• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Ridley is playable. He would have a brand new design like ZSS but still have elements of Other M just like her.

Why make a new design for him if he is going to be a Stage boss when you can just copy/import his Other M model.

Development time for him would be way faster and his status would have been known by now rather than just teasing a could be non playable character.
And we already know that Ridley is inspired heavily by Other M but isn't exactly the same, which is... interesting... to say the least.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'd like to see that zoomed in picture you mentioned then, because if it's not the upper OR lower chest, then I don't know how much chest there is left to be talking about.
Then i just failed to explain something. Here they are:
Those are not muscles. Compare that to human skeleton, classic Ridley and concept art Ridley. He just looks bulky and not that much anyway.
Thanks Ryuga. No, I mean before Birdley started binging on everything that wasn't nailed down.
No if you can pull it loose it isn't nailed down.

It's important. If this is really a redesigned model for a trophy, maybe Ridley will get a redesign too, which would be all kinds of sweet.
Unless he will get closer to Conceptley. Then i will scream for 5 minutes, cough, drink something, then continue screaming.
This isn't really a redesign, King Ki-Hunter was just recolored to look more colorful. And being even more colorful is not what Roidley needs, so, i guess he will either keep those colors or become darker.
Again, the shadow's wings aren't Roidley wings!
They are, my friend...they are...at least i didn't noticed any differences. Show me image with their shadow clearly shown, then maybe i will say they are not Roidley's wings.
Seriously annoys me when Ridley haters say Ridley has no personality. If they bothered to use google search they would know that he's a sadistic, elitist creature who only cares about things that benefit him or the space pirates and looks down on any life form. Heck he even talks. Tis is all from the manga which is canon.

Another thing from Ridley haters that's annoying is when they say Ridley would look stupid being playable in smash cause it's a kids game and he looks too serious and scary?

Wtf are these idiots serious?

We have Ganondorf. The king of evil and a blood thirsty demon wearing bunny hoods, getting beat up by a puffball and clapping when he loses.
We also have blood thirsty giant turtle demon thing that is scary only because of how he looks and that is why we will most likely never see something even close to that in Mario games - Giga Bowser. You don't even need to know WTF is that thing. He is just scary without trying to prove it with any actions. When you look at Ganondorf without knowing him, you most likely think about a very tall guy. When you look at Giga Bowser, you see Anguirus+Godzilla+Bowser monster.
I don't feel that way. Zero Suit Samus and Samus while the same character, have different playstyles and I think ZSS derserved her own spot to flesh her out more than just being an alternate form of Samus.
She deserved it as much as Mario in cat suit would. Yes, he would have different moveset, but it still is Mario. ZSS isn't really important anyway (no, ZSS appeared only in Zero Mission and Other M, just Samus without suit is not ZSS).

I have a Question! If Ridley a playable so what Final Smash will he have?
Something that doesn't includes transformation of course. Like something similar to Aura Storm or "Space Pirate raid", which will most likely be less useful on large stages.

Oh, we reached 1500 pages. Yay. 499 pages before self-destruction of the thread will activate. Looks like Samus once visited this thread...

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
And we already know that Ridley is inspired heavily by Other M but isn't exactly the same, which is... interesting... to say the least.
Exactly, to tease a character with an unfinished model doesn't make sense. We know Sakurai is teasing Veterans that have not been confirmed yet and straight out deconfirmed characters people have wanted.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

It just makes me want Ridley more...
I hope we never have to experience this... thing

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm so tired of waiting around for absolutely nothing, waiting for news is just so agonizing on the subject of a character you like. Seriously, we need a Direct or Newcomer trailer announcement now! Just a tease that there is something coming to be excited about instead of this crappy limbo of what date should we be excited for a chance at a newcomer that may or may not be Ridley. I wish I could just sleep til for the next month and see the final line-up....

In other news I've actually become rather accepting of Roidley despite my preferences towards regular old Ridley. At first I really, really hated his design due to mostly his mouth, but it has grown on me a lot recently. Roidley is Smash wouldn't be too bad after all, it's still Ridley at the end of the day!

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
About the platform shadows, if the shadows were there, Ridley's shadow wouldn't have been very clear. It wouldn't be surprising that they remove the shadows before displaying the Ridley boss scene in order to emphasize the boss since the shadow is the only part of Ridley shown.

I still hope Ridley gets confirmed soon so then the Ridley debate will close up, it gets really annoying seeing how far these debates go on for.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
I can just see it now: Sakurai announces a "new character" and the camera pans over to this...

Only to follow it with a laugh and then shows off the real Ridley design we'll be getting.
At this point though, I would be happy with Ridley being playable with ANY form. PREFERABLY not this one :nifty:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
....this isn't helping his cause....
....No, I'm pretty sure Brawl Ridley is about the same size or so. Also no need to take what I'm saying seriously, by the way. It was more of a joke...

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I can just see it now: Sakurai announces a "new character" and the camera pans over to this...

Only to follow it with a laugh and then shows off the real Ridley design we'll be getting.
At this point though, I would be happy with Ridley being playable with ANY form. PREFERABLY not this one :nifty:
I almost feel like photoshopping a picture to see what that would look like...lol

D

Deleted member

Trailer Idea: Samus is walking through the Pyrosphere, when a roar sounds. She turns around, and a huge Roidley grabs her and laughs. Roidley, about to throw Samus in the lava, gets shot by a huge plasma laser. An unfamiliar voice sounds: "Remember Me?" Anthony Higgs: Assists Samus! :troll: Anthony Higgs stands there, grinning, and rushes at Ridley, gameplay follows. Anthony and Samus talk to each other, discussing the capabilities of Anthony's gun. Anthony is shown shooting freeze blasts at Mario, plasma blasts at Link, and flip kicks Kirby. Ridley and Anthony face off on the Pyrosphere, Samus depending on Anthony. Anthony says "I'm outta here," he disappears the same way an AT does, since he "Assisted Samus" (He is an AT) :troll:. Ridley: Is the Boss! Samus gets swatted by playable Roidley, and gameplay is shown before the trailer ends, Sakurai's laughter echoing.

Last edited by a moderator:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Trailer Idea: Samus is walking through the Pyrosphere, when a roar sounds. She turns around, and a huge Roidley grabs her and laughs. Roidley, about to throw Samus in the lava, gets shot by a huge plasma laser. An unfamiliar voice sounds: "Remember Me?" Anthony Higgs: Assists Samus! :troll: Anthony Higgs stands there, grinning, and rushes at Ridley, gameplay follows. Anthony and Samus talk to each other, discussing the capabilities of Anthony's gun. Anthony is shown shooting freeze blasts at Mario, plasma blasts at Link, and flip kicks Kirby. Ridley and Anthony face off on the Pyrosphere, Samus depending on Anthony. Anthony says "I'm outta here," he disappears the same way an AT does. Ridley: Is the Boss! Samus gets swatted by playable Roidley, and gameplay is shown before the trailer ends, Sakurai's laughter echoing.
The trailers are usually two random people fighting and then suddenly some projectile gets shot in between them and then the two random people run away from the impact in opposite directions and turn to look at where the projectile came from and then the newcomer peacefully walks in and makes a very polite greeting.

D

Deleted member

The trailers are usually two random people fighting and then suddenly some projectile gets shot in between them and then the two random people run away from the impact in opposite directions and turn to look at where the projectile came from and then the newcomer peacefully walks in and makes a very polite greeting.
So our Space Pirate lord is one of those measly "random people" and deserves just as much as them, or less? Why not a trolly trailer that he and his master, Mash Potato Samurai, would truly love.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Trailer Idea: Samus is walking through the Pyrosphere, when a roar sounds. She turns around, and a huge Roidley grabs her and laughs. Roidley, about to throw Samus in the lava, gets shot by a huge plasma laser. An unfamiliar voice sounds: "Remember Me?" Anthony Higgs: Assists Samus! :troll: Anthony Higgs stands there, grinning, and rushes at Ridley, gameplay follows. Anthony and Samus talk to each other, discussing the capabilities of Anthony's gun. Anthony is shown shooting freeze blasts at Mario, plasma blasts at Link, and flip kicks Kirby. Ridley and Anthony face off on the Pyrosphere, Samus depending on Anthony. Anthony says "I'm outta here," he disappears the same way an AT does. Ridley: Is the Boss! Samus gets swatted by playable Roidley, and gameplay is shown before the trailer ends, Sakurai's laughter echoing.
So he's playable? Or is he an assist trophy? Anthony is very unspecified.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
That is strangely....accurate. I swear that the only time this didn't happen was in Megaman's trailer but even then they kinda all stared at him.

EDIT: Oh **** offtopic my bad: What would happen to this thread if Ridley was shown as a boss in a Pic of the Day? For some reason I always feel like that's going to happen.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
That is strangely....accurate. I swear that the only time this didn't happen was in Megaman's trailer but even then they kinda all stared at him.

EDIT: Oh **** offtopic my bad: What would happen to this thread if Ridley was shown as a boss in a Pic of the Day? For some reason I always feel like that's going to happen.
It won't, for sakurai to hint this much and not clarify when fans thought he was playable only to have him end up as a boss is super unprofessional, and will most likely end the same way it did with the megaman teases in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Massive backlash

MagnesD3

Smash Master

All shall stare in awe at the mighty Ridley.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Or PacMan's. Or Rosalina's. Or Little Mac's. Or Villager's.

It happened with Greninja and Robin. That's it.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Gonna play Devil's advocate and explain one theory I've been hearing....You guys talked about how Chrom and Prince Sable were both clarified to be unplayable and how Ridley wasn't. I'm pretty sure this is only because those characters were shown in a playable like fashion while Ridley was shown as a Boss and the only people really "confused" are the Ridley supporters.
Both Chrom and Sable were show but their role, even if it could be concluded from certain bits of evidence (Sable's fingers fused together, Chrom not having a splash), people were still thinking they were playable. Which is why Sakurai explicitly deconfirmed them both. Yet the Ridley train is still chugging onwards.

Yes, this right here is definitive proof that the stage with the Shadow on it is NOT the FD version. Look at how the strips are arranged in both the FD and Normal versions.

Final Destination Version:

Normal Version:

If you look closely, you'll see that the Final Destination version is actually smaller, and lacks the ring between the outer and inner rings on the floor.

Looking at the Ridley Shadow gif again shows that it contains this ring, thus proving that it is the regular version:
(Looks like the gif isn't loading, so just find it in a different post for comparison) nvm, it's working now.
Well, the gyf definitely doesn't show the FD version. Compare the distance between the middle and right pillars. It's as long as in the normal version. So yeah, those platforms are there, just not visibly.

Last edited:

GreatRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neodragon22
3DS FC
3007-8564-4279
I was over at Gamefaqs in the Wii U section and there is a Ridley rampage going on right now. It's insane.

Anyways grats on the 1500 pages guys. Keep up the good work and Ridley.

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I am sitting here waiting for the PoTD. Something tells me Ridley went ahead and murdered him.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I am sitting here waiting for the PoTD. Something tells me Ridley went ahead and murdered him.
He's currently trying (and failing) to get the camera of Sakurai's phone to work. Damn those designers for giving him huge unwieldy claws!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What is with this PotD!
And Ridley beig announced everywhere!

Is the universe finally aligning!?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
What is with this PotD!
And Ridley beig announced everywhere!

Is the universe finally aligning!?
If Ridley got announced in a PoTD I would probably just grab a soda and tell a few friends or something. It would be the most anticlimactic thing ever...ever.

What's Soulless doing on miiverse? Anyway, Andrea will detroy all eventually.

EDIT: There was some tournament going on at gamescom, right?
There was. Obviously it wasn't that important, though. Sadly. They probably handed out shirts or something.

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
If Ridley got announced in a PoTD I would probably just grab a soda and tell a few friends or something. It would be the most anticlimactic thing ever...ever.
Wouldn't put it past someone like Sakurai to do it though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It depends, if the first pic has him as a boss, then adding a second pic with "Nah, I'm only kidding," and then a 3rd pic with a link to his trailer, then it would be pretty sweet
There was. Obviously it wasn't that important, though. Sadly. They probably handed out shirts or something.
Is it a stream or something? I have some interest

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Well, the gyf definitely doesn't show the FD version. Compare the distance between the middle and right pillars. It's as long as in the normal version. So yeah, those platforms are there, just not visibly.
The video of the shadow was taken when the final destination version of Pyrosphere was still bare bones, so we have no idea what form we're looking at

Top Bottom