• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
It's awesome. I think a lot of us have focused on his viciousness and forgotten the comedic elements.

I think a Ridley defeat animation would have the Baby Metroid in its canister bouncing off his head. :)
Exactly! If the Demon King Ganondorf can wear the bunny hood, why does Ridley need to be so threatening? Just give him a Tanooki suit and he becomes adorable.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That's just what they want us to expect!
Unrelated I'm trying to start Project M, wound up in stage builder and the first suggested music was Vs Ridley. It's a sign!
That he's going to be playable in Project M? :troll:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
No nintendo conference. Games will be on the show floor and Nintendo was trying to organize another Smash Bros tournament but no word on whether or not that is actually going to happen.

D

Deleted member

I've made an account to support Ridley since I have a brain he is my favorite villain not included in Smash Bros. Here's to hoping our favorite Purple Space Dragon finally getting to beat Samus!

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
I've made an account to support Ridley since I have a brain he is my favorite villain not included in Smash Bros. Here's to hoping our favorite Purple Space Dragon finally getting to beat Samus!
-insert generic stay away from splounge water and welcome post-

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
Welcome fellow supporter! :D. Here's to Ridley getting into Smash! As a note, don't drink the water.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So the Mii Maker U music was playing out of my TV while I was reading through these arguments. It's amazing how calming and serene that music is, I didn't get mad once. Listen to it next time a detractor comes and maybe the mods won't jump on everybody (not that they did). But here is my reply post since I was last on.

Well, if this troll is trying to agitate us, let's try to change the subject into something more lighthearted.

Like which characters would do best with Ridley in a Team Battle? I would say Bowser, because they're both villainous reptiles who serve as the main antagonists of their respective franchise. Ridley and Rosalina would do good as well, because @AndreaAC.

Also, Robin can support with anyone and even marry someone of the opposite sex. Which means that she and Ridley could become...well, you know.

I'm going to go with Pikachu Charizard. Because they're both dragons.

I'm on mobile, so no dragon fusion pic.

Does the yellow devil fire them out of his mouth in a shark-like manner?... I'll show myself out. Also, is this argument still going on? I thought --- Told us to stop about this in general. So why am I still seeing arguments?
Does the YD even have a mouth?

I do want to make one point as for why I get so irritated at this fanbase in particular. Many of you guys play RtC. But every time we rate Ridley, a lot of them give him super high marks (even a few 100%) just because. Surely you must see that point.
I see your point, but that's just bias. Every fanbase rates their character super hight, but at least we have the liberty to explain why we believe our high ratings (a lot of people explain well too; it isn't just us).

It's like why Geno gets rated really high at times, he has a large fanbase. Ridley at least stands a chance in the runnings, while Geno has a lot more obstacles to overcome.

I'm trying to stay civil, but i desperately needed an excuse to post that tweet.

Edited For: Fixed PSM Spoiler.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks for the welcome, maybe we'll get more information regarding Ridley on the anniversary of the Pyrosphere? I certainly hope so, seeing as I don't like being left in the dark only to be slapped by Roidley, realizing that he is probably the one Ridley to rule them all. :smash:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
So the Mii Maker U music was playing out of my TV while I was reading through these arguments. It's amazing how calming and serene that music is, I didn't get mad once. Listen to it next time a detractor comes and maybe the mods won't jump on everybody (not that they did). But here is my reply post since I was last on.

I'm going to go with Pikachu Charizard. Because they're both dragons.

I'm on mobile, so no dragon fusion pic.

Does the YD even have a mouth?

I see your point, but that's just bias. Every fanbase rates their character super hight, but at least we have the liberty to explain why we believe our high ratings (a lot of people explain well too; it isn't just us).

It's like why Geno gets rated really high at times, he has a large fanbase. Ridley at least stands a chance in the runnings, while Geno has a lot more obstacles to overcome.

I'm trying to stay civil, but i desperately needed an excuse to post that tweet.
Just saying, I have my favorites (such as Sora) but I don't rate them high.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Thanks for the welcome, maybe we'll get more information regarding Ridley on the anniversary of the Pyrosphere? I certainly hope so, seeing as I don't like being left in the dark only to be slapped by Roidley, realizing that he is probably the one Ridley to rule them all. :smash:
Roidley was the 2nd last Ridley to die!!!!!
I want Original Ridley or Neo Ridley!

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
As a Nintendo Charcater, Of course Ridley prefers Nintendo games

I'd imagine he'd prefer some older games as opposed to the more recent

Rildey's Top 3 Games in no order

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
The RTC thing is actually because loads of people have seen the 2nd post, and are doubtful about Ridley's 'disconfirmation' But the Sora thing, Sora is impossible as of now to be honest, 3rd party and stuff
I thought we were letting it go.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I thought we were letting it go.
I did, but Keybladeguy said something about people rating Ridley high on RTC.
My point is I don't let blind bias distract me from the true likelihood.
Eh, blind bias or not, people will always want Ridley. And you seem to be supporting K.Rool , shame you are one of them and not one of us(huehue) But I Clement digress, Have fun with at least 1 of those being a possibility

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Just saying, I have my favorites (such as Sora) but I don't rate them high.
My point is I don't let blind bias distract me from the true likelihood.
Unfortunately, not everyone has an unbiased view of their favorite characters. I think Chaos would be super great and have a neat playstyle, but I'll never try to convince anyone he(?) has a chance.

Edit: In case someone new gets the idea that I'm against Ridley, I'm just saying that not everyone who thinks he has a good chance is doing it without thinking about it.

Last edited:
What was that?

You know you love it! :chuckle:

I wonder what Ridley's (if he's playable) official Smash bros art will look like. By that I mean this kind of art:

Basically his character select pic. Something tells me Ridley has gotten a bit of a redesign. His shadow didn't look as bulky as Roidley.

Also, totally getting a Ridley amiibo.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
and almost no-one wants Slippy,
*AHEM* Hello there.

What was that?
Sick'im.
---------
Apparently "New" screenshots were released (GameXplain strikes again) but not only are they not related to anything Ridley, but a majority of them have been on the Smash Website for a few good months (meaning since the SSB4 Direct) and are from Here.
However, that doesn't mean this is a bad time to examine what we got, since through my extensive searching of both English, UK and Japanese SSB4 Websites I haven't found most of them, and see if any of it does something for our loveable Space Dragon.
Feel free to examine by clicking Here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Basically his character select pic. Something tells me Ridley has gotten a bit of a redesign. His shadow didn't look as bulky as Roidley.

Also, totally getting a Ridley amiibo.
The shadow's wings areen't Roidley's wings

The first stage that I'm going to use Ridley on if playable is FD Spirit Tracks! Any first choice levels for you guys?

*AHEM* Hello there.
Key word being almost

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
*AHEM* Hello there.

Sick'im.
---------
Apparently "New" screenshots were released (GameXplain strikes again) but not only are they not related to anything Ridley, but a majority of them have been on the Smash Website for a few good months (meaning since the SSB4 Direct) and are from Here.
However, that doesn't mean this is a bad time to examine what we got, since through my extensive searching of both English, UK and Japanese SSB4 Websites I haven't found most of them, and see if any of it does something for our loveable Space Dragon.
I think the EverythingSmash channel already posted a slide show video containing of SOME of these screenshots. Even then, I don't really see any evidence hinting towards Ridley.

Last edited:
Jeez is it mod day in the Ridley thread? Also It kind of is a bad time to analyze the new pics if they aren't Ridley related. The whole off topic thing is probably a day away from getting this thread locked.

It's not like we are in the best form today to begin with. . ..

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
---------
I browsed through the video earlier today, all I could see remotely related to Ridley's evidence was a Kihunter in Smash Run. It made me think about whether the trophy quiz meant playable characters or bosses in Smash Run (with King Kihunter being the boss for his trophy), but I quickly shoved the idea away once I realized it was nonsense.

You know you love it! :chuckle:
Never.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I spy a kihunter. We haven't seen any space pirates yet though, right?

D

Deleted member

I spy a kihunter. We haven't seen any space pirates yet though, right?
The Kihunter makes sense since we got the King Kihunter trophy, but as for the lack of space pirates they could be Ridley's final smash or just a trophy.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
NOTE: excuse me for skipping few pages, i will read them later, but right now i need to go to sleep. I am not a traitor that must be promptly shot down since i just have no time right now.
Ok first of all, the lower ribs are still part of the chest. With that said, I was looking at the concept art. Were you talking about the model? Because if that's the case then what you're refering to don't look like ribs at all, more like some weird muscle structure. Notice how all the "ribs" connect to the shoulder.
I am always talking about model because Roidley = Other M Ridley while Conceptley = Other M concept art Ridley. Those are ribs. I have few images with them and they don't connect to arms. They are like any other ribs. Also, those bones are not the only bones "visible" - his pelvis is visible too. I doubt someone would really look at that part since he moves a lot, so, you will be either too busy dodging or he will just not allow you to look at it.
I missed this post for some reason, but I'd like to reveal to the world a shocking secret:

I'm the one person who doesn't use "lol". <- Literally the first time I've ever typed that right there.
I don't use it either. So, you are not alone.
"Just because you try hard doesnt mean you're gonna make it"

Good thing Im not a Waluigi fan, that stings real hard.
Not as hard as that 1 year BS. That quote is getting shot compared to Ridley's treatment (getting slowly crushed while still trying to crawl out, still having hope that you will succeed and then BAM, everything explodes soon after you crawled out with completly crushed legs while i eat popcorn and look at that, playing SSB4 with Ridley while playing as Ridley).
anyone who is still doubting after a year of teasing, thinking ridley is "strongly implied" to be anything other than a playable character... is suffering EXTREME denial.
Wow, that is exactly opposite of what toobigots tell us. Just replace "other than a playable character" with "other than a boss" and look at what have you done.

That "unfinished" thing is bulls**t since you could just add Ridley as part of the stage with a single-frame animation and no other coding present, then confirm his role. It will take less than 1 day for a Brawl hacker that makes a simple stage hack by just adding Ridley to Norfair. He done things that will not be used by player in any way like making something that removes limits of camera to make some of the screenshots, like that Pyrosphere hole screenshot. I am sure that such thing exists in Sm4sh because how else would it have been done?

IMO, we should ignore those who don't want to listen even after 10th post and just report them. IT IS a discussion thread, but THIS kind of discussion is one-sided since those guys just don't want to listen. It is pointless since you won't change anything like that. They will still have their opinion. We just need to wait for Ridley nuke, then laugh. Not just in Sm4sh because who knows what will happen. Just in SSB. As a one very wise man once said: "F*** it. I'm going to sleep." Follow those wise words.

Also, looks like my minor mistake/error/whatever in that post became something not so minor...i wanted to say "If Ridley will be playable in Sm4sh,", but forgot to add it...i am not that sure since its better to have some salt than to suffer without any salt in wounds. That will be boring.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
That "unfinished" thing is bulls**t since you could just add Ridley as part of the stage with a single-frame animation and no other coding present, then confirm his role.
That one frame is all you need to confirm through a PotD.

Pictures are just one frame of animations.

Sorry, this was a completely random and useless post.

Top Bottom