• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You must be new here. Whenever Soulless anyone ships Ridley with anyone other than Rosalina, Andrea gets mad and goes on a murdurous killing spree, usually after Soulless, happened to me when I joked about Raydley...Crap, I'm done for
You know, I'm a friggin Dalek, and I don't think I'm half as bloodthirsty as those two.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Soulless isn't bloodthirsty, Soulless just seems to be Andrea's punching bag. The same fate will happen to all non-Ridsilina shippers
a13.png
I've listened to Soulless speak of horrendous tortures that have crossed his mind since drinking the water. Fortunately, I have done nothing to cross him.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well to keep things on topic (sort of), when are you guys thinking we're getting another Smash Direct? I would like to see more details about Pyrosphere and our (Stage Boss) Ridley.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well to keep things on topic (sort of), when are you guys thinking we're getting another Smash Direct? I would like to see more details about Pyrosphere and our (Stage Boss) Ridley.
I think the current estimate is Wednesday, the 20th. One year since the Pyrosphere stage, and a Wednesday, when they usually hold Directs.

Plus, it is three weeks until release, a good time overall.

D

Deleted member

Soulless isn't bloodthirsty, Soulless just seems to be Andrea's punching bag. The same fate will happen to all non-Ridsilina shippers
Andrea wishes she could catch me.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC

My Shipping will never be stopped. :awesome:

@ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt you have no idea how sick I really am. ;)

Just ask @Lizardon about what I've posted in a conversation :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:
The most likely candidates seem to be gamescom (doubtful) the 20th (pyrosphere anniversary) or late august which is way too far away for my liking.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I predict sometime in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully before the 19th, school starts back for me then.

What itme of day are directs usally? EST that is.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Say, I got one more thing to show. This isn't intended to convince you, but you might find this post interesting. It was made by aldelaro5, and it talks about "teasing with selected targeting." http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ctors-paradise.324284/page-1350#post-17206145

Again, I don't mean this to continue with the Ridley argument; I just thought this post looked pretty convincing. :) *hug*
WHOA. That's a big post and frankly I just don't have the time today....

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I'm fine with and aware of that. But I still want someone to make a wager with me about it. It's all in good fun.
Well, I would, but that would imply I thought there's a chance Ridley won't be playable. A thought that isn't to be entertained. Ridley WILL be playable, as will Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff WILL get the boot. I remain adamant on this point. :glare:

sorry I just got on and I wanted a turn... :crying:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
What's with all the images of Palutena/Ridley teasing? I thought we established that he's been hinted at more Largely than she has.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
The one reason I can see Ridley being a boss is because of Stage Bosses in general. They haven't been implemented before, and Sakurai will likely consider them totally different to the SSE boss fights. Why not represent them with a series' bestial antagonist that's a monster?

On a side note... Death can't be in Super Konami Bros.! He's too big, and OP with his floating and sickles. Huehuehue, Metroidvania is fun.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Did I say that? I have nothing to stake, anyway.

The alternative is not to be considered. *nod*
We're not "staking" anything.

When Ridley is deconfirmed, you have to put "Keybladeguy was right - RIP Ridley" in your sig in BRIGHT PINK for one week, and changes your avatar to a picture of my choice for one week.

If I lose, I change my avatar to a pony with ridley's head poorly edited over it for one week, and put "I was wrong, Long Live Ridley" in my sig for one week.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

When Ridley is deconfirmed, you have to put "Keybladeguy was right - RIP Ridley" in your sig in BRIGHT PINK for one week, and changes your avatar to a picture of my choice for one week.

If I lose, I change my avatar to a pony with ridley's head poorly edited over it for one week, and put "I was wrong, Long Live Ridley" in my sig for one week.
I'll take this bet. I don't have an avatar anyway. :)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Andrea wishes she could catch me.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC

My Shipping will never be stopped.

DAMN IT, SOULLESS! I'M GONNA GET YOU! D:<

ok....too much fun for today.....if the Ridley tracing is fixed nicely, I will post the progress here....and I wish I could sell them, but, these are the only ones I will make...I still have the materials....but the printing on vinyl is kinda expensive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Did I say that? I have nothing to stake, anyway.

The alternative is not to be considered. *nod*
I don't catch your drift (I've been saying that a lot these days)

ok....too much fun for today.....if the Ridley tracing is fixed nicely, I will post the progress here....and I wish I could sell them, but, these are the only ones I will make...I still have the materials....but the printing on vinyl is kinda expensive.
THEY IS NEVER TOO MUCH FUN! But you go back to school on Mon- NEVER! TOO! MUCH! FUN!

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

See, that? That, right there? That's what we call "stakes." The wager is what you think will happen, the stake is what you're betting on it. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Oh dear... this was meant for someone who doesn't like MLP.... I guess I can always make it an image of Diamond Tiara or the Crusaders.... :evil:

We have a deal. You heard it here first, folks!
Yeah, I figured you'd dump a CMC avatar on me if I lost. Still a significant blow, trust me.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

I know how you get him: Figure out where he once ran, travel back in time and simply pull his legs when he comes running :yeahboi:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you guys are making bets please take it to PMs to discuss the terms.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It's awesome. I think a lot of us have focused on his viciousness and forgotten the comedic elements.

I think a Ridley defeat animation would have the Baby Metroid in its canister bouncing off his head. :)

Zynux

Smash Lord
Ridley was ambiguously alluded to twice, and yet for almost a year has not been mentioned and his role completely ignored.

There is no doubt that, after the April direct, that he's being teased to. For what, we do not know. The belief that he's 100% confirmed/deconfirmed is silly because we have so little information on the whole thing.

As I've said before, I speculate that Ridley will not be revealed in a PoTD regardless of role: it would completely break any sort of teasing Sakurai was building for and be anti-climatic all around. I fully expect to see Ridley in video, whether it's his own Character Trailer (playable) or finally an explanation on Ridley's role on the Pyrosphere (Boss hazard).

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Nintendo is at Gamescom right? Microsoft and Sony have done their conferences. What if at the end of Nintendo's we get a Ridley reveal? That would explain why we've gotten nothing recently.

Top Bottom