" be my guest.

Whatever happened to blocking people.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Or we can ignore it like said 50 times by now. I wouldn't worry about a insult directed to you but if you have the willpower to "intervene" be my guest.

It's like a train wreck. You know the right thing to do is ignore it and move on, but the sheer magnitude of what is happening pulls you back in for more.

It's why detractors have such an easy time of trolling us.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Detractor spouting the same stuff as last time we dealt with him, just hit ignore

I've ignored everything, but insults like this are unacceptable, what if I told him he was a sh*thead full of w*nk? I'd be wrong, but the thing is, there is insulting someone, and there is being offensive, it's just like how I stand up for Bronies and the Ghirahim supporters whenever I see people label them as f*ggots that shouldn't exist, even though I'm not in those groups

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Detractor spouting the same stuff as last time we dealt with him, just hit ignore

I've ignored everything, but insults like this are unacceptable, what if I told him he was a sh*thead full of w*nk? I'd be wrong, but the thing is, there is insulting someone, and there is being offensive, it's just like how I stand up for Bronies and the Ghirahim supporters whenever I see people label them as f*ggots that shouldn't exist, even though I'm not in those groups
I see your point but it's best not getting into the controversy to as it's another way for a troll to get attention. If anything a troll will do anything to get attention even if it's offensive or insults.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
It's like a train wreck. You know the right thing to do is ignore it and move on, but the sheer magnitude of what is happening pulls you back in for more.

Lol. I agree with what your saying, but I think you should stop and help at an actual real life train wreck.

(In the current mood of the thread I just want to make sure you know I'm just being silly and this is completely meant as friendly jab. Sorry if it actually offends.)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Nope, when I realized that I repeated the same argument 5 times, ignore everyone and waited a month.

It's not worth to debate when you have to repeat so many times. Anyway, if it's that annoying, just let them since you know that you're ok with your own opinion. Nothing would change that (unless YOU decide to change yours, but that's fine).

Leaks are the same. If you realize it's annoying, stop talking (what happened to me).

Malle

Smash Apprentice
A character doesnt need to be finished to be deconfirmed.. Also, he is finished, Oh.. I am sure he was finished long before the Direct.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597

Ooh, I'm a pegasister and a Ghirahim supporter (Or was until he was deconfirmed...)!

...I have no idea why I just said that. This is getting off-topic...

So what are your ideas for Ridley's final smash? And while I'm at it, how many times has that exact same question been asked? Please tell me at least less then ten times...

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So what are your ideas for Ridley's final smash? And while I'm at it, how many times has that exact same question been asked? Please tell me at least less then ten times...
1. I think it should be Giga Ridley.
2. Don't know how many times it's been asked, probably a couple. But it doesn't matter, we need a new subject.

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, I'm a pegasister and a Ghirahim supporter (Or was until he was deconfirmed...)!

I think for a final smash, Ridley should turn into a stage boss for 12 seconds. :lick:

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

if by less you mean moar and by 10 you mean moar
im not really sure what else there is to talk about..i would suggest battle damage for ridley though, but we dont know if thats going to happen

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Old news. Oddly enough, that last bit seems to to be subject to translation screwups. Some translations say that the stage isn't complex.
Both translators agreed that the article meant:

The stage layout itself is not complex since it has a flat main platform and multiple floating ones. However there is an unknown shadow and the stage's gimmick(s) have yet to be revealed.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Both translators agreed that the article meant:

The stage layout itself is not complex since it has a flat main platform and multiple floating ones. However there is an unknown shadow and the stage's gimmick(s) have yet to be revealed.
Yep. Both things are true: We saw an "unknown shadow" in the April Direct, and the actual gimmick for the stage has not been revealed.

In other words, nothing new, the wait continues, and darn it Sakurai...

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Wow it's late. I should have been asleep ages ago. :bluejump:

Hopefully the next three weeks go by quickly. Somehow. So we can know one way or another Ridley's role. :grin:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Brony and also supporting Mewtwo, while we're being honest. :p

And Ridley's FS is clearly 10-20 seconds of glorious Phazon overcharge! :pimp:

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm I would say that he apples to both regions but so far it would be more of a U.S. wanted character because of how much we request him

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yep. Both things are true: We saw an "unknown shadow" in the April Direct, and the actual gimmick for the stage has not been revealed.

In other words, nothing new, the wait continues, and darn it Sakurai...
That's so weird that I just read on social and most don't get how nothing has changed.

Not only him got that, but also Paper Mario. Same retease because it's repeating it the same way it was before (the direct was a repeat of August 20 so same thing).

Which means that we might see other retease in the following days (mewtwo please?)

Last edited:

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
I personally think he should transform into omega Ridley from MP3 (Not the musical file), fly in the air, and fly across the screen while he fires off his arsenal of weapons... And repeat that two or three times. (Intended to be one of his attacks from MP3, but I don't know if I described it good enough...)

if by less you mean moar and by 10 you mean moar
im not really sure what else there is to talk about..i would suggest battle damage for ridley though, but we dont know if thats going to happen
...Darn it. Guess that's what happens when you have a post with 1633 pages...

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I personally think he should transform into omega Ridley from MP3 (Not the musical file), fly in the air, and fly across the screen while he fires off his arsenal of weapons... And repeat that two or three times. (Intended to be one of his attacks from MP3, but I don't know if I described it good enough...)

...Darn it. Guess that's what happens when you have a post with 1633 pages...
He has to do the "Gimmie those presents!" pose first, though.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

To my knowledge, it was less then ten times.... in the past month. JK :p

Here's something I thought of:

With the mention of Final Smashes for Ridley, someone before suggested Ridley could do something similar to Samus, firing a laser of some kind (plasma beam). I do like that idea better than a space raid (I just don't like summon FS's :glare:), but to make it not a Samus clone FS, inb4 Landmasters for everyone why not give Ridley Lucario's FS from Brawl? With Lucario now having a Mega evolution, his old FS could be given to Ridley. I think it would be perfect for him to fly up offscreen, position himself high above the stage, charge a Plasma Beam, and let loose.

Top Bottom