• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
School starts on Tuesday for me! Hahahaha
Cheating death like Ridley himself.

I hope we get something this week though.
I think we may have already gotten the most out of this week (Meta Knight, I don't expect another character to be revealed this week, maybe next week). I could be wrong because there was a time like around Oct. - Dec. 2013 we got 2 reveals in one week (or was it the week after, I don't remember), both veterans if I recall. Then we got Lucina, Robin, and Captain Falcon in the 3rd week of July. So I don't expect anything this week but maybe next week. IDK just me taking a guess.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So what do you guys think about this: is it likely that we'll get classic Ridley (Super Metroid/Brawl) as an alternate costume? The Metroid content in this game is pretty much Other M-themed, but there are some elements from past games such as Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.

If Samus is going to get an alt, then I imagine that Ridley might get the same treatment.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
You're telling that to the wrong person. I know all that, but Roidley has a bunch, and BaganSmashBros thinks they're ribs. I'm under the impression that the developers didn't put a lot of thought into what they're supposed to be.
Metroid's supposed to be a realistic series; if you can see any bones at all in Ridley's chest there's a problem. Specifically of the "not enough muscle to fly under his own power" variety. Roidley and Conceptley get it a lot closer to realism, and frankly I'd stop it at one of those two because a fully "realistic" Ridley would have a keeled sternum like a bird's. :urg:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So what do you guys think about this: is it likely that we'll get classic Ridley (Super Metroid/Brawl) as an alternate costume? The Metroid content in this game is pretty much Other M-themed, but there are some elements from past games such as Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.

If Samus is going to get an alt, then I imagine that Ridley might get the same treatment.
I'm definitely hoping Ridley gets an alt of a second Ridley. Mapping issues is the only problem, but that isn't something Sakurai has a problem with.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'm sorry guys....I tried to believe. I tried to keep up hope.

I can't. No longer. Can't lie to myself.

Ridley is...

'Froley confirmed. Super Smash Dance Party Revolution confirmed. Ridiculous hairstyle alts confirmed as DLC for Sm4sh.

Guys, MK has a pic of him having battle damage, what could Ridley's battle damage possibly be? Other than the green blood that gave the game a 16+ rating of course
Torn up wings of course. And battle scarring.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Metroid's supposed to be a realistic series; if you can see any bones at all in Ridley's chest there's a problem. Specifically of the "not enough muscle to fly under his own power" variety. Roidley and Conceptley get it a lot closer to realism, and frankly I'd stop it at one of those two because a fully "realistic" Ridley would have a keeled sternum like a bird's. :urg:
I'm not sure what your point is exactly, but Ridley's chest muscles would control his arms, not his wings. The flight muscles are likely supposed to be in the hump on his back, sort of like an insect's. Roidley almost completely lacks that hump, making it actually the least realistic in that regard.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Guys, MK has a pic of him having battle damage, what could Ridley's battle damage possibly be? Other than the green blood that gave the game a 16+ rating of course
we dont know why that is just yet. it could still be a cosmetic change like how skull kid had a green blotch on his foot and now he doesn't have it anymore.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I dunno personally...I think Ridley might be the last character to be revealed before release if anything. It seems like someone of his caliber would be the most fitting reveal.
There is Shulk, though. Obviously Ridley is a bigger character (no pun intended), but Shulk is popular in Japan, so maybe they will reveal him as the last newcomer and save Ridley for unlockable material. IMO that would be stupid, but hey it is Nintendo.
Metroid's supposed to be a realistic series
No, it isn't. lol

Last edited:

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
So how cool/funny would it be if when Ridley was introduced it some how has a shot at the fake Samus like how the PoTD did with Meta Knight.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I hope we atleast get a direct friday/ a monday livestream trailer on monday.

Please sakurai, before school starts.
Where's the confidence? Want to make a deal again? :trollface:

I really want a clefairy alt for jigglypuff and a blood falcon alt for falcon but yeah only dreams now.

I still believe Ridley will get a September reveal the day/week before release.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Impossible scenario: You know, I've been wondering if Ridley is revealed on the day Smash 4 3DS releases (and somehow nobody leaks whole the roster before NA and EU release) will all of you jump right on it and find a way to unlock him right then and there? I know I would.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I'm not sure what your point is exactly, but Ridley's chest muscles would control his arms, not his wings. The flight muscles are likely supposed to be in the hump on his back, sort of like an insect's. Roidley almost completely lack that hump, making it actually the least realistic in that regard.
No. Flight muscle for a vertebrate anchors at the sternum. At Ridley's size, you don't need very much to raise the wing structure (read: absence of "hump"), it's the downstroke that needs power. That being said, Ridley really shouldn't be able to fly at all due to where his wings are located anyway. :p

But enough dead Espurrs... there are still doubters here!? Unacceptable. Listen up, you nonbelievers, RIDLEY IS CONFIRMED. There is no alternative. Anyone trying to sell you on one is standing on unsteady ground. And that is fact. :grrr:

Reila

You know, I've been wondering if Ridley is revealed on the day Smash 4 3DS releases (and somehow nobody leaks the roster before NA and EU release) will all of you jump right on it and find a way to unlock him right then and there? I know I would.
Impossible. We might get roster leaks before the Japanese release, let alone the NA/EU releases.

But yeah, as soon as I get the game, I will proceed to unlock both Ridley and Robin, if they aren't starters, of course (Ridley most likely will not be).

NNID
Majorasmask66
There is Shulk, though. Obviously Ridley is a bigger character (no pun intended), but Shulk is popular in Japan, so maybe they will reveal him as the last newcomer and save Ridley for unlockable material. IMO that would be stupid, but hey it is Nintendo.

No, it isn't. lol
Heres how i think it will go down. Shulk reveal during an august nintendo direct and Ridley will be revealed a day before release. But yeah it is nintendo were talking about so anything could happen.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
School starts on Tuesday for me! Hahahaha
Cheating death like Ridley himself.

I hope we get something this week though.
My school starts September. *points and laughs* :wario:
'Froley confirmed. Super Smash Dance Party Revolution confirmed. Ridiculous hairstyle alts confirmed as DLC for Sm4sh.
You mean RIDLEYculous? :happysheep:
What am I fighting Fooooooooor...
It's not battle damage. Just an artifact revealed due to the angle.
Huh, never noticed that all that much. :D

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
This is my favorite place on the internet. You guys post the best Ridley-related (and even Metroid-related for that matter) material on this thread, and it makes this Metroid fan very happy (even if my sanity's dwindling at this point from the wait).

Long live Ridley, our lord and savior.

Reila

Heres how i think it will go down. Shulk reveal during an august nintendo direct and Ridley will be revealed a day before release. But yeah it is nintendo were talking about so anything could happen.
Sounds good and I can see two reveals happening in the following 30 days. One in a Direct and one in a "random day" like Robin and Lucina's reveal.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm sorry guys....I tried to believe. I tried to keep up hope.

I can't. No longer. Can't lie to myself.

Ridley is...

(BURN BABY BURN!!!)
PYROSPHERE INFERNO!!!!

(BURN BABY BURN!!!)
BURN THAT RIDLEY DOWN!!!!

(BURN BABY BURN!!!)
PYROSPHERE INFERNO!!!!

(BURN BABY BURN!!!)
BURN THAT RIDLEY DOWN!!!!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
This is my favorite place on the internet. You guys post the best Ridley-related (and even Metroid-related for that matter) material on this thread, and it makes this Metroid fan very happy (even if my sanity's dwindling at this point from the wait).

Long live Ridley, our lord and savior.
I know that feeling. Sometimes I get the idea that this is the last remaining bastion for Metroid/Ridley support on the internet, even though this is seemingly far from true.

I only wish I had been here since this thread's creation.

D

Deleted member

It has been some time since I've been here, what did I lose?
Btw, has the SPlounge drawing already been done?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I've probably already asked this, but could someone create a picture of Other M sized Ridley on the non-FD version of Pyrosphere, along with our shadow-analysized Ridley?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Wasn't there gonna be something in corocoro on the tenth that might have talked about pyrosphere? what ever happened with that? Also, is anyone here still expecting an august reveal for Ridley?

Wasn't there gonna be something in corocoro on the tenth that might have talked about pyrosphere? what ever happened with that? Also, is anyone here still expecting an august reveal for Ridley?
We got absolutely nothing Ridley related and they didn't cover stages.
20th or bust for trailer

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
The corocoro was disappointing except for pokemon fans. Except except for pokemon fans that dislike mega evolutions, but it isnt Ridley. So yeah. No Ridley in corocoro. No Ridley in Metaknight's pictures either for that matter. Plenty of wings though.

Reila

Do you people think Ridley will be heavy and floaty like Samus?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know that feeling. Sometimes I get the idea that this is the last remaining bastion for Metroid/Ridley support on the internet, even though this is seemingly far from true.

I only wish I had been here since this thread's creation.
You guys have no idea how the Ridley threads on SWF are big and talked outside of SWF.

It's pretty astonishing.

I've heard Smashers who don't like SWF talk about the ideas they heard about Ridley that originated on SWF (whether they know it or not) very lovingly.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
No. Flight muscle for a vertebrate anchors at the sternum. At Ridley's size, you don't need very much to raise the wing structure (read: absence of "hump"), it's the downstroke that needs power. That being said, Ridley really shouldn't be able to fly at all due to where his wings are located anyway. :p
Ridley is a fictional creature. Name one vertebrate that has wings separate from its arms, or that goes through the kind of metamorphosis shown in Other M. There aren't any. If Ridley can do those things, then he can have insect-style wings. Birds and bats only have their wings as part of their arms because they evolved from regular forelimbs.

Do you people think Ridley will be heavy and floaty like Samus?
Probably. I hope so, at least

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
LTTP as usual, but the wings of flying vertebrates (and wyvern-type dragons) are their actual arms modified through evolution, European-type dragons like Ridley grow their wing on their backs.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Imagination Caps on and Hot Coffee ready, people, we're having a Trailer idea.
Pyrosphere, dark place, Lava isn't flowing, very low lighting.
SA-X/Samus (whichever you prefer, Power-Suit/Zero-Suit respectively), Meta Knight & Fox are walking cautiously.
Claw noises heard, lava bursts out of a new-opened wall behind the trio, Pyrosphere is now lit up.
The trio looks around cautiously, with noises of wings flapping feintly hearable. (Meanwhile, Game & Watch stolls in the background for no good reason with no gameplay of him shown once more, because why the hale not)
Then, a screech.
There, he flies down.
Ridley.
SUDDENLY PLASMA GUN SHOT, BANG!
The four turn towards where the plasma shot came from.

And Ridley is a boss. :troll:
Awesome, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom