• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
We are saving those detractors for Ridley nuke. At least we can promptly shoot you, then ressurect/rebuild with a cyber-toaster arm and laser eyes so you could continue doing that until we will get tired or we will ran out of resources to rebuild you. But since our science team has vapour for brains, that toaster arm will most likely explode while you are toasting toasts.

...how can he have hair on a skull? Wouldn't they fall off each time he turns his head or just moves it?
You don't understand, IT'S INGRAINED INTO HIS SKULL! HE WILL NEVER LOSE HIS AFRO! NOT UNTIL HE SEES LABOON AGAIN! THE FRIEND HE LEFT BEHIND!

COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
We are saving those detractors for Ridley nuke. At least we can promptly shoot you, then ressurect/rebuild with a cyber-toaster arm and laser eyes so you could continue doing that until we will get tired or we will ran out of resources to rebuild you. But since our science team has vapour for brains, that toaster arm will most likely explode while you are toasting toasts.

...how can he have hair on a skull? Wouldn't they fall off each time he turns his head or just moves it? That goes against all laws of...eh, whatever then...
It's ok, Bagan. Just don't question One Piece logic. Ever.

Side note: Get all the One Piece outta here. Unless Ridley has appeared in it and it improves his chances in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You don't understand, IT'S INGRAINED INTO HIS SKULL! HE WILL NEVER LOSE HIS AFRO! NOT UNTIL HE SEES LABOON AGAIN! THE FRIEND HE LEFT BEHIND!

COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Still, since he is a skeleton, his hair would dissolve into nothingness before his flesh would.
That doesn't looks like a whale eith-
It's ok, Bagan. Just don't question One Piece logic. Ever.

Side note: Get all the One Piece outta here. Unless Ridley has appeared in it and it improves his chances in Sm4sh.
Is it worse than Mario and its non-existent logic?

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I rember in melee the ridley was just a bit taller then Seamus (im referring to the opening scene)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I rember in melee the ridley was just a bit taller then Seamus (im referring to the opening scene)
He's gotten bigger and bigger with each installment. So the only logical thought is Ridley will be even BIGGER in this Smash! So therefore...He's too BIG :troll:

It appears IsmaR hasn't changed the first post yet. Still wanna know what's up.
Edit: as long as it has ridleu it is the best. but why linebeck and slippy over krystal. . . .

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
This version of that animation is better:
It looks more...um...calm and eye textures where not screwed up on this one. There is more animations. A lot more. Enough for a Street Fighter or Marvel VS Capcom character. And code, sounds, everything required for a fighting game character. He just needs to move hit legs more while standing and attacking.
I feel as if that animation is too jumpy. There's too much movement going on.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

...how can he have hair on a skull? Wouldn't they fall off each time he turns his head or just moves it? That goes against all laws of...eh, whatever then...
His hair have very strong roots.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
So, I did some math (I'm super tired so if I don't seem as "energetic" as usual that's why), and by math I mean I stacked a pokemon on top of another pokemon until it was a Ridley (like what I did with Pikachu).

So what happened is I took this low quality image:

And made a Lucario tower. I mathematically figured out that 3 Lucarios are a Ridley in the air. If you don't believe me here is the math:

I only measured the body because Ridley's wings and tail can be bone-snapped folded into his regular body size perfectly fine. This does not constitute for his ground size, because when a character is in the air, their wings extend and their feet drop.

My estimate (no math behind this) is that ground Ridley is 2 and a half Lucarios (2 / 2 and a quarter if he's hunched over).

So, while yes, Ridley is big in Brawl, he is not nearly as big as we made him out to be. It's just an illusion caused by his wings and tail. Ridley is not so big.

In retrospect, I have no idea what the hell I was trying to prove with this...

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
So, I did some math (I'm super tired so if I don't seem as "energetic" as usual that's why), and by math I mean I stacked a pokemon on top of another pokemon until it was a Ridley (like what I did with Pikachu).

So what happened is I took this low quality image:

And made a Lucario tower. I mathematically figured out that 3 Lucarios are a Ridley in the air. If you don't believe me here is the math:

I only measured the body because Ridley's wings and tail can be bone-snapped folded into his regular body size perfectly fine. This does not constitute for his ground size, because when a character is in the air, their wings extend and their feet drop.

My estimate (no math behind this) is that ground Ridley is 2 and a half Lucarios (2 / 2 and a quarter if he's hunched over).

So, while yes, Ridley is big in Brawl, he is not nearly as big as we made him out to be. It's just an illusion caused by his wings and tail. Ridley is not so big.

In retrospect, I have no idea what the hell I was trying to prove with this...
You don't need to prove anything.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He's gotten bigger and bigger with each installment. So the only logical thought is Ridley will be even BIGGER in this Smash! So therefore...He's too BIG :troll:
He will be so big that even the Void will be powerless before it and just look small...that sounds weird since the Void is nothing, so...Ridley will be so big that he will not even notice Galactus and Unicron while being a stage boss on a Pyrosphere...somehow...
You don't need to prove anything.
Where do you keep getting those gifs from? The Void?! The Subspace?!

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
He will be so big that even the Void will be powerless before it and just look small...that sounds weird since the Void is nothing, so...Ridley will be so big that he will not even notice Galactus and Unicron while being a stage boss on a Pyrosphere...somehow...

Where do you keep getting those gifs from? The Void?! The Subspace?!
:4falcon:

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
This is my roster that has Ridley in it so what do you think u guys?
View attachment 20489

I'm being noticed!
I made that R.O.B. icon! I swear I did. It was just last week, wasn't it?

Uhm, uh, yeah good roster. I really like it, thanks for sharing. A+ for including Ridley (and R.O.B.). Five stars.
:starman::starman::starman::starman::starman:
<==There are stars here, I think they're broken though.

But now we must go back to the land of Ridley and speculation...:drsad:

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Ridley looks way too mindless in this mod for my liking.(idle animation) I've seen a bunch of Ridley mods in Brawl. I think the best one has been posted here already.
I personally prefer this other mod moveset, but it's probably been posted before.

I don't have enough posts to post a link (this is actually my first post), but just put this portion after the v= in the youtube link.
lxVkSaVgm1A

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Plain and simple did sakurai announce anyhing special for the 6th (yet) and thats in a day and a half.

Ah, you make a good point. I think I'll side with you here.

It's more likely to be sometime else, I don't expect to see Iwata pull a Direct out of his ass and flashily present it to us (sorry for that imagery). The 20th seems more likely to me, just my opinions though.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Santa? Santa Ridley? If no, then...SHOOT HIM! SHOOT THAT TRAITOR! DECAPITATE HIM! EVISCERATE HIM! DISEMBOWEL HIM! UURRRHAUUUURGH!!!

Ridley superiour. Everyone else inferiour.
He gives presents to his supporters and kills the parents of the haters.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
The fanbase is so split if Ridley will be a character or not, Its so interesting to watch.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Because I don't like Wario. Because he is fat and ugly and I hate wario!
Ok then, we will keep you and your gifs...but be warned - if you will betray us one more time, we will disembowel, eviscerate, decapitate, slap and shoot you before enjoying our turkey we prepared for DINNER.

I'm on a bit of a gif spree...I'll stop now.

Ridley is awesome and such...

Last edited:
Top Bottom