• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Jeez is it mod day in the Ridley thread?
It's always mod day in the Ridley thread.

I am always talking about model because Roidley = Other M Ridley while Conceptley = Other M concept art Ridley. Those are ribs. I have few images with them and they don't connect to arms. They are like any other ribs. Also, those bones are not the only bones "visible" - his pelvis is visible too. I doubt someone would really look at that part since he moves a lot, so, you will be either too busy dodging or he will just not allow you to look at it.
I'd like to see that zoomed in picture you mentioned then, because if it's not the upper OR lower chest, then I don't know how much chest there is left to be talking about.

D

Deleted member

Figured now would be the best time:

@BlueBubbee X Ghirahim?

I can see right through your Tsundere act, @BlueBubbee:p

Just to get it out of the way. ;)

Also I found this:
Which is really well done IMO.

I'll admit I have a soft spot for orchestral stuff/classical instruments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Figured now would be the best time:

@BlueBubbee X Ghirahim?

I can see right through your Tsundere act, @BlueBubbee

Just to get it out of the way. ;)

Also I found this:

What th- A ship that won't drive Andrea insane? WHO ALTERED REALITY AGAIN?

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
I don't know if this is pointed out, but the King Kihunter in the trophy quiz is a lot more purple than how he appears in Other M

There's only one logical explanation for this....

Gandrayda confirmed :troll:

Last edited:
Also I found this:

Gosh darn that was good!
I don't know if this is pointed out, but the king Kihunter in the trophy quiz is a lot more purple than how he appears in Other M

I think it's just different lighting.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Hello Ridley thread how our are you doing today!
Whats that Ridley thread?
You are arguing with someone that does think Ridley will be in.
welp...good bye then.

8 days until the 20th. Apparently shulk has an anniversary on the 19th. Honestly Waiting 1 more day is painful but f I could get both on the same trailer I would probably die with excitement. I also just realized typing this we have about a month until release and the roster is going to be leaked beforehand anyway. Getting excited and scared again . . . .

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hello Rithe colour of thedley thread how our are you doing today!
Whats that Ridley thread?
You are arguing with someone that does think Ridley will be in.
welp...good bye then.
you are late, there is no such argument. As punishment you are going to be promply shot at by Ridley himself
I think it's just different lighting.
The horns and colour of the arms

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm so scared, but I think Ridley=announced unlock while shulk is either secret or announced.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
you are late, there is no such argument. As punishment you are going to be promply shot at by Ridley himself

The horns and colour of the arms
Ah you beat me to it, also his belly is a different color as well, on a less trolly note, this could be used to show that Sakurai changes the designs of characters to his liking, so concept art Ridley could very well be a possibility.

Last edited:

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
So...any Nintendo/Smash Bros Direct announcements recently? I would check myself but I'm too lazy busy. And I don't know where and what to check.

D

Deleted member

So...any Nintendo/Smash Bros Direct announcements recently? I would check myself but I'm too lazy busy. And I don't know where and what to check.

(Hint: think about her name).

Absolutely nothing, Nintendo's not doing anything like a Direct at Gamescom so nothing there, and Corocoro had nothing new (as was expected) so the wait continues.

In the meantime, have this Metroid/Ridley art I found on Tumblr:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I do think the next reveal has to be shulk or ridley at this point personally I'd want shulk more as you can clearly see in my profile but if ridley got in I'd still be happy for you all since I'm 100% sure shulk is in no matter what so when the next reveal is show hope the best for you all just as much as I hope for shulk

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I do think the next reveal has to be shulk or ridley at this point personally I'd want shulk more as you can clearly see in my profile but if ridley got in I'd still be happy for you all since I'm 100% sure shulk is in no matter what so when the next reveal is show hope the best for you all just as much as I hope for shulk
Your icon scares me

Absolutely nothing, Nintendo's not doing anything like a Direct at Gamescom so nothing there, and Corocoro had nothing new (as was expected) so the wait continues.

Ridley looks like a tired dad in the first pic

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I don't know if this is pointed out, but the King Kihunter in the trophy quiz is a lot more purple than how he appears in Other M

There's only one logical explanation for this....

Gandrayda confirmed :troll:
Not just the king being more purple. The legs aren't green. A whole lot of it isn't green.
Huh. Did the King Kihunter lose any bits of itself during the fight?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

That joke. Ughh

Now I want a manakete assist trrophy again. . . also awesome art.

Anyway the only real smash news I see happening this week is on thursday because of Hyrule warriors but it is still doubtful. blegh

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not just the king being more purple. The legs aren't green. A whole lot of it isn't green.
Huh. Did the King Kihunter lose any bits of itself during the fight?
Yes, Little Birdie ate him
Anyway the only real smash news I see happening this week is on thursday because of Hyrule warriors but it is still doubtful. blegh
I think we might get something tommorow, we still have some PoTDs :troll:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Soulless isn't bloodthirsty, Soulless just seems to be Andrea's punching bag. The same fate will happen to all non-Ridsilina shippers
And yet I remain ok, so I guess Andrea isn't THAT bloodthirsty (that or she doesn't have the ability to kill me as I know all her assassin tricks)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
A troll that was here earlier who I won't directly quote because it would summon him said:
Anyone care to make a little wager on Ridley's playable status? Or are you not confident in your own beliefs?

Are you in... or are you too boneless.
Just so everyone knows, this is an exact line that I said to Keybladeguy when we made a bet about whether Ridley will be in or not, which he eventually backed out of.

He's stealing my material.

I can also assure you all that he is not a troll.
He just genuinely thinks Ridley won't be in, and shows it rather arrogantly. He's just trying to show you all simple logic.

That is all.
And remember kids, stay in school, and don't feed the detractors. Mmmm,kay?

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Did we get any new/interesting news from the CoroCoro thing, or is it not out yet?
only thing I heard of was more info on the mii's hats that about it from what I heard

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Yes, Little Birdie ate him
Thanks Ryuga. No, I mean before Birdley started binging on everything that wasn't nailed down.
No if you can pull it loose it isn't nailed down.

It's important. If this is really a redesigned model for a trophy, maybe Ridley will get a redesign too, which would be all kinds of sweet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Thanks Ryuga. No, I mean before Birdley started binging on everything that wasn't nailed down.

It's important. If this is really a redesigned model for a trophy, maybe Ridley will get a redesign too, which would be all kinds of sweet.
Again, the shadow's wings aren't Roidley wings!

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

That's how he looks throughout the whole fight.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I knew Keybladeguy wasn't a troll. I was just upset that he was flaunting "hard evidence" that Ridley was not playable. I'm not going to try to argue that Ridley's status at this point, and sure, we have Sakurai hinting at Ridley being a boss. But that's very different than hard evidence, which Keybladeguy even admitted in a later post, but then said it was close enough to hard evidence, which is more him writing off the character than analyzing the facts.

D

Deleted member

I hope its only concept art Ridley, and Super Metroid style as a hybrid alt. I think that the reason why Pikachu has no shadow is because then it would be easy to compare the sizes; seems like something Sakurai doesn't like when it comes to teasing.

Edit:
Saw this on Google, seems to show how the model might work/not be as hard as detractors make out, even if its not the same Ridley and its 2D.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I hope its only concept art Ridley, and Super Metroid style as a hybrid alt. I think that the reason why Pikachu has no shadow is because then it would be easy to compare the sizes; seems like something Sakurai doesn't like when it comes to teasing.
Pikachu does have a shadow. Thing is, it's very very small and only visible when Pikachu walks through the text, making it very hard to spot.

Top Bottom