• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
*I* think that his charged up fireballs should burst when they hit the stage and spread sticky napalm around the ground, turning it into a flaming damage zone!

Also, when he's in the air, they should be launched diagonally downwards towards the stage. And using them while he's gliding shouldn't interrupt his glide.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Since we're on the subject of pyromania, one of my smash attack ideas was having Ridley exhale a powerful ball of fire upwards for his Up Smash. Similar to Snake's mortar Up Smash, but this one is faster and at a slight angle instead of 90 degrees.

His Down Smash would have been him either standing on his feet or hovering in the air and sweeping the ground around him with a stream of flames (or his kinetic breath, 'cause WHO CARES IF IT CAME FROM META-RIDLEY!? >:D )

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I always imagined Ridley's U-Smash working like Zelda's Uair, but on steroids.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
*I* think that his charged up fireballs should burst when they hit the stage and spread sticky napalm around the ground, turning it into a flaming damage zone!

Also, when he's in the air, they should be launched diagonally downwards towards the stage. And using them while he's gliding shouldn't interrupt his glide.
you just entered the DANGER DAMAGE ZONE

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
http://nintendoeverything.com/why-sakurai-isnt-keen-on-adding-fighting-characters-to-smash-bros/

“The biggest feature we look at in Smash Bros. is, ‘What does this character bring to Smash Bros. that other characters don’t?’ If you look at… someone from a fighting game already, and people like fighting with this character, from my point of view, it’s like ‘this guy does what this guy already does. He fills the role that this character already has. So while you may like this character and he’s interesting, that doesn’t really merge well, here.”
Translation seems a bit rough... In any case...

I like how it's apparently not interesting to make playable characters that originate from other fighting games, but it was apparently A-OK to give boss roles to characters that already play a boss role in their respective games... ~_~

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
http://nintendoeverything.com/why-sakurai-isnt-keen-on-adding-fighting-characters-to-smash-bros/

Translation seems a bit rough... In any case...

I like how it's apparently not interesting to make playable characters that originate from other fighting games, but it was apparently A-OK to give boss roles to characters that already play a boss role in their respective games... ~_~
Little Mac De-Confirmed? Lmfao.....? Or Sakurai Slighly tryna assure us they wont be Tekkan/Namco fighting chars?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Little Mac De-Confirmed? Lmfao.....? Or Sakurai Slighly tryna assure us they wont be Tekkan/Namco fighting chars?
people are saying that because villager had boxing gloves and a balloon hat that mac + balloon fighter are deconfirmed, but I don't think we can be sure yet. I mean, little mac is getting a stage. (not like that helped ridley in brawl lmao)

s'long as the villager doesn't have a killing samus's parent's move, I think we're fine.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
people are saying that because villager had boxing gloves and a balloon hat that mac + balloon fighter are deconfirmed, but I don't think we can be sure yet. I mean, little mac is getting a stage. (not like that helped ridley in brawl lmao)

s'long as the villager doesn't have a killing samus's parent's move, I think we're fine.
Yh...tbh im sick to death of all this Bull* F_ck knows how you lot been doing this since 06/7/8... You lot are Warriors RealTalk...

Ugh....soooo much Bull* its pointless...the most exciting thing to look forward to Pre-Smash is the Chars....i would be fine with just more gameplay....soo boring theres nothing to play...

Going through Bowser's Inside Story again. <3 Bowser.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yh...tbh im sick to death of all this Bull* F_ck knows how you lot been doing this since 06/7/8... You lot are Warriors RealTalk...

Ugh....soooo much Bull* its pointless...the most exciting thing to look forward to Pre-Smash is the Chars....i would be fine with just more gameplay....soo boring theres nothing to play...

Going through Bowser's Inside Story again. <3 Bowser.
haha you just gotta remember that no matter how much we debate it here, no matter how deeply we theorycraft, no matter how many character support threads and movesets we make, it has absolutely zero impact on the game itself, so as long as you have conviction in your own opinions, nothing that is said on these boards matters at all. It's fun to discuss the stuff, of course, hence our being here, but when too much bull**** walks, just ignore it, either they'll be flabbergasted on a fateful site update or you will be, no way of telling who beforehand. (plus they're probably just some middleschooler anyways, like I was in 06 xD. you really wanna go to blows with a middleschooler?)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

But isn't Villager supposed to be a psycho now?

Oh dear, they'll rewrite it so he did it! Nooooo!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
haha you just gotta remember that no matter how much we debate it here, no matter how deeply we theorycraft, no matter how many character support threads and movesets we make, it has absolutely zero impact on the game itself, so as long as you have conviction in your own opinions, nothing that is said on these boards matters at all. It's fun to discuss the stuff, of course, hence our being here, but when too much bull**** walks, just ignore it, either they'll be flabbergasted on a fateful site update or you will be, no way of telling who beforehand. (plus they're probably just some middleschooler anyways, like I was in 06 xD. you really wanna go to blows with a middleschooler?)
Yeah...your right...its mainly personal issues im venting....sorry...
But the wait is long....very long....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Everyone! Make sure to eat at Chick-fil-A to defend its owner's right to define playability as a relationship between one playable character and one NOT-TOO-BIG size from those pro-playable Ridley bullies labeling him a Too Bigot.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
After reading the OP, I have no problem with Ridley's size...but I'm worried about one thing...Do you guys think that Sakurai might consider him 'too big'?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After reading the OP, I have no problem with Ridley's size...but I'm worried about one thing...Do you guys think that Sakurai might consider him 'too big'?
It's possible.

We don't really know what he thinks...

At least we know he has thought about how to make it work.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think any video game developer would really see a problem with it. Considering they probably have a pretty good grasp on the nature of video games.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ridley's Stage Entrance should involve him eating a Poison Mushroom. :troll:

Srsly, though. He could be slightly bigger than Bowser.
And it might be a good idea not to put hitboxes in his wings (think of them as Link's sword), since they make out like 50% of his whole frame.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
best anti Ridley argument i've ever seen.

We need to go further! WE NEED TO RESIZE OURSELVES!
I love Scatman's reply.

"Yes. Yes I can."

He's right though, we can resize ourselves pretty easily. I can get bigger and smaller depending on how much food I eat, exercise, etc.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I love Scatman's reply.

"Yes. Yes I can."

He's right though, we can resize ourselves pretty easily. I can get bigger and smaller depending on how much food I eat, exercise, etc.
Oh. OH. That's the direction you were going with that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm noticing an intriguing new trend among the Moral Anti-Ridley Majority: claiming that Ridley can only grow in size between games, rather than shrink, because that's how biological growth works.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm noticing an intriguing new trend among the Moral Anti-Ridley Majority: claiming that Ridley can only grow in size between games, rather than shrink, because that's how biological growth works.
Beetles are much larger in their larval stage...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeah...your right...its mainly personal issues im venting....sorry...
But the wait is long....very long....
No worries man. Fight the good fight. I believe. You'd be surprised how fast time passes between work/school.

Now now Oasis...

I don't want to appear cocky or anything. :troll:

No but you're being a d ick

#penisjokes

don't judge usernames, sometimes people are stuck with one they don't like.

@....@

nessokman

Smash Lord
I still don't see all that Ridley can bring to the rooster. A heavier character that can fly multiple times: Dedede. Don't see what he can bring.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I still don't see all that Ridley can bring to the rooster. A heavier character that can fly multiple times: Dedede. Don't see what he can bring.
Because that's why we want him in. To be heavier and fly.

In all seriousness, Ridley would be a character who doesn't do too well on the ground but is unmatched in the air. His physical attacks would be slower, but his projectiles would be a tough problem to deal with. Ironically enough, making Ridley larger than most other characters gives him a slight disadvantage based on the fact that his hit box would be far larger, and therefore would be part of his downfall. He would be prone to getting combo'ed if he doesn't escape to the air.

He would have an exclusive strategy in my opinion. Build up damage by inflicting damage swiftly, and then escaping before he takes too much damage.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know what Ridley can bring to a rooster.

However, Ridley could bring a lot to the Smash 4 roster.

D

Deleted member

Guys. Ridley obviously brought something to a rooster.
How do you explain Little Birdie?

EDIT: Isn't it ironic though, that Little Birdie isn't too big, yet he's Ridley? By association, Ridley is not too big. :troll:

Just keep him in Little Birdie mode and have the oh-so GINORMOUS Godzilla-sized space dragon form that takes up the whole screen (2 on the 3DS though it's still not enough to show all of him) as his Final Smash.
Simple as that. :awesome:

Top Bottom