• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
So, apparently Smash for 3DS is getting E 10+ rating. Do you guys think this hurts Ridley's chances at all?
We argued again and again against detractors that Ridley was not "too scary" or "too brutal" (Ridley is just too everything isn't he?), so I don't think it means anything, EVEN to Snake.
I think it would be something like this:
I've seen him before, TakeSomeCrime right?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I care about Zelda, it being one of my most beloved video game franchises. But let's get back to Ridley.

Chances of Ridley being a starter character? I personally think he'll be an unlockable character, just curious if you guys think him getting revealed before the game comes out will make him a possible starter.
At least LoZ has all of the important characters and few extra characters while Metroid has only 1 important character and 1 extra character that shouldn't have been playable...

Low. He would better work as an unlockable character. It would be surprising for casual players or at least those who have never heard anything about Ridley
So, apparently Smash for 3DS is getting E 10+ rating. Do you guys think this hurts Ridley's chances at all?
Zero Suit Samus is...urgh...while Re-Deads, Tabuu, Ridley, Meta Ridley and Grannydorf Ganondorf are kinda creepy already, especially Re-Deads. I don't think everyone cares about that rating. That rating only hurts (by 80%) Scorpion/MK guys, Bayonetta, Kratos, etc. chances because if you remove their 16+ (or even 18+) part, then they won't be same.
Um, yeah, it was a real shame...

By permanent I meant permanent in Smash Bros (like Mario and Samus). I bet when Ridley gets in, he'll be permanent. I mean, come on. He's a staple of the Metroid series, he just has to be a permanent Smasher.

And nice job.:4greninja:
He either needs to be reworked like Ganondorf needs to (but a lot more) or don't even get close to SSB with that sh**y moveset. Why make such inferiour clone? Or he was supposed to be a joke character?

I don't know, i doubt it, but who knows? Jigglypuff returned in Melee and Brawl and so did Toon Link and Ike.

That is first time i ever did that...thanks..?
You know what I've been thinking?
Alot of "Reptilian" Villians have been getting a Skeleton "Form" through the years.
Not specifically a "Form" Form, but we've seen them performing actions in a Skeletal State.
Dry Bowser (driving Motorbikes like a bawz) and Melting-In-Lava-butstillagoodguy-Crocomire (SCREEEEEEEEECH) just to name a few.
So what would Ridley look like as a Living Skeleton?
...Probably terrifying yet Badass as crap.
...Also Nightmare Fuel.
Get on it, Nintendo. Make the new 3D Metroid game have a terrifying Skeletal Ridley.
...then nothing will change except for his colors and lack of skin and maybe organs.
We argued again and again against detractors that Ridley was not "too scary" or "too brutal" (Ridley is just too everything isn't he?), so I don't think it means anything, EVEN to Snake.
That is what makes me sad about Ridley - Nintendo won't allow him to go wild to keep everything family-friendly. Only in the manga he was allowed to do something at least close to what a bloodthirsty dragon like him should do. By that i mean he killed Samus' mother with fire, attempted to kill Platinum Chest/one of those chozo by...don't remember that word...and crushed Samus' parents' heads (not really, but at least that is what Samus saw after seeing Ridley 2nd time).

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So sup Ridley Support Thread!

First time posting here & judging from the 20+ users adding the 25+ visitors here (damn i love this), I wanna share an idea I recently had last week but decided to post about it now that's not amazing as others but it's random-ish.

The trailer Ridley would debut in would need be a cross-over of Metroid, & Ice Climbers for it work according to my brain.

*Trailer starts, foreshadowing a figure of two figures, only showing their feet & teasing to only show bits & pieces of the shaded out charactres climbing over slopes, jumping up pathways to the top, almost at their destination goal flag, getting to the very last flag & trying their hardest struggling to reach it when suddenly, Popo falls, followed by a hand mitten grabbing Popo being Nana*

This confirms the Ice climbers starting out out the trailer with the obvious taste of hype that mellows out but needs a rising moment of hype to make the fans scream. Following by. . .

*returning back to their cut-scene of reaching the last flag on the mountain top, a trouble be-falls them as the part of the ice that they stand on crumbles & both Ice Climbers are seen falling in mid-air, to be saved by a Pterodactyl-like image*

*the ice climber's sighs of reilef go by as they start to look up at the shadowed blacked out color of the creature & heavily hint at the claw they hold onto as it carries them, noticing it's purple*

*HYPE LEVEL INTENSIFIES, ALSO DE-CONFIRMING THAT PTERODACTYL BOSS FROM ICECLIMBERS*
*scene continues as it zooms looking up seeing the shadowy mysterious Pterodactyl color in & realization turns to it confirming Ridley*

Ridley Plunders in!
so yeah I got nothing else. Sorry but thank you for reading my random trailer idea.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just see it as

but without the flesh. The dragon's basically just skin and bones in this incarnation.
Needs more Badass
Send Brawley into the pit of Haxorus', Lava Pits and Masahiro Sakurais.
That'll shape 'im up.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Alot of "Reptilian" Villians have been getting a Skeleton "Form" through the years.
Not specifically a "Form" Form, but we've seen them performing actions in a Skeletal State.
Dry Bowser (driving Motorbikes like a bawz) and Melting-In-Lava-butstillagoodguy-Crocomire (SCREEEEEEEEECH) just to name a few.
...Also Nightmare Fuel.
Get on it, Nintendo. Make the new 3D Metroid game have a terrifying Skeletal Ridley.
Well, Ridley has been a cyborg, a mutant, a cyborg mutant, and a clone. Why not a spooky, scary skeleton? Or a technozombie?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvWCMZ4s60 the first part is about ridley, the rest is a mod for pkmn trainer. this mod isnt so bad, it looks pretty big because its being compared to ness who is one of the smallest characters.
Ridley looks way too mindless in this mod for my liking.(idle animation) I've seen a bunch of Ridley mods in Brawl. I think the best one has been posted here already.

First time posting here & judging from the 20+ users adding the 25+ visitors here (damn i love this), I wanna share an idea I recently had last week but decided to post about it now that's not amazing as others but it's random-ish.

The trailer Ridley would debut in would need be a cross-over of Metroid, & Ice Climbers for it work according to my brain.

*Trailer starts, foreshadowing a figure of two figures, only showing their feet & teasing to only show bits & pieces of the shaded out charactres climbing over slopes, jumping up pathways to the top, almost at their destination goal flag, getting to the very last flag & trying their hardest struggling to reach it when suddenly, Popo falls, followed by a hand mitten grabbing Popo being Nana*

This confirms the Ice climbers starting out out the trailer with the obvious taste of hype that mellows out but needs a rising moment of hype to make the fans scream. Following by. . .

*returning back to their cut-scene of reaching the last flag on the mountain top, a trouble be-falls them as the part of the ice that they stand on crumbles & both Ice Climbers are seen falling in mid-air, to be saved by a Pterodactyl-like image*

*the ice climber's sighs of reilef go by as they start to look up at the shadowed blacked out color of the creature & heavily hint at the claw they hold onto as it carries them, noticing it's purple*

*HYPE LEVEL INTENSIFIES, ALSO DE-CONFIRMING THAT PTERODACTYL BOSS FROM ICECLIMBERS*
*scene continues as it zooms looking up seeing the shadowy mysterious Pterodactyl color in & realization turns to it confirming Ridley*

Ridley Plunders in!
so yeah I got nothing else. Sorry but thank you for reading my random trailer idea.
Never thought about the ice climber pterodactyl thing. . . I want it now

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, Ridley has been a cyborg, a mutant, a cyborg mutant, and a clone. Why not a spooky, scary skeleton? Or a technozombie?
He is very close to being a scary skeleton and he was a technozombie in Prime 3 or at least close to it if it means what i am thinking about it. He is awesome enough even without any super powers and those final forms.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Ridley Plunders in!
That was an amazing trailer I just read...

Five stars

EDIT: The stars are broken, but there were 5 of them...

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass

I got no ideas about Ridley with move-set descussion other than noticing his Boss AI from Brawl Boss Battle, other than the trailer Idea.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

maybe this model will change your mind, or not
Not to be rude, but he kinda looks too...move-y. Like he's moving too much to where it looks like he's constantly taunting the opponent. Aside from that he doesn't look as mindless as the one in the video.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Probably not according to the ESRB. But holy crap SSBB had simulated gambling so it was rated T. Smash no longer has the coin lottery confirmed!!! :( Not sure if it might hurt Snake's chance of coming back.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvWCMZ4s60 the first part is about ridley, the rest is a mod for pkmn trainer. this mod isnt so bad, it looks pretty big because its being compared to ness who is one of the smallest characters.
Looks fine, but actual animations kinda feel...um...like animations used in that April Direct. And i don't like his idea that much since it is a PSA over someone who can't grab ledges, use items, final smash, etc.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass

I got no ideas about Ridley with move-set descussion other than noticing his Boss AI from Brawl Boss Battle, other than the trailer Idea.
That badass Wing-flap wind attack from Brawl needs to make an appearance in his moveset/taunts. The animation was so well done.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
...Also Nightmare Fuel.
Now that I remember...that is something I use for my Catrin Ridley....

SCAN0110 - Copy.JPG

I combined my old concept of Grim Reaper Ridley with the character of El Catrin (that is a living skeleton...) and the result was my Catrin Ridley.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

maybe this model will change your mind, or not
This version of that animation is better:

It looks more...um...calm and eye textures where not screwed up on this one. There is more animations. A lot more. Enough for a Street Fighter or Marvel VS Capcom character. And code, sounds, everything required for a fighting game character. He just needs to move hit legs more while standing and attacking.

I like using him...but he feels a bit overpowered...don't know why...not Meta Knight-overpowered fortunately.

View attachment 20483
I combined my old concept of Grim Reaper Ridley with the character of El Catrin (that is a living skeleton...) and the result was my Catrin Ridley.
Catrin Ridley looks a lot better than Grim Reaper Ridley and El Catrin. Now we need Meta Ridley+Toaster...im not serious of course...that would still be funny...hm...would it toast toasts or not?

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I can't take all of this waiting around for much longer. I need an announcement, pronto.
I'm putting the official Ridley countdown timer on by tomorrow. I feel something big is about to happen. I feel it in my soul.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I've seen him before, TakeSomeCrime right?
Your right, Ridley is too everything:
Too awesome
Too badass
Too important in the Metroid franchise
And too hyped.

That's why he shall be in the next smash.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Your right, Ridley is too everything:
Too awesome
Too badass
Too important in the Metroid franchise
And too hyped.

That's why he shall be in the next smash.
If nobody else will do it, I will before I fall victim to:4greninja: myself.

If he's too everything, does that make him too big? Too big for Smash? :yeahboi:

You'd rather have me do it than an actual detractor, wouldn't you?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Let's hope, for my sanity's sake.
Ridley supporters have been waiting for this news for so long. A couple more months isn't that long compared to all the pain and torture Ridley supporters have had to suffer for so long.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

View attachment 20483
This is awesome, but as a living skeleton, I prefer Brook

EDIT:
If nobody else will do it, I will before I fall victim to:4greninja: myself.

If he's too everything, does that make him too big? Too big for Smash? :yeahboi:

This also make him too big to NOT be in Smash

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Si, senorita. Es excelente! Pero, vivo en los estados unidos. Espanol no es mi primera lenguaje.
-u- Oh don't worry! I can't speak english perfectly myself...! but glad to see there are more mexicans in the boards!

Well, back to Ridley...
012 (2).gif

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
We are saving those detractors for Ridley nuke. At least we can promptly shoot you, then ressurect/rebuild with a cyber-toaster arm and laser eyes so you could continue doing that until we will get tired or we will ran out of resources to rebuild you. But since our science team has vapour for brains, that toaster arm will most likely explode while you are toasting toasts.
This is awesome, but as a living skeleton, I prefer Brook
...how can he have hair on a skull? Wouldn't they fall off each time he turns his head or just moves it? That goes against all laws of...eh, whatever then...

Last edited:
Top Bottom