• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I personally think he should transform into omega Ridley from MP3 (Not the musical file)
Musical file...Musical..
Ridley the musical. contains the history of the ridley debate along with the april direct complex and researching and arguments, finally sakurai descends from the sky and announces ridley as playable. all of this, in the form of a musical

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Is everyone holding up better now? Mood was at an all time low last night.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Seriously, once the entire roster is finally out and Ridley is rightly no where to be found on it, I will be in here saying "I told you so". They will be the most glorious and gratifying "I told you so"s that I've ever given in the history of "I told you so"s.
Like with any deconfirmed character, going into a thread a trolling said fanbase is grounds for an automatic trolling infraction.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Musical file...Musical..
Ridley the musical. contains the history of the ridley debate along with the april direct complex and researching and arguments, finally sakurai descends from the sky and announces ridley as playable. all of this, in the form of a musical
...That is greatest thing ever. I would so buy that.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Thank god I was away during that whole ****storm that just happened a few pages ago.

Really, at this point the main reason I want him in is because, that way, this whole bull**** will be over.

I'm just sick of having to see this kind of **** happen every day.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Seriously, this post makes me think you are suffering a mental illness.

You say you understood what I meant.

You're trying to make fun of my "lack of proper sentence"...even though all my sentences were proper and asserted my point in the exact way I intended it to be asserted?

The very first sentence I mention Ridley, I use the word "playability". There was no vagueness that could lead to confusion. I was concise and explicit. You have reading comprehension issues. It worries me that people let you post things on the internet, even.

.....That's it! You just crossed the line! @ IsmaR IsmaR @ --- --- ALL THE MODS, DO YOUR WORST!

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
You know the discussion has taken a huge turn for the worse when you are calling someone mentally ill over a freaking video game debate!
Smash is not a video game,
It is life.
Also put me down as a supporter for Ridley, please!

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Here's an idea I had...

What if it turns out Ridley's shadow does appear on the pyrosphere??

...and that's it! Occasionally his shadow flies over the stage during matches.

And this doesn't happen if he's being used by a player? :)

(Sorry Applebloom I don't know how to disable "vibrating mode" on Applejack. Just hang in there...)

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is a powerful enemy in metroid now we all know that ridley is shown in the pyrosphere what if when you defeat him as a boss you unlock him as a character but in his meta form
I'm probable wrong but it's just an idea.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Oh well, normally I get disappointed when I miss a detractor, but since insults were thrown about I'm glad I missed this one.

Please do not self censor yourself. Just let the site automatically take care of that.
Oops, will do from now on.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Here's an idea I had...

What if it turns out Ridley's shadow does appear on the pyrosphere??

...and that's it! Occasionally his shadow flies over the stage during matches.

And this doesn't happen if he's being used by a player? :)
So, essentially, he pulls an Alfonzo/Tron Bonne.

He appears as a cameo when not selected, and he doesn't when he's selected.

Genius!

Could potentially work as forshadowing his playable role if he were unlockable.

Last edited:

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
I'm sure this has to have been said somewhere before, but what if Ridley was using his final smash in that shadow video? Would explain how he was in the air so long, and why he had weird movements as if he was playable. His final smash could just make him invincible ( or at least non flinching) and unlimited flying? Like Yoshis final or something.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
So, essentially, he pulls an Alfonzo/Tron Bonne.

He appears as a cameo when not selected, and he doesn't when he's selected.

Genius!

Could potentially work as forshadowing his playable role if he were unlockable.
What if it's a small chance of happening, and that's a method of unlocking him? Unavailable in the 3DS which instead requires a set amount matches to be played but still.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm sure this has to have been said somewhere before, but what if Ridley was using his final smash in that shadow video? Would explain how he was in the air so long, and why he had weird movements as if he was playable. His final smash could just make him invincible ( or at least non flinching) and unlimited flying? Like Yoshis final or something.
Am I the only one who things that the shadow imagery was just model manipulation, not an actual screenshot of gameplay?

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
hmmm..perhpas, but dosnt the arena go dark when a final smash occurs? the pyrosphere dosnt appear to be dark at all

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Sadly, what seems to debunk that is the fact that the stage is not shrouded in darkness. Most of us believe that could be a flight mechanic unique to Ridley.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
What if Ridley beens finished but of course Sakurai gonna's wait for the right moment to disconfirm or confrim Ridley?
That is my point. Sakurai could have finished this a long time ago, and show it in video or picture form.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
What the **** happened here?
Scans from Nintendo Dream (that contained pretty much everything we already knew) were mistranslated and hinted at a Pyrosphere boss/ Ridley being a boss, It didn't help we had some detractors come in as well. Thankfully things were translated by an actual human (the previous translation was via Google Translate) and we saw things actually hint in Ridley's direction for being a playable character/ Pyrosphere not having a boss.

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Scans from Nintendo Dream (that contained pretty much everything we already knew) were mistranslated and hinted at a Pyrosphere boss/ Ridley being a boss, It didn't help we had some detractors come in as well. Thankfully things were translated by an actual human (the previous translation was via Google Translate) and we saw things actually hint in Ridley's direction for being a playable character/ Pyrosphere not having a boss.
Good theory good theory

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I can't take it anymore, I have to say this and I can't wait for Soulless to say it for me, and I think I should have done that a long time ago.

I can't. and I won't do anything about the group pic. I really hate that it ended this way, but, I'm being sincere. I think I was too overconfident about myself and that it was going to be easy, when in actually it isn't, specially when you compromised to over 30 people, each one with a really unique request that I may or not be able to get, depending in my recent abilities. After thr stressing week I had before I could have my vacations, the only thing I wanted was to rest, then I remembered I had said the in those days I would start sketching each request. And then my personal issues appeared and I just saw that in the 4th quarter of Univesity, it is going to get heavier for me, and I only have one week left to rest before it starts.

I'm so sorry about all this, and sorry that I failed to you all.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I can't take it anymore, I have to say this and I can't wait for Soulless to say it for me, and I think I should have done that a long time ago.

I can't. and I won't do anything about the group pic. I really hate that it ended this way, but, I'm being sincere. I think I was too overconfident about myself and that it was going to be easy, when in actually it isn't, specially when you compromised to over 30 people, each one with a really unique request that I may or not be able to get, depending in my recent abilities. After thr stressing week I had before I could have my vacations, the only thing I wanted was to rest, then I remembered I had said the in those days I would start sketching each request. And then my personal issues appeared and I just saw that in the 4th quarter of Univesity, it is going to get heavier for me, and I only have one week left to rest before it starts.

You didn't fail us, most people in the group pic that were supposed to happen aren't here and tons of new people. The only group pic we need is a screenshot of the Ridley sub forum.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

They're requests. People asking favors. You aren't even being commissioned for them. You're not under any obligation.

And your own relaxation and well being take precedence.

Last edited:

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice

Calm down it's ok no need to over react it a video game

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
Whenever i think about Ridley's Final Smash i think it will be some kind of super grab where he drags you cross the stage (kind of like how he did in Brawl SSE and DOA:Dimensions) ending in somekind of nasty slam doing AOE damage. Then again most stages don't have walls so i don't know how'd it work. ..:ohwell:

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

Calm down. Put down the tablet, the pens, the paper, whatever you're trying to work with, lock them up and take a nap. Nobody's claiming you've failed them, your health and mental well-being come first.

Anyone who says otherwise... will be reported to High Command for treason. :evil:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Whenever i think about Ridley's Final Smash i think it will be some kind of super grab where he drags you cross the stage (kind of like how he did in Brawl SSE and DOA:Dimensions) ending in somekind of nasty slam doing AOE damage. Then again most stages don't have walls so i don't know how'd it work. ..:ohwell:
it could be cinematic, kinda like captain falcons and mega mans is..

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Sadly, what seems to debunk that is the fact that the stage is not shrouded in darkness. Most of us believe that could be a flight mechanic unique to Ridley.
Not saying it is a final smash for sure, just that it's possible. Looking at the Sm4sh final smashes, Giga Bowser and Giga Mac actually don't look like there's an difference to the stage lighting. At all.
Giga Mac is at 4:15 btw

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Thankfully things were translated by an actual human (the previous translation was via Google Translate) and we saw things actually hint in Ridley's direction for being a playable character/ Pyrosphere not having a boss.
What about the translations suggest that?

Top Bottom