• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oooooo

That's a new one.

Ridley x Captain Falcon?

My shippings will never die!

Never gets old.

Never.

:awesome:
Then Captain Falcon will have to replace "Falcon" in his name and names of his attacks with either "Dragon" or "Ridley". But C.Falcon is too manly for Ridley, who is a bit manly, but not enough for C.Falcon.
C.Falcon X Ganondorf would be better...

Anygrannydorf, no news for Ridley?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oooooo

That's a new one.

Ridley x Captain Falcon?

My shippings will never die!

Never gets old.

Never.

:awesome:

Inb4 @ AndreaAC AndreaAC 's impending rage. :troll:

I don't mean to push her back into a negative mood swing though, this ^ is always just a stupid joke of mine

Why soulless? WHY?!

Oh well.....gotta go....! I need to continue working on the Ridley coaster! MAYBE I will post some pics of the progress...

BYE

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i fear for tomorrows PotD :/ we may get info on a nintendo direct later today though. but i still fear for the worst tomorrow...who knows maybe it'll just be a pic of a metroid or something
wait, why?

why fear a pic of the day?

if ridley was gonna be in one, he would've been in one by now.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I've been up all night. My mind trying to think of a bunch of cool intros for Ridley...Now. I'm about to pass out at 10:16 AM, but I must power through. For the sake of the Ridley hype train I cannot fall asleep just yet. Tomorrow is a very special day. I hope for something to happen.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
eh, you'd never know what sakurai will do to celebrate metroid anniversary
If Sakurai dis-confirms Ridley in this last month, and specifically on a Metroid Anniversary day, then that's pretty much a sadistic and uncalled for thing of him to do (especially when he had plenty of chances to do so between August 2013 and E3 2014). I'd lose tonnes of whatever respect I have left for him =/

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
What if he was waiting for August 15th to reveal Ridley...AS A BOSS!
[Dun dun du[barf at the terrible idea.]]
If Ridley is revealed at any time, it'd be tomorrow.
Either way, he's still more likely to be playable than a boss.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
"Pic of the Day: Our little friend is running fast to catch up to the Legendary Starfy; he must be a fan! Why I say, it looks like with that speed he could really achieve flight."

Aha. We have our reveal countdown. Once Little Birdley does this to every Assist Trophy, we'll have our reveal. Get to it, guys!

Also, I kind of want Sakurai to put up a Pic of the Day with stage-boss Ridley as a "disconfirm"... But on the same day, he puts Ridley's video and newcomer page on the main site. :)

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley is revealed at any time, it'd be tomorrow.
Either way, he's still more likely to be playable than a boss.
so of all the times for ridley to be revealed, it would be tomorrow?

why is that?

am i missing something? :confused:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What if he was waiting for August 15th to reveal Ridley...AS A BOSS!
[Dun dun du[barf at the terrible idea.]]
"Today is *insert name of that game*'s Anniversary and what could be better than to reveal Ridley as a *LE GASP!* BOSS! That's right, he is ONCE AGAIN a boss, but 70% MORE ANNOYING! Are you exited?! ARE YOU?! THAT IS SO TOTALY NEW AND WORTH SHOWING ON A SPECIAL DAY! W00T!"
...i doubt that will happen.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
"Today is *insert name of that game*'s Anniversary and what could be better than to reveal Ridley as a *LE GASP!* BOSS! That's right, he is ONCE AGAIN a boss, but 70% MORE ANNOYING! Are you exited?! ARE YOU?! THAT IS SO TOTALY NEW AND WORTH SHOWING ON A SPECIAL DAY! W00T!"
...i doubt that will happen.
I know. That's why there's a barf in there.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I know. That's why there's a barf in there.
And that is why we shouldn't worry much about it happening. Or maybe even just Ridley becoming a boss again after 1 year of not confirming his status. That whole situation makes me wanna...put what i have been eating today on a floor...

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
But what if Ridley was an item?

Wind-Up Ridley confirmed.

Actually, this wouldn't be too bad of an idea, maybe better suited for an Assist Trophy. Sakurai could have some fun with this in PotDs until RIdley is revealed playable (saying that Wind-Up Ridley is an assist trophy). Can you imagine how much that would mess with people?

Don't say anything about Sakurai saying the name Ridley, because

and we still got Palutena. It's overall still a separate character, just like Wind-Up Ridley.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
you guys think ridley will have ice moves like ice ridley does? perhaps that could be one of his hidden special moves

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Wind-Up Ridley confirmed.

Actually, this wouldn't be too bad of an idea, maybe better suited for an Assist Trophy. Sakurai could have some fun with this in PotDs until RIdley is revealed playable (saying that Wind-Up Ridley is an assist trophy). Can you imagine how much that would mess with people?

.[/spoiler]
My little brother only knows Ridley from Nintendo Land. So whenever we talk about characters we want, he thinks I'm talking about Nintendo Land Ridley.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
you guys think ridley will have ice moves like ice ridley does? perhaps that could be one of his hidden special moves
I doubt it. It goes against canon. And Ridley is weak to ice in SSBB (2x damage)...that doesn't matters that much, but it is still something not everyone knows...
We're on top of a very high ladder that, once and if it falls, is probably going to break our spines on impact.
We have spare soldiers, so, we will still be prepared for Smash 5 if it will happen. If we will be threatened to loose one of our very important comrades, then we will have to use spare parts and if we won't have any...we will use spare soldiers to fix that.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
ridleys family was killed by samus, samus is the villian, ridley is the true hero
Where's the proof that Ridley didn't have a valid reason to kill her parents? What if they wronged Ridley in some way. You don't know his life.

EDIT: Read that wrong, oops. My point still stands for people who argue against you saying Ridley is the villain.

My little brother only knows Ridley from Nintendo Land. So whenever we talk about characters we want, he thinks I'm talking about Nintendo Land Ridley.
Oh wow, that must be tough when talking about Ridley. Good luck. My little brothers only know him from Brawl, so I guess I have it easier?

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Where's the proof that Ridley didn't have a valid reason to kill her parents? What if they wronged Ridley in some way. You don't know his life.

EDIT: Read that wrong, oops. My point still stands for people who argue against you saying Ridley is the villain.
what if samus' parents were supreme overlords trying to use the energy they were mining to take over the universe. ridley had to kill them in order to save everyone.

I doubt it. It goes against canon. And Ridley is weak to ice in SSBB (2x damage)...that doesn't matters that much, but it is still something not everyone knows...
you have a point, but characters in smash use moves that they dont use in their games like Ness' psi fire or Robins Nosferatu

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I'm not too familiar with it, but I'm pretty sure the only reason Ridley was super weak to ice (correct me if there's something in the main Metroids that contradicts this) is because of Pokemon Trainer. Wasn't he the reason type effectiveness was brought in to Smash? Well, if Ridley were a Pokemon, he'd be a dragon type Pokemon.

Dragon type Pokemon are weak to ice. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, I'm not too familiar with Smash's type-effectiveness (and if it's been here all along).

Last edited:

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too familiar with it, but I'm pretty sure the only reason was super weak to ice (correct me if there's something in the main Metroids that contradicts this) is because of Pokemon Trainer. Wasn't he the reason type effectiveness was brought in to Smash? Well, if Ridley were a Pokemon, he'd be a dragon type Pokemon.

Dragon type Pokemon are weak to ice. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, I'm not too familiar with Smash's type-effectiveness (and if it's been here all along).
Well.. it would really be up to the creators. He very well could be a daul type with no dragon attributes attatched only recieving dragon moves. He could be a dark flying or a dark fire or some other combination that isn't dragon.

Edit: Oh you guys are talking about brawl ridley.. well I still like the idea of ridley as a pokemon anyway

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Guys look a trailer has to come along with ridley since sakurai knows that's gonna build so much hype

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Alright, I have a question. Are any of you Ridley supporters partial to Isabelle? As in, would you be rather upset if you'd see her but kind of the opposite of cheerful and alive while being consumed by what seems to be a carnivorous chick?

Ridley doesn't eat breadcrumbs, ignorant wench.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I have a question. Are any of you Ridley supporters partial to Isabelle? As in, would you be rather upset if you'd see her but kind of the opposite of cheerful and alive while being consumed by what seems to be a carnivorous chick?

Ridley doesn't eat breadcrumbs, ignorant wench.
not to worry..there are many more clones of her

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Hi guys, new to the forums and ready to support Ridley.

At this point, Ridley not making it into the game after all the trolling and teasing, would be extremely underwhelming, so I say his inclussion as a newcomer is about 99'99%.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Hi guys, new to the forums and ready to support Ridley.

At this point, Ridley not making it into the game after all the trolling and teasing, would be extremely underwhelming, so I say his inclussion as a newcomer is about 99'99%.
You're fine, and Ridley is in, as long as you never ever DRINK THE WATER.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
"Pic of the Day: Our little friend is running fast to catch up to the Legendary Starfy; he must be a fan! Why I say, it looks like with that speed he could really achieve flight."
Well, since one of my most wanted characters (Lip) might potentially become an Assist Trophy, I'll just say that YOU'RE PLAYING WITH FIRE...

Top Bottom