• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
Speaking design-wise, do you think Sakurai will have his teeth sticking out like they were on his Other M design or more like Zero Mission?

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Something Zelda-y to celebrate the Hyrule warriors direct. If they announce Skull Kid or some other character tonight, maybe it will announce them as an assist trophy in tomorrows PotD.
I'm pretty sure Skull Kid was already announced as an assist trophy.

Speaking design-wise, do you think Sakurai will have his teeth sticking out like they were on his Other M design or more like Zero Mission?
I REALLY hope it's the latter. I want something like Brawley's head with Roidley's body.

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Even more to it he's also the one who lures Samus to it so he can get his food, the King KiHunter wouldn't have been a boss if it wasn't because Ridley thought it was dinner time.

All I know about it is that Fi is apparently the good counterpart to Ghirahim. The song that's played is apparently taught by or at least related to Impa, so it could go either way I suppose.
Actually I'm pretty sure that song isn't taught by Impa, but just one of the goddesses statues, I recently replayed Skyward sword, so I got my facts straight.
Anyways if Ridley's reveal trailer shows off a new 3DS stage, what do you guys/gals think it should be? Personally I'd like an arena from Metroid Prime hunters cause even though it wasn't the best control wise, you gotta give it credit that the multiplayer WAS pretty fun (and I am aware of how little relevancy it is to Ridley but it's still a good place to have Samus and Ridley duke it out in my opinion)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Probably Other M. Unless Sakurai does some weird hybrid with his character design.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Something Zelda-y to celebrate the Hyrule warriors direct. If they announce Skull Kid or some other character tonight, maybe it will announce them as an assist trophy in tomorrows PotD.

But deep down I'm hoping it will be Ghirahim as an Assist Trophy and not playable.

But yeah, nothing Ridley tomorrow. Don't be expecting/fearing anything tomorrow.

Edit: oh you meant for hyrule warriors :0 woops...

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
No teeth showing is what I'm hoping for.

Anyways if Ridley's reveal trailer shows off a new 3DS stage, what do you guys/gals think it should be? Personally I'd like an arena from Metroid Prime hunters cause even though it wasn't the best control wise, you gotta give it credit that the multiplayer WAS pretty fun (and I am aware of how little relevancy it is to Ridley but it's still a good place to have Samus and Ridley duke it out in my opinion)
Prime Hunters is probably the most relevant game to the 3DS version. I loved the multiplayer.

As for the stage, I'm having trouble choosing between a few Arenas I'd like to see for Ridley's home stage.

I'm thinking Incubation Vault because it'd be a new type of stage to Smash, and the word "Incubation" makes me think of Chickley.

I'm also thinking Processor Core because it'd be the obligatory cave-type level that every Smash installment has had.

And then last I'm thinking Combat Hall because it's the most basic and probably the most recognizable.

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042

Prime Hunters is probably the most relevant game to the 3DS version. I loved the multiplayer.

As for the stage, I'm having trouble choosing between a few Arenas I'd like to see.

I'm thinking Incubation Vault because it'd be a new type of stage to Smash, and the word "Incubation" makes me think of Chickley.

I'm also thinking Processor Core because it'd be the obligatory cave-type level that every Smash installment has had.

And then last I'm thinking Combat Hall because it's the most basic and probably the most recognizable.
Hold on, gotta go get my copy out so I can remember what these stages are (though I do remember combat hall for sure, it's just the others I'm a bit iffy on memory wise
EDIT: Just realized you put a link to the arenas, I is of the smartest variety

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think Ridley's appearance will determine what playstyle Ridley has.

The Traditional one that is more slower and has ranged attacks.

The Metroid Other M Ridley who would be faster, but lacks range.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I just think Sakurai is using the complete Roidley design. He'll be slow on the ground but strong, and he'll have a godly air game. Is that OP? Even if it is I don't even care!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Hold on, gotta go get my copy out so I can remember what these stages are (though I do remember combat hall for sure, it's just the others I'm a bit iffy on memory wise
EDIT: Just realized you put a link to the arenas, I is of the smartest variety
I sold my copy a few years back, definitely re-buying it just for the memories. ;-;

And yeah I linked so that you can just look off of there.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Betting on teeth out at all times, it's almost certainly going to be the Other M design anyways, and he had it in Brawl too. I like how it makes him look more vicious, but yet again I do prefer the ZM design as it makes him look more intelligent.

Actually I'm pretty sure that song isn't taught by Impa, but just one of the goddesses statues, I recently replayed Skyward sword, so I got my facts straight.
Alrighty then, I haven't played the game so I'm only going by what I've heard from people.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just think Sakurai is using the complete Roidley design. He'll be slow on the ground but strong, and he'll have a godly air game. Is that OP? Even if it is I don't even care!
Get out Jigglypuff, we got a new Air God.
Little Mac, meet your Rival.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I sold my copy a few years back, definitely re-buying it just for the memories. ;-;

And yeah I linked so that you can just look off of there.
Why would you do that :sadeyes:. Oh and now that I looked around for a good minute or so, I REALLY would like to have an Oubliette stage, with Gorea being a stage boss which can only be harmed after collecting the omega cannon pickup in the center

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman

As for the stage, I'm having trouble choosing between a few Arenas I'd like to see.

I think a good hunters stage would be Oubliette(The stage with the omega cannon). It would be a great vertical level favoring horizontal KOs. Have the hunters fighting for the omega cannon in the background, and when one of them grabs and fires it, an explosion happens on a part of the level.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I think a good hunters stage would be Oubliette(The stage with the omega cannon). It would be a great vertical level favoring horizontal KOs. Have the hunters fighting for the omega cannon in the background, and when one of them grabs and fires it, an explosion happens on a part of the level.
Sounds like someone just got Greninja'd by little ol' me (though the ideas were different it was the same place)

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Sort of on the topic of Ridley being quadrupedal or not: When you fight Omega Ridley in Prime 3 he stands on his hind legs and starts charging Spirit Bombs in each of his hands. It's the scariest, most badass thing I've ever seen.
Go to the 4 minute mark in this video. You'll see it.

Edit: @AndreaAC

You should create something based on this attack.
:4falcon:

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Why would you do that :sadeyes:.
I was dumb. :(

I was saving up money for a 3DS so I sold a bunch of games "I'd never need again". My two biggest regrets from that were me selling Prime Hunters and SSBM. Kill me. Or sacrifice me to Ridley, that seems like a just punishment.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Get out Jigglypuff, we got a new Air God.
Little Mac, meet your Rival.
I feel ridley would be effective in the air in a totally different way than jiggily as probably would have good speed and range vs. jiggily's turtle space control/edgeguarding. I also think ridley would be alot slower on the ground but his range would still be amazing.

Little mac is the ground god, Jiggily the air god.

Ridley is altogether something different, an amalgamation of moves taking up space, long range and great air speed.

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042

I was saving up money for a 3DS so I sold a bunch of games "I'd never need again". My two biggest regrets from that were me selling Prime Hunters and SSBM. Kill me. Or sacrifice me to Ridley, that seems like a just punishment.
Eh for SSBM it's better to have no copy then to have a broken one that just taunts you (it was my first GC game, and a friend gave me it before I got a GC, and it's so scratched up now it's unplayable) But for Hunters I have to ask, how much of the Multiplayer did you play and did you beat the main story? (hopefully yes considering how me and Riddles both spoiled the final boss)

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman

I'm sure you could find a copy of hunters for less than five bucks somewhere. I have a copy of first hunt I got for 21 cents coming in the mail :chuckle:(I know its a demo, but I'm trying to collect every portable Metroid.)

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
We all know Sakurai will probably just pick the PYR sector from Fusion for the 3DS stage. :awesome:

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Sort of on the topic of Ridley being quadrupedal or not: When you fight Omega Ridley in Prime 3 he stands on his hind legs and starts charging Spirit Bombs in each of his hands. It's the scariest thing I've ever seen.
And when he releases them it looks like he was firing some electrical cage or fence kind of structure. You don't see the attack too often though since the orbs in his hands are easily destructible before he gets the chance to finish the attack, and then he just gets stunned like usual. :u I doubt something like that would ever be part of any Ridley moveset regardless of the incarnation, but it would be kinda cool.

Bipedal with the quadrupedal option via crawling.
Beat me to it, but yeah. This is a reasonable way to have the best of both worlds for him.

And guys, for real. Not to be that guy, but some of you need to more strongly take heed of what IsmaR was saying about keeping the topic as strictly related to Ridley for Smash 4 as possible. This isn't the Metroid general thread or the place to talk about other games, series, or characters. Issy's had to hand out multiple warnings almost every time she catches up on the thread now it seems, and I want the thread to at least still be around until the game comes out. If you don't have anything on topic to contribute, don't keep posting just for the sake of it.. Thank you, and props to those who just attempted to bring things more back on topic with the Ridley gameplay talk.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i think they are referring to the fact that when you play ballad of the goddess backwards, it is quite clearly zelda's lullaby... which IS taught to you by impa, in ocarina of time.

back to ridley... as for his appearance in this game... it would be cool if his teeth werent sticking out, i'd hope that sakurai could portray all the viciousness of his more primal forms, but the intellect of his more evolved forms all in one perfect monster.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
i think they are referring to the fact that when you play ballad of the goddess backwards, it is quite clearly zelda's lullaby... which IS taught to you by impa, in ocarina of time.

back to ridley... as for his appearance in this game... it would be cool if his teeth werent sticking out, i'd hope that sakurai could portray all the viciousness of his more primal forms, but the intellect of his more evolved forms all in one perfect monster.
I really hope its impa instead of one shot ghirahim, too many one shots in this smash...

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
We all know Sakurai will probably just pick the PYR sector from Fusion for the 3DS stage. :awesome:
Shhhhhh, let us speculate, it's the only thing that keeps some of us sane, don't take that away from us....
In all serious though if they were to make a Fusion stage the only place I can imagine is the big room where you fight the SA-X scaled down a bit and walls removed though I don't think an SA-X stage hazard would happen

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Sort of on the topic of Ridley being quadrupedal or not: When you fight Omega Ridley in Prime 3 he stands on his hind legs and starts charging Spirit Bombs in each of his hands. It's the scariest, most badass thing I've ever seen.
Go to the 4 minute mark in this video. You'll see it.
-u- That's another reason of why I love Ridley's Omega form....his attacks. I don't care if he's slower compared to Meta Ridley in Prime 1......I love how his attacks look....I could watch him for a really long time.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Better than a one shot Marth clone at least.

Back to Ridley, do you think he'd be high tier, with the assumed set up most of us have agreed on?
Well. He's certainly going to be a large character. I'm assuming mid tier at best. Especially considering he's going to be reliant on his air game. (most likely) Air attacks in general don't seem as effective in this game. On the other hand, if Ridley has better air game than anyone else. He's got good chances.

-u- That's another reason of why I love Ridley's Omega form....his attacks. I don't care if he's slower compared to Meta Ridley in Prime 1......I love how his attacks look....I could watch him for a really long time.

Indeed. His ground attacks all look really cool, especially when he spreads his wings. Also...I think your attraction to Ridley is starting to get unhealthy.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

Back to Ridley, do you think he'd be high tier, with the assumed set up most of us have agreed on?
The air dodge is super spammable in this game, so.... Higher than Meta Knight tier.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I would like if instead of Ridley looking all steamy when he has high damage %, it would be cool for him to instead show battle damage as he gradually takes more damage.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237

he might be, but it wouldnt really matter to me since the characters i main arent decided by tier listing

Top Bottom