• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Wouldn't you be able to see the shadows of the platforms though? You can see them in this picture right here. They could've edited it out or something I guess but I still wonder why'd they do that.
Trust me, the shadows are literal PIXELS out of the shot. If the shot doesn't convince you, then this might.
lights.png

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
This might be sort of off-topic, but I feel that Zero Suit Samus becoming her own separate character might've been Sakarai's excuse to not put Ridley in the game, and Samus and Zero Suit Samus make two Metroid reps. :p
I don't feel that way. Zero Suit Samus and Samus while the same character, have different playstyles and I think ZSS derserved her own spot to flesh her out more than just being an alternate form of Samus.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
This might be sort of off-topic, but I feel that Zero Suit Samus becoming her own separate character might've been Sakarai's excuse to not put Ridley in the game, and Samus and Zero Suit Samus make two Metroid reps. :p
So, does Zero Suit Samus just not count as a character unless she's completely separate from Samus?

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I doubt it, Sakurai (hopefully) wouldn't leave one of Nintendo's greatest series with only 2 versions of the same person and pamper a series that only recently got big

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Trust me, the shadows are literal PIXELS out of the shot. If the shot doesn't convince you, then this might.
View attachment 21427
Oh DAMN. Looks like Sakurai got me. This looks like it also proves that Ridley's shadow analysis is correct since there's no way they could fit a "boss" as "big" as that right there. Feeling like this whole thing makes Ridley almost certain to be a character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
View attachment 21427
Um...

The angles of the first two shots are different though....

Seeing the shadow again does fill me with more confidence.

That tail jumping from below him to above him is... bizarre and ridiculously jumpy.

I imagine that a stage boss would have decent animations at least.

First off in brawl ZSS was apparently her own charactar. In vault the math of "playable characters" or some value only makes sense with samus, pokemon trainer, and zelda seperated so metroid already had 2 reps.

Also I'm pretty sure the FD theory was disputed ages ago.

Also is their any chance that the "tail" we have been seeing for months is actually a wing tip?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Sakurai has always thought the SSBB roster consisted of 39 characters, not 35, like most people in the fandom believe.

Which means that in spite of the transformation mechanic, Metroid was a two-repped series ever since he introduced ZSS in that game. So no, ZSS becoming entirely independent does not mean that Ridley isn't playable.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm pretty sure Sakurai did this due to the 3DS not properly handling "switchable characters". This is why Sammy/Zammy, Zelda/Sheik have been separated and why Pokemon Trainer is cut.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just to calm everyone down
Power Suit Samus is SA-X and Zamus is normal Samus now, so it's 2 seperate characters and ifwhen Ridley is revealed it'll make 3 separate characters.
Deal with it. :cool:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Looking at that gif of Ridley's shadow sorta made me realize something. That seems to be the final destination form of Pyrosphere, and if we get confirmed that stage bosses don't appear on Final Destination stages it would confirm Ridley.
Not going down this route again...

It's not the Final Destination version. The red-white strips on the ground only look like that on the main version of the stage. The FD version of Pyrosphere have thinner, less detailed strips on the ground.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Gonna play Devil's advocate and explain one theory I've been hearing....You guys talked about how Chrom and Prince Sable were both clarified to be unplayable and how Ridley wasn't. I'm pretty sure this is only because those characters were shown in a playable like fashion while Ridley was shown as a Boss and the only people really "confused" are the Ridley supporters.
A fair point, except Ridley was shown as more "playable" than Prince Sable. Prince Sable was shown as a trophy only (the same as every other AT), while Ridley actually shown on the battlefield.

Marx the Jester

Smash Cadet
We're so close to 1500. Let this be a good omen for us, let it be the harbinger of the reveal times. O huge purple dragon father who art in Space, please give us a sign of your coming with this offering of posts, and may we ascend to 2000 and beyond.

Last edited:

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Not going down this route again...

It's not the Final Destination version. The red-white strips on the ground only look like that on the main version of the stage. The FD version of Pyrosphere have thinner, less detailed strips on the ground.
Yes, this right here is definitive proof that the stage with the Shadow on it is NOT the FD version. Look at how the strips are arranged in both the FD and Normal versions.

Final Destination Version:

Normal Version:

If you look closely, you'll see that the Final Destination version is actually smaller, and lacks the ring between the outer and inner rings on the floor.

Looking at the Ridley Shadow gif again shows that it contains this ring, thus proving that it is the regular version:
(Looks like the gif isn't loading, so just find it in a different post for comparison) nvm, it's working now.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just barely a few more posts and we're at 1500 Pages.
Mod Squad, are you proud of us.

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
Just 501 pages left before the Ridley forum will really be too BIG. Let the countdown to Glitchboards begin!
So basically we may learn Ridleys fate and then this thread will crash seconds after. I wish we could get a longer celebration if he is playable. maybe drinking the haters tears on miiverse and youtube will help.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think it's worth noting that the original Pyrosphere pic is from a different version than the final one. Just look at the shadows of the platforms; they're on the background rather than on the foreground.

Just pointing that out.

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
When Ridley is announced what is going to happen to this thread? Will it get locked? I'm gonna get pretty sad if it does get locked :(

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
When Ridley is announced what is going to happen to this thread? Will it get locked? I'm gonna get pretty sad if it does get locked :(
We'll get a subforum all about Ridley just like the other characters :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Honestly, I just want to know Ridley's role already, boss or PC. Waiting so long is getting tiresome. Of course, if Ridley is playable then it'll have been completely worth any extra waiting I do (while the opposite is also true for Hazardley) but I just want to see him soon.
I can't agree more. At this point I can only assume that

A) Sakurai is hyping Ridley for a major reveal

or

B) Sakurai is saving Hazardly for Wii U specific PotD material after the 3DS' release.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If Ridley is a boss,
Don't worry.
We always have our little ditch to sit in until Smash 5 is announced.
Optimistic Mega Slowbro.
*cries real tears*

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Well, IT'd likely get moved to teh Ridley Character section and pinned as the general discussion topic. But seeing as it's approaching 2k pages, and I remember that Smashboards starts having issues with pages once it reaches really high numbers, it may get rebooted. Unless that bug got fixed at some point.

Top Bottom