• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
We NEED a direct or atleast a newcomer video soon. Please be before the 19th Sakurai. (Maybe there will be a livestream on monday from Sakurai or a direct thursday/friday.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
No it's not. Even a hand wave is better than providing absolutely no reason, like what Adam Malkovich did.
The only upgrades Samus have that can't kill someone or heavely damage part of the ship are suit upgrades, space jump, ice beam (it won't really matter since power beam already can kill). Everything else is too dangerous to use if there is someone close, like those who survived the whole MB and Ridley rampage or members of Adam's squad. Some of them may lead to just accidental deaths since you won't shoot just someone with a plasma beam or grapple beam if there is no enemies or anything dangerous. That is not "absolutely no reason", unlike Super Metroid and Metroid 2.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
WHAT?! I thought that Ridley on the image looked horrible...why do you all hate Roidley so much...he just needs some love...and chocolate...mostly chocolate of course...
He does look pretty bad, but I think Roidley looks worse. I just don't like all of those muscles. I prefer my Ridleys thin and bony, to where they look more savage. Then again, I haven't finished Other M so I'm only going off screenshots.

So, What Did CoroCoro Reveal? I Assume Not Ridley, because this thread still seems bored and not Depressed.
New Mii outfits. Nothing Ridley.

(except for things she somehow lost between 1 and 2)
Had to have happened in Prime Hunters, or the gap between Hunters and Echoes. Hunters falls between 1 and 2 in the Prime series.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
The only upgrades Samus have that can't kill someone or heavely damage part of the ship are suit upgrades, space jump, ice beam (it won't really matter since power beam already can kill). Everything else is too dangerous to use if there is someone close, like those who survived the whole MB and Ridley rampage or members of Adam's squad. Some of them may lead to just accidental deaths since you won't shoot someone with a plasma beam or grapple beam. That is not "absolutely no reason", unlike Super Metroid and Metroid 2.
Don't try to justify other M, Adam was an absolute imbecile whose moronic actions only made Samus's life harder for the just cause factor. The whole game was a travesty story wise and the gameplay was also the worst of the entire series.

I can't wait until retro gets their hands back on the Metroid series to make a game so good this garbage will be almost entirely forgotten. I hope they just write it off as non canon.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
The only upgrades Samus have that can't kill someone or heavely damage part of the ship are suit upgrades, space jump, ice beam (it won't really matter since power beam already can kill). Everything else is too dangerous to use if there is someone close, like those who survived the whole MB and Ridley rampage or members of Adam's squad. Some of them may lead to just accidental deaths since you won't shoot just someone with a plasma beam or grapple beam if there is no enemies or anything dangerous. That is not "absolutely no reason", unlike Super Metroid and Metroid 2.
Like a professional would accidentally shoot others, especially considering the Metroid manga was canon. She never shot anyone THERE, and she sure as hell wouldn't now.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He does look pretty bad, but I think Roidley looks worse. I just don't like all of those muscles. I prefer my Ridleys thin and bony, to where they look more savage. Then again, I haven't finished Other M so I'm only going off screenshots.

Had to have happened in Prime Hunters, or the gap between Hunters and Echoes. Hunters falls between 1 and 2 in the Prime series.
Actually, even though he isn't thin, his ribs are still visible and there is no six pack or things like that. I can prove at least part with the ribs by showing them zoomed-in. And Roidley looks more savage than any other Ridley IMO.

Oh, i forgot about this game. Samus in this game had nearly nothing again without it being explained.

Don't try to justify other M, Adam was an absolute imbecile whose moronic actions only made Samus's life harder for the just cause factor. The whole game was a travesty story wise and the gameplay was also the worst of the entire series.

I can't wait until retro gets their hands back on the Metroid series to make a game so good this garbage will be almost entirely forgotten. I hope they just write it off as non canon.
Im not trying to justify the whole game. Only certain parts. I still think that certain parts are BS like Ridley scene (after so many battles with him, she must expect him to break into her house to ask for some salt or to sleep here until Kraid will stop singing while in the shower since it obviously takes a lot of time and i doubt he washes himself since his arms are not long enough). And not authorizing Space Jump, suit upgrades (especially varia suit) and of course, not just allowing Samus to put a power bomb in that sector, then leave before it will explode or at least before that sector will separate itself and explode, etc.

Nah, Metroid Prime Hunters was worse in more parts than Other M. Except for the plot, which is still better despite being on Mario plot's level. Still, this game is as linear as Other M or at least Fusion, but nooooooo, it is a great game somehow while Other M is worse than s**t.

It will never be forgotten. It will forever live in Sm4sh.
Like a professional would accidentally shoot others, especially considering the Metroid manga was canon. She never shot anyone THERE, and she sure as hell wouldn't now.
Then Wave Beam, Power Bomb, Screw Attack and Plasma Beam are the only weapons that are dangerous. Wave Beam could kill someone without Samus even knowing about that by going through wall, Power Bomb can destroy part of the ship or at least heavely damage it and kill everyone close to it and screw attack is just dangerous. It is better to not let something bad happen. At least she doesn't cares about that once there is no one on the ship except for enemies.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I don't understand why Samus's ability loss needs to be explained. It's a video game for crying out loud. It can still be canon storywise without having blah blah explodion made your varia suit malfunction etc. Just do like SM did and have virtually nothing.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
So...how many hours until Sm4sh's release and how many days are we supporting Ridley for Sm4sh?

It will be really funny if there will be detractors left if Sma5h will ever happen that will say that Ridley will be cut because he looked stupid and everyone hated him or that he just shouldn't have been in SSB games because that goes against canon and things like that. If that will happen, then it will be funny to watch instead of being annoying like it is now.
I think you're getting really ahead of yourself lol. It's still really unlikely he's playable in smash 4. I'd really like him and have wanted him in smash for ages bit he was strongly implied to be a boss, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you actually expect otherwise

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I think you're getting really ahead of yourself lol. It's still really unlikely he's playable in smash 4. I'd really like him and have wanted him in smash for ages bit he was strongly implied to be a boss, I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you actually expect otherwise
2nd post. Read it.

You have yet to evolve.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Oh my god... these past few days have been the slowest I've ever experienced. I need some announcements, I'm growing weary
Of all this waiting. When's the direct nintendo? It's about time we know.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
Oh my god... these past few days have been the slowest I've ever experienced. I need some announcements, I'm growing weary
I'm going to guess (hopefully) that it's the end of August that we'll get a direct. And hopefully, in said direct, Ridley's fate is revealed.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Samus loses her abilities when Sakamoto heavily breathes on her neck, scaring her sh&tless and making her power ups fly out of orbit. Then Sakamoto says "Oh, I have plans for you..." in Japanese and licks a photo of Other M's boxart

Of course the guy with the Sonic profile pic is tired of waiting!

Last edited:

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
Samus loses her abilities when Sakamoto heavily breathes on her neck, scaring her sh&tless and making her power ups fly out of orbit. Then Sakamoto says "Oh, I have plans for you..." in Japanese and licks a photo of Other M's boxart
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. O.o Probably both out of fear if Sakamoto ever considers such a thing.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Actually, even though he isn't thin, his ribs are still visible and there is no six pack or things like that. I can prove at least part with the ribs by showing them zoomed-in.
Those are the lower ribs though. There's not supposed to be much muscle there anyway. And that's ignoring the fact that Ridley's not human, and likely has a different anatomy. Those rib-like structures were present on SM Ridley as well, and may not actually be bones at all.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
2nd post. Read it.

You have yet to evolve.
I've read it it doesn't change my opinion at all. Ridley is still possible but his chances at being playable are very low given the implications of the direct.

It's a perfect example of occams razor

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The news gotta come fast!

I've read it it doesn't change my opinion at all. Ridley is still possible but his chances at being playable are very low given the implications of the direct.

It's a perfect example of occams razor
Sure, we could apply Occam's razor here, but that won't change the fact that this is Sakurai we're speaking of, a man known for teasing, twisting information and playing with us with almost everything he shows us.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

It's a perfect example of occums razor
Fair enough that you have an opinion, but here's the kicker...Would you tease something that you already did as if it was entirley new? What if Miyamoto did a PoTD with a Golden Block "Rumor has it, something happen if you interact with these blocks..."
If your answer is yes, then you aren't a professional at teasing, and seeing as how you bombarded in here saying:
It is pretty hard to take you serious because you used 'lol'

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Sure, we could apply Occam's razor here, but that won't change the fact that this is Sakurai we're speaking of, a man known for teasing, twisting information and playing with us with almost everything he shows us.
That's the only reason I think ridley even has a hope but it's a bit soon to be assuming he's guaranteed

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Read 2nd post provided by those who pay attention to things more than an average person. Then return. And no, it is not to make the blow softer. Instant deconfirmation is like getting shot. Leaving his role unknown for 1 year is like falling from 10 miles height while slowly burning before falling into Superman's hands, getting cut into pieces after landing into his hands before becoming even flatter after hitting the ground. And hyping up/teasing something you see in every Metroid game is as stupid as hyping up/teasing playable Mario.
I don't understand why Samus's ability loss needs to be explained. It's a video game for crying out loud. It can still be canon storywise without having blah blah explodion made your varia suit malfunction etc. Just do like SM did and have virtually nothing.
Because there is always those who want more story and explanation and they also say that Other M is s**t only because of its story and because its, oh, linear, just like other 3 Metroid games (Fusion, 2 and Hunters) we had. Its a f***ing video game, not a movie!
Those are the lower ribs though. There's not supposed to be much muscle there anyway. And that's ignoring the fact that Ridley's not human, and likely has a different anatomy. Those rib-like structures were present on SM Ridley as well, and may not actually be bones at all.
Im not talking about lower ribs. There is some visible on his chest. He is just bulky, not like any of the DBZ characters.
That is something not everyone remembers - he is not a human and he is allowed to have whatever developers want him to have, even lack of heart and brain or some kind of a bizarre method of keeping memory in his DNA.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
That's the only reason I think ridley even has a hope but it's a bit soon to be assuming he's guaranteed
Well, that's true. Nothing is guaranteed until officially revealed, but it is VERY likely. Sakurai apparently doesn't like fake hype. He's never teased a character without confirming them later. And he's teased Ridley... a lot.

Also, if Ridley wasn't playable they could have already revealed him as whatever he is. It's been four months since we last saw his shadow.

Xenorange

Smash Lord

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
It justs seemed like you were a troll as most people who act trollish use lol, nothing personal, especially not as we are fellow Smashers. Also, why would Ridley be in the #3 place for 'Most Chance' in RTC?
because people really want him and metroid has a small amount of representation. Including me btw I think ridley would be ****ing great. I'm just being realistic

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
because people really want him and metroid has a small amount of representation. Including me btw I think ridley would be ****ing great. I'm just being realistic
not a lot of people want BDee, yet he is in Chance, I stated Chance, not want, if they were the same, Anna would be on chance, along with others, and admit, it's too damn strange that Ridley's role hasn't been revealed! Palutena was implied to not be playable at all! But oh well! It's Sakurai! WarfaringElf said it himself: Didn't your mother tell you not to trust Sakurai?

Warning: I think this might be harmful to the epileptic

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
not a lot of people want BDee, yet he is in Chance, I stated Chance, not want, if they were the same, Anna would be on chance, along with others, and admit, it's too damn strange that Ridley's role hasn't been revealed! Palutena was implied to not be playable at all! But oh well! It's Sakurai! WarfaringElf said it himself: Didn't your mother tell you not to trust Sakurai?
I woud like to leave this here.

Toon Link is cut. Sakurai said no clones. How oculd he possibly appear in game if he's on the train?

Kamiko

Smash Ace
Im not talking about lower ribs. There is some visible on his chest. He is just bulky, not like any of the DBZ characters.
That is something not everyone remembers - he is not a human and he is allowed to have whatever developers want him to have, even lack of heart and brain or some kind of a bizarre method of keeping memory in his DNA.
Ok first of all, the lower ribs are still part of the chest. With that said, I was looking at the concept art. Were you talking about the model? Because if that's the case then what you're refering to don't look like ribs at all, more like some weird muscle structure. Notice how all the "ribs" connect to the shoulder.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. This is my stance as well. I know there was a lot of effort put into the 2nd post, but as of yet, it doesn't prove Ridley is playable, it just makes you think he may not be a stage hazard because of the reasons shown.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I would like to remind everyone of the shadow anayalsis, not just the size, but the movements as well.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'm pretty sure nobody here is saying the 2nd post proves Ridley is playable. It just lists the reasons why it's likely to be playable.

The only thing that can prove Ridley is playable is an official announcement... or a leak when someone gets the game and actually plays it.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm pretty sure nobody here is saying the 2nd post proves Ridley is playable. It just lists the reasons why it's likely to be playable.

The only thing that can prove Ridley is playable is an official announcement... or a leak when someone gets the game and actually plays it.
You mean the announcement later this week?

Top Bottom