• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Pikachu does have a shadow. Thing is, it's very very small and only visible when Pikachu walks through the text, making it very hard to spot.
Because of how hard to spot it is, I think my point still counts seeing as it was hidden.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm 80% convinced that we are 1-2 weeks away from seeing Smash Ridley in all his glory.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Seriously annoys me when Ridley haters say Ridley has no personality. If they bothered to use google search they would know that he's a sadistic, elitist creature who only cares about things that benefit him or the space pirates and looks down on any life form. Heck he even talks. Tis is all from the manga which is canon.

Another thing from Ridley haters that's annoying is when they say Ridley would look stupid being playable in smash cause it's a kids game and he looks too serious and scary?

Wtf are these idiots serious?

We have Ganondorf. The king of evil and a blood thirsty demon wearing bunny hoods, getting beat up by a puffball and clapping when he loses.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I'm 80% convinced that we are 1-2 weeks away from seeing Smash Ridley in all his glory.
as said the only two characters I can see confirmed in the next reveal is shulk or ridley their is just to much supoorting them two to not be in at this point

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Seriously annoys me when Ridley haters say Ridley has no personality. If they bothered to use google search they would know that he's a sadistic, elitist creature who only cares about things that benefit him or the space pirates and looks down on any life form. Heck he even talks. Tis is all from the manga which is canon.

Another thing from Ridley haters that's annoying is when they say Ridley would look stupid being playable in smash cause it's a kids game and he looks too serious and scary?

Wtf are these idiots serious?

We have Ganondorf. The king of evil and a blood thirsty demon wearing bunny hoods, getting beat up by a puffball and clapping when he loses.
To be fair, the only time Ridley ever got any form of real characterization in the games was, funnily enough, in Other M.

Because of how hard to spot it is, I think my point still counts seeing as it was hidden.
Not really, as that would imply it was small with the intention of being hard to compare, while this is just how the lightning works in Pyrosphere. Close to the ground means a small shadow, jump and it becomes larger. 1:1 or somewhat bigger-ish.
We've managed to draw enough conclusions from that though.

Just threw this together in a half-hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjjIm2EBY50
Beautiful. But what the hell is a NEET?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not really, as that would imply it was small with the intention of being hard to compare, while this is just how the lightning works in Pyrosphere. Close to the ground means a small shadow, jump and it becomes larger. 1:1 or somewhat bigger-ish.
We've managed to draw enough conclusions from that though.
Thanks for clearing things up for me, I haven't really understood why Pikachu was there without a shadow/tiny shadow, and the Pyrosphere's lighting gave me a :idea: moment. And sorry for being a bit stubborn. :c

As for Ridley, I still think he's getting revealed in a Smash Direct on the Pyrosphere reveal's anniversary or a secret character. The problem with him being secret is that most people will chalk Ridley up to being a boss like Sakurai implied, seeing as he wouldn't have been mentioned afterward. That is why I believe either is an option depending on if Sakurai feels like- A: More Trolling or B: Throw the Fans a Bone. My 2 cents on the matter of his reveal date.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Someone said:
Regardless, I apologize to those of you who got upset. I just get a bit passionate of my own beliefs as well.
Gee, you don't say. :rolleyes:

Just so everyone knows, this is an exact line that I said to Keybladeguy when we made a bet about whether Ridley will be in or not, which he eventually backed out of.
The best part about it? He backed out because he didn't like what he had to do if he lost, even though he claimed to be 100% sure Ridley wasn't in. :awesome:

View attachment 21391 @ SchAlternate SchAlternate 'll post the more updated version, but for now...
splat.png

Did CoroCoro reveal anything?

(sorry been stupidly busy.......)
Not much actually.

Also, RealTalk.

I missed you. owo

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Only Smash fortress 2(hats on miis) And what is this? You haven't said Real Talk? WHAT IS THIS!?
I know...i know...im so sorry...to all of you....i havent been myself lately...going through a rough patch....sigh...its tough...

Barely had anytime to myself...no more than 6 hours sleep...

Well i guess thats RealTalk right there....

(always drop by whenever i can i only visit these boards to check this thread now dont have the time/effort nothing is as important smash wise than Ridley's inclusion.

RealTalk

(i will try make up for the RealTalk's gotta keep this thread ''Real'' its my duty)
Also Thank You SchAlternate
EDIT: Wa Da Hell Is Smash Fotress?!?! HuH,?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thanks for clearing things up for me, I haven't really understood why Pikachu was there without a shadow/tiny shadow, and the Pyrosphere's lighting gave me a :idea: moment. And sorry for being a bit stubborn. :c

As for Ridley, I still think he's getting revealed in a Smash Direct on the Pyrosphere reveal's anniversary or a secret character. The problem with him being secret is that most people will chalk Ridley up to being a boss like Sakurai implied, seeing as he wouldn't have been mentioned afterward. That is why I believe either is an option depending on if Sakurai feels like- A: More Trolling or B: Throw the Fans a Bone. My 2 cents on the matter of his reveal date.
Uh oh, double post trouble! You are new here, and sometimes text in the post write thingy doesn't always go away after posting

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Gonna play Devil's advocate and explain one theory I've been hearing....You guys talked about how Chrom and Prince Sable were both clarified to be unplayable and how Ridley wasn't. I'm pretty sure this is only because those characters were shown in a playable like fashion while Ridley was shown as a Boss and the only people really "confused" are the Ridley supporters.

NatP

Smash Ace
Gonna play Devil's advocate and explain one theory I've been hearing....You guys talked about how Chrom and Prince Sable were both clarified to be unplayable and how Ridley wasn't. I'm pretty sure this is only because those characters were shown in a playable like fashion while Ridley was shown as a Boss and the only people really "confused" are the Ridley supporters.
But why wait so long to show him then? He could have gotten it over with 2 weeks after the direct and that would have been the end of it. And yet, we're now one month away from release and we STILL don't know what's up with Ridley...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've seen neutrals who have no clue about Riddles Mckizzles.

Next week, title change to HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIDDLES MCKIZZLES

Steelia

Smash Champion
EDIT: Wa Da Hell Is Smash Fotress?!?! HuH,?
XD That's not actually a thing. Mii Fighters were shown on a Pic of the Day wearing Samus and Meta Knight masks (Team Fortress 2 is known for having tons of hats).
Otherwise, nothing Ridley related, for better or for worse.

D

Deleted member

Uh oh, double post trouble! You are new here, and sometimes text in the post write thingy doesn't always go away after posting
I lagged out, fixed it now (as well as I could do)
XD That's not actually a thing. Mii Fighters were shown on a Pic of the Day wearing Samus and Meta Knight masks (Team Fortress 2 is known for having tons of hats).
Otherwise, nothing Ridley related, for better or for worse.
We all know we're getting a Ridley hat anyway. On Club Nintendo, based off of Ridley's Smash model. :kirby:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Thats Decent....

''Not everything has to be so complex/complicated''

This is very possible entierly if its true i will forever feel it was way to Absurd....

Sakurai is gonna let me down reguardless....instinct/gut feeling is majority of the time right i do actually see this playing out like a rollercoaster ride we started thats been on loop for way to long....

(sorry dont hate me its honestly how i feel...but like i said before i always thought Ridley could be playable ''can work'' from day1 & my stance on that hasent changed i but seriously its all Sakurai....he could pass him up for as little reason as having no intrest in the character we rode the rollercoaster for a year but if that happens the detracters/TooBiGotZ will run it for years....thats whats so sad...as if he didnt get in because he was too BiG right?

Just like Mew2 wasent in brawl because of Lucario right? (-_-)
people still think that..just a taste/example of how BaD things are gonna be if supposdly obvious is fact....Ow My.....

Ow...Wow.....

Its gomna be soo bad...so bad.....really
b
a
d..

For
us....

EDIT: Gone bed peace love you all

Last edited:

Marx the Jester

Smash Cadet
God, I go to work for four and a half hours and you guys we're arguing for most of it. Guys, please.

Anyway, he's your friendly reminder about the Final Destination version of Pyrosphere just to keep it on topic. Bla bla bla, no lava.

Also, @ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , Retsupurae references, nice.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'm not sure what you mean by "playable like fashion". Chrom was not shown in the Smash Bros page and didn't get a splash art on the trailer he was in, unlike Lucina. Sable wasn't even shown in a trailer.

And honestly, if Sakurai (or at least Nintendo) bothered to clarify that they were not playable, even though it was somewhat evident that they weren't, what's the deal with Ridley?

Anyway, he's your friendly reminder about the Final Destination version of Pyrosphere just to keep it on topic. Bla bla bla, no lava.

That's outdated.

Lava might still be a hazard, but no high hopes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
God, I go to work for four and a half hours and you guys we're arguing for most of it. Guys, please.

I'm so sorry! And there is a Pyrosphere picture with a orange tint on the bottom, only I can't find it now
EDIT: Dammit Schalternate! First you make me wonder how to pronounce your username and now :4greninja:'ed!

Last edited:

Marx the Jester

Smash Cadet
Crap, lava? Well, maybe the put the lava flow back because the place looked boring and needed a source of light, like the actual Pyrosphere. Either way, I still stand by my point that Ridley is playable, because why tease a character people want, not even mentioning him by name, and not just outright deconfirm him like Waluigi.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Crap, lava? Well, maybe the put the lava flow back because the place looked boring and needed a source of light, like the actual Pyrosphere. Either way, I still stand by my point that Ridley is playable, because why tease a character people want, not even mentioning him by name, and not just outright deconfirm him like Waluigi.
You think none of us are the same?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Story time. <3

One time me and my sister Carly were playing Super Metroid and we we had to fight Ridley. After I while I didn't want to play anymore so I turned the Snes off. I didn't save however so I had to do it all over again. We ate pizza for lunch and I went to sleep around 10 pm.

The end <3

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
Story time. <3

One time me and my sister Carly were playing Super Metroid and we we had to fight Ridley. After I while I didn't want to play anymore so I turned the Snes off. I didn't save however so I had to do it all over again. We ate pizza for lunch and I went to sleep around 10 pm.

The end <3
Riveting.

Marx the Jester

Smash Cadet
You think none of us are the same?
Well there was that one brony who was arguing with you guys, but I don't think he counts.

Story time. <3

The end <3
Bootyful. A modern masterpiece. 5/10

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure most people, like myself, thought it was pretty clear that Chrom was Robin's Final Smash as soon as he was shown. Also, like SchAlternate said earlier, he didn't get his own character page unlike Robin and Lucina, who were updated almost immediately after their reveal.

Ridley's still a mystery, and the way he was presented was clearly a tease that was meant to invoke controversy. I've seen both detractors and neutrals who were confused about the way Ridley's shadow appeared in the Direct, so it's not just us.

Top Bottom