• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , best to just ignore people who will just try to argue to make someone else look the fool. I mean I'll always remember that I'm still more mature than most 20 year olds these days :p some people just don't get that things can be way different than they seem

This one:

I like the classics.
But what about the rest of you guys?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Do you have objective proof to support that baseless claim? It sounds as though your sentiment is quite arbitrary. I; for one, would enjoy Ridley as a Charizard clone.
Well, Rosalina. Many were expecting her to be a Peach clone, but she's far from it.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
excuse me?

you have no idea what a hypocrite is, do you?

that much is obvious...

for "not trying to bash me", you definitely sounded quite insulting there.

your age is showing.
I'm afraid you are almost entirely wrong, Zero.

He said hypocritical, not hypocrite (though they mean similar things).
Hypocritical - Adj., behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

He's saying that you're acting stereotypical for a Ridley supporter, believing you're right and everybody with a different opinion is 100% incorrect.

And I'm pretty sure he wasn't bashing you there. Bashing would imply that it was heavy hitting or extremely offensive. I don't think someone telling you that you're stereotypical is extremely offensive.

And by "your age is showing", you mean to imply that any human under the age of 18 or 21 (depending on where you live) is mentally incapable of having an accurate prediction or opinion? That would seem like you're bashing someone, wouldn't it? At least, that's what it sounds like.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Oh, I thought you mean the size of his eyes...then you mean like thisL
View attachment 21193
I see what you mean, the color of his pupils make him look blind...kind of....it needs more contrast....

Oh and this drawing is just a part of the whole thing...
Ah, yes, that's perfect!
It gives him a lot more "life." And with these iterations being a bit more on the expressive and cartoony side, it would help Ridley blend in more.
*picturing Ridley's splat screen*

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Same as them, Melee Intro is a good size.
(Also, I copied the trend that alot of people on here are doing now and made my Icon/Signature all sweggy. Don't mind me, just bein' a hipster. BP)

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Anything but Other M, though it seems the most likely. I hate that design. I for one would enjoy Ridley from Brawl, maybe if they beefed him out a little more. That or the Concept Art for Other M, I like that one.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Anything but Other M, though it seems the most likely. I hate that design. I for one would enjoy Ridley from Brawl, maybe if they beefed him out a little more. That or the Concept Art for Other M, I like that one.
I like how it says project m in the background.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Same as them, Melee Intro is a good size.
(Also, I copied the trend that alot of people on here are doing now and made my Icon/Signature all sweggy. Don't mind me, just bein' a hipster. BP)
OH WAIT I don't mean anything about size! I was meaning design! Nothing really to do with smash per se

Morbi

Scavenger
We mostly think Ridley's Other M concept art is happening, and we all want that! Other m than Bagan of course
I have been a Ridley supporter for a fairly long time, yet I have never understood why this came to be. Care to elaborate on why most people believe that Ridley's Other M concept art is happening?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Dreamt that Ridley was announced and demoed at Gamescon, his movements were so weird, he was almost slithering his way around the stage when on the ground. Some of his ground attacks made him jump up in the air for easy follow-ups, for example his U-Smash was a diagonal headbutt that launched him up in the air, it was a weird playstyle, but I remember digging it.

...I dream too much about Ridley.
Take a mental note about that; I've had alot a vague dreams that ended up being visions...I think we're psychic!

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Well, Rosalina. Many were expecting her to be a Peach clone, but she's far from it.
I suppose people think they'd be clones for the same reason: They look similiar.

But if you think about it Rosalina would get none of Peach's specials.
No relations with Toads. [well, hardly any]
Calm and graceful Princesses do not fling there bottoms at people.
Wasn't in SMB2, so no vegetable throwing.
Has no parasol.

Hang on let's see why this was even said.
HE will be a Charazard clone. What else will they do withh movesets?
Excuse me, I need to throw up.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I have been a Ridley supporter for a fairly long time, yet I have never understood why this came to be. Care to elaborate on why most people believe that Ridley's Other M concept art is happening?
...it looks cool...

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
The silhouette is reminiscent of Other M Ridley, but it also looks skinner than the one that appears in the game, so the assumption is that it must be closer to the concept art which is indeed skinnier looking than the in-game model.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
The shadow has Emiley's tail but appears to be a bit thinner and not barrel chested.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The shadow's arm spike and head match Other M, as with the tail, but the wings the shadow has are different to Other M's wings, they are in fact, the concept art's wings

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman

Hypocritical - Adj., behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

He's saying that you're acting stereotypical for a Ridley supporter, believing you're right and everybody with a different opinion is 100% incorrect.

And I'm pretty sure he wasn't bashing you there. Bashing would imply that it was heavy hitting or extremely offensive. I don't think someone telling you that you're stereotypical is extremely offensive.

And by "your age is showing", you mean to imply that any human under the age of 18 or 21 (depending on where you live) is mentally incapable of having an accurate prediction or opinion? That would seem like you're bashing someone, wouldn't it? At least, that's what it sounds like.
first, "stereotypical" and "hypocritcal" are NOT the same thing... YOU are in the wrong there, and so was he.

being hypocritical is to BE a hypocrite... which i was not, i was sincere in what i said, i said what we ALL have said, what we ALL believe, what OUR evidence SHOWS.

i pointed out that the detractors all use the same illogical reasoning, which is at its basest form... "ridley is too big"... thats literally all they say... they try using metroid canon to argue against him, but ignore the canon of everything else.

yes, we all use the same arguments, but OUR arguments have reasoning AND evidence supporting what we say, and we have torn apart every other detractor's argument in this topic... why would it be different this time?

by his age showing, i was not insinuating people of young ages can not be intelligent, because i showed wisdom beyond my years when i was younger, and i know people who are smarter than other kids their age... but TYPICALLY, young age tends to be viewed as inexperience, and that is what i meant... he was showing his age by not understanding what he was saying.

also, just for you people confused about the word "hypocritical", here, have some education.

Adj.1.hypocritical - professing feelings or virtues one does not have; "hypocritical praise"
insincere - lacking sincerity; "a charming but thoroughly insincere woman"; "their praise was extravagant and insincere"

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Regardless, many Rosalina supporters established that that was fallacious reasoning (to suspect that she was a Peach clone) as they did not share many abilities or techniques and Sakurai decided to use a non-canon move-set, this makes the notion negligible. Ridley and Charizard have a more observable direct correlation than the likes of Peach or Rosalina.

Secondly, this does not objectively prove anything, it discerns that one character that many suspected of being a clone, was not a clone. Therefore it is not entirely relevant either.

Lastly, I do not believe that Ridley will be a Charizard clone. I believe that it is a possibility, perhaps they will be pseudo-clones in the same vein as Wolf and Fox.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
first, "stereotypical" and "hypocritcal" are NOT the same thing... YOU are in the wrong there, and so was he.

being hypocritical is to BE a hypocrite... which i was not, i was sincere in what i said, i said what we ALL have said, what we ALL believe, what OUR evidence SHOWS.

i pointed out that the detractors all use the same illogical reasoning, which is at its basest form... "ridley is too big"... thats literally all they say... they try using metroid canon to argue against him, but ignore the canon of everything else.

yes, we all use the same arguments, but OUR arguments have reasoning AND evidence supporting what we say, and we have torn apart every other detractor's argument in this topic... why would it be different this time?

by his age showing, i was not insinuating people of young ages can not be intelligent, because i showed wisdom beyond my year when i was younger, and i know people who are smarter than other kids their age... but TYPICALLY, young age tends to be viewed as inexperience, and that is what i meant... he was showing his age by not understanding what he was saying.

also, just for you people confused about the word "hypocritical", here, have some education.

Adj.1.hypocritical - professing feelings or virtues one does not have; "hypocritical praise"
insincere - lacking sincerity; "a charming but thoroughly insincere woman"; "their praise was extravagant and insincere"
I just want to clarify that I am not agreeing with him, I'm just explaining what he said in better context. So I'll take this by paragraph.

I was not saying that hypocritical and stereotypical are the same, I'm saying that the stereotype for Baseless Ridley Supporters (which most of us are not) is to be hypocritical.

I agree, we do have reason. It isn't different this time?

Okay good, because the one sentence had me confused. That's a much better explaination.

I was going off of a different definition, one I assumed someone in a rush would use because it was on the front page of Google (that's not why I used it, that's why someone who needs a quick definition, such as him, would use it).

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So I have missed out on 400 pages or so, have I missed anything BIG?
Rumors of a possible special broadcast this week, maybe? Nothing certain, but everything works to build hype at this point.

By the way, 100 messages in my first week. What am I doing with my life?

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Only possible Direct this or next week
That's exciting how do we know this, is it to go with the CoroCoro thing on the 12th?

I suppose as of current we are eagerly awaiting the CoroCoro magazine's release for more information of Pyrosphere. Other than that, you have not missed anything BIG.
Alright, and yeah, I remember this being mentioned awhile back, only two more days! (unless Sakurai just goes nope he is a stage hazard tomorrow)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Regardless, many Rosalina supporters established that that was fallacious reasoning (to suspect that she was a Peach clone) as they did not share many abilities or techniques and Sakurai decided to use a non-canon move-set, this makes the notion negligible. Ridley and Charizard have a more observable direct correlation than the likes of Peach or Rosalina.

Secondly, this does not objectively prove anything, it discerns that one character that many suspected of being a clone, was not a clone. Therefore it is not entirely relevant either.

Lastly, I do not believe that Ridley will be a Charizard clone. I believe that it is a possibility, perhaps they will be pseudo-clones in the same vein as Wolf and Fox.

by his age showing, i was not insinuating people of young ages can not be intelligent, because i showed wisdom beyond my years when i was younger, and i know people who are smarter than other kids their age... but TYPICALLY, young age tends to be viewed as inexperience, and that is what i meant... he was showing his age by not understanding what he was saying.

HE will be a Charazard clone. What else will they do withh movesets?

Just... just Calm Down.
No fighting here. :(

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm gonna repeat myself one last time, if Sakurai didn't say it, I doubt we're getting the FULL ROSTER or a Newcomer revealed in the most anticlimatic way over a japanese broadcast.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm gonna repeat myself one last time, if Sakurai didn't say it, I doubt we're getting the FULL ROSTER or a Newcomer revealed in the most anticlimatic way over a japanese broadcast.
We do not need a newcomer reveal to interpret information; information, or lack thereof can help us determine whether or not Ridley is in the game slightly more accurately.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ah, yes, that's perfect!
It gives him a lot more "life." And with these iterations being a bit more on the expressive and cartoony side, it would help Ridley blend in more.
*picturing Ridley's splat screen*
IMG00002 - Copy.jpg

Yup, that is why when I draw Brawley, it is not an exact replica of him, since I at least give him expressions....something that Nintendo will not do for now.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
We do not need a newcomer reveal to interpret information; information, or lack thereof can help us determine whether or not Ridley is in the game slightly more accurately.
I'm not talking about CoroCoro magazine, I am reffering to this supposed broadcast which contains the "full roster"

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Well he's already in the game, that much we know.

We just debate about his role in the game. :drshrug:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yup, that is why when I draw Brawley, it is not an exact replica of him, since I at least give him expressions....something that Nintendo will not do for now.
The way they write him into the stories and games he doesn't need to be very expressive to be fair, Metroid isn't very cartoony after all. Still, I do like the cartoony fan art.

Top Bottom