• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It would be one thing if he had just said too big and we countered. It's another thing to tote off false information and make it fact. Only then to use that same false information to belittle a fan.

EDIT------------
None the less we should just drop this sad attempt at an argument and continue with support as you implied. I only brought it up because I found it hilarious. Hit the wrong button on the last post and can't find a delete button, if a mod could pick that up, that'd be nice.
EDIT------------
None the less we should just drop this sad attempt at an argument and continue with support as you implied. I only brought it up because I found it hilarious.
Gemi-ridley-ni Man strikes again.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I seriously don't know how to fix that. Is there a delete button, I'm on mobile so excuse me if I'm blind but I legit want to know how to get rid(ley) of it.
Nopely.
In other ridley news,
Anyone else find Reptidley pretty badass?
Reptidley = the one between Chickley and Roidley.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Hit the wrong button on the last post and can't find a delete button, if a mod could pick that up, that'd be nice.
There is no delete button. Just edit the post and replace it all with "-Accidental Double Post-" and then you can explain what happened if you want.

Well, damn :4greninja:

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
EDIT------------
None the less we should just drop this sad attempt at an argument and continue with support as you implied. I only brought it up because I found it hilarious.
Excuse me? I wasn't even trying to argue with you. There was no attempt, so don't call me pathetic.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Which would you guys prefer?

Bipedal Ridley or Quadrupedal Ridley?

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Every time someone posts a link to miiverse or another detractor post site I think "We need to make a huge collaboration video on these reasons!" but then I realize that I've been shot down twice for that here and that nobody is going to do a video with me hint hint (not really)
We could ask BradleyNews11 for a Miiverse video. Somehow he has made like 30 episodes, one each saturday, without suffering an embolism.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I can't take those that say that Ridley can't be playable because he's always been a boss seriously.

Not only for the fact that there are plenty of characters that throw that argument out the window, but also that the notion of being able to control a character you'd otherwise be unable to play* as is one of the things that people tend to look forward to in Smash, since, again, you'd not be able to play as them in other situations.

* By this I refer to characters that:

• The player is never able to play as outside of Smash in any form (like Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer)
  • Are controllable every now and then, but in a very limited fashion (like Zelda in Spirit Tracks)
  • Technically represent the player in game, but isn't really controllable (like Dr Mario)
  • Are playable and controllable, but are only so in a certain context, like being inside vehicle all the time (like Captain Falcon)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I can't take those that say that Ridley can't be playable because he's always been a boss seriously.

Not only for the fact that there are plenty of characters that throw that argument out the window, but also that the notion of being able to control a character you'd otherwise be unable to play* as is one of the things that people tend to look forward to in Smash, since, again, you'd not be able to play as them in other situations.
* By this I refer to characters that:
  • The player is never able to play as outside of Smash in any form (like Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer)
  • Are controllable every now and then, but in a very limited fashion (like Zelda in Spirit Tracks)
  • Technically represent the player in game, but isn't really controllable (like Dr Mario)
  • Are playable and controllable, but are only so in a certain context, like being inside vehicle all the time (like Captain Falcon)
Add this to the second post. :I

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Since I'm still new, I'd like to ask what specifically is the "Splounge water."

Also, what does it mean to be :4greninja:'d?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
There are 22 of us here and the thread is moving this slow? Come on guys, we can go faster than this.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ninja'd or Greninja'd, in this case, refers to when someone posts the content you were about to post before you, usually as a result of them making the post while you were writing your own.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

"Splounge Water" is basically Shokio's Protein Shake.
Being :4greninja:'d is basically someone posts what you were gonna say a few seconds before you.
Edit: My-Icon'd by SkyBlade12 XD

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

It means someone posted the same thing (or the same general idea) that you were posting before you just posted it. It usually is edited in afterwards once you see that you were:4greninja: by someone.

EDIT: Damn it, I was just:4greninja: by SmashRiver64 and Skyblade12. See how it works now?

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

That water is a strange substance that turns you into a Ridley hater. Miiverse and Youtube's comment section drank too much.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Any news on a general direct?
they will probbably annoucne one right after the hyrule warriors one tonight. though they might wait till later in the month.
Speaking of that Hyrule Warriors Direct, I have to stay up until 11 to see if we'll get a date for the next general direct (and by association, potential Ridley reveal date).

Anyone still banking on a villains trailer?
Yeah, but not tonight. We aren't getting any Smash news tonight, I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
None of the Moderators have their Icons as Sakurai's Cat.
Seriously, Sakurai posted so much pictures of his cat on Twitter, and it's hilarious.
Smashboards = Smash Bros. Site, but no Sakurai's Cat icon.
Seriously, look at that face.
In other news, what do you guys think Tomorrow's PotD will be? :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Anyone still banking on a villains trailer?
Yes, I fully am. I think we'll get a Villains Trailer, maybe with one hero in it (if its a newcomer, I'd say Isaac). I don't think K. Rool will be in a Villains Trailer at this point because I fully expect to get a DK trailer.

Seriously, Sakurai posted so much pictures of his cat on Twitter, and it's hilarious.
Ganondorf or a 3DS Kirby stage.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Ganondorf hopefully. They don't need to announce him in the direct, just on the website.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
I am expecting ganondorf

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Maybe *cough* AndreaAC would volunteer as tribute for the Cunning God himself...
=u= Wait....do you mean like....human sacrifice? if it is that...I wouldn't refuse, specially if it is for Ridley...if not....my mind is playing tricks with me....

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
a picture of mario jumping

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Something Zelda-y to celebrate the Hyrule warriors direct. If they announce Skull Kid or some other character tonight, maybe it will announce them as an assist trophy in tomorrows PotD.

But deep down I'm hoping it will be Ghirahim as an Assist Trophy and not playable.

But yeah, nothing Ridley tomorrow. Don't be expecting/fearing anything tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
=u= Wait....do you mean like....human sacrifice? if it is that...I wouldn't refuse, specially if it is for Ridley...if not....my mind is playing tricks with me....
b18.png
Perhaps he is taking about another kind of tribute...
b13.png
I'm so sorry I'm joking don't take me seriously

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
specially if it is for Ridley...if not....my mind is playing tricks with me....
I thought we established that Smash Bros only had one god...
So, no, it isn't Ridley you will be sacrificed to.

Don't kill me ;-;
It was a joke ;-;

Last edited:
Top Bottom