• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Morbi

Scavenger
We WILL get a Direct this month, and Sakurai only mentions Ridley stuff once every four months, first time last year, last time four months ago and... Well, I don't need to explain, do I?
I would not use a pattern as definitive evidence, but I suppose I agree for the most part. It is likely to happen.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well he's already in the game, that much we know.

We just debate about his role in the game. :drshrug:
I am usually completely and utterly careful at ensuring that I mention which of Ridley's roles I am referring to as to avoid these types of posts. I have failed... the Space Pirates.

Last edited:

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Regardless, many Rosalina supporters established that that was fallacious reasoning (to suspect that she was a Peach clone) as they did not share many abilities or techniques and Sakurai decided to use a non-canon move-set, this makes the notion negligible. Ridley and Charizard have a more observable direct correlation than the likes of Peach or Rosalina.

Secondly, this does not objectively prove anything, it discerns that one character that many suspected of being a clone, was not a clone. Therefore it is not entirely relevant either.

Lastly, I do not believe that Ridley will be a Charizard clone. I believe that it is a possibility, perhaps they will be pseudo-clones in the same vein as Wolf and Fox.
Yep I slightly agree. No past clones have been revealed except Toon Link. Only new clone we've seen is Lucina and two cases isn't enough to confirm that all past clone veterans will be back with cloned/slightly altered moves. Some characters might share some moves with different aspects but I'm pretty sure Sakurai and his team is creative enough to think of more move sets and abilities for said characters.

Ridley will most possibly share some moves but he will not be a complete clone. Falco for example; I like how he got slightly revamped in SSBB. Who's to say he can't get revamped anymore? ( I don't know why PM changed it back... I really liked SSBB Falco more than SSBM Falco.)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The way they write him into the stories and games he doesn't need to be very expressive to be fair, Metroid isn't very cartoony after all. Still, I do like the cartoony fan art.
Well, yeah, you are right about that. I'm just taking advantage of his eyes to give him expressions he certainly no needs in the games, but at least for other stuff. With his Meta and Omega forms is nearly impossible.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I think most of also agree on Hybrid Ridley.

500px-Ridley.png

*Just an example

...I dream too much about Ridley.
Who cannot dream about such magnificent piece of a man that he is~?

*NOT ACTUALLY HOMO SHH

Anniversaries until Japanese Release

NA - Metroid - August 15
NA - Return - August 26
NA - Other M - August 31
NA - Corruption - August 27
NA - Trilogy - August 24
JP - Other M - September 2
PAL - Other M - September 3
EU - Trilogy - September 4

And most importantly:

NA - Pyrosphere Reveal - August 20
:troll::troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wouldn't mind Ridley being a Zard clone too much, I mostly just want to play as Ridley, but I don't believe it has even a small chance of happening. Ridley is of such high stature that he would be highly prioritized, he's certainly a much bigger Nintendo character than the majority of the current newcomers, and he has tons of unique moveset potential too, they have no excuse for making him a clone or semi-clone. Furthermore, if he's a character we already know he isn't a clone thanks to his flight gimmick.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wouldn't mind Ridley being a Zard clone too much, I mostly just want to play as Ridley, but I don't believe it has even a small chance of happening. Ridley is of such high stature that he would be highly prioritized, he's certainly a much bigger Nintendo character than the majority of the current newcomers, and he has tons of unique moveset potential too, they have no excuse for making him a clone or semi-clone. Furthermore, if he's a character we already know he isn't a clone thanks to his flight gimmick.
You could say the same thing about Ganondorf (minus the last sentence), and look what happened to him.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Here is a spooky story.
"Years ago, in this very franchise, there was a Nintendo character just like you. Only bigger! And, one night, when he was waiting for Brawl, it happened."

"He forgot his color palettes?"

"No."

"He didn't remember his moveset?"

"No."

"Wrong representative?"

"No! He became a boss by mistake! And he was replaced by the same character without her suit. And, he got hit by a Subspace bomb! And, at his funeral, they deconfirmed him! So now, every, um, what day is it?"

"Wednesday."

"Wednesday night, he returns to Smash Bros. to reek his horrible vengeance."

"*gasp* But tonight is Wednesday night!"

"Then he'll be coming..."

"How will we know?"

"There are three signs that signal the approach of the Space Pirate dragon. First, the camera will flicker on and off. Next, Pyrosphere will appear, and there will be nobody there. Then the Space Pirate dragon shows up over the stage, because he's already flying! He slowly casts his shadow shadow shadow! And do you know what happens next?"
"What?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"What?!"

"Do you really, really want to know?"

"WHAT, WHAT, WHAT DOES HE DO?!

"He gets confirmed!"

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Why do so many peoples think that SSB follows canon in every way? And that is while Squirtle drowns, Samus and Sonic don't just sink to the bottom when on the watter and instead swim, Ridley takes damage from something like Jigglypuff's punches and fire attacks (especially that since he lives in LOWER PART OF NORFAIR, when even SAMUS takes damage without right suit, so, fire would not deal any damage to him or at least be nearly useless) even though it should deal 0.01% since he can easily survive getting hit by a missile and his skin block uncharged version of Plasma Beam that goes through every normal enemy, Charizard uses Rock Smash, Lucario uses Aura Storm in a wrong way (it is not a kamekameha beam in pokemon games), Mario teams up with Bowser to beat Peach and Luigi, Kirby can inhale Meta Knight, Ganondorf wearing a bunny hood with a lip's stick in his hand gets beatened by Jigglypuff, just Captain Falcon's specials and his personality (he wasn't like that in F-Zero games), everyone can survive getting stabbed through by a sword as long as they don't get off-screen, just the fact that characters from different franchises exist in the same game, characters' sizes, Kirby can use his specials (except for Neutral B) without having to eat enemies that give him those powers (rock, cutter/sword and hammer), BIG GAY DANCE, Mario using Shoryuken and shooting 2 giant fireballs, etc.
BUT NOOOOOOOO, Ridley must follow canon in every way! If we will go by this kind of logic, then he must be the strongest character in any of the SSB games since he should be able to KO anyone with any of his attacks on 0% since they can instantly kill Samus in Other M if she has only 1 energy tank while in Varia Suit (that is already impressive), take nearly no damage from anyone except for Ganondorf and Samus since he takes A LOT of missiles, super missiles, charged PLASMA BEAM shots before "dying" (he still somehow survives that) and he should not wait until enemy attacks him. So, is it a good idea to follow canon with him? Or whe should follow only a SPECIFIC PART of the canon? Either something applies to everything or it is completly ignored. No exceptions should be made.

Oh, and who wins (most of the time) in battle between Bowser (very large target) and Pichu (very small target) in Melee? Of course not Pichu, who has pathetic range, but SMALL HURTBOXES, yeah, that is important to be useful. But guess what? That doesn't helps him a lot. He is still s**t tier. While Ganondorf in the same game is high tier character despite being a large target. But since he is a large target, he is useless. Does that makes any sense? No.

Give this man an Emmy.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Here is a spooky story.
[/spoiler]"Years ago, in this very franchise, there was a Nintendo character just like you. Only bigger! And, one night, when he was waiting for Brawl, it happened."

"No."

"No."

"Wrong representative?"

"No! He became a boss by mistake! And he was replaced by the same character without her suit. And, he got hit by a Subspace bomb! And, at his funeral, they deconfirmed him! So now, every, um, what day is it?"

"Wednesday."

"How will we know?"

"There are three signs that signal the approach of the Space Pirate dragon. First, the camera will flicker on and off. Next, Pyrosphere will appear, and there will be nobody there. Then the Space Pirate dragon shows up over the stage, because he's already flying! He slowly casts his shadow shadow shadow! And do you know what happens next?"

"What?"

"What?!"

"He gets confirmed!"
Hey now that I remember.....you were going to do a Ridsalina fic months ago....

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
That there’s some spots in this roster, Mr. Ridley… and it’s worth fighting for -King K Rool.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Here is a spooky story.
"Years ago, in this very franchise, there was a Nintendo character just like you. Only bigger! And, one night, when he was waiting for Brawl, it happened."

"No."

"No."

"Wrong representative?"

"Wednesday."

"How will we know?"

"What?"

"What?!"

"He gets confirmed!"
I'm in tears right now.

It added to the suspense.
Greninja'd :(

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
But I've seen spoiler texts much longer then mine here that weren't broken up.

Ah whatever...
Hmm, I don't know then. Guess it's a bug? It could be the amount of raw lines you have inside it. If you go to the BB Code Editor you can see how many raw lines you have in the spoiler. I think images count as as much as they are typed out as, so text and images differ. I don't know, though.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Ridley would NEVER be a Charizard clone. Both characters' bodies are very different, his waist and legs are simply incompatible with with Charizard's animations, which pretty much means he couldn't inherit any of the poke's attacks. The only reason Ganon got Falcon's moves was because his body proportion were identical, just scaled up slightly.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ridley would NEVER be a Charizard clone. Both characters' bodies are very different, his waist and legs are simply incompatible with with Charizard's animations, which pretty much means he couldn't inherit any of the poke's attacks. The only reason Ganon got Falcon's moves was because his body proportion were identical, just scaled up slightly.
I can already assert that you are indeed incorrect because you stated that he would NEVER be a clone. Obviously that sentiment is fallacious.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You could say the same thing about Ganondorf (minus the last sentence), and look what happened to him.
That was for Melee, a time where Ganondorf was a one-time character only and Ganon was the famous form. Ganondorf is a lot more today than he was back when he was first included. Plus, he had to compete with bigshots like Bowser, Peach, Zelda and Marth, plus other characters that got in to fill certain nichés. What does Ridley have to compete with? He's on a whole different level than say Rosalina and Greninja.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
But seriously, wouldn't Sakurai have to get charizard's dna first?
I am sure that Sakurai could manage, he has done crazier things before. :awesome:

If he includes Mewtwo this time around, he can always ask if Mewtwo would loan him some Charizard DNA. :troll:

It would not be the first time Ridley was a failed clone. :troll:
long live ridley
Long live Ridley.

But I've seen spoiler texts much longer then mine here that weren't broken up.

Ah whatever...
I believe it has to do with the number of lines in the spoiler. Not necessarily the length. For instance, I made a list of about 10 things and the spoiler broke it up. I can test it now.
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley

Edit- I suppose that is not correct, either.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I am sure that Sakurai could manage, he has done crazier things before. :awesome:

Long live Ridley.

I believe it has to do with the number of lines in the spoiler. Not necessarily the length. For instance, I made a list of about 10 things and the spoiler broke it up. I suppose I can test it now.
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley
Ridley

Edit- I suppose that is not correct, either.

EDIT: Hmm, not working.

I have no idea what causes it...

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Story time. <3

One time me and my friend were talking about lots of things. We didn't talk about Ridley though. After a while we were done talking so I went home. I had to work the other day so yeah..

The end. <3

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I just joined Smash boards today and started playing Metroid Prime yesterday Ive played fully through the original years ago and I'm playing through Super Metroid now too and of what I have seen of Ridley right now I see no reason why he shouldn't be playable so I'm hoping for that shadow to just be a tease as playable Ridley would be awesome!

Top Bottom