• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
>.>

I hate it when games do this

That was the one of my few complaints with Prime 1.

I'm probably not playing the thing twice, so hopefully standard difficulty is enough.
The Hard Mode also abruptly ends after the main story's final boss. So no post-game/fanservice at the end.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well, I just got back from a convention, so I of course am now fairly sick, and not in the mood to do much other than sleepily stare at my monitor, post here and listen to music. I'll actually start the game tomorrow.

Hey, you mentioned fuss. I brought the fuss. :>
Next time I'm going to mention winning lottery ticket numbers. Or legit Sm4sh leaks.

Those were only from the game's intro. There are more to come. :awesome:
@.@ dat baby fever

The Hard Mode also abruptly ends after the main story's final boss. So no post-game/fanservice at the end.
Welp, that's all the convincing I needed to not play the game twice. Unless I end up really liking the game. who knows.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
First off, change you signature. It's really freaking me out.
Oh GRACIAS AL CIELO!.....glad that you told him to change that creepy baby gif....I couldn't sleep because of it....

it was like...

F2A571_0DB53970447F6_000.gif

"That thing is haunting me..."

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Other M is actually very fun to play. I won't lie. But... and no spoilers here... the thumb scene. The thumb scene. Nothing else must be said. You'll know it when you see it.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

Don't open this Phaazoid or others who don't want to be spoiled in Other M

Fan service and Phantoon was my second favorite part of the game :denzel:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Other M is actually very fun to play. I won't lie. But... and no spoilers here... the thumb scene. The thumb scene. Nothing else must be said. You'll know it when you see it.
Well, my mind immediately goes to the heavy rain scene where you have to agonizingly cut off your own finger through a series of intense quick time events. So I hope my expectations aren't too high xD

The only reason I never played Other M is because by the time it came out my Wii was gathering dust, and I was into halo 3. Highschool me was caught up in Nintendo hate because I disliked their business direction. And by the time I heard about it it was already receiving a lot of hate, and I think I bought Left 4 Dead 2 instead of it.

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Well, my mind immediately goes to the heavy rain scene where you have to agonizingly cut off your own finger through a series of intense quick time events. So I hope my expectations aren't too high xD
Nah, your expectations aren't too high. Just replace a knife with youthful ignorance and teenage angst. Replace Ethan Mars with yourself. Replace physical pain with the psychological torment of a thousand face-palms all happening at once.

Like I said. You'll know it when you see it~

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Nah, your expectations aren't too high. Just replace a knife with youthful ignorance and teenage angst. Replace Ethan Mars with yourself. Replace physical pain with the psychological torment of a thousand face-palms all happening at once.

Like I said. You'll know it when you see it~
ooh. I'm vaguely interested. looking forward to it then.

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Lol. So much hate. I expect similar when Ridley is announced.
I know we have a lot of MewTwo fans on this thread, but Lucario seems like he could bring alot more to the battle than MewTwo.

ON THE TOPIC OF RIDLEY, He WILL be an unlockable. maybe it'll be like Brawl where it's Brawl on a certain stage 15 times *cough Pyrosphere *

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
I know we have a lot of MewTwo fans on this thread, but Lucario seems like he could bring alot more to the battle than MewTwo.

ON THE TOPIC OF RIDLEY, He WILL be an unlockable. maybe it'll be like Brawl where it's Brawl on a certain stage 15 times *cough Pyrosphere *
and what if pyrosphere isnt in the 3ds version? lol

D

Deleted member

I don't see what you're pointing out
The fact that he likes to grasp straws, would be my guess.

In the Robin trailer there is absolutely nothing that could point to Ridley's playability, as there is nothing in any of the other trailers.

Except the Rocks and Tree Branch in Greninja's trailer.

I feel like his comment was a troll, but I'm not 100% on that, some people sincerely believe things like shapes of a character appearing in a trailer pointing to the playable status of said character.

But hey, everyone has their opinions, so they can believe that if they want.

Now bringing such an irrational theory in here? That's something I'd have to disapprove of since it really means nothing with regards to Ridley's chances.

That aside, the march towards Judgement Day continues for Ridley/Roidley:

[collapse=A Random thing I thought of yesterday]
On that note, Ridley's head photoshopped onto the Terminator 2 Judgement Day Poster and Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS replacing the words Terminator 2, with some snappy tagline that relates to Ridley replacing the one on the original poster, would be the greatest thing ever, now if only we had an actual date for Judgement Day.[/collapse]

Question for the moveset people:
I personally would really like to see Ridley's tail incorporated heavily in his moveset as sort of a homage to his use of it in some of the Metroid Games (Pogo Tail in Super Metroid comes to mind first), so aside from the obligatory flying Pogo Tail, how else do you think Ridley's tail could be incorporated. I've always thought it would work well as a Fair or Dair (stabbing/swinging forward, and stabbing downward, respectively. I also think a tail-stab motion could work really well for his pummel animation.

I would liken the animation to how Roidley does to Samus during the Other M cutscene:
[collapse=The moment I'm referring to is at about 1:14]
[/collapse]
Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I would spend a shameful amount of money to have a plushie version of that Baby Ridley.

'Tis quite adorable.
Heh, maybe one day I will learn to make plushies and I'm going to make one of my baby Ridley and normal Ridley. Maybe just for myself or not....just like the Ridley coaster.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I always wondered where The Moon was in Majora's Mask before 72 hours.

Like 34 days out, where would it be=???

Also, here's a slightly related question: how BIG is Ridley compared to The Moon=???

:rotfl:

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

Also, here's a slightly related question: how BIG is Ridley compared to The Moon=???

Ridley's the size of the Moons nose hair.
Scratch that! Ridley IS THE MOONS NOSE HAIR!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
and what if pyrosphere isnt in the 3ds version? lol
Then play on whatever Metroid stage the 3DS version gets? Ton of other choices, even ones having to do with Ridley.

I could at the very least see either one of the past Metroid stages returning. Norfair would obviously make a good home stage.

Question for the moveset people:
I personally would really like to see Ridley's tail incorporated heavily in his moveset as sort of a homage to his use of it in some of the Metroid Games (Pogo Tail in Super Metroid comes to mind first), so aside from the obligatory flying Pogo Tail, how else do you think Ridley's tail could be incorporated. I've always thought it would work well as a Fair or Dair (stabbing/swinging forward, and stabbing downward, respectively. I also think a tail-stab motion could work really well for his pummel animation.

I would liken the animation to how Roidley does to Samus during the Other M cutscene:

Thoughts?
A couple of us have already thrown out the idea that he'd use his tail like a scorpion. At the very least, I could see him having his classic "whiptail" attack from the 2D games, along with some long tail sweeps ala Prime and Other M.

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101

I think Hyrule Warriors has the answer, since Argorok (a dragon boss from the legend of Zelda Twilight Princess) is nearly the size of Ridley:

I really like your avatar

a lot
Thanks! :p

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? I thought they were doing all the stages... > <
Actually, the Palutena and Single Player Modes were part of Famitsu, not Corocoro. There's still nothing on Corocoro yet.

I found the Famitsu scans somewhere in these forums, I'll post a link when I find them again. Gimme a sec.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think the Corocoro comes out tomorrow?

I think they're only showing the starting roster, though. So we might get a new vet, but definitely now newcomers.

Still, more info is more info, should be nice.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

I think they're only showing the starting roster, though. So we might get a new vet, but definitely now newcomers.

wasnt it suppose to be shown on the 12th?

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh, thank you for clearing that up. Tomorrow's the stage day - or the 12th, who even knows? I'll find out, I suppose.

...Honestly, I'm psyched for new stage info, not even just Ridley.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

That depends, does this one count?

Hyrule Warriors Moon Smash.png

If so, Ridley with a Super Mushroom in Giant Smash might actually be bigger.

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Ooooh, thank you for clearing that up. Tomorrow's the stage day - or the 12th, who even knows? I'll find out, I suppose.

...Honestly, I'm psyched for new stage info, not even just Ridley.
I don't think there was any news of a new stage being revealed. Unless you mean possibly learning more info about the currently revealed stages and characters that Corocoro is going to be covering on the 12th. Then you'd be right, I think.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

It's in two days, I think.

That is, unless you live in a time zone 4+ hours ahead of mine which is possible.

Nonetheless, it's August 12 when CoroCoro releases, but most leaks should be out around the 11 I think.

That should do for my stupidity for now.

EDIT 2: Wow, they lined up perfectly... I just spammed the paste button but they're perfect. I am a wizard.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there was any news of a new stage being revealed. Unless you mean possibly learning more info about the currently revealed stages and characters that Corocoro is going to be covering on the 12th. Then you'd be right, I think.
I do, I do. I mean old stage, new info. Could probably have been a liiiiiittle clearer on that. My apologies!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Guys, if we happen to get a Nintendo Direct announced for Tuesday, and it turns out that according to leaks from Corocoro magazine, that the boss hazard for Pyrosphere is something else entirely like Vorash or Rhedogian...I'm going to laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

I mean, if Nintendo tried to keep everything hush-hush about Ridley's role and yet somehow, the info they tried to keep secret still managed to creep into the internet...It just sounds too good to be true. But even then, I can expect Sakurai to pull off such an unexpected twist.

Top Bottom