• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Looks like we didn't even get a veteran reveal today =/

Hope there's another direct or at least a video reveal like they did with Robin and Lucina this month

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ik not to challenge a mod (from past expirences on other fourms) but its kinda hard when theres 1402 pages
That's just it, that doubles as a reason not to let the thread go down the drain now after all this time. I get that people think of this as their "home" and often bring their work/discussion from other threads here without any actual malicious intent, but as I've repeated several times by now, the levels of activity this thread sees on a daily basis makes it prone to tons of spam/derailment, which adds to the "This thread's not worth saving" motion. Making a new thread now (or if it really got that bad, outlawing Ridley threads) with so little time left until launch/the actual roster gets leaked is terribly redundant. Just go post in the Social if you all feel the need to post random stuff. There's still positive/actually good discussions to be had despite us having covered everything about everything at least twice by now.

I sure am glad it wasn't an a** whooping you were bringing when I saw you in my notifs.

None the less I'm really excited to see what this new renovation is.
You'd actually be surprised how many times I came close to "accidentally" blowing up the thread. Finally made a breakthrough, at least.

Hey why not wolf I he should stay since he's the only villain so far in smash bros star fox side
As I said above, I get people feel opinionated on certain matters that seem to barely relate to Ridley (other "villains" being in the same boat, which is grasping at straws IMO), but this isn't the thread to question them on their hypothetical ideas not pertaining to Ridley.

/obviouslynotaStarFoxorKrystalfangirl Wolf's alright, too. Why not both?

Zynux

Smash Lord
None the less I'm really excited to see what this new renovation is.
Honestly, from my perspective part of the problem (besides people just posting/spamming gifs just for the sake of doing so) is that there seems to be so few mods able to keep up with this thread now. With large threads like these, discussion sometimes going off-topic is unavoidable and expected. However, you can curb-stop such shenanigans quickly if multiple mods constantly keep up with the thread. The problem is, by the time a moderator comes to stop some off-topic stuff, pages have of off-topicness has already gone by. When an issue is being resolved, I only ever see IsmaR addressing these issues; everyone else seems AWOL in this thread compared to months ago.

Doesn't help the fact that when things go clearly off-topic, I feel that more often then not it's swept under the rug because "oh those ridlay peeps! Thay cray-zay!"

So, in essence, I kind of feel that this thread doesn't get nearly as much modding as it used to for some reason. Partially why I appreciate IsmaR's modding so much despite the crazy traffic this thread gets, especially the amount of pages you have to read if you even miss a day. However, one mod even if she does have Ridley's favoritism can't do it alone.

Of course, this is just my (most likely) ignorant perspective. While this thread was always somewhat of a loose cannon, it didn't seem even get that bad until a few weeks ago IMO. The only time possibly worst was pre-1000 pages, but that was only because people were spamming just to get to 1,000 pages (and promptly weakening the impactful milestone of actually getting 1,000 pages).

This is why I actually love it when Detractors appear; they immediately bring the topic on-rails again. :yeahboi:

I don't know what to think of this...

I sincerely hope we get some Ridley info soon: it's clear people are getting stir crazy, and we need something relevant to discuss :/
No, we don't always need to discuss Ridley. If there's nothing new that pertains to Ridley discussion, then don't post. The problem is, some people just seem to post just for the sake of posting even though they have nothing new to contribute to the discussion (But that's a problem with a lot of threads here; it isn't exclusive to this one).

---------

...Are you sure these sizes are too scale? They seem to be widely inaccurate to me (especially Meta-Ridley/Other M Ridley). Or maybe having all those CG portraits together like that is throwing my perspective off?

Also, personally, I find the Ridley at the end to be too small. Though I guess it's because I've always felt that a playable Ridley should be similar to Super Metroid Ridley size (but a tad smaller).

Before watching the Hyrule Warriors Direct, I have to say that I doubted Ridley's vague labeling as a "boss character" before in the past. But now? I find it interesting that Zant was called the exact same thing in the Direct, and yet was shown to be a playable character.

I still don't consider it evidence for his inclusion, but I don't think it's so much straw-grasping like I thought before in the past.
This is a solid point. Who knows? Maybe the belief that Ridley will play both roles (Playable and Boss), a notion that I often rejected, may hold some merit in the end. Not counting on it, though.

Looks like we didn't even get a veteran reveal today =/

Hope there's another direct or at least a video reveal like they did with Robin and Lucina this month
Haha, looks like you posted in the wrong thread there bud.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Haha, looks like you posted in the wrong thread.
Double checked this is the Ridley one

The Nintendo direct for Hyrule warriors is the only one officially announced which would have been the perfect time for a villains trailer people keep saying should happen, plus it being the month of the original Metroid's release in Japan and it being nearly a year since the pyrosphere picture on Miiverse makes sense that Ridley would have been in if he was playable. There's still a few newcomer reveal trailers left and I don't see where else they would show them.

Since you seem so smart, when and where would be the best place to reveal Ridley? (and don't say after the Japanese launch)

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine

The Nintendo direct for Hyrule warriors is the only one officially announced which would have been the perfect time for a villains trailer people keep saying should happen, plus it being the month of the original Metroid's release in Japan and it being nearly a year since the pyrosphere picture on Miiverse makes sense that Ridley would have been in if he was playable. There's still a few newcomer reveal trailers left and I don't see where else they would show them.

Since you seem so smart, when and where would be the best place to reveal Ridley? (and don't say after the Japanese launch)
Best place I suppose mean when also we really probally only have 2 trailers for newcomers left but to awnser your question gamescom since Nintendo will be there.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Almost thought I lost this post to the dreaded Maintenance, my menace to late-night posting.

Your post seemed incredibly off-topic, one more fitting to the Official Character discussion. However, if your post was in context with the Hyrule Warriors direct didn't have a Smash character reveal (in anticipation/lookout for a possible Ridley reveal, specifically, but didn't happen) then I do apologize; I should have caught the context of the post.

---

With that said, it's completely up in the air whether Metroid's anniversary will hold any effect on a possible Ridley reveal. Anniversaries, overall, have been very unreliable for prediction and thus I do not particularity see Ridley being any more likely this month then prior. Doesn't mean the possibility isn't there, though.

Now, assuming Ridley is playable, I believe that it is possible we could get more info/direct about Smash Bros. for the final stretch to hype of the launch of the 3DS release (like the GamesCom tournament). This in turn could mean more newcomer trailers. However, it's also possible that Ridley could be kept hidden after release. If that's so, then we may not find out his fate until the release of the 3DS version, since both games have the same roster.

Now, assuming Ridley isn't playable, then we may not see Ridley until Nintendo feels the need to hype up the Wii U version, as presumably Ridley is only exclusive to the Wii U version (this, of course, assumes that Pyrosphere Stage will not appear on the 3DS). They may do this when they feel the need to show off Ridley and other exclusive modes/content for the Wii U in order to differentiate it from the 3DS one (and bring hype). As of yet, the Yellow Devil is still the only "Boss hazard" that we've seen confirmed to fill in this special role. Twinrova, Dark Emperor, and Ridley have yet to be confirmed whether they are Bosses or just hazards (to my understanding, anyway). I have a hunch that when the time comes (after the 3DS release), Sakurai may finally spread some more light on the Boss mechanic.***

***I know you said "don't say after the 3DS verison", but I find the possibility of this happening to be very high (but only if he's not playable).

to awnser your question gamescom since Nintendo will be there.
I wonder how big this will be (enough to warrant new info/character reveals or not)? It seems that winners can win both 3DS and Wii U versions of the game (this is incorrect, I miss understood. Only the commentators chosen will get this reward), thus I would assume it's going to be bigger then at least the 3DS version. And will they reuse the same Demos copies? If so, then no Pyrosphere again, and we'll be left in the dark again.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So anyway. About Ridley, do you think it would be bad on sakurai to not have some BIG trailer for him?

I personally think it'd be pretty anti climactic just finding out about him through some September leak, and his trailer looks so magnificent in my eyes.
I've been considering a lot of teases theory so I will retract on saying that they all will be revealed before release.

This case however, I do see it. He has the trophy theory and the infamous shadow; it has to be big.

If the purpose of teasing was to make supporters react and make them hype and to mind blown everyone else...

Why he won't blows everyone's mind at the same time?

Doesn't make sense for me.

The other one I think is before release is Paper Mario because you would have to reveal a WiiU stage in the trailer and it means before release.

Honestly, Ridley is actually the most likely to get revealed before release. I just want to know very badly the date.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I can't stand these stupid pictures of the day with these stupid ****ing items that I'm going to ****img turn off regardless. Show us some ****ing characters, a Clefairy alt or ****ing Ridley already godd.

I'm being a spoiled brat right now but I know all of you feel like this. XD

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Honestly, from my perspective part of the problem (besides people just posting/spamming gifs just for the sake of doing so) is that there seems to be so few mods able to keep up with this thread now. With large threads like these, discussion sometimes going off-topic is unavoidable and expected. However, you can curb-stop such shenanigans quickly if multiple mods constantly keep up with the thread. The problem is, by the time a moderator comes to stop some off-topic stuff, pages have of off-topicness has already gone by. When an issue is being resolved, I only ever see IsmaR addressing these issues; everyone else seems AWOL in this thread compared to months ago.

Doesn't help the fact that when things go clearly off-topic, I feel that more often then not it's swept under the rug because "oh those ridlay peeps! Thay cray-zay!"

So, in essence, I kind of feel that this thread doesn't get nearly as much modding as it used to for some reason. Partially why I appreciate IsmaR's modding so much despite the crazy traffic this thread gets, especially the amount of pages you have to read if you even miss a day. However, one mod even if she does have Ridley's favoritism can't do it alone.

Of course, this is just my (most likely) ignorant perspective. While this thread was always somewhat of a loose cannon, it didn't seem even get that bad until a few weeks ago IMO. The only time possibly worst was pre-1000 pages, but that was only because people were spamming just to get to 1,000 pages (and promptly weakening the impactful milestone of actually getting 1,000 pages).
While it seems that way mostly because I'm the only one crazy enough to read through every single reply every single day, I can assure you it's not a one-woman effort (which wouldn't be a bad thing anyway, unless Samus is doing it wrong). While the majority of mods don't post here very often, there's usually at least a few at any given time that patrol while I'm not here. Granted most of them leave things up to my jurisdiction (not to say they won't clean up any obvious troll/flamebaiting), hence the off-topic/spam clean-up most often being carried out by myself, they'll respond much faster than I to any reports and general ****-hitting-the-fan incidents. If you wish to help alleviate these issues from occurring so often, I'd suggest using the report feature for just about anything. Flaming, trolling, spam, off-topic/derailment, etc. Believe me that I'm not the only one who cares for this thread/fanbase.

This is why I actually love it when Detractors appear; they immediately bring the topic on-rails again. :yeahboi:
They are a necessary evil. But that doesn't mean we have to run each one out by systematically attacking them for reasons that usually vary from "not seeing things from an unbiased perspective" (which they often argue we ourselves are guilty of), "getting too personally/emotionally involved" (this one is true. Video games are video games, and people who wish to rustle jimmies are going to rustle jimmies. However, that doesn't mean we should just give them the satisfaction/"prove them right" or anything. The majority of the time we resolve to be the bigger fanbase/people, fitting of our character) and being way too much of a hivemind at times (people spamming/posting the obligatory "HERE WE GO AGAIN" messages really don't help. At all.). Contrary to the last incident, we can have and frequently do have civil discussions. And if it isn't possible/some people just can't be reasoned with? Ignore/report them, and I'll see them out personally.

Relax, 'mate. I think he was just referring to the fact that not every single PotD has to do with Ridley, and as such doesn't have to be brought up here.

I can't stand these stupid pictures of the day with these stupid ****ing items that I'm going to ****img turn off regardless. Show us some ****ing characters, a Clefairy alt or ****ing Ridley already godd.

We've made it through over a year of filler and disappointment. It's just a little bit longer now.

-

Status update: Laying out most of the groundwork for the post, but it'll likely take me longer than expected to finish, on account of working overtime all this week (12 hours not counting the 4-5 of sleep I get). If anyone would like to help make suggestions, contribute things like fanart/'fics/arguments/supporter's lists or just anything they'd like to see, feel free to PM me or quote me here. I'm still working out how I'm going to archive the original post and coordinate with the 2nd post to fit as much as I can.

Some ideas I've already come up with are using bits of/linking to @ Phaazoid Phaazoid 's analysis from the WiR, digging up a few of the more interesting movesets that have been posted here, touching base on things like a history section (high/low points in speculation, etc.).

And of course size comparisons ranging from actually being too small/big to making so much sense it hurts, why people think so, etc..

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Do you honestly think that with how much tease he has he would tell that he's playable in POTD?

In fact, if I were you, I would NOT hope that it would be show in POTD because it can only be a deconfirmation and destroy any teases (which let's be honest, is stupid).

It's like me if we get any Paper Mario info, that's VERY bad.

So, let us keep in the ignorance for Ridley!

In all seriousness, that's the worst thing to happen to be on POTD and it would be even worse than the implementation of SSE which was VERY questionable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey guys I finally came back from Ridl-...

-eeeEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGH!
Called it.

Why are we talking about Ridley's hair? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqIngh_-_A suddenly seems able to be sung by Ridley (Mild cursing)

I don't want a Ridley trailer anymore, I want Sakurai do this: First of all, let me talk about boss hazards.*shows and talks about a bunch of 'em* And now we have Pyrosphere the boss of this stage is...*smash logo quickly appears and next scene is Ridley roaring at other playable characters* Not Ridley, I decided to make him playable as Samus felt lonely being her only other representive, well, maybe she won't be happy Ridley will join the battle, but I am sure others will be. The boss is Vorash/that crab thing by the way

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Do you honestly think that with how much tease he has he would tell that he's playable in POTD?

In fact, if I were you, I would NOT hope that it would be show in POTD because it can only be a deconfirmation and destroy any teases (which let's be honest, is stupid).

It's like me if we get any Paper Mario info, that's VERY bad.

So, let us keep in the ignorance for Ridley!

In all seriousness, that's the worst thing to happen to be on POTD and it would be even worse than the implementation of SSE which was VERY questionable.
My heart man, the suspense is killing me dawg.

And my brawl mains haven't even been confirmed yet.

I need my jiggs dawg, as well as an air based Ridley @ IsmaR IsmaR :( :( :(.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Relax, 'mate. I think he was just referring to the fact that not every single PotD has to do with Ridley, and as such doesn't have to be brought up here.
All I was saying is it seemed a bit anti-climatic, not saying it had to be Ridley or Metroid related just, after the Zelda Direct it might have been a smart move to post something even Zelda related which didn't happen, so if that can happen what are the chances of getting anything Metroid related this month? Seem slimmer in my books at least

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
My heart man, the suspense is killing me dawg.

And my brawl mains haven't even been confirmed yet.

I need my jiggs dawg, as well as an air based Ridley @ IsmaR IsmaR :( :( :(.
I don't think there's suspense tough. This tease is way too obvious to "just happen". Some others are quite well hidden (so far, I think mine could surprise a lot of people based on this forum because of this) and some are just well coded for the target to fool most people.

Here, it's the most crypted one. What proves this is that out of all tease that could happen, this one is THE one that required the most work, investigation and research BY FAR to grasp it. I even think it became to be almost insanity because for a full month (so, around the time of my first outdated essay), you couldn't have a page here without shadow analysis. The haters coming here to even incite us to deny the tease (they clearly didn't get that for them, denying the tease is the point of it), it just made things a lot harder. I had to wait a month because I repeated the quote argument 5 times and I got tired of it because calling any supporter "delusional" is indirectly like saying this in front of me. If I can even prove that the odds of the opposite of the position I'm advocating is 50%, there's no reasons to use this word. I was honestly very impressed how far this shadow investigation got after all this. The simple fact of me running out of theory for devil advocate is the result of this effort and practically convinced me that he's 99% playable. That and my case.

That's why it's almost insanity. To go that far and literally invert the speculation logic from a 1% chance is phenomenal. Even myself tough deconfirmed on first watch, but because of the shadow, I had to rewatch and indeed, it was suspicious. I never tough it was that much to not doubt the complete opposite. It was so much that supporters left; It's a clear proof it was targeting the most determinate one.

It turns out I'm very persistent. One time, I spent a full week playing TTYD from start to finish on emulator with the speed being from 30 fps (worst: 15 for around an hour) to 40 fps while the game runs natively at 60 fps all the time (which means it was slow all the time and I couldn't use any cheats). That was only to gather saves to go at any point in the game for testing purposes and I have on my dropbox 130 saves. I had to take a break of glitch hunting the week after because I was just exhausted, but those probably saved hundreds of hours in the end (I had to do a chapter that takes an hour and a half at least 5 times before I got the saves).

And my support here along with my thread is quite obvious. That really shows how tough you need to be to handle this.

However, with how long this post became, I need to tell that this tease was genius.

Here's how I see this tease: a tribute. To purposely provide heavy crypted material where the cover said "boss character" is the best tribute to the fanbase because of what Sakurai want them to do. The tease had in mind to prompt the target to go trough the trouble of decrypting the whole thing while having a doubt feel. Because of how deep the crypting was, it acted like a filter that only the one that are very persistent and are the most determinate supporters of Ridley would even have a chance to go trough all if this without even giving up. Since it was the case for a lot of people, it put this in evidence and even became to spread on the whole internet. It became to be known and in the end, we are just so happy to even pass this seemingly impassible barrier that it became memorable and something no one will forget.

The true goal of Sakurai was that we would still support after all of this and it would show to everyone how much we want him to be playable so badly to even decrypt this and with a motivation loss at a starting point.

That's why I loved this tease. By doing this, everyone knows how persistent this thread is. It proved how tough Ridley fanbase is and that was just to end it with what we would desire the most to finally make this history...

Him being confirmed playable.

This is why I don't doubt him now. Sakurai made it clear that this tease can only be decrypted by a group of people that particularly want their most wanted and he just wanted to acknowledge the fans publicly by doing a nice introduction to the fans who wanted him.

I realised how long and good this post became, but I like to explains the deepest way possible.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
I'd find it hilarious if after all this tease, he just flat out dryly reveals him through a PotD.
"Picture of the Day! You probably recognize this dragon, don't you? He's been a boss in nearly all of the games in his home franchise."
"Extra Picture: Oh right, almost forgot. He's playable too."

Zynux

Smash Lord
I just realized: if you are caught in the beetle item, it's a KO, right? The sight of Ridley being whisked away by a teensy beetle would be an amusing site to behold~

:nifty:

---

While it seems that way mostly because I'm the only one crazy enough to read through every single reply every single day, I can assure you it's not a one-woman effort (which wouldn't be a bad thing anyway, unless Samus is doing it wrong). While the majority of mods don't post here very often, there's usually at least a few at any given time that patrol while I'm not here. Granted most of them leave things up to my jurisdiction (not to say they won't clean up any obvious troll/flamebaiting), hence the off-topic/spam clean-up most often being carried out by myself, they'll respond much faster than I to any reports and general ****-hitting-the-fan incidents. If you wish to help alleviate these issues from occurring so often, I'd suggest using the report feature for just about anything. Flaming, trolling, spam, off-topic/derailment, etc. Believe me that I'm not the only one who cares for this thread/fanbase.
I see; thanks for the clarification.

They are a necessary evil. But that doesn't mean we have to run each one out by systematically attacking them for reasons that usually vary from "not seeing things from an unbiased perspective" (which they often argue we ourselves are guilty of), "getting too personally/emotionally involved" (this one is true. Video games are video games, and people who wish to rustle jimmies are going to rustle jimmies. However, that doesn't mean we should just give them the satisfaction/"prove them right" or anything. The majority of the time we resolve to be the bigger fanbase/people, fitting of our character) and being way too much of a hivemind at times (people spamming/posting the obligatory "HERE WE GO AGAIN" messages really don't help. At all.). Contrary to the last incident, we can have and frequently do have civil discussions. And if it isn't possible/some people just can't be reasoned with? Ignore/report them, and I'll see them out personally.
Detractors truly haven't bothered me at all lately, and often times my irritation with how sometimes arguments are conducted here are distributed to both sides.

While sometimes naturally some detractors are combative, I think some us are too. We react too defensively to dissenting opinions sometimes, and as you said like a hivemind we will often resort to calling them "trolls" or "here we go again" and brush them aside, regardless of whether they were actually flamebaiting or trying to legitimately discuss.

Kind of why I partially believe the label "Support" threads kind of skew the perception of what can be discussed here for some people. I've heard many of times of "why are you posting here if you don't want Ridley?" This always confused me because, to my understanding, this place is just to discuss Ridley for Smash 4. We all want Ridley, but we can't just attack dissenting opinion and arguments just because we don't like them, as it's technically on topic and viable for discussion, even to those who don't support Ridley.

But what if Ridley was an item? Specifically, an item where he'd swoop in to raid Clefairies onto the field, would you turn on items then :denzel:?

EDIT: Earlier, I confused Clefairy with Chansey :facepalm:. Damn, been a while since I played Pokemon

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just realized: if you are caught in the beetle item, it's a KO, right? The sight of Ridley being whisked by a teensy beetle would be an amusing site to behold~
Its confirmed you can wiggle out of it like a grab, and seeing as how sweet it would be if Ridley has air grabs, that could mean that the beetle forshadowed Ridley, although this is 100% pulled out my buttocks about how it could hint at air grabs

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
I'd find it hilarious if after all this tease, he just flat out dryly reveals him through a PotD.
"Picture of the Day! You probably recognize this dragon, don't you? He's been a boss in nearly all of the games in his home franchise."
"Extra Picture: Oh right, almost forgot. He's playable too."
I still like this idea a lot.

First Post: Pic of an enormous Ridley on Pyrosphere, posed like a boss fighting Samus
Caption: "Metroid's main villain and leader of the Space Pirates, Ridley joins the battle as a stage boss on Pyrosphere, just like in Metroid: Other M! We know he has lots of fans, but unfortunately he's just too large to be a fighter."

Second Post: Pic of a playable sized Ridley crouched down and looking at a Super Mushroom on the ground
Caption: "Just kidding, Ridley joins the battle as his own character! By the way, Ridley was under the effects of a Super Mushroom in the first pic."

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
We need an obligatory Mega mushroom on Samus and Poison muchroom on Ridley pic when he gets confirmed
Yesss. All three fighters poison mushroom'd, fighting in the air around him while he prepares an attack of his own.
"Picture of the Day: Ridley appears on Pyrosphere! He seems too big for a boss, doesn't he? That's because he is under the effects of a Mushroom! Everyone say hello to our newest roster addition!"

Second picture would just have "[laughs]" as subtext.

Last edited:

Malle

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why people expected sm4sh info from that direct.

Silly imo.

If we don't get Ridley info on the 20'th(or some other Nintendo announced august direct), we won't before the game comes out. That's my thoughts.
Why not, isn't Other M's anniversary the 31th?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
August 16th or bust.

If Ridley gets revealed on August 16 I may explode.

And of course size comparisons ranging from actually being too small/big to making so much sense it hurts, why people think so, etc..
So, um, is that all size comparisons that have been made here? Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, this is a serious question.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Im sure there will be a launch direct for the japanese release. Can't see another full fledged Smash direct before it though. Im going with another character video for this month and an actual direct on launch week.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
:nifty:
But what if Ridley was an item? Specifically, an item where he'd swoop in to raid Clefairies onto the field, would you turn on items then :denzel:?

EDIT: Earlier, I confused Clefairy with Chansey :facepalm:. Damn, been a while since I played Pokemon
Oh you sly little thing you :awesome:

No comment.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea sakurai said nothing about a video or another smash direct tomorrow

So i think ridley will have to wait for some other day in august.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Need any more Ridley supporters around here? I'll gladly join your army of space-dragon-worshippers.

At this point I'm almost 100% convinced Ridley will make it into the roster, considering all the teasing and mystery surrounding him, so hopefully I won't be disappointed...

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Need any more Ridley supporters around here? I'll gladly join your army of space-dragon-worshippers.

At this point I'm almost 100% convinced Ridley will make it into the roster, considering all the teasing and mystery surrounding him, so hopefully I won't be disappointed...
We always need more supporters. Welcome!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Glourious day, the almighty Captain Falcon approves of Ridley, is this because Samus broke up?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Glourious day, the almighty Captain Falcon approves of Ridley, is this because Samus broke up?
Yeah, maybe being friends with Samus' nemesis will make her jealous... Also perhaps I could ride him instead of the Blue Falcon. It would look a lot more badass.

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
"Pic of the Day: Our little friend is running fast to catch up to the Legendary Starfy; he must be a fan! Why I say, it looks like with that speed he could really achieve flight."

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
i fear for tomorrows PotD :/ we may get info on a nintendo direct later today though. but i still fear for the worst tomorrow...who knows maybe it'll just be a pic of a metroid or something

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
"Pic of the Day: Our little friend is running fast to catch up to the Legendary Starfy; he must be a fan! Why I say, it looks like with that speed he could really achieve flight."

Can't wait for other images like that. Would like to see Toad, but he isn't an assist trophy and it is kinda offensive to Toad supporte- wait...i don't think that matters since you make such images...Anyway, Dark Samus, Metroid and Mother Brain are ATs too...so...what will happen then?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Ahahahah! Feed, Ridley, feed! You apex predator, you! First the small morsels, oh yes, then the big prey...

EDIT: you are tickling my drawing-bone

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, maybe being friends with Samus' nemesis will make her jealous... Also perhaps I could ride him instead of the Blue Falcon. It would look a lot more badass.
Oooooo

That's a new one.

Ridley x Captain Falcon?

My shippings will never die!

Never gets old.

Never.

:awesome:

Inb4 @AndreaAC 's impending rage. :troll:

I don't mean to push her back into a negative mood swing though, this ^ is always just a stupid joke of mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom