• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
I'm convinced sakurai will not reveal Ridley until every single one of our wills are broken, and we give up.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm convinced sakurai will not reveal Ridley until every single one of our wills are broken, and we give up.
My will is already broken.
I'm just here for funzies because everyone I initially supported either turned into the equivelant of Pokemon Stadium 1/2's Background-TV (Kamek [FOR THE YOSHI SERIES, SINCE HE'S THE MAIN VILLAIN IN THAT SERIES, NOT MARIO SERIES]), turned into a Smash Run enemy (Shy Guy [Again, Yoshi Series]) or is an Assist Trophy (Waluigi) and as such I'm just here to keep spirits high in the Ridley Thread.
I must persevere, however. Onward I shall push! *blows army horn*

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Been gone for a bit. Did I miss anything Ridley related in the last day or two? No? Thought so lol.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
My will is already broken.
I'm just here for funzies because everyone I initially supported either turned into the equivelant of Pokemon Stadium 1/2's Background-TV (Kamek [FOR THE YOSHI SERIES, SINCE HE'S THE MAIN VILLAIN IN THAT SERIES, NOT MARIO SERIES]), turned into a Smash Run enemy (Shy Guy [Again, Yoshi Series]) or is an Assist Trophy (Waluigi) and as such I'm just here to keep spirits high in the Ridley Thread.
I must persevere, however. Onward I shall push! *blows army horn*
Shy Guy's my favorite Mario/Yoshi character, period, but I think that there would be plenty of other Mario reps that would/should get in over our favorite mysterious masked creature. Kamek, as you pointed out, would be a good choice. Ridley will deliver us from all of these evils though, and we shall drink the tears of detractors! (okay not really)

Weavel

Smash Ace
Shy Guy's my favorite Mario/Yoshi character, period, but I think that there would be plenty of other Mario reps that would/should get in over our favorite mysterious masked creature. Kamek, as you pointed out, would be a good choice. Ridley will deliver us from all of these evils though, and we shall drink the tears of detractors! (okay not really)
YES REALLY!!!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Please, let's stay civil about it. If we rub it in their face as much as they did back in April, then we are no better than the detractors, themselves.
Still gonna draw an Image of my Mii drinking Shokio's tears.
He hates the Miis, I hate him.
It's a grudge.

Marx the Jester

Smash Cadet
Please, let's stay civil about it. If we rub it in their face as much as they did back in April, then we are no better than the detractors, themselves.
Ridley would want us to savor the victory in the defeat of our enemies.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well, if there's one thing that this thread of ours can be proud of, it's our extreme stubbornness perseverance. Even through our darkest moments, even after the events of Brawl and Melee, we've still managed to stand proud and find ways to prove that we should still be hopeful for his great unveiling. Here's to the potential of Ridley becoming a veteran and finally ending the eternally stupid flame wars.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Although, I agree with being civil if he turns out to be playable, but some of them just outright deserve it. Have you seen on YouTube, Neogaf, gamefaqs, and knowyourmeme all the slander a person can get just for supporting Ridley? Some of them definitely need a taste of their own medicine.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Although, I agree with being civil if he turns out to be playable, some of them just outright deserve it. Have you seen on YouTube, Neogaf, gamefaqs, and knowyourmeme all the slander a person can get just for supporting Ridley? Some of them definitely need a taste of their own medicine.
Its not wrong to get them back for this, its a god damn video game for god sakes! Lets just indulge ourself in retribution! Games are about bragging rights!

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Good point. I still don't know why Sakurai didn't want to show him at the invitational... Did they think people would boo him? (I certainly didn't want Pac-man in the game before I saw his trailertbh)
I heard it was a deal to give gaming sites a scoop that wouldn't just be summarizing what everyone already saw if they tuned into nintendos e3 show

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
...Nah. Favors should be repaid in kind~
I follow what you're saying

I've been sitting in this seat a lot longer than most here. I've seen the best and worst of detractors. On other sites, sites less civil or less distinguished than smashboards, there will be plenty of flaming when the rolls of polarizing characters are announced. I won't be partaking in that. It's petty, and it brings one down to their level. And frankly, it would disappoint me if I saw any of the space pirates I knew dragging their own dignity through the mud by flaming, or getting banned/warnings from such activities.

Now, snide remarks, on topic sarcasm, or overly silly gloating avatars/signatures? That I can get behind.

Basically, rub it in all you want as long as you stay within the forum rules. I don't want space pirate blood on the thread. : )

So Phaazoid is the science team?

There is no hope...
Hey

hey

I'll have you know I'm working on a way to bottle @ Johnknight1 Johnknight1 's optimism as a one spray cure all for negative nancies. It's pure genius.

Also I have a finglonger.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
UGH! IT'S SELFISH BEHAVEOR LIKE THIS THAT MAKES ME QUESTION MY CONVERSION! :mad:

Seriously, have you got no sympathy? Yes, the detractors have been like bullies to you guys for they have attacked you for having an opinion. Ridley's inclusion should be a good wake-up call to reality, but to smother it in their face would be adding insult to injury. Do they deserve it? Probably so, but leave that to Karma, and don't mess up your own by bearing these grudges! Think about how the rest will feel for a change, and choose your actions wisely, or you likely won't get the ending you've wanted for fifteen years.

Do I make myself clear?!
:demon:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
UGH! IT'S SELFISH BEHAVEOR LIKE THIS THAT MAKES ME QUESTION MY CONVERSION! :mad:

Seriously, have you got no sympathy? Yes, the detractors have been like bullies to you guys for they have attacked you for having an opinion. Ridley's inclusion should be a good wake-up call to reality, but to smother it in their face would be adding insult to injury. Do they deserve it? Probably so, but leave that to Karma, and don't mess up your own by bearing these grudges! Think about how the rest will feel for a change, and choose your actions wisely, or you likely won't get the ending you've wanted for fifteen years.
Do I make myself clear?! :demon:
i understand what you mean, and yes if we do that once ridley is confirmed as a playable character, we would be no better than them. but however i feel like it might be the first instink we do when he gets confirmed, but i dont speak for the whole page :/ But the way i see it, its like a football game. its natural instink for the winning team to get all excited and rub it in to the losing team as in a way of teasing (im not a sports guy but my uncles are so i understand that basic thing) but in ridleys case its flame wars

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

But MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
SHOKIO CALLED US SUPPORTERS THE N WORD! :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I still vote we at least devour the detractors. Ridley would want it this way.
I mean, shred them, sure, but would you really want to eat them? You are what you eat and it'd suck to become a detractor after Ridley's confirmation.

I in no way condoned any of what you are describing. In fact, I use snide remarks, on topic sarcasm, and silly pictures/avatars in most of my posts anyways. I obviously can't control or babysit every member of this thread, nor do I want to. But you have it from me, a Ridley fan from the Brawl era, that I will not flame, hate, grudge, or go out of my way to make Ridley haters angry if Ridley is confirmed.

A little embarrassed, though? I won't go out of my way, but if I see a ripe opportunity, I'll jump on it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Inb4 the next Metroid game retcons Other M the crap out of existence.
I hope it is literally to Metroid what Days of Future Past was to the X-Men movies.

BTW, I'm so glad all the crap in X-Men 3 and kinda sorta X-Men 1 and 2 got cut from X-Men! Now only the good stuff remains!!! :grin:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010

Yes I agree completely. I don't plan on poring salt on their wounds. but I will probably make some witty puns on miiverse. Ill probably draw Ridley Bowser and Olimar in a playable character only cafe. And have Ridley telling a joke saying "And then he said TOO BIG!" with Bowser and Olimar laughing uncontrollably. I think it would be a clever/funny wake up call if it got in the most popular.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I will mock them mercilessly, but that's about it. You must agree that they deserve that much.

Besides, all this talk is still counting our little birdies before they've been cloned. We'll cross the bridge of what to do to the detractors after it comes.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think the Space Jam theme song should be our "One of Us"
No, seriously
1. Space is in the title, Ridley lives there
2. One of the lyrics is "C'mon it's time to get hype"
3. Another lyric is "Pass that thing and watch me flex", giving Roidley much needed representation
Literally the best thing ever.

Ridley out of 10 feet tall height limit.
That was literally the dumbest thing ever.
Instead of fans at the Smash E3 Invitational going home with "man, that tournament was amazing AND SO WAS PAC-MAN" that would have capped off a LEGENDARY E3 FOR NINTENDO!!!

But nah, Nintendo left with a whimper.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So, still no Nintendo direct announced for this month yet... Do you guys think we'll get one at all? Or will Sakurai just drop a newcomer trailer on us with no warning whatsoever?

DOWN WITH CIVILIZATION!!!

DOWN WITH THE GALACTIC FEDERATION!!!

HAIL HYDRA THANOS!!!
I NEED TO BOTTLE THIS

I NEED TO LITERALLY CONTAIN THE HYPE

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'm trying my best not to sound offensive, but you do realize all the detractors that say he's too big are the ones that try to insert logic in a game that lacks any. Ridley's role wouldn't matter logic-wise because Smash lacks any logic.
I'm not detracting it. I'm simply asking if people think that he'd be a bit ridiculous given his large proportion, long arms, ability to fly / glide (most likely triple jump), ability to shoot fireballs, etc.

If he was in the game, do you think he would lose any of those? Do you think he'd be shrunk down to bowsers size? Would he be able to fly? That's what I'm getting at here.

Never did I say he SHOULD be a boss. I asked if people think that given his abilities, would be ruined as a player character due to limitations or would he be SSS tier.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
By the way guys, I hear a lot of "Shadow Math" arguments here.

Whenever I hear "Shadow Math" being talked about on any side, I just have fond, fond memories of "Steiner Math".

Top Bottom