• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Wouldn't put it past someone like Sakurai to do it though.
I wouldn't expect Sakurai to do it at all. He wants as many people as possible, as hyped as possible. The only thing positive with the words "PoTD" and "Ridley" in the same sentence would be: "Ridley's announcement trailer has been confirmed to be broadcasted on (insert date/time here) in the new PoTD."

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think it's worth noting that while the main website has confirmed Meta Knight in a PotD, there is no actual PIc of the Day on Miiverse. We may have more coming today.

Aha. Nevermind, Miiverse was just being slow.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Not related to Ridley but...

Welcome back, Meta-Knight!
Damn, look at him! He has gauntlets and stuff! And he STOLE RIDLEYS WINGS OH GOD.
Well, that took you way too long Sakurai. Now to wait for him to post a picture of a Mii Fighter wearing a Ridley hat.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Pyrosphere not mentioned at all in the stage 1 list for 3ds and Wii U yet. Interesting, I wonder if they have more to reveal on it or a secret they want kept...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
God, the moment I saw the update for "Stages 1", I swear I nearly had a heart-attack. But Ridley is safe...for now.

And so much for seeing Meta Knight revealed in Ridley's trailer.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I wanted to add to my post about Meta-Knight's reveal, but Crashboards 2.0 strikes again. Basically, when I saw Meta-Knight's wings, I had a semi heart attack thinking it was Ridley. x.x

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I wanted to add to my post about Meta-Knight's reveal, but Crashboards 2.0 strikes again. Basically, when I saw Meta-Knight's wings, I had a semi heart attack thinking it was Ridley. x.x
I had the same thought. Those wings caught me off guard when the picture was loading.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It looks like Meta Knight's gliding ability has been removed according to the Miiverse post.

Either this means good news for Ridley (since it will make him unique in the roster), or it doesn't bode well for him. Make what you will of it.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Hmm, gliding might be cut in general, Meta Knight doesn't glide in a Shuttle Loop anymore
I thought it was confirmed that gliding IS cut.

Also. Does this announcement mean that my Meta Knight vs Ridley trailer won't come true?

I still have high hopes for a Star Fox/Mewtwo/Ridley trailer.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hmm, gliding might be cut in general, Meta Knight doesn't glide in a Shuttle Loop anymore
That was just Sakurai's concession to the cries of "nerf Meta Knight". Shuttle Loop no longer glides. Everything else is the same.
It looks like Metaknight crashed Smashboards for a few minutes. 'Tis but a taste of what's to come.
Agreed. If just Meta Knight did that, Ridley's day is going to be considerably worse.

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice

Also. Does this announcement mean that my Meta Knight vs Ridley trailer won't come true?
Not entirely, just that Metaknight won't be a surprise if it does happen.

That was just Sakurai's concession to the cries of "nerf Meta Knight". Shuttle Loop no longer glides. Everything else is the same.
We don't know that for sure, there could (and should, imo) still be more nerfs to his moveset to come.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Warning: Straw grasping at maximum level

There is a picture of Meta Knight with Samus:

And another picture of Meta Knight with two Dragon-type Pokémon:

Guess who is a dragon, related to Samus and have a few similarities with Meta Knight :awesome:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

I'm still expecting a Ridley versus Mewtwo trailer. It only makes sense to put the two most heavily demanded characters in the same trailer.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Warning: Straw grasping at maximum level

There is a picture of Meta Knight with Samus:

Guess who is a dragon, related to Samus and have a few similarities with Meta Knight :awesome:
Mayhap you can't count. That's Garchomp, Hydreigon, Axew, and Dragonite.

Four Dragons, not two.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dragon types on the Kalos League stage, huh? Might amount to a stage boss, might just be Pokémon Stadium-esque cameos, probably the latter.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Sorry for being late/off-topic, but...

What do we say to the god of disconfirmation? "NOT TODAY!" I'll be spammin' his sword to victory once again! :joyful:

But yeah, still not Ridley.......sorry if I sounded like I back-stabbed you guys.

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for being late/off-topic, but...

What do we say to the god of disconfirmation? "NOT TODAY!" I'll be spammin' his sword to victory once again! :joyful:
Do you mean his Jab? Because I'm pretty sure Sakurai said he was getting rid of infinite jabs; they'll always have a finisher.

On-Topic: Who do you guys think will be in the potential/inevitable Ridley reveal trailer with/against the Big Guy?

Does having four instead of two change your opinion of the straw-grasping nature of it?
Or it could be that only Dragon-Types will be present on that stage. Idk, it's possible; they are the most awesomest.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Or maybe I just haven't seem them in the picture before? Way to be a jerk, eh?
Sorry. It was meant to be silly/teasing. Not mean. :( I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just point out that there were more dragons... Sorry... :cry:

Does having four instead of two change your opinion of the straw-grasping nature of it?

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

Don't you mean three Dragon-Type Pokémon? I mean, I can understand why someone would confuse Garchomp for being a Shark-Type. :/

Edit: My bad, four.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Don't you mean three Dragon-Type Pokémon? I mean, I can understand why someone would confuse Garchomp for being a Shark-Type. :/
Four. Dragonite is behind Kirby, Axew is between them, Hydreigon is behind Meta Knight, and Garchomp is on the left hand side.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
This is VERY optimistic of me, but since Meta-Knight has now been confirmed two days from the "Mii Hats" PotD, I feel like something Metroid is coming very soon. Brace yourselves, fellow Ridleymites.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Do you mean his Jab? Because I'm pretty sure Sakurai said he was getting rid of infinite jabs; they'll always have a finisher.

On-Topic: Who do you guys think will be in the potential/inevitable Ridley reveal trailer with/against the Big Guy?

Or it could be that only Dragon-Types will be present on that stage. Idk, it's possible; they are the most awesomest.
There already are a few that still have infinite jabs, only that after you stop holding said button they will hit them away instead of simply stopping.

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think Ganondorf will be revealed tomorrow too? If so, do you think he'll end up being revealed with Ridley as well?

There already are a few that still have infinite jabs, only that after you stop holding said button they will hit them away instead of simply stopping.
Doesn't that still seem kinda OP, then?

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I have this gut feeling that Sakurai is going to call back to the footage of Ridley's shadow in the Direct if Ridley is confirmed, after reading the Miiverse post accompanying Meta Knight.

"Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!"

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
He said gliding is gone. He didn't say flying was out of the question. We actually have footage of Mega Charizard flying in a similar way as Shadow Ridley.

(I started referring to the shadow we saw in the Direct as "Shadow Ridley" but it never caught on)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At the same time...

Sakurai cleared up his trolling pretty quickly...

HGRN!!!

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Something I realized is that the Halberd teased Meta Knight much like the Pyrosphere is teasing Ridley.
Oh crap....That might be pretty bad. Although I wouldn't call what Ridley doing is "gliding" as it's more like Peach's floating. Also the fact he took the time to state that might mean its a coincidence.

Top Bottom