• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'd love if we actually need a Second Ridley Thread that the thread title is called;
"The Ridley in SSB4 Thread - Too Big to Fail"
And yes, I just said Ridley IN SSB4. dB

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, do you all think we'll see a reveal of Ridley sometime this month?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I heard there is going to be a direct during the first week of September. Anyone else aware of this?
No. Do you have a source of this information?

Also, congratulations on making it to 1500 pages. :)

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
No. Do you have a source of this information?

Also, congratulations on making it to 1500 pages. :)
Nope. I can not recall where I read this. I remember seeing "Super Smash Bros. Direct 9.4.2014"

It might be referring to the last direct in the reversed date scheme, but that direct was on the 8th.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
1500 pages? Normally I would celebrate an achievement like this, but considering that the character we support has yet to be confirmed, I'll let this Smasher's quote voice my thoughts on this occasion.

"All this strength means little unless I succeed." - Lucina

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Nope. I can not recall where I read this. I remember seeing "Super Smash Bros. Direct 9.4.2014"

It might be referring to the last direct in the reversed date scheme, but that direct was on the 8th.
Are you sure it wasn't 8.4.2014? That was the date of the Hyrule Warriors Direct at the beginning of the month. It could have also been a typo.

No wait, look at this: https://www.google.com/search?q=Super Smash Bros. Direct 9.4.2014&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

As you can tell, it's referencing the date that the April Smash Direct was broadcast in Europe, which was the 9th. This is also consistent with how they arrange their dates, putting the day first, then the month.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Happy 1500 Pages!

I was going to draw something, but I'm a bit stressed and I can't draw Ridley to save my life...

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
1500 pages? Normally I would celebrate an achievement like this, but considering that the character we support has yet to be confirmed, I'll let this Smasher's quote voice my thoughts on this occasion.

"All this strength means little unless I succeed." - Lucina
i imagine ridley saying that with lucinas vocie

Chase

Smash Ace
Wow, congrats on 1,500 pages fellow Ridlians! Hopefully we won't reach 2000 before Ridley is confirmed as playable!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Last edited:

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Welp. Clearly a false alarm on my part. My bad.
Yeah, even if you check it by narrowing the search to only pages from the past month, you get nothing with that specific date in the title.

Checking through the modified search more closely also yields many European links that do contain that specific date, though most likely in reference to the April Direct, once again due to the fact that many European countries order dates.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
God, this 1500 Pages is gonna be over so darn quickly with all dis hype.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Ironically. Talking about the thread's status is off-topic, guys. So...Relax.:4falcon:

I firmly believe we'll be getting character reveals this month. Don't know whether it'll be Ridley or not... I think Sakurai might save him for last. There's 2 newcomer trailers left, after all.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Ironically. Talking about the thread's status is off-topic, guys. So...Relax.

I firmly believe we'll be getting character reveals this month. Don't know whether it'll be Ridley or not... I think Sakurai might save him for last. There's 2 newcomer trailers left, after all.
How do we know?

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice

We got character reveals last month and last month before that if I'm not mistaken?

y not this month. :o

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

There's at least 1 trailer left.

Reaching the bottom of the barrel really only confirms that...

Although it implies further, it only confirms at least 1.

I would be surprised if there were only 1 more newcomer, though.

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
Ironically. Talking about the thread's status is off-topic, guys. Relax.

Actually we don't know if it's only 2, Sakurai just said that we're reaching the bottom of the stash. It could very well be 3 or 4. Also, aren't there supposed to be trailers for EVERY newcomer? Including unlockable ones? I don't remember if that's true.

Top Bottom