• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
You're the one who's getting mad.

And oh look, I post one MLP pic andall of sudden your anti-brony - well that's certainly not bigotry there is it?

Sakurai has confirmed his role as a boss. Perhaps you don't quite understand it, but the Japanese people I have met don't always go straightforward when talking. Just like Americans. And Germans. And Russians.
please show me a quote of where sakurai says ridley is a boss. and it must have the words "ridley is a boss" in it and the person who says it must be Sakurai

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
right, lets just stop this... its obvious this is pointless.

like others have said, ignore and report, cause this entire argument is stupid.

Edit: sorry for the people who liked my original post, i just didnt want to get sucked into another argument with a detractor... its like trying to swim against a hurricane... completely pointless.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
please show me a quote of where sakurai says ridley is a boss. and it must have the words "ridley is a boss" in it and the person who says it must be Sakurai
It's never been DIRECTLY stated, I admit that. But it's been implied to the point that it doesn't need to be stated.

and oh look at that I got reported by the pissed off anti-brony. Big surprise.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
It's never been DIRECTLY stated, I admit that. But it's been implied to the point that it doesn't need to be stated.

Well sakurai does take time to state things later on like chrom being part of robins final smash and that he forgot to mention that the Frog Prince was an assist trophy. so why dosnt he also take time to say that Ridley is a boss?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
except his role was NOT 100% confirmed.
Once again, I do not hate Ridley, nor do I hate the fanbase.

If Ridley wou;d've been so much hype, then why wasn't he shown off at a big event, say E3 for example? Hm? Why would he not be shown when obvious unlockables Luigi, Mega Man, and Pac-Man have all been shown?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I haven't reported anyone yet, just stated it could be in consideration. And i stated I was neutral

I think it's amusing how fitting Harmony of a Hunter: Doppelganger fits when a detractor arrives!
I suggest that if we get to page 1492 with the argument still going, we all just go on his profile and click 'Ignore'

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, if this troll is trying to agitate us, let's try to change the subject into something more lighthearted.

Like which characters would do best with Ridley in a Team Battle? I would say Bowser, because they're both villainous reptiles who serve as the main antagonists of their respective franchise. Ridley and Rosalina would do good as well, because @AndreaAC.

Also, Robin can support with anyone and even marry someone of the opposite sex. Which means that she and Ridley could become...well, you know.

whatamidoing.jpg

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know what, before I ignore you I have one more thing to say to mr @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming .
All I'm doing is setting pillows down for the fall that will inevitably happen
Please, stop pretending you're helping us by spouting your opinion as fact while disregarding our arguments. It's frustrating for everyone involved.

Last edited:
Well, if this troll is trying to agitate us, let's try to change the subject into something more lighthearted.

Like which characters would do best with Ridley in a Team Battle? I would say Bowser, because they're both villainous reptiles who serve as the main antagonists of their respective franchise. Ridley and Rosalina would do good as well, because @AndreaAC.

Also, Robin can support with anyone and even marry someone of the opposite sex. Which means that she and Ridley could become...well, you know.

My vote still goes to K. Rool. Large pirate reptile villians

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

the confession: Listen here toots, you might be tinkin dat I'm not woyth anytink, yet I love ya and would give you all dese presents!
SO MARREH ME DAMMIT

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I don't hate Ridley. I do however have a bone to pick with his fanbase. The fact that it has indeed been confirmed his role isn't enough to you guys. I'm not trying to start trouble, I'm here stating facts. I remain 100% calm, while it's obvious some of you are getting mad. Don't get mad.

Every other fanbase has gotten over their character deconfirmation just fine. Except this one.
I have never played any Metroid game, ever, so I have really no true correlation with Ridley. And even if he gets in or not, I'll still have the same feeling about his inclusion as I do now. But, even though I don't have personal feelings for this space dragon, it doesn't mean I won't support the people who really want to see him in. If your here for personal reasons to shun other peoples wants and needs, I feel that's pretty petty of you. Whatever the case the Ridley supporters think about Ridley TRUE role in Smash 4, you shouldn't act like a higher authority with claims against Ridley's inclusion.

And I will say this once; When has Sakurai EVER STATED Ridley was NOT PLAYABLE. Please give me proof of this, then I will think twice about Ridley's role in Smash 4.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I am not trying to pop your dreams. I'm trying to get you to understand the difference between a dream and reality.
Same thing, isn't it?
Well, at least I do hope you realize you are not the first to try and save us from our delusions. This thread is huge. We have discussed nearly everything, and people have tried to teach us reality before. Yet we are still on our purple winged bandwagon, chugging blissfully towards a curtain, with no idea whether there is a deadly lava spike pit chasm or the railroad to heaven behind it.

All you are doing is making us upset. You are not, in any way, make us understand anything other than the fact that we hate people who disagree with us like this.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You know what, before I ignore ypu I have one more thing to say to mr @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming .

Please, stop pretending you're helping us by spouting your opinion as fact while disregarding our arguments. It's frustrating for everyone involved.
I am trying to help you. And I am in no way a troll. Trolls intentionally try to agrivate someone. I am not intentionally doing it.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Because he's trolling.
And there you have it folks, a well contructed finishing argument from Keybladeguy, lettuce replay what the quote was. "Because he's trolling" wow, such passionate, much thought, very constructed, wow. i dont think anyone can beat this post guys cause i've been defeated "falls into the splounge water and drowns"

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
the confession: Listen here toots, you might be tinkin dat I'm not woyth anytink, yet I love ya and would give you all dese presents!
SO MARREH ME DAMMIT
I fear what their son Morgan is going to look like.

But I'm sure that Ridley will be a better father than Walhart. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
eating popcorn i assume?
I'm more scratching my head as to why people have a hard time ignoring trolling within this thread when it's seems to happen everyday. ;)

So yeah, drop this argument.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't hate Ridley. I do however have a bone to pick with his fanbase. The fact that it has indeed been confirmed his role isn't enough to you guys. I'm not trying to start trouble, I'm here stating facts. I remain 100% calm, while it's obvious some of you are getting mad. Don't get mad.

Every other fanbase has gotten over their character deconfirmation just fine. Except this one.
He hasn't been confirmed as a boss, is the thing. Every other character who has been disconfirmed has had a tag going along with it "Oh, this character isn't playable, BTW". Even Prince Sablé, who had Blue Pikmin 11 and almost no one else cheering him wholeheartedly on, got a tweet saying "oh, yeah, we forgot to mention, but he's an Assist and Not Playable" when they forgot to put it on the PotD. Nothing like that for Ridley.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Same thing, isn't it?
Well, at least I do hope you realize you are not the first to try and save us from our delusions. This thread is huge. We have discussed nearly everything, and people have tried to teach us reality before. Yet we are still on our purple winged bandwagon, chugging blissfully towards a curtain, with no idea whether there is a deadly lava spike pit chasm or the railroad to heaven behind it.

All you are doing is making us upset. You are not, in any way, make us understand anything other than the fact that we hate people who disagree with us like this.
So now you openly admit to hating anyone who disagrees with you?

Edit: Dropping it now.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo

If Ridley wou;d've been so much hype, then why wasn't he shown off at a big event, say E3 for example? Hm? Why would he not be shown when obvious unlockables Luigi, Mega Man, and Pac-Man have all been shown?
To line up with anniversaries, Little mac, Robin, cpt falcon, all were announced with their anniversary or around that time.

Edit: Oops, sorry didn't see the dropping it thing until now.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

done arguing with you, you're just causing trouble.

i WILL however thank you for quoting my post at the point before i edited it, i suppose it would be a shame to let such a retort be lost forever.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please help us out with this detractor! :(
Detractors have a right to their own opinions. Why anyone would post in a thread about a character they don't think will get in is beyond me, but if they state it civilly then that is perfectly acceptable.

D

Deleted member

The two lords of shipping finally come together in their own relationship. :awesome:

I actually don't even think I've approved that one yet. Hold on...

Ridley X Robin (Both Genders)?

Ah that's better.

Now the only question is, will @AndreaAC try to stab me for this one? :awesome:

On the topic of doubles partners, the idealistic part of me wants to say that Ridley/Little Mac would be really good because the whole air dominance/ground dominance duality thing happening (assuming air dominance is Ridley's game), but that realistically probably wouldn't go as perfectly as I think it would.

Ridley and WFT would also be good since WFT got him into shape for Smash Bros.

But realistically anything to help Ridley zone since he'll probably be slow on the ground will be helpful, I think.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The two lords of shipping finally come together in their own relationship. :awesome:

Ah that's better.

On the topic of doubles partners, the idealistic part of me wants to say that Ridley/Little Mac would be really good because the whole air dominance/ground dominance duality thing happening (assuming air dominance is Ridley's game), but that realistically probably wouldn't go as perfectly as I think it would.

But realistically anything to help Ridley zone since he'll probably be slow on the ground will be helpful, I think.
Andrea isn't here yet, so you are safe for now, she only approves of Ridsilina, which is the supirior ship...What? It's not like I have a knife against my neck or anything...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Detractors have a right to their own opinions. Why anyone would post in a thread about a character they don't think will get in is beyond me, but if they state it civilly then that is perfectly acceptable.
Just pointing out everything I've said has been in a civil manor. I come in here to try to read a little more about Ridley and why people so... passionately... think he's playable. It's idle curiosity.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
And this means what exactly? I'm being sincere. What does this have to do with that?
Oh, a lot of Metroid annivesaries are during august. I don't really trust Sakurai to stick to them that much, but this is pretty much the perfect month to reveal Ridley. Second to last month before release, and being one of the most controversial characters ever he'd make a hype bomb bigger than any of the previously revealed characters.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Ah that's better.

I'm pretty sure it's been approved before. While I prefer Robin and Charizard together, Robin can still be paired with anyone so it's all okay to me.

On-topic: I believe it's universally agreed here that Ridley will excel in the airgame while doing mediocre on the ground. Such a concept could help him become Little Mac's foil, an idea that I've grown fond of.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Ah that's better.

I think that Ridley would scoff at the idea, until Robin became Grima. Then Ridley would be in awe, and trying to get back into Grima's good graces. Not sure how that relationship would work out though.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oh, a lot of Metroid annivesaries are during august. I don't really trust Sakurai to stick to them that much, but this is pretty much the perfect month to reveal Ridley. Second to last month before release, and being one of the most controversial characters ever he'd make a hype bomb bigger than any of the previously revealed characters.
To be fair (and believe me when I say this in the most respectable way possible) couldn't the opposite also be true? Ridley is the most controversial. He has a rather large hatebase as well. That would make a lot of people not want to buy it.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i actually like my little pony, and here is an image i found that can put an end to everything...

...behold, the power of fan art.

PEACE BE WITH YOU!

Top Bottom