• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think they're only showing the starting roster, though. So we might get a new vet, but definitely now newcomers.
Let's see here, taking from Brawl's starter roster... subtract the ones confirmed/cut...
:mario2::dk2::link2::samus2::kirby2::fox::pikachu2::diddy:
:sheilda::pit::metaknight::pt::ike::peach::yoshi2::popo:
:dedede::bowser2::warioc::olimar::lucas:
-
:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4diddy:
:4zelda::4sheik::4pit::4charizard::4myfriends::4peach::4yoshi:
:4dedede::4bowser::4olimar: (:squirtle::ivysaur:)
=
:warioc::lucas::metaknight::popo:
4 Characters.
Super Smash Bros. 4.
All of them have shades of Blue on them. (Warios W, Lucas' Shorts, Meta Knights Body & Popo's Parka.)
The opposite of Blue is Red.
Smash 3DS' main color is red, and is releasing first.
RED + BLUE = PURPLE
RIDLEY CONFIRMED.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
What if Ridley's reveal trailer involves Dark Pit?

Whether it confirms him to be playable or if it's yet another tease, I wouldn't know.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
It's time to be terrified again about every PoTD Sakurai does. I'm pretty confident Ridley is playable...but I can't imagine the sinking feeling I'd get if I saw him deconfirmed as a stage boss in a PoTD.
Super unprofessional if he does that now.

He had this character teased for a year, shows him seven months later and doesn't follow up like he does with almost everything else revealed.

Sakurai clears up confusion as soon as possible, not four months later

These are the words that ease my paranoia

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

He had this character teased for a year, shows him seven months later and doesn't follow up like he does with almost everything else revealed.

Sakurai clears up confusion as soon as possible, not four months later

These are the words that ease my paranoia
I know. Again. I'm confident, but still terrified at the same time.

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet

Sakurai clear up confusion as soon as possible, not four months later
This is how I feel as well. It's become obvious that someone/Sakurai pays attention to what the community is talking about, so much so that they've set people straight when there was false hype about characters like Chrom. That means to me that Sakurai and the dev team are well aware about how many people really think Ridley is being teased as playable. If Ridley was just a boss, that's a lot of false hype that just somehow got ignored. Not saying it's impossible for them to let that fly by, but I just find it improbable at this point. It's been too long since that one faithful day :p

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Also, there is the friggin' AZAZEL, from Tekken. He is THE BIGGEST Tekken character. And guess how good he is? Yeah, he is a boss character that CAN be unlocked in one of the versions of the game.

He is crouching here or at least not standing straight like a human or at least like a T.rex in old images. He also looks like Ridley.
Okay if Ridley is like Azazel in terms of gameplay I would instantly call for his banning in any form of this game. That guy is just stupidly annoying to fight.. Oh the traaaumaa..

Also Kudos for using an image of Azazel with one of my favorite Tekken Characters, Miguel.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
A Nintendoland travelling stage would be pretty cool. I can imagine it's announcement now:

"Pic of the day. I know many fans have been waiting for news on a certain space dragon, so I am happy to announce that he will indeed be appearing as a boss..."
[picture of Ridley's shadow on Pyrosphere]

"...on the new Nintendoland stage!"
[picture of Ridley on the Nintendoland stage]
Sounds very plausible, as Sakurai would probably want to yank Ridley Fan's Chains one last time.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Okay if Ridley is like Azazel in terms of gameplay I would instantly call for his banning in any form of this game. That guy is just stupidly annoying to fight.. Oh the traaaumaa..

Also Kudos for using an image of Azazel with one of my favorite Tekken Characters, Miguel.
It won't happen since Azazel was made to be a boss only and if that will happen only because of Ridley's AI, then i don't think there will be a lot of those who will complain about that because you can set it to lvl1-3. Maybe i shouldn't have used Azazel in that post since he isn't really a playable character...

I forgot to mention Justice in that post, the largest character (i think she is...i don't know how big that bulky hulk guy was) in Guilty Gear, who is also a very hard to beat character before she got heavely rebalanced. And she lacks any super armor, so, large size = bad character is something that never happens unless character is just that bad (Ganondorf, but he isn't that big).
EDIT: wait...she isn't that big actually...just a little bit taller than the main character...

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I might try to get competetive withthis game, using Ridley as my main with his air game

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Whether it confirms him to be playable or if it's yet another tease, I wouldn't know.
I hope not, because what people are currently looking at entails Dark Pit is going to be a stage boss and definitely not playable. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to reveal 2 bosses together rather than a playable and a boss. So, for the sake of Ridley's playability, I'm going to have to say no to this.

EDIT: I don't have anything against the idea, just the way it's looking now would have Ridley be revealed as a stage boss if he was with Dark Pit. I could always be wrong (I always am), though. I sounded like a huge **** in this post...

Last edited:

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
It won't happen since Azazel was made to be a boss only and if that will happen only because of Ridley's AI, then i don't think there will be a lot of those who will complain about that because you can set it to lvl1-3. Maybe i shouldn't have used Azazel in that post since he isn't really a playable character...

I forgot to mention Justice in that post, the largest character (i think she is...i don't know how big that bulky hulk guy was) in Guilty Gear, who is also a very hard to beat character before she got heavely rebalanced. And she lacks any super armor, so, large size = bad character is something that never happens unless character is just that bad (Ganondorf, but he isn't that big).
If you are reffering to Potemkin from guilty gear:

He is about the same size as Iron Tager from Blaz Blue:
(heh.. despite the sprites clearly being different sizes)

They are both pretty large characters in their respective series. I would compare it to Juggernaut from the Marvel Vs. Series though for some reason I feel like He is bigger.

That being said, I would not mind playing as a Big Ridley as long as he was a Fun Ridley.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I hope not, because what people are currently looking at entails Dark Pit is going to be a stage boss and definitely not playable. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to reveal 2 bosses together rather than a playable and a boss. So, for the sake of Ridley's playability, I'm going to have to say no to this.

EDIT: I don't have anything against the idea, just the way it's looking now would have Ridley be revealed as a stage boss if he was with Dark Pit. I could always be wrong (I always am), though. I sounded like a huge **** in this post...
I think it would be pretty cool, because using our post 2 logic with teasings and all, Dark Pit is likely to be a playable character or a segaway into something BIG. Sorry, I'm on my Wii U so the purple thing won't be done

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

Dark pit would bother the s*** out of me. He'd be the Decapre of smash, I've said this before and I'll say it again, I am FINE with clones, they look different and, on most occasions:4lucina:, have all new animations. Dark pit is just that, a Darker Pit. He could play differently, feel differently, act differently. But at the end of the day he's Pit with a paint job and a new voice.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

They are both pretty large characters in their respective series. I would compare it to Juggernaut from the Marvel Vs. Series though for some reason I feel like He is bigger.

That being said, I would not mind playing as a Big Ridley as long as he was a Fun Ridley.
Maybe its just because Juggernaut is bulkier. Sentinel is still bigger than Juggernaut and those guys.

Even if he is fun, but overpowered? Kinda like Meta Knight, but a lot bigger.

Tager looks funny in that animation...

Sorry, I'm on my Wii U so the purple thing won't be done
Then you are a traitor and you are disowned from our crew now. YES, just because you did not made BIG word PURPLE.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I think it would be pretty cool, because using our post 2 logic with teasings and all, Dark Pit is likely to be a playable character or a segaway into something big.
Something big... I assume this "something big" would also be purple?

I personally don't expect / want Dark Pit for reasons I won't get into because I will get infracted for spam like the last 2 times. But the short of it is he can't do anything different than Pit. (Please don't reply about these Dark Pit statements).

I sure hope Ridley gets in and Sakurai doesn't do a 360° troll on everybody. :ohwell:

I have no doubts in Ridley.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So, guys...
it's #DisconfirMondays again.
Who do y'all think is gonna get the boot today?
I hope it ain't Ridley/9-Volt/Bandana Dee. :)

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So, guys...
it's #DisconfirMondays again.
Who do y'all think is gonna get the boot today?
I hope it ain't Ridley/9-Volt/Bandana Dee. :)
I know this is off topic, but do PotD's have a set time they're released, or is it just whenever Sakurai wants to? I think I'm actually going to check for tomorrow (today?).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I know this is off topic, but do PotD's have a set time they're released, or is it just whenever Sakurai wants to? I think I'm actually going to check for tomorrow (today?).
Around 3AM EST (About 3 hours and 23 minutes from now) is the approx. time. :D

Nietona

Smash Journeyman

One could say they're... GIIIIIGANTIC!

To think, in one/two days, we could be shut down with a disconfirmation. It's pessimistically worrying.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Even if it is a disconfirmation again, I hope it involves a already represented series instead of a series with none, but no major characters obviously. Id love to see Rundas (As much as it would pain me), Lord Fredrick, or Black Shadow (painful again) just for the sake of those series getting some more attention.

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
It's sometimes an hour before or after, though. Just check from 2-4 am EST.

What if Ridley's trailer is just a remake of the opening scene from the Dark Knight Rises?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9994nv8BcU[/spoiler]
I can't believe how many Ridley jokes can be made from the opening to that movie. Serious, there are tons.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Damn that's early...

I live in the EST Time Zone, so yeah.

I'll have something to check in the morning then.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I just want to say that it's so much fun seeing all of you support Ridley as a playable character in Smash Bros 4. :) It makes me want to support him, too, and I do think Ridley does deserve a spot in Smash Bros after all. The Metroid series really only has Samus :samus64::samusmelee::samus2::4samus:/:zerosuitsamus::4zss: going for it, and I believe that out of all the cast from the Metroid games, Ridley is just as important to the series, and since Melee, I always thought that the Metroid lineup in the game was a little lonely. Ridley would fit well, being the second Metroid character in Smash Bros. (third if you say ZSS is a second representation, though it's still Samus Aran without her power suit. In all honesty when I first saw the Brawl trailer, I thought Power Suit Samus was getting cut!)

Regardless I'm beginning to feel like a supporter for him in Smash Bros! :)
(P.S: Please don't associate Mondays with a disconfirmation of characters. :( Takamaru literally broke my heart, and the next thing I believe in after that is the 4 Trophies Rumour, which includes Ridley. If he gets disconfirmed today, that'd be even more tragic. ;_; :_; )

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

...But I want him as a skin alt. ;-; I know he won't be playable because Palutena, but I REALLY wanna have a Dark Pit alt! Give him different voice clips, weapon designs, and glow color on his wings!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
This is how I feel as well. It's become obvious that someone/Sakurai pays attention to what the community is talking about, so much so that they've set people straight when there was false hype about characters like Chrom. That means to me that Sakurai and the dev team are well aware about how many people really think Ridley is being teased as playable. If Ridley was just a boss, that's a lot of false hype that just somehow got ignored. Not saying it's impossible for them to let that fly by, but I just find it improbable at this point. It's been too long since that one faithful day :p
Yeah, let's overlook Chrom. How about Prince Sablé? Compared to Chrom, the people who wanted him in were miniscule. Yet they still went back and confirmed him when BluePikmin11 a few people were getting hyped when the PotD didn't include the "oh, he's an Assist Trophy" line.

Last edited:

Smash_Handle69

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai:"You're a big guy."
Ridley: "For you."
Sakurai: "You're a big guy!"
Ridley: "For Wii U."
Lol, same joke, different punchline.

Sakurai: "Was getting teased part of your plan?"
Ridley: "Of COURSE!"

Sakurai: "Well, congratulations, you got teased. Now what's the next step of your master plan?"
Ridley: "Crashing this thread."
*Cue Ridley confirmation*

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh, @BaganSmashBros I wanted to ask you something, since I have only seen Brawley flying, I have been always curious on how he would look walking on all fours....and as much as I have tried to study Omega's walk cycle, I can't see a **** thanks to the lighting in the Leviathan...and he's paralyzed, so.......do you think you could do a little animation of Brawley walking?

Like this one?
tumblr_mgle64AYAd1rby4vso1_400.gif

Top Bottom