• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
During the part in the April Direct that Sakurai says Other boss characters make appearances, it seems like it could also be implying characters like Bowser. I've read the Japanese wording can't be interpreted as that. Anyone know if that's the case or if the Japanese wording could be taken as characters who are bosses?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
After all the teasing, I don't think Sakurai would be so twisted to cut off our wings and shatter our dreams... He wouldn't, right?

Right?

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
During the part in the April Direct that Sakurai says Other boss characters make appearances, it seems like it could also be implying characters like Bowser. I've read the Japanese wording can't be interpreted as that. Anyone know if that's the case or if the Japanese wording could be taken as characters who are bosses?
i remember someone on here translated the japanese text with something like gimmicky bosses...i remember it had gimmicky in it..but..why

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
After all the teasing, I don't think Sakurai would be so twisted to cut off our wings and shatter our dreams... He wouldn't, right?

Right?
Surely he wouldn't want us to sever us from the heavens fore-
wait, wrong game.

Let's just hope a trailer comes soon
*sigh*
It's going to be a slog. I'll try to draw something every once in a while to keep people amused, like Andrea.

Pretty sure that it was a translation quirk.

Right?

Don't worry, Sakurai has told us that he doesn't like fake hype.
Wii Fit Trainer is dealing with him at the moment.
Gotta be fully prepared.
Oh so that explains why it'll be Roidley.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
i remember someone on here translated the japanese text with something like gimmicky bosses...i remember it had gimmicky in it..but..why
Hmm, could you take it as Bowsers gimmicky boss thing is being playable? I had hope cause the wording made it seem like it could imply characters like Bowser, but if it's more cut and dry in the Japanese wording my hopes may be dashed a bit. Has Sakurai straight up lied before regarding playable characters? :/ Wish he'd get to revealing whatever Ridley is already. Every pic of the day feels like it could be his deathbed.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
"Pic of the Day: Our little friend is running fast to catch up to the Legendary Starfy; he must be a fan! Why I say, it looks like with that speed he could really achieve flight."

Hi guys, new to the forums and ready to support Ridley.

At this point, Ridley not making it into the game after all the trolling and teasing, would be extremely underwhelming, so I say his inclussion as a newcomer is about 99'99%.
Should you ever need reassurance, the first and second posts on here a full of evidence. Read them if you haven't, it'll restore your hope.

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
This is basically the thing that gives me hope. The trolling with Chrom and Waluigi was nice because he didn't tease them before, but doing so with Ridley would be like a kick in the privates.
Especially considering the extent to which Ridley has been teased. There's no way that Sakurai would tease an assist/stage hazard this much when he quickly covered the other ones.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just gonna steer off topic from Ridley for a second
DAT NEW GANONDORF DESIGN, THO.
USE THAT IN SMASH, PLZ SAKURAI.
-------
In other news, I'm still laughing at that one Ridley Moveset's Side B.
Seizure. :B

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
-------
I would rather him keep his Twilight Princess design. Or change it to Wind Waker Ganondorf. Both look far better than Demisedorf IMO (who does looks cool).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I would rather him keep his Twilight Princess design. Or change it to Wind Waker Ganondorf. Both look far better than Demisedorf IMO (who does looks cool).
I'd love if Ganondorf had Super Saiyadorf as an Alt. Costume. :3
Anywho, back to Ridley.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Hyrule Warrior's Ganondorf should be an alt. That applies to every other Zelda character in the game.

Especially considering the extent to which Ridley has been teased. There's no way that Sakurai would tease an assist/stage hazard this much when he quickly covered the other ones.
Exactly. I mean, he knows how much people want Ridley. He could have kept the joke for a week or so and then reveal it as a stage boss, but keeping it for so long... It would be just wrong to do it now.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Don't worry, Sakurai has told us that he doesn't like fake hype.

Do you really believe that?

I sure don't.

EDIT: Those attatches just glitched in, don't click them. Is there a way to get rid of them? They're Pokemon type effectiveness charts...

Attachments

Last edited:

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Cant wait for nintendo to crap over metriod fans tomorrow, I wonder if a single employee will even acknowledge the franchise exists...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The way I see it, Ridley would be Dragon/Flying, which means an ice attack would likely kill him in one shot since it'd be a 4x weakness.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
You know what I've been thinking?
Alot of "Reptilian" Villians have been getting a Skeleton "Form" through the years.
Not specifically a "Form" Form, but we've seen them performing actions in a Skeletal State.
Dry Bowser (driving Motorbikes like a bawz) and Melting-In-Lava-butstillagoodguy-Crocomire (SCREEEEEEEEECH) just to name a few.
So what would Ridley look like as a Living Skeleton?
...Probably terrifying yet Badass as crap.
...Also Nightmare Fuel.
Get on it, Nintendo. Make the new 3D Metroid game have a terrifying Skeletal Ridley.
In a way skeletal Ridley has already happened; in Prime, just look at Meta-Ridley through the x-ray visor when fighting him. :troll:

They are a necessary evil. But that doesn't mean we have to run each one out by systematically attacking them for reasons that usually vary from "not seeing things from an unbiased perspective" (which they often argue we ourselves are guilty of), "getting too personally/emotionally involved" (this one is true. Video games are video games, and people who wish to rustle jimmies are going to rustle jimmies. However, that doesn't mean we should just give them the satisfaction/"prove them right" or anything. The majority of the time we resolve to be the bigger fanbase/people, fitting of our character) and being way too much of a hivemind at times (people spamming/posting the obligatory "HERE WE GO AGAIN" messages really don't help. At all.). Contrary to the last incident, we can have and frequently do have civil discussions. And if it isn't possible/some people just can't be reasoned with? Ignore/report them, and I'll see them out personally.
Ouch, the irony @ the hivemind comment. xD Ow ow ow. Srsly though people, we can all at least be better than a bunch of neutered Zebesian Pirates in the presence of detractors can't we?

As for suggestions, yeah. I believe I may be able to think of some, whether it's one of the Ridley art things I did earlier on, something creative I or someone else said, or something. Will PM them I guess when I have more time to look through the thread than I do currently.

i fear for tomorrows PotD :/ we may get info on a nintendo direct later today though. but i still fear for the worst tomorrow...who knows maybe it'll just be a pic of a metroid or something
We already got a Metroid AT revealed (again), so that would be redundant.

I doubt it. It goes against canon. And Ridley is weak to ice in SSBB (2x damage)...that doesn't matters that much, but it is still something not everyone knows...

We have spare soldiers, so, we will still be prepared for Smash 5 if it will happen. If we will be threatened to loose one of our very important comrades, then we will have to use spare parts and if we won't have any...we will use spare soldiers to fix that.
So what, he's most weak to Ice Climbers' attacks then?

Heh. Ridley will more than likely have some more new/fresh fans by then anyway. Maybe even some whose first encounter with him was in Smash 4 as a stage hazard, whom later saw potential in him to support for SSB5/6 as a character. (hey, some people's first experience with Ridley here was in Brawl, so anything's possible) Not that it'll matter if Sakurai's directing the next game anyway given that we get Stage Hazardley.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The only thing I would expect to celebrate Metroid's anniversary tomorrow would be a Metroid stage for 3DS.
This is the best-case scenario, but I'm personally not expecting anything in regards to Metroid tomorrow, last year we got a Pilotwings picture.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The only thing I would expect to celebrate Metroid's anniversary tomorrow would be a Metroid stage for 3DS.
I'd love it if they made Sector 5 from Metroid Fusion into a stage, with Nightmare as a boss hazard.

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
-------
As I said in the ganondorf topic:
Mulletdorf is a must have for an alt for Ganondorf.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
How many nickname this awesome Ganondorf design gets?
Badassdorf, Super Saiyadorf, Mulletdorf, Thunder Ca-Imean Dorf, and other things.
But this is a Ridley Thread, so let's get back to Ridley.

...Afterasong
This song is now engraved into your mind.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Badassdorf, Super Saiyadorf, Mulletdorf, Thunder Ca-Imean Dorf, and other things.

...Afterasong
I was talking about this song and one of my friend was annoyed...
then when he saw the video and heard the full song he developed a fascination for the group that sing it.

Now I'm the one who's annoyed.

But I'm going off topic...

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
As though it weren't already. I can actually sing all the Engilsh lyrics (the song was officially translated). Stupid earworm.

I'm still not sure about Ridley's Final Smash. I'm not positive that I'm a huge fan of either idea presented thus far.

Also, we need more Little Birdley vs Assist Trophies.

Last edited:
It's weird thinking thay ridley is almost upon us. It always seemd like something that would eventually happen one day. But now it's almost here! Feels weird man

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It'd be cool to see another Metroid Stage. And chances are we're likely to have one new one on the 3DS. If I had to guess, it'll either be Metroid Fusion or Metroid Prime Hunters.

As for Ridley, I don't see him getting confirmed before release unless we had a another Smash Direct. Even if he's just a stage hazard/boss, they'd likely show it off in that way too, given all the hints and build up.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

...Afterasong
This versions better..

But on the subject of barrel rolls (yes keeping it relevant), I wonder what Ridley's air dodges will be like, and if he'll get a recovery like meta knight, though meta knight won't be as big as Ridley which is why I don't see it happening

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Another point against the stage boss thing that I haven't heard brought up yet:

Stage Boss Ridley would have been revealed already. Not just to stop fake hype (though that is certainly the reason), but because he is nothing new. We've seen boss Ridley before. We've fought him before. Implementing him on a new stage is nothing revolutionary. If he were to be another boss, we would likely just have gotten a Pic of the Day of him. Likely in his Other M form.

"Ridley may have been defeated in Brawl, but his clone is here to pick up the slack!"

Or something like that. There's no reason to TEASE something that we would have already seen fully functional.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Have any of you guys thought about how sad it will be when Ridley becomes finally a playable character? I mean, yes, we'll get what we want, but all the Ridley jokes will disappear, and we'll have to look for another unlikely, allegedly too big character to fight for their appearance in the next Smash.

Another point against the stage boss thing that I haven't heard brought up yet:

Stage Boss Ridley would have been revealed already. Not just to stop fake hype (though that is certainly the reason), but because he is nothing new. We've seen boss Ridley before. We've fought him before. Implementing him on a new stage is nothing revolutionary. If he were to be another boss, we would likely just have gotten a Pic of the Day of him. Likely in his Other M form.

"Ridley may have been defeated in Brawl, but his clone is here to pick up the slack!"

Or something like that. There's no reason to TEASE something that we would have already seen fully functional.
Too many things against him being a boss. Too many things.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
What if Ridleys final smash is like a transformation one? Like he becomes meta ridley or omega ridley or something along those lines.

Top Bottom